These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM8 - CSM Participation Reward Program

First post First post
Author
Myco-Runner
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#61 - 2013-03-20 23:04:09 UTC
I support this product and/or service.

Corporation Nomination: Republic Exploration and Defense [REEAD]
Apricot Baby
caldariprimeponyclub
#62 - 2013-03-21 13:51:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Apricot Baby
Skill book sets and isk sent to all the eligable participants before this post.
In the unlikely event that you haven't received anything (and are eligible) send me a gentle email and I will organise shipping at once! :)

Unreleased Ships (Images) - www.imgur.com/a/uablN Unreleased Ships (Videos) - www.youtube.com/user/TanithAmberdemon Eve Celshader Project - www.imgur.com/a/5mn44

Cameron Zero
Sebiestor Tribe
#63 - 2013-03-21 14:20:03 UTC

Nomination: Red (Federation) vs Blue (Republic)

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. …"

Bad-Kitty
House Singularity
Sixth Empire
#64 - 2013-03-21 14:52:05 UTC
I support this program/service
Corporation nomination: Red vs Blue (RvB)
Concern: new player experience, getting the social aspect of the game to new pilots faster.

Becareful what you wish for, some of us come with nails and spiked heels.

Baby Dady
Whitcross Research
#65 - 2013-03-21 15:45:50 UTC

Nomination: Red vs Blue
Joeman Atrophy
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#66 - 2013-03-21 23:51:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Joeman Atrophy
I like what your doing to encourage voting this will be my first election and I've studied the diff candidates. Exciting time to be a eve player. I started playing at a great time

support this product and/or service.
Apricot Baby
caldariprimeponyclub
#67 - 2013-03-22 01:30:12 UTC
Payouts of rewards will be delayed for 12 hours while I attend a wedding.

Unreleased Ships (Images) - www.imgur.com/a/uablN Unreleased Ships (Videos) - www.youtube.com/user/TanithAmberdemon Eve Celshader Project - www.imgur.com/a/5mn44

Demoman's Eyepatch AMERRICA
Doomheim
#68 - 2013-03-22 21:25:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Demoman's Eyepatch AMERRICA
I was planning to vote anyways, but this helps!

Also, WOO SKILLBOOKS

Nomination: RvB
Nadia Charne
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2013-03-22 22:47:01 UTC
This will be my first CSM to vote in and I look forward to doing it. I enjoyed reading the minutes from the CSM7 meeting posted back in Dec and look forward to more such posting of that kind being made available to us. I want to not just for a person to be on CSM8 but also know what they are doing in the form of updates and minutes released from the meetings that are held.
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2013-03-22 23:58:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Mike Azariah
I have been talking up your services in four newbie systems so far, Four more to go.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Tim Gebbs
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#71 - 2013-03-23 00:35:06 UTC

Corporation Nomination: RvB
Apricot Baby
caldariprimeponyclub
#72 - 2013-03-23 06:21:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Apricot Baby
Thanks Mike,

Being a little lenient with the rules due to low turn out. Definitely not enjoying splitting skill book stacks thought :)
Let me know if I missed you when paying out or sending contracts, and you were eligible.

Ferdaid O'Neill
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#73 - 2013-03-23 11:19:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ferdaid O'Neill
Being a newbie I fully support this product/service.

Corporation nominated: Eve University

I found this forum post: via a link on the Newbie Q&A Eve Forums.

Concerns I'd like to see addressed:

- New Player Experience - getting new players more involved in the game. There's a lot of things to learn and the right environment will help create better rookies.

- User Interface: A LOT of information, all needed...and never enough room on the screen. There may be subtle changes that have a dramatic improvement.

- Include everyone: I want CSM members that consider what a change will have on all areas of EVE, not just the part they care mostly about. Be the voice of ALL of us, not just the part that voted for you.
Corsal
Capsuleer Outfitters
Bad Intention
#74 - 2013-03-24 04:12:04 UTC
Apricot Baby I give full support for CSM8. You also have the backing from the majority of Risk Breakers :)
Mynutor
Myn Industries
#75 - 2013-03-24 11:22:05 UTC
I Support this product and/or Service.

Corporation Nomination:
Eve University (There youtube vids and wiki are exceptional)
I was referred here by: Nobody, I stumbled upon this thread

Issue or Concern:
Arrow The meta/tier/tech level systems are very confusing as a new pilot.
Arrow Also the different weapon types (Railguns vs. Blasters, Beam Laser vs. Pulse laser, Artillery vs. Autocannon) the different modules (heat sink vs. gyrostabiliser etc.) and modul size (Industrial are 10m size) are confusing at first. Once explained are quite easy to understand, this would be a great addition to the tutorials.

ArrowAlso about the tutorial mission:
Exploration tutorial is neat but I guess 90% of new players don't want to explore, and if they do they will have a lot of bad experiences (no sights to explore, loot stolen, no real ISK etc.).
The business and industry arcs could bet fused together, they are almost identical anyway.
The advanced military quests are easier than the "normal" military quests.

And many-many-many-many-many aspects of the game are not explained properly.
Like the overview (although this is briefly mentioned), science and research, directional scanners, wormholes, ice and gas mining, incursions, and PI (to name a few).

-

The next patch is announced, with UI, exploration and resource changes already being announced. Which I guess means that the tutorial missions are going to stay the way they are.

Objective sighted. Target locked. Lasers activated. Pew-pew-pew. Die roid..., DIE!

Alienta Dia
Ali-Oop
#76 - 2013-03-24 13:38:09 UTC
I support this product and/or service despite my ancient age and permanent blindness
Shalaan Bedala
Doomheim
#77 - 2013-03-24 18:56:23 UTC
I'm not sure if I qualify for the skillbook pack (I'm just shy of 4 months old), but I support it anyways. Pirate

I Support this product and/or Service.

Corporation Nomination: Taggart Transdimensional Inc.
I was referred here by: Alessandra Necova

Issue or Concern: I joined EVE because of my friend (named above), and she's mentored me a lot. However, for new players its extremely hard to get acquainted with the UI. There's so much information thrown at you immediately that it makes it hard to learn it all, especially if you only play a few hours a week. I'd suggest starting with a blank UI, and having it added to your screen (like how Borderlands works in the first 10 minutes with the HUD), so that more windows will appear as you need them, rather that all at once.
Also, it would be nice to walk out of my ship and see other people. If nothing more than a glorified chat room, it would still be nice.
Dierdra Vaal
Interstellar Stargate Syndicate
#78 - 2013-03-24 21:13:25 UTC
I would like to nominate my website: Eve Vote Match, but I'm not sure if it applies to any of the categories...

Veto #205

Director Emeritus at EVE University

CSM1 delegate, CSM3 chairman and CSM5 vice-chairman

Evesterdam organiser and CSM Vote Match founder

Co-Author of the Galactic Party Planning Guide

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#79 - 2013-03-24 21:18:59 UTC
I own one-man corp and wonder why solo players are not supposed to engage noobs and so can't qualify for rewards.
Syrinx Arktemis
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#80 - 2013-03-25 05:05:09 UTC

Here's hoping I qualify for the skill-book pack.

Corporation Nomination: Eve University, due to the wealth of information on their wiki.

Referred here by: CaldariPrimePonyClub on Reddit

Issue: As a new player, it can be confusing to figure out how the the skill tree interacts with what ships you can fly and what modules you can use. It would be interesting/helpful for, on mouseover of something you can't use, to see what skills you need to train. Or, at least, the option to see that.