These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

An honest question about PVP Situation

Author
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#41 - 2013-03-15 16:51:14 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:
Don't listen to any random person because 95% of everybody in this game is bad at pvp.

Minmatar and caldari are both fine. Pick whichever you like better.

Don't listen to any random person because 95% of all pvp in this game is bad.

Pick Amarr. It'll force you to improve your cap skills which will help when you decide to move into wormholes.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2013-03-15 17:00:50 UTC
My advice, don't train Gallente. Blaster although powerful have an effective range of somewhere inside your target's colon.

Also, don't train Minmatar. While their guns are good having decent range, tracking and damage, their tanks are meh and will pop more easily.

Don't even think about Amarr, their lazors are weak on damage and very cap hungry. I could fart in their general direction and cap them out.

And whatever you do, don't fly Caldari. Missile damage is weak. You'll never get an effective ship with +1000dps like the other races.

Train something else!

Don't ban me, bro!

Ginger Barbarella
#43 - 2013-03-15 18:00:43 UTC
The basic facts are that Minmatar ships are great for pvp, projectile weps are awesome for no cap requirement, and people go Caldari for Easy Mode. People also expect those flying Minmatar (and Caldari for that matter) to not have any real skillz, so get VERY GOOD skills with Minmatar and shock the hell out of them. Amarr weapon systems are highly cap intensive, and Gallente is just basically bleh (I do really like Vigilant; awesome boat).

In the end, read up about what works best for the type of warfare you want to get into, then go with what works. And for the love of all that is holy, DON'T be just another knee-jerk "fit like this!" loser with no imagination.

And learn to enjoy dying in a glorious blaze of firey space pixels!! P

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Omega Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2013-03-16 05:45:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Omega Crendraven
Oh m8, so many things wrong on your concepts, the ones who told you missiles suck on small gang PVP are total noobs. First, missiles don't suck, second missile don't suck. Minmatar offers excellent ships for the kind of PVP you are looking, the nano artillery hurricane can apply around 500dps in all damage types and is very cheap, the tornado is fast and has a machariel-like damage proyection with good tracking for BS guns. In the caldari matter, you have the nano HAM caracal or the HML caracal, both ships are EXCELLENT and OVEPOWERED ships, you can reach around 350dps with HML'S at around 70k and with impressive speeds, fielding loki links with the caracal with HML's is a deadly convo.I know what im talking about, I tested it on sisi against almost every ship, gang or fleet knowing it's strenghts and weakness; killed a buffer Abaddon, a deimos, a brutix, a vigilant, another ham caracal, a pilgrim and a vindicator(took like 10 minutes...) + lots of frigs.

Missiles need to be used with the appropiated class dependig on what you are figthing, for example, if you want to kill frigs, use precission missiles or faction ones, and if possible webs(PODLA Drake maybe??), drugs are always needed if you want to apply full dps on moving targets or ones with small signature.

You have great amarrian plataforms for Guerilla PVP such as the omen, zealot and harbinger (nano-shield or armor with scorch range rigs.) They are slower but they can hit very hard with scorch to some excesive ranges.

Gallente has awesome brawling ships and kiting too(Talos :) ), but they will look useless when you get kited or neuted. Drones are cool for PVE. but with the new changes you need to be careful, I would suggest sentry drones so you can scoop them if they start taking damage and always picking the smaller rats
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#45 - 2013-03-16 05:47:09 UTC
Why did you empty quote it

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#46 - 2013-03-16 08:03:51 UTC
Buhhdust Princess wrote:
Easy answer to this. you've trained missiles, great, minmatar are dual weapon platforms a lot of the time.

Now focus your minmatar skills:
Battlecrusier 5
Minnie Cruiser / Frig 5
t2 Autocannons (Small/Medium)
Advanced weapon upgrades and all turret skills to 5
All Cap/Fitting skills to 5.
Biology skill (yes, DRUGS HELP)

Also, I would reccomend IF you are going to be a pirate. Make yourself an alt that can fly the ships u need to lowsec from Jita. Otherwise you will find yourself rolling round eve for hours on end just picking up 1 mod here and there for ur ship.

Freighter alts, best alts.

Ninjaedit: Good solo ships for Minmatar:
Cyclone
Hurricane
Rupture
Rifter
Breacher
Vagabond
Sleipnir
Bellicose
Stabber Fleet Issue
Maelstrom
Tempest
Tempest Fleet Issue
Loki

Hey OP, you don't need to train a million skills and get a freighter alt just to PVP so don't listen to anything this idiot says ok?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Previous page123