These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Two CSMs of EVE Online

First post First post
Author
Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#141 - 2011-10-16 00:04:02 UTC
I really really really

really

don't get what all this high-sec drama is all about. Didn't even know that high-sec could breed drama... this sounds so out of place to me..

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Ogi Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#142 - 2011-10-16 00:08:34 UTC
Well let me explain. Kelduum the Shadow CSM wants to remove all pvp from high sec and Poetic is against it.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#143 - 2011-10-16 00:12:48 UTC
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Whereas you may still train newbies, the primary function of the University for the majority of your members is certainly not training. Most of your members have next to zero contact with newbies.

So, then just what is it? Carebearing maybe?
You're using your No-WSOP month as proof that your corporation is full of ravenous, war-hungry students? If so, then why the need for a 19 corporation decshield? If you guys aren't carebears and you love PvP so much, why not invite it on a constant basis. Be the next RvB. (Oh right, because whereas a month was a novelty, war all the time would lose you 1000 carebears, and without numbers, and the pretend notion that you're mostly filled with newbies, CCP would pay you ****-all attention.)
Darian Reymont
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#144 - 2011-10-16 00:15:04 UTC
Did you know that I am actually the popular actor, Bruce Boxleitner? You may remember me from my roles as Tron in the Tron movies and Captain John Sheridan the popular sci-fi series, Babylon 5.

What's that? Proof? Err... did you know I am actually the popular actor, Bruce Boxleitner?

Former E-UNI Director, station pilot and snoob. https://twitter.com//DarianReymont

Ogi Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#145 - 2011-10-16 00:16:48 UTC
We know you are Bruce Boxleitner.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#146 - 2011-10-16 00:21:31 UTC
Ogi Talvanen wrote:
Well let me explain. Kelduum the Shadow CSM wants to remove all pvp from high sec and Poetic is against it.

No no, get it straight.

Mittens is actually a puppet of Kelduum's.

The whole thing about Mittens' thing "0.0 good, high sec bad" is part of an extremely complicated ploy of Kelduum's.
He has been working on it for years. Kelduum tried explaining it to me once, but my eyes started bleeding because it was way too devious for me to understand. His plan is reaching end game soon.

Kelduum does not want to remove PvP from high sec, he wants to remove ALL PvP, everywhere.
Think how much happier we would all be if we would all laid down our pitchforks and lasers, held hands, and sang Kum-By-Ya.

I for one will welcome the new Eve, where peace and prosperity is available to all.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#147 - 2011-10-16 00:25:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Poetic Stanziel
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
Retention rate is a pretty basic thing in MMOs - especially when it comes to the 2nd and 3rd monthly subs which tend to be the point where players continue to play, so I would have thought that E-UNI having a number of people who have been playing for more than 3 months would be a good thing, especially when you consider we haven't been recruiting much in the last month, people tend to stop playing so end with older characters before they join us, and CCP have been running the "come back to EVE" stuff fairly heavily.
And that's great if you help a new player stay with EVE Online past the three month mark. I'm sure a lot of corporations help with that. EVE-Uni might do it slightly better than most.

But ...

EVE University has 1500 members. And like I've stated, a small percentage of those (15%) could be described as newbies, as players requiring training.

EVE University certainly doesn't need 1000 veterans to train 200 or so newbies, does it? Most of the those 1000 veterans have little at all to do with the newbies. To most E-Uni is an Incursion corporation, or a research and invention corporation ... it's anything but a training corp. One thousand of your members no longer require training in any aspect of this game.

To ensure that you remain a training corp, and are seen as a training corporation, and not this carebear commune you are slowly morphing into, perhaps you should consider some changes:

• Keep a permanent teaching staff of a couple or few hundred.
  • Train new players for six months.
  • At the end of six months you release them back into the wild.
Kelduum Revaan
The Ebon Hawk
#148 - 2011-10-16 00:27:07 UTC
Darian Reymont wrote:
Did you know that I am actually the popular actor, Bruce Boxleitner?

Confirming that Darian is actually Bruce.

How could I not give Bruce a job as an E-UNI director after he was on the National Board of Directors of the Screen Actors Guild?

Also, I'm Jeff Bridges, also from Tron (where I was Clu and Flynn!) as well as Iron Man (you may note the similarity) and The Big Lebowski.
Kelduum Revaan
The Ebon Hawk
#149 - 2011-10-16 00:32:06 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Random attempt to change the subject, complete with numerous failures at basic math.

Repeating myself again, but: "Proof or STFU".
Ogi Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#150 - 2011-10-16 00:35:16 UTC
Kelduum Revaan wrote:

Also, I'm Jeff Bridges, also from Tron (where I was Clu and Flynn!) as well as Iron Man (you may note the similarity) and The Big Lebowski.

Nice to meet you Jeff.
Handsome Hussein
#151 - 2011-10-16 00:36:44 UTC
I get it! Idiotic Stanziel is butthurt because he was kicked from his incursion/research and invention/carebear haven corporation!

Surely that must be the reason. Why else would he generate so much drama and wasted words over how someone else runs their corp? And who truly gives a **** whether Eve-Uni actually teaches PvP/blobbing/PvE/what-have-you? If you think the Uni doesn't do **** for training, don't let their alum join your corp until they've proven otherwise.

Leaves only the fresh scent of pine.

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#152 - 2011-10-16 00:36:51 UTC
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
Darian Reymont wrote:
Is this the genius PR campaign that you and Darian came up with? This is your attempt at controlling the message? LOL. When you can't actually beat the facts, just throw out a bunch of random sh!t. Kudos Kelduum. (Unistas call you a genius quite often, don't they? You've kinda let that go to your head, right?)
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#153 - 2011-10-16 00:38:27 UTC
Handsome Hussein wrote:
And who truly gives a **** whether Eve-Uni actually teaches PvP/blobbing/PvE/what-have-you?
Because CCP believes they are, and bends over deeply to accommodate their desires (re: ability to avoid wardecs.)
Handsome Hussein
#154 - 2011-10-16 00:41:22 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Handsome ******* wrote:
And who truly gives a **** whether Eve-Uni actually teaches PvP/blobbing/PvE/what-have-you?
Because CCP believes they are, and bends over deeply to accommodate their desires (re: ability to avoid wardecs.)

The only person who really seems to care is you. If it means that much to you that you can't dec the Uni, ******* petition them for the exploit. From what I can tell, CCP just doesn't want to police that sort of ****, and I can't really blame them because I imagine it'd be fairly hard to track down corp ownership and accounts and figure out if someone actually is using that exploit. Personally, I'd rather they spend that time dealing with RMTers and botting than worrying about how some high-sec alliance can't be deced.

Leaves only the fresh scent of pine.

Darian Reymont
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#155 - 2011-10-16 00:43:07 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
Darian Reymont wrote:
Is this the genius PR campaign that you and Darian came up with? This is your attempt at controlling the message? LOL. When you can't actually beat the facts, just throw out a bunch of random sh!t. Kudos Kelduum. (Unistas call you a genius quite often, don't they? You've kinda let that go to your head, right?)

Sorry, I thought we were living in a world where you can claim anything you like without providing any evidence.

Former E-UNI Director, station pilot and snoob. https://twitter.com//DarianReymont

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#156 - 2011-10-16 00:47:01 UTC
Darian Reymont wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
Darian Reymont wrote:

Sorry, I thought we were living in a world where you can claim anything you like without providing any evidence.

members.eveuniversity.org

I already posted the ratios.

Do I have to run a live UStream of me running the app a second time?
Kelduum Revaan
The Ebon Hawk
#157 - 2011-10-16 00:52:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelduum Revaan
Darian Reymont wrote:
Hang on, we aren't? Damn. Can I still be Jeff Bridges though?

Poetic Stanziel wrote:
I already posted the ratios.

Do I have to run a live UStream of me running the app a second time?
No, just providing the results of the app along with how you reached your conclusion so someone can verify it would be fine, rather than just linking to the page.
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#158 - 2011-10-16 00:59:30 UTC
I love this thread... But I'm starting to become afraid that it's just a big ploy to advertise E-Uni and that you guys are actually good friends. If it isn't the case then it's great how our new CSM still talks to the little guy.
Either way it's pretty funny.

I give it a 462.388888 / 500.
Ogi Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#159 - 2011-10-16 01:02:42 UTC
Confirming Kelduum and Poetic are big friends.
Vricrolatious
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#160 - 2011-10-16 01:06:48 UTC
Thread... wtf?

This is now a WIDot thread

All posts from here on in should be as random as possible and filled with ponies!

WIDot, Best Dot, Even Sans Dot! -Vric