These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

AFK Cloaking Collection Thread

First post First post
Author
Luc Chastot
#21 - 2013-03-20 08:04:30 UTC
I think the fact this comes up so regularly shows there is an issue. The forums need a tool for people to discourage other people from filling it with drivel.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Line Khagah
Wormhole Rats and Fromage
#22 - 2013-03-20 09:15:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Line Khagah
a good solution to solve the permanent AFK cloaking .
but allows for semi AFK cloaking play correctly.

it makes more AFK cloaking is a bit longer skiller.
and now it costs ISK.

1.
I propose instead that the cloaking module consumes
- The fuel is the same as for cyno
- Or cap booster,
- Or nanites,
in function of going to say that it is very energy intensive made or that changes the structure nanite surface of the shell to make it invisible to the scanner


This made the module will automatically limited time
- Either by the hold of the vessel (for fuel)
- Either by the number of charges contained in the module (cap booster, nanite)
fuel consumption or the sizes of cap booster, or the number of nanite consumed at each cycle would depend on the size of vessels.

the max cloaking will therefore depend
- The size of the compartment for the fuel,
- Or the number of load (cap booster nanite) contained in the module,
- And depending on the cycle time of the module cloak.


I think it is necessary to have a long cycle time of about 3 minutes per cycle that leads to a cloak time of 30 minutes with 10 charges
more skill is added Cloaking time (x6) it increases the duration by 20% level is a max length of 6 minutes per cycle with a time of 1 hour max cloaking.

recharge time of the modules will also be taken into account I think a time of 6 minutes to reload
- It is short access to be done anywhere,
- But as long access to the ship is detected by scanning probe fight

this cooldown pourrat also be optimized by a cloaking skill load (x6) will reduce this cooldown by 5% per level which reduces to a max 4 minutes 30 seconds.

2.
He'll also welcome to deploy bubbles with wave decloak the wave timer is de 1 minutes, must also access the wave is distinguished hard for a player who wants to pass between two waves is a doubt.

when a ship goes into the range and the wave is burst y is decloak

small with a range of 75 km
Large TII up with a wide range of 250 km

all cycle times and wave decloak are to optimize on, even if I think I have a good compromise Locate on timer

but I think I have a good data base game, easily integrable with CCP mechanism because all are already used by another module that allows semi AFK cloaking always with players this head-on their screens even though there were several ALT

it also allows servers to saturate CCP account logged totally inactive but which I think should take nothing for resources
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#23 - 2013-03-20 09:34:35 UTC
Luc Chastot wrote:
I think the fact this comes up so regularly shows there is an issue. The forums need a tool for people to discourage other people from filling it with drivel.


The issue is how horribly broken the local channel is. Every "wah a single cloaked pilot in my system" nullbear refuses to accept this though :)
Lavayar
ANGELGARD.
Red Alliance
#24 - 2013-03-20 11:05:22 UTC
Good job. I think this one needs to be stickied.
Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#25 - 2013-03-20 11:20:25 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Luc Chastot wrote:
I think the fact this comes up so regularly shows there is an issue. The forums need a tool for people to discourage other people from filling it with drivel.


The issue is how horribly broken the local channel is. Every "wah a single cloaked pilot in my system" nullbear refuses to accept this though :)


It's not totaly about nullbears and you know it even if you hate nullbears from the bottom of your heart and they most likely hate you also for you just being you as you are.

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm

DataRunner Attor
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-03-20 11:29:10 UTC
Line Khagah wrote:
snip




That idea is not really original and been discuss before, and cloaking already cost isk, when ever you are cloaked afk, you are not gaining any isk, thus you are losing isk, and it already been said that fuel for cloak will just hurt true cloakers in the long run specially the blockade runners.

“Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.”

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#27 - 2013-03-20 12:02:56 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:
It's not totaly about nullbears and you know it even if you hate nullbears from the bottom of your heart and they most likely hate you also for you just being you as you are.


It is 100% about nullbears. The people who bear in nullsec are the only ones who cry about a single cloaked ship in their system because it represents an unknown, a potential threat. They don't like that because they're bears. They should have stayed in the bear enclosure that is highsec. I don't hate them, I just don't understand why they made the choice to go to one of the riskiest areas of the game if they don't want risk.
DataRunner Attor
Doomheim
#28 - 2013-03-20 12:07:21 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Azrael Dinn wrote:
It's not totaly about nullbears and you know it even if you hate nullbears from the bottom of your heart and they most likely hate you also for you just being you as you are.


It is 100% about nullbears. The people who bear in nullsec are the only ones who cry about a single cloaked ship in their system because it represents an unknown, a potential threat. They don't like that because they're bears. They should have stayed in the bear enclosure that is highsec. I don't hate them, I just don't understand why they made the choice to go to one of the riskiest areas of the game if they don't want risk.



not to mention with every thread created about cloakers, it always shot down by others saying it balanced cause local exist :P

“Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.”

Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#29 - 2013-03-20 13:43:38 UTC
DataRunner Attor wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Azrael Dinn wrote:
It's not totaly about nullbears and you know it even if you hate nullbears from the bottom of your heart and they most likely hate you also for you just being you as you are.


It is 100% about nullbears. The people who bear in nullsec are the only ones who cry about a single cloaked ship in their system because it represents an unknown, a potential threat. They don't like that because they're bears. They should have stayed in the bear enclosure that is highsec. I don't hate them, I just don't understand why they made the choice to go to one of the riskiest areas of the game if they don't want risk.



not to mention with every thread created about cloakers, it always shot down by others saying it balanced cause local exist :P


Which is a realy narrow way of thinking about things realy plus there are the same people over and over again shotting the threats down. Would be actualy nice to see some opinions from CCP also and not just the two parties bigering about this matter.

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2013-03-20 13:51:59 UTC
Well that is new....at least I haven't seen it before.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2013-03-20 13:56:21 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:


Which is a realy narrow way of thinking about things realy plus there are the same people over and over again shotting the threats down. Would be actualy nice to see some opinions from CCP also and not just the two parties bigering about this matter.


That is only because you haven't been watching this topic all that long.

As for CCP, I think their silence speaks volumes. They may not like the current mechanics, but they haven't signaled any intent to change them either.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2013-03-20 13:58:04 UTC
Line Khagah wrote:
a good solution to solve the permanent AFK cloaking .
but allows for semi AFK cloaking play correctly.

it makes more AFK cloaking is a bit longer skiller.
and now it costs ISK.

1.
I propose instead that the cloaking module consumes.....

2.


Fuel has already been proposed, "wave motion anti-cloak fields" have already been proposed.

I put the links there for a reason, click them, edjumacate yourself.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

DataRunner Attor
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-03-20 14:04:30 UTC  |  Edited by: DataRunner Attor
Azrael Dinn wrote:
DataRunner Attor wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Azrael Dinn wrote:
It's not totaly about nullbears and you know it even if you hate nullbears from the bottom of your heart and they most likely hate you also for you just being you as you are.


It is 100% about nullbears. The people who bear in nullsec are the only ones who cry about a single cloaked ship in their system because it represents an unknown, a potential threat. They don't like that because they're bears. They should have stayed in the bear enclosure that is highsec. I don't hate them, I just don't understand why they made the choice to go to one of the riskiest areas of the game if they don't want risk.



not to mention with every thread created about cloakers, it always shot down by others saying it balanced cause local exist :P


Which is a really narrow way of thinking about things really plus there are the same people over and over again shooting the threats down. Would be actually nice to see some opinions from CCP also and not just the two parties bickering about this matter.



no, it not really a narrow way of thinking, it actually a signal that people are focusing on the wrong subject, which is cloak, but cloak was enacted due to the problem of local oh my god bob I think we are onto something. See the problem is that people are focus so much on cloak, which as stated is actually a fix for local, that they fail to understand that if they want to fix cloak they need to fix local first. However nullbears won't agree to that due to the fact they want free, easy intel from the intel gods.

on a side note I fixed all your spelling errors in my quote, you're welcome.

“Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.”

Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#34 - 2013-03-20 14:25:08 UTC
But cloaks are ok Shocked

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Sinigr Shadowsong
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2013-03-20 20:26:26 UTC
OP add this one Cloak thread #4578.
Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#36 - 2013-03-21 06:40:41 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
But cloaks are ok Shocked


Justify your point of view good sir. Cool

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm

Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
The Gurlstas Associates
#37 - 2013-03-21 06:51:53 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
But cloaks are ok Shocked


Justify your point of view good sir. Cool

as this is yours

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#38 - 2013-03-21 08:42:02 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
But cloaks are ok Shocked


Justify your point of view good sir. Cool


Maybe the people screaming they're broken and need fixing should justify their points of view. They're the ones making claims of it being broke, after all.

But just for fun, cloaks are balanced because the ships that fit them have built in nerfs, targeting delays, paper thin tanks, pitiful dps, etc. Cloaked vessels are also literally incapable of doing anything to anyone. As for AFK cloaked players, they are not even worth talking about, anyone who is AFK - whether they're docked, cloaked, or in an unscannable or super fast inty burning off into nowhere - are nothing. They can't hurt anyone, they can't help anyone, they can't anything. The minute they do something they're not AFK, so can we stop bloody including "AFK" in these kinds of topics? Anyway, the only thing accomplished by sitting cloaked in a system is to reduce the ridiculously beneficial intel provided by local (for literally zero effort or risk) from 100% perfect to only 99% perfect.

Your turn.
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2013-03-22 17:01:15 UTC
Bump...

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2013-03-25 18:06:16 UTC
Bump....

And some blasts from the past,

POS Decloaking Array (2011)
Idea for a cloak counter (2011)--A ship module that can send out "a system wide pulse that disrupts cloaking fields".
Nerf AFK Cloaking (2011) This one has pretty much all of the suggestions--POS Module, cloak timer, cloak fuel, special scan probes.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online