These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

phpBB 3.x API Registration Mod v6+

Author
Henry Jennings
Perkone
Caldari State
#821 - 2013-06-30 00:05:05 UTC
I'm working on setting up ejabberd.

I can log into the server but don't have admin roles (can't get into the admin page and get all the options)


On the jabber settings page when I click submit I get this error:

Information

Could not connect to Jabber server.

Error: open_socket() - Connection refused

Error: connect() #2

« Back to previous page

Any help would be great. I'll be logged into eve if you can convo me.
Spathe Ne Boirelle
Dead Space Continuum
#822 - 2013-06-30 23:51:37 UTC
Got a question for you Cyerus(or anyone else) which I'm pretty is easy or you might have the answer to it...but I don't.

I've setup phpbb 3.0.11, automod, umil and your eve api. To my knowledge everything is suppose to work correctly. I go in the ACP then I go to search for my username and put in the eve api, key ID and verifiy code and when I click on submit it updates withtout any errors.

But if I dare use anything else other than prosilver or subsilver2 I can't see the key ID and verification code in the user control panel. It does appear when I'm using the default one.

I guess I have to put in the codes for the input fields and all in my theme but I don't know where exactly if thats the problem. my theme by the way is TwilightBB (https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/twilightbb/demo/)
ILLADEN
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#823 - 2013-07-01 07:08:01 UTC
Spathe Ne Boirelle wrote:
Got a question for you Cyerus(or anyone else) which I'm pretty is easy or you might have the answer to it...but I don't.

I've setup phpbb 3.0.11, automod, umil and your eve api. To my knowledge everything is suppose to work correctly. I go in the ACP then I go to search for my username and put in the eve api, key ID and verifiy code and when I click on submit it updates withtout any errors.

But if I dare use anything else other than prosilver or subsilver2 I can't see the key ID and verification code in the user control panel. It does appear when I'm using the default one.

I guess I have to put in the codes for the input fields and all in my theme but I don't know where exactly if thats the problem. my theme by the way is TwilightBB (https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/twilightbb/demo/)


You have to edit the theme to include the extra fields.
Long Muppet
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#824 - 2013-07-02 02:11:30 UTC
I'm having an issue getting the Teamspeak options to save under Manage Groups. When I select a group it has both Immunity and Jabber access unchecked and Teamspeak group set to 0. Attempting to modify these settings and click submit I receive "Group preferences updated successfully", but when I go back into the group none of the settings have changed. Apache error log does register any errors. Any clues?
ILLADEN
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#825 - 2013-07-02 06:52:27 UTC  |  Edited by: ILLADEN
Long Muppet wrote:
I'm having an issue getting the Teamspeak options to save under Manage Groups. When I select a group it has both Immunity and Jabber access unchecked and Teamspeak group set to 0. Attempting to modify these settings and click submit I receive "Group preferences updated successfully", but when I go back into the group none of the settings have changed. Apache error log does register any errors. Any clues?


I can confirm this bug.


Also, my user registration and update functionality is still broken due to a 400 error (shown in phpbb itself, redbox). There are no references to the trigger or the error itself in any and all of the (server)logs.

Update: I can confirm that this is a problem with eveapi. I have just done a fresh install, merely using the same db and installing eveapi. The issue still persists.
Reileen Kawahara
Bio-Tech Research
#826 - 2013-07-02 07:43:15 UTC
Cyerus wrote:
Reileen Kawahara wrote:
Awesome mod but may I ask why all the edited files are not included or am I missing something?
DNLeviathan wrote:
is anyone able to provide the edited files for easier installation?

How is AutoMOD not easy? Be sure to watch the videos linked in the second post of this topic to understand the process and to know how easy it is to install this mod.




I didn't ask about Automod, I just asked if there was a reason why the edited files are not included.

Many players do not feel comfortable with editing files, even whilst using a mod to do it.

I just felt that if the core file edit files were included, it would make it easier to install but most importantly, the user will know that if they do have a problem it is not with the edited files as these have been tried and tested.

Sorry but I cannot tell you the errors as I have gone with using SMF now and it is up and running so dont want to switch again.

Seems a great Mod though and keep up the good work.
Mechao Centrifuge
Baited Sting
#827 - 2013-07-02 08:53:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Mechao Centrifuge
I found my issue. It was a corrupt mysql db. I was able to do a selective backup and restore and have them partially working, but in the end went for a full restore because our forums were new. I couldn't find the exact problem but i feel it was something in either the user table or groups table although I removed all the eveapi stuff in them to no avail.
Finally no more "Bad Request" after running the cron. Big smile Not really a fix but it works.

I really don't think it is this mods fault but not entirely sure.
ILLADEN
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#828 - 2013-07-02 14:08:39 UTC  |  Edited by: ILLADEN
Mechao Centrifuge wrote:
I found my issue. It was a corrupt mysql db. I was able to do a selective backup and restore and have them partially working, but in the end went for a full restore because our forums were new. I couldn't find the exact problem but i feel it was something in either the user table or groups table although I removed all the eveapi stuff in them to no avail.
Finally no more "Bad Request" after running the cron. Big smile Not really a fix but it works.

I really don't think it is this mods fault but not entirely sure.


After reading your post I decided to do a clean install of phpBB locally along with eveAPI. I took the
Quote:

phpbb_groups
phpbb_forums
phpbb_post
phpbb_topics
phpbb_topics_posted
phpbb_topics_track
phpbb_topics_watch
phpbb_users
phpbb_user_group


tables from my production database and started debugging.

Sadly with this clean installation and near clean database I am still getting the same issue. If it is indeed the databases 'fault' then I presume one of these highly important tables has a fault within. But what could it be?



UPDATE:

GOT IT! It's a eve api issue.

What happened to https://api.eveonline.com/char/FacWarStats.xml.aspx? ?
If supplied with charid, vcode and keyid this returns a bad request.

This always used to work, until it didn't. Then I spent my whole weeking, pulling my hairs out, finally nailing my bad requests issues down to this idiotic thing. What's up with character FacWarStats?
ILLADEN
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#829 - 2013-07-05 12:15:32 UTC
I think your mod generally hates me Cyreus :p
It's been giving me alot of headaches since the start. It's all gonna be worth it in the end though.

Just when I thought I had "fixed" one thing the next issue pops up. I guess it has been there for awhile but I didn't get to it before due to my Bad Request issues.

When EVEapi tries to set groups for a client that has never connected before, the query returns 'database empty result set'.
I can't figure out where or how to add clients to the db trough the query, as no such command exists in the query manual or your mod. It does however try to get the client database ID by using the cluid, unfortunatly when a user has never connected before there is no data and the script errors out.

Here is my full error:

Quote:
exception 'TeamSpeak3_Adapter_ServerQuery_Exception' with message 'database empty result set' in /home/biohazard/public_html/forum/includes/eveapi/TeamSpeak3/Adapter/ServerQuery/Reply.php:314 Stack trace: #0 /home/biohazard/public_html/forum/includes/eveapi/TeamSpeak3/Adapter/ServerQuery/Reply.php(91): TeamSpeak3_Adapter_ServerQuery_Reply->fetchError(Object(TeamSpeak3_Helper_String)) #1 /home/biohazard/public_html/forum/includes/eveapi/TeamSpeak3/Adapter/ServerQuery.php(143): TeamSpeak3_Adapter_ServerQuery_Reply->__construct(Array, 'clientdbfind pa...', Object(TeamSpeak3_Node_Host), true) #2 /home/biohazard/public_html/forum/includes/eveapi/TeamSpeak3/Node/Abstract.php(73): TeamSpeak3_Adapter_ServerQuery->request('clientdbfind pa...', true) #3 /home/biohazard/public_html/forum/includes/eveapi/TeamSpeak3/Node/Server.php(90): TeamSpeak3_Node_Abstract->request('clientdbfind pa...', true) #4 /home/biohazard/public_html/forum/includes/eveapi/TeamSpeak3/Node/Abstract.php(97): TeamSpeak3_Node_Server->request('clientdbfind pa...') #5 /home/biohazard/public_html/forum/includes/eveapi/TeamSpeak3/Node/Server.php(714): TeamSpeak3_Node_Abstract->execute('clientdbfind', Array) #6 /home/biohazard/public_html/forum/includes/eveapi/functions_eveapi.php(87): TeamSpeak3_Node_Server->clientFindDb('x4lRlCIKBUT6MJL...', true) #7 /home/biohazard/public_html/forum/includes/acp/acp_users.php(969): eveapi_setTeamSpeakGroups('x4lRlCIKBUT6MJL...', Array, 'Civialg') #8 /home/biohazard/public_html/forum/includes/functions_module.php(507): acp_users->main('users', 'overview') #9 /home/biohazard/public_html/forum/adm/index.php(74): p_master->load_active() #10 {main}


P.S. The teamspeak 3 adapter file structure is really weird. And also, I love your comments.
eidenjunior
Perkone
Caldari State
#830 - 2013-07-06 19:43:47 UTC
Backbone666 wrote:
When I run the cron I have one error

"06-29-2013 17:28:43 Player Name EVE API HTTP error: 403 -> Forbidden"

but then it does nothing :S

I see the same problem on my server. eve api server problem, maybe.
ILLADEN
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#831 - 2013-07-06 20:14:56 UTC
eidenjunior wrote:
Backbone666 wrote:
When I run the cron I have one error

"06-29-2013 17:28:43 Player Name EVE API HTTP error: 403 -> Forbidden"

but then it does nothing :S

I see the same problem on my server. eve api server problem, maybe.


How are your folder permissions set?
Sleazy Whoore
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#832 - 2013-07-06 23:37:59 UTC
Firstly, this is a wonderful mod.

Just a quick question here concerning the jabber configuration via ejabberd.
I've gotta the authentication to work. No problems here. However Erlang is well......Erlang.

This is somewhat OT, but what I'm looking for is an example configuration file for ejabberd that allows for sorting members into group.
Furthermore, I'm looking for the ability to send messages to each individual within said groups.

For instance. Say for instance I wanted a group called 'Supers', where I'd want all my super carrier pilots to be placed. Then when I need them to login I could message them via jabber to get their attention.
Same for say...a group called 'Titans'.

Or

A group call `My Corparation`. Which I could later ping all members in group `my corporation`.

XMPP/Erlangish is breaking my brain. Was wondering if I couldn't find someone more familiar with ejabberd/xmmp/erlang that has gone through these troubles already.

Again, sorry for this being OT and appreciate the help.
ILLADEN
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#833 - 2013-07-07 01:34:04 UTC
Sleazy Whoore wrote:
Firstly, this is a wonderful mod.

Just a quick question here concerning the jabber configuration via ejabberd.
I've gotta the authentication to work. No problems here. However Erlang is well......Erlang.

[stuff]

XMPP/Erlangish is breaking my brain. Was wondering if I couldn't find someone more familiar with ejabberd/xmmp/erlang that has gone through these troubles already.

Again, sorry for this being OT and appreciate the help.


I would look at a jabber phpBB intregration mod, a messaging system is entirley different saucethen what this mod is currently offering. However, you could create a small box only showable to your group that sends the messages to jabber using PHP. It shouldn't be too difficult, depending on jabber's remote protocols.
Backbone666
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#834 - 2013-07-07 08:17:24 UTC
ILLADEN wrote:
eidenjunior wrote:
Backbone666 wrote:
When I run the cron I have one error

"06-29-2013 17:28:43 Player Name EVE API HTTP error: 403 -> Forbidden"

but then it does nothing :S

I see the same problem on my server. eve api server problem, maybe.


How are your folder permissions set?

that error is only on one user and unsure on folder permissions, will check when home

I am the mighty Spoonbone! Condenser of spoons!

AzAkiR NaLDa
Presumed Dead Enterprises
Brave Collective
#835 - 2013-07-07 10:26:23 UTC
had the same thing on my server a while back with the forbidden api thing.

Turned out to be a DNS error where the server was unable to reach out to touch other to get th einformation

Lone Star Warrior

Henry Jennings
Perkone
Caldari State
#836 - 2013-07-08 03:43:41 UTC
Henry Jennings wrote:
I'm working on setting up ejabberd.

I can log into the server but don't have admin roles (can't get into the admin page and get all the options)


On the jabber settings page when I click submit I get this error:

Information

Could not connect to Jabber server.

Error: open_socket() - Connection refused

Error: connect() #2

« Back to previous page

Any help would be great. I'll be logged into eve if you can convo me.



:( still having the issue
grotnisse
Resilience.
Initiative Mercenaries
#837 - 2013-07-08 18:59:05 UTC
I got a funny error in me board. "Couldn't resolve host 'api.eveonline.com'", when trying to add api keys. I'll do a tail on me httpd log and see if there is anything going on there...

Btw Great Mod!
lasterax
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#838 - 2013-07-09 04:05:29 UTC  |  Edited by: lasterax
ILLADEN wrote:
Long Muppet wrote:
I'm having an issue getting the Teamspeak options to save under Manage Groups. When I select a group it has both Immunity and Jabber access unchecked and Teamspeak group set to 0. Attempting to modify these settings and click submit I receive "Group preferences updated successfully", but when I go back into the group none of the settings have changed. Apache error log does register any errors. Any clues?


I can confirm this bug.


Also, my user registration and update functionality is still broken due to a 400 error (shown in phpbb itself, redbox). There are no references to the trigger or the error itself in any and all of the (server)logs.

Update: I can confirm that this is a problem with eveapi. I have just done a fresh install, merely using the same db and installing eveapi. The issue still persists.


I'm also having issues with the Teamspeak module. When the user updates their profile it doesn't save the UID, even if they put the password in. I checked my error log for my server and for phpBB and am not seeing a single thing so not sure what the issue is from.

--Rax
ILLADEN
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#839 - 2013-07-09 17:30:14 UTC
lasterax wrote:
ILLADEN wrote:
Long Muppet wrote:
I'm having an issue getting the Teamspeak options to save under Manage Groups. When I select a group it has both Immunity and Jabber access unchecked and Teamspeak group set to 0. Attempting to modify these settings and click submit I receive "Group preferences updated successfully", but when I go back into the group none of the settings have changed. Apache error log does register any errors. Any clues?


I can confirm this bug.


Also, my user registration and update functionality is still broken due to a 400 error (shown in phpbb itself, redbox). There are no references to the trigger or the error itself in any and all of the (server)logs.

Update: I can confirm that this is a problem with eveapi. I have just done a fresh install, merely using the same db and installing eveapi. The issue still persists.


I'm also having issues with the Teamspeak module. When the user updates their profile it doesn't save the UID, even if they put the password in. I checked my error log for my server and for phpBB and am not seeing a single thing so not sure what the issue is from.

--Rax


This happens when error debugging is off. If you enable it you will see that it actually errors out. I have posted the error above.
Flextra Aurilen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#840 - 2013-07-09 18:03:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Flextra Aurilen
Just a really small bug.

In your Teamspeak screenshot, you're using a webserver name with spaces. Your regex in the code won't match these and will use "Cyerus".

You could either add this info to the text field, or use another name instead of your own which was kind of confusing on my server.

// Edit: there's also another thing. If someone just deletes the API key, the cron gets an error 403: Forbidden, but the user won't be removed from the forum and keeps the whole access. So, this seems to be a security issue for me.