These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The Two CSMs of EVE Online

First post First post
Author
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#121 - 2011-10-15 22:43:52 UTC
Ogi Talvanen wrote:
Confirming Kelduum Revaan leads secret CSM composed only of secret Uni Directors.

Just Kelduum. He's a one-man Shadow CSM. He's the only one in the Uni that discusses game mechanics with CCP.
Ogi Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#122 - 2011-10-15 22:49:25 UTC
You dont think Darian Reymont and Irdalth Delrar arent also in it?
Azmodeus Valar
EVE University
Ivy League
#123 - 2011-10-15 22:56:40 UTC
Ogi Talvanen wrote:
You dont think Darian Reymont and Irdalth Delrar arent also in it?


Darian isn't, Irdalth isn't. Only those directors who have been inducted into the Secret Society of the Shadows are given access to the CCP skype conferences and messenger. It is a long an arduous process to become one of the Shadow Directors, but well worth it. We get briefings on game mechanics, special input into setting coding priorities, and naked pictures of the devs. We also get cookies.

/sarcasm

CEO of Eve University

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#124 - 2011-10-15 23:01:02 UTC
Azmodeus Valar wrote:
We get briefings on game mechanics, special input into setting coding priorities, and naked pictures of the devs. We also get cookies.
Joking aside, the recent wardec policy change was made to appease Kelduum's constant bitching about his own WSOP griefing his corporation every time they were wardecced. And CCP is also under the illusion that EVE University is still a newbie training corporation, rather than a large PvP shelter for long-time carebears.
Ogi Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#125 - 2011-10-15 23:01:24 UTC
I knew it! You are in it too!!
Azmodeus Valar
EVE University
Ivy League
#126 - 2011-10-15 23:03:52 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Azmodeus Valar wrote:
We get briefings on game mechanics, special input into setting coding priorities, and naked pictures of the devs. We also get cookies.
Joking aside, the recent wardec policy change was made to appease Kelduum's constant bitching about his own WSOP griefing his corporation every time they were wardecced. And CCP is also under the illusion that EVE University is still a newbie training corporation, rather than a large PvP shelter for long-time carebears.


Your ability to say "joking aside", and then make bizarre accusations pieced together from the voices in your own head continues to amaze me.

CEO of Eve University

Kelduum Revaan
The Ebon Hawk
#127 - 2011-10-15 23:07:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelduum Revaan
Of course, we know who started it all with the CSM...

So, its all your fault Poetic... go on, admit it. You started it all - you decided I should be on CSM 7 back in August.


(Meanwhile, back in the real world and on a slightly more realistic note, the E-UNI forums now list how long someone has been in the corp in their profile, and will have all the 20,000 accounts updated in about three days, so everyone can see just how much of Poetics data is being pulled out of his ass.)
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#128 - 2011-10-15 23:08:32 UTC
Azmodeus Valar wrote:
Ogi Talvanen wrote:
You dont think Darian Reymont and Irdalth Delrar arent also in it?


Darian isn't, Irdalth isn't. Only those directors who have been inducted into the Secret Society of the Shadows are given access to the CCP skype conferences and messenger. It is a long an arduous process to become one of the Shadow Directors, but well worth it. We get briefings on game mechanics, special input into setting coding priorities, and naked pictures of the devs. We also get cookies.

/sarcasm


Az, I thought that the Shadow Dir's had to go through the crucible of D6 before entering the Society.
Azmodeus Valar
EVE University
Ivy League
#129 - 2011-10-15 23:13:09 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Azmodeus Valar wrote:
Ogi Talvanen wrote:
You dont think Darian Reymont and Irdalth Delrar arent also in it?


Darian isn't, Irdalth isn't. Only those directors who have been inducted into the Secret Society of the Shadows are given access to the CCP skype conferences and messenger. It is a long an arduous process to become one of the Shadow Directors, but well worth it. We get briefings on game mechanics, special input into setting coding priorities, and naked pictures of the devs. We also get cookies.

/sarcasm


Az, I thought that the Shadow Dir's had to go through the crucible of D6 before entering the Society.


For revealing our secrets, we are placing you under double secret probation.

CEO of Eve University

Ogi Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#130 - 2011-10-15 23:13:56 UTC
They replaced that with naked dancing under the moonlight. After that you are shadow CSM shadow director.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2011-10-15 23:14:00 UTC
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
(Meanwhile, back in the real world and on a slightly more realistic note, the E-UNI forums now list how long someone has been in the corp in their profile, and will have all the 20,000 accounts updated in about three days, so everyone can see just how much of Poetics data is being pulled out of his ass.)
E-Uni has 20,000 members now? Who the hell cares about any of the forum posters other than E-Uni members. And how long someone has been in the corp is meaningless (since most of the longtime carebears jump corp every single wardec) ... it's how long someone has been in the game.

My data is accurate and drawn from your published members list. A minority of E-Uni members have been playing the game for three months or less.
Kelduum Revaan
The Ebon Hawk
#132 - 2011-10-15 23:16:41 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
My data is accurate and drawn from your published members list. A minority of E-Uni members have been playing the game for three months or less.


Then please, post it here so everyone can see.




... actually no, don't, as if it has come out of your ass, I'd rather not see it.
Ogi Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#133 - 2011-10-15 23:18:03 UTC
Kinky.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#134 - 2011-10-15 23:20:19 UTC
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
My data is accurate and drawn from your published members list. A minority of E-Uni members have been playing the game for three months or less.
Actually no, don't, as if it has come out of your ass, I'd rather not see it.
Coming from someone who was just attempting to pass off "how long someone has been in E-Uni" as a meaningful metric, that's priceless. Especially when E-Uni encourages carebears to drop corp every wardec (thus resetting the "time in E-Uni" counter.)
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#135 - 2011-10-15 23:38:51 UTC
Poetic, regarding all the notoriety you are bringing to your 12 char Jita based mfg corp, how thrilled are they?
Ogi Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#136 - 2011-10-15 23:39:46 UTC
They dont know.
Kelduum Revaan
The Ebon Hawk
#137 - 2011-10-15 23:43:31 UTC
Poetic, please quote the whole post, and do feel free to post your data, despite it likely being somewhat... unhygienic. That said, I'm not certain why the majority of E-UNI members apparently being in the corp for over 3 months would be a bad thing - surely that means there is significant player retention?


Anyway, the "time in E-Uni" counter is the total number of weeks the character spent in E-UNI, coming from the Character Info API and rounded down.

Go check my profile there and do the math yourself if you need to - I'm listed as being in E-UNI for 264 weeks, even though I first joined on 2006.07.27, 272 weeks ago.
Ogi Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#138 - 2011-10-15 23:48:48 UTC
Thats lot of weeks.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2011-10-15 23:51:23 UTC
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
Poetic, please quote the whole post, and do feel free to post your data, despite it likely being somewhat... unhygienic. That said, I'm not certain why the majority of E-UNI members apparently being in the corp for over 3 months would be a bad thing - surely that means there is significant player retention?

I see you added a Registered row. That's good. That's the more interesting and useful metric.

That's fantastic that E-Uni has lots and lots of player retention and that players feel snug and warm within the confines of EVE Uni. What it means though is that EVE Uni is no longer a simple training corporation, and more of a shelter for carebears from PvP. You certainly don't need 1000 carebears to train 50 newbs, correct?

Whereas you may still train newbies, the primary function of the University for the majority of your members is certainly not training. Most of your members have next to zero contact with newbies.
Kelduum Revaan
The Ebon Hawk
#140 - 2011-10-16 00:03:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelduum Revaan
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Whereas you may still train newbies, the primary function of the University for the majority of your members is certainly not training. Most of your members have next to zero contact with newbies.


So, then just what is it?

I hate to repeat myself, but as in your other thread, "proof or STFU".