These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Two CSMs of EVE Online

First post First post
Author
Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#241 - 2011-10-19 20:05:46 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Skunk Gracklaw wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
I'm tired of posting the damned links to this question over and over ... someone else can do it ... but Kelduum has admitted several times in forum posts that he discusses changes with CCP devs and has sent them suggestions on fixes that would be helpful to the University.
You realize there is nothing wrong with that, right?
As the name of this thread suggests, and as ShipToaster eloquently expanded upon ... its a second, one-man CSM (Kelduum), who has no accountability to anyone but himself, and no vision for the game beyond that of his carebear corporation.

Anybody in the game can talk to CCP about upcoming changes and offer insight and suggestions. It doesn't mean that every person who does so is a separate CSM. You insinuating that it does makes you look like a loon.
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#242 - 2011-10-19 20:24:22 UTC
One of the best things this all is doing, mittani and the Goons' hijinks included, is showing CCP what a mindbogglingly ******** idea it was to put together a group of people like the CSM with no way to recall them if they go awry
no checks and balances sounds great doesnt it?

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#243 - 2011-10-19 20:42:52 UTC
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
One of the best things this all is doing, mittani and the Goons' hijinks included, is showing CCP what a mindbogglingly ******** idea it was to put together a group of people like the CSM with no way to recall them if they go awry

If the CSM had gone awry you'd have a point but since they are effective and getting stuff done you just look like a loon.
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#244 - 2011-10-19 21:00:59 UTC
Skunk Gracklaw wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:

If the CSM had gone awry you'd have a point but since they are effective and getting stuff done you just look like a loon.

really? please list the things this CSM have done, that can be attributed to them and not where (like in the thread about the winter expansion) they jumped in and started claiming the ideas were theirs

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#245 - 2011-10-19 21:32:08 UTC
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
Skunk Gracklaw wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:

really? please list the things this CSM have done, that can be attributed to them and not where (like in the thread about the winter expansion) they jumped in and started claiming the ideas were theirs

So you already know everything they have done but you hate Goons so much you refuse to accept the reality. Got it.
Sealy
The Huskarl's
#246 - 2011-10-30 21:09:34 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Skunk Gracklaw wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
I'm tired of posting the damned links to this question over and over ... someone else can do it ... but Kelduum has admitted several times in forum posts that he discusses changes with CCP devs and has sent them suggestions on fixes that would be helpful to the University.
You realize there is nothing wrong with that, right?
As the name of this thread suggests, and as ShipToaster eloquently expanded upon ... its a second, one-man CSM (Kelduum), who has no accountability to anyone but himself, and no vision for the game beyond that of his carebear corporation.

Ok there is a Third CSM, I was at FanFest and i spoke to the Devs and explained to them that it was it was great how i could make ships unscannable by making the Sensor strenght 2/3 of the ships signature and i suggested they should change this. Hey what did they do... they changed it.

Just after Wh cam out i was speaking to another dev at Fanfest and told them how if you ecm a ship it runs awayand stays outside of range until you switch it off reducing the amount of DPS.. I suggested they change this...

So i must admit i am the third CSM....

What else do you want changing??

Maybe i should change OOC Remote rep with station games. Ohhh lets suggest that you cannot dock and undock more that twice in 30min at the same station....

Get real.... there is only one CSM do you think they are at the beckon call of Kelduum or anyone else? they might speak to Kelduum and ask his advice about how training is going and how they could make it better as they want a high retention rate in the game to make money.

If you think you can do any better join the CSM yourself and change eve.