These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

phpBB 3.x API Registration Mod v6+

Author
Unhold
Arkon Industries
P O L A R I S
#681 - 2013-02-13 14:15:48 UTC
Unhold wrote:
Watching the video will not solve my problem.
Automod is not able to implement the changes into my style.
And I don't think a clean installation would solve any of my problems.
So I'm on my own now.

For anyone who is using the Artodia themes.
The themes seemes to have an auto image re size function in the style.js
I red in there support forum about it and that it is save to disable it. So I did. I commented it out and now its working.
The Artodia themes are a bit different than the usual prosilver theme.
Sharker2k3
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#682 - 2013-02-14 02:20:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Sharker2k3
Hi, didn't see a response about this.

In the Teamspeak 3 section is there a way to use a domain for the server's IP address? My TS server uses a dyndns.org host since it doesn't have a static IP. Currently it wouldn't work when I used the domain but when I used the IP it worked.

Is there a way to resolve it with domains or could it be added?

Thanks

Edit: A feature idea would be to support director/role status. If in corp, add user to this group on forums and TS. If director, add to another user group and another TS group.
Wafou Ka'Djo
Yellow Box Ltd.
#683 - 2013-02-14 14:59:05 UTC
Is it possible to add a roles check so, for example, a Director get assigned to a particular group?
Teebling
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#684 - 2013-02-17 05:27:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Teebling
After installing EVE API with AutoMod, and running the install script in my /install directory, I'm getting this error message:

Quote:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 18874368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /hermes/waloraweb017/b1385/moo.tombc1234/hwe/includes/db/dbal.php on line 526


Any chance that this is an EVE API bug rather than a server-side error?

Thanks!


EDIT: Solved.

Thought my hosting people weren't allocating me enough memory to run the script. On another forumer's suggestion, I edited my config.php file adding this to the end of the document:

Quote:
@ini_set('memory_limit', '48M');


That made phpBB play nice with the install script and everything is fine and dandy :)
Teebling
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#685 - 2013-02-17 16:22:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Teebling
It's not saving my configuration :(

Every time I save the 'general settings' for EVE API from the ACP, it just resets everything back again when I visit a new page.


EDIT: Only seems to do this when I don't add the minimum '5' to special immune groups.
Teebling
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#686 - 2013-02-17 21:11:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Teebling
Ok, got everything working perfectly up until the TeamSpeak functionality:


  • The mod is installed correctly
  • The TS3 Registration module is activated
  • The query username, password, server IP and ports are all correct
  • I have added my server IP to the TeamSpeak server's whitelist


But when I paste my unique ID into the field on the forums, it tells me my profile has been updated, but it does not assign a server group, and when I return to the control panel the unique ID isn't in the field I pasted it into.

When I run the CRONJOB I get this result:

http://www.hostilework.me/i/error.png

I've double checked everything.. could you help me out?

I'm going to make you new icons for the [eveitem] bbcode as a show of thanks for the mod by the way :)

EDIT: Stupid shared host block the ports AND don' support cronjob. Wowzers.
Wafou Ka'Djo
Yellow Box Ltd.
#687 - 2013-02-18 12:30:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Wafou Ka'Djo
I've got a hosting with cPanel, what's the better way to set a cron job for eveapi_cron.php ?

php -q -f /path-to-the-forum/eveapi_cron.php

Edit: I read old threads and I see I've to call it through a wget command but whenever the cron job runs it creates eveapi_cron.php.N file where N is an incremental number.
Kashada Kumato
Perkone
Caldari State
#688 - 2013-02-20 20:12:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Kashada Kumato
I have read through a lot of the posts here but not all so i am sorry if you have covered this.

Your mod is working 100% and it is fantastic apart from the evefitting tag.

When i try to use it i see the fitting "area" and underneath i see a line of the images for the fittings.
http://mc.forsakenremnant.com/issue.png

I used the method shown in the video to apply the settings to the custom theme i am using and that made everything work except this (as far as i can tell)
this it the theme
http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/0mega?sid=a074749389d447fad6f0e8a6393055bc

a forum user brought information to my attention showing what was likely not edited and i checked it out, after manually editing the missing parts i have add your link to the footer and little else.

Sorry to take up your valuable time but if you can help me i would greatly appreciate it.

PS i liked your mod so much i "liked" every post by you on the 1st 15 pages
Troy Aihaken
Perkone
Caldari State
#689 - 2013-02-20 20:24:59 UTC
You need to copy eveapi_fitting.js to your themes template folder, and eveapi_fitting.css to your themes theme folder e.g. prosilver/theme/

NodeJS Developer | Frontend Development | Programming Enthusiast

Kashada Kumato
Perkone
Caldari State
#690 - 2013-02-20 20:27:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Kashada Kumato
Troy Aihaken wrote:
You need to copy eveapi_fitting.js to your themes template folder, and eveapi_fitting.css to your themes theme folder e.g. prosilver/theme/

I did the eveapi_fitting.js but not the CSS.. will try that BRB


FIXED! thank you so much!
Troy Aihaken
Perkone
Caldari State
#691 - 2013-02-20 21:01:08 UTC
No problems

NodeJS Developer | Frontend Development | Programming Enthusiast

Teebling
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#692 - 2013-02-20 22:25:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Teebling
Hi,

1. New users registering aren't being put into the correct corporations, even though the configuration is correct and going to /eveapi_check.php says that everything is correct. It just puts them in 'Registered users' group.

2. Going to eveapi_cron.php returns this error:

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function cronlog() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\hostilework.me\httpdocs\eveapi_cron.php on line 43


How to I fix this?

Thanks
Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#693 - 2013-02-21 01:14:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
Sharker2k3 wrote:
Hi, didn't see a response about this.

In the Teamspeak 3 section is there a way to use a domain for the server's IP address? My TS server uses a dyndns.org host since it doesn't have a static IP. Currently it wouldn't work when I used the domain but when I used the IP it worked.

Is there a way to resolve it with domains or could it be added?

Thanks

Edit: A feature idea would be to support director/role status. If in corp, add user to this group on forums and TS. If director, add to another user group and another TS group.

It supports hostnames yes, but the field is currently to small to hold the full hostname.
I've increased the size of the field in version 6.2.2.


Wafou Ka'Djo wrote:
Is it possible to add a roles check so, for example, a Director get assigned to a particular group?

This is currently not possible. I'm planning to implement this in the future, but there are a few features I want to finish first.


Teebling wrote:
I'm going to make you new icons for the [eveitem] bbcode as a show of thanks for the mod by the way :)

EDIT: Stupid shared host block the ports AND don' support cronjob. Wowzers.

Sorry to hear about your host not supporting the features you'd like.
I'm looking forward to those icons Bear


Wafou Ka'Djo wrote:
I've got a hosting with cPanel, what's the better way to set a cron job for eveapi_cron.php ?

php -q -f /path-to-the-forum/eveapi_cron.php

Edit: I read old threads and I see I've to call it through a wget command but whenever the cron job runs it creates eveapi_cron.php.N file where N is an incremental number.

These wget options should not save the requested page; wget -O - -q http://localhost/forum/eveapi_cron.php
Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#694 - 2013-02-21 01:21:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
Kashada Kumato wrote:
Troy Aihaken wrote:
You need to copy eveapi_fitting.js to your themes template folder, and eveapi_fitting.css to your themes theme folder e.g. prosilver/theme/

I did the eveapi_fitting.js but not the CSS.. will try that BRB


FIXED! thank you so much!

Thanks Troy for helping out.


Teebling wrote:
Hi,

1. New users registering aren't being put into the correct corporations, even though the configuration is correct and going to /eveapi_check.php says that everything is correct. It just puts them in 'Registered users' group.

2. Going to eveapi_cron.php returns this error:

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function cronlog() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\hostilework.me\httpdocs\eveapi_cron.php on line 43


How to I fix this?

Thanks

It sounds like the mod hasn't been installed correctly.
I suggest you set up a test forum with the default prosilver template and try to install the mod on there to verify you did all the steps correctly.
If you haven't seen the video yet, I suggest you watch it. A link can be found in the first post of this topic.



I'll be releasing 6.2.2 shortly with some bug fixes for Jabber, TeamSpeak group assignment and to update the database to hold the Retribution 1.1 stuff.
Kashada Kumato
Perkone
Caldari State
#695 - 2013-02-21 03:43:40 UTC
one other issue i noticed recently...

[eveitem] doesnt work on anything with a colon Type-D Power Core Modification: Capacitor Flux for example.

any ideas?
Aron Fox
Tranquillian Imperial Navy
#696 - 2013-02-21 07:50:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Aron Fox
Aron Fox wrote:
Cyerus wrote:
Aron Fox wrote:
Suggestion 1: Could you make the [eveitem][evesystem][evefit] to link to EVElopedia when the forum is used in a any webbrowser but the ingame one?

Suggestion 2: could you make it so that CEOs of a corp and/or allience executor can also be assigned to a special group?

1; Good idea, I'll check if I can add something like that.

2; Quite hard to do, but it's on my list. I need to add / fix some other stuff first though, so it could take a while.


Aron Fox wrote:
The forum keep invalidating my forum users. I manually checked all their APIs and they are authentic. they manage to re-activate their accounts on the forum using the eveapi_update.php and can use the forum instantly after activating. i dont know if its when the cronjob is run that they get kicked out but this seams to only happend with a few of my users but not all of them.

I have installed your latest 2.1.0, i am using phpbb 3.0.11 their API's is stored in the database sucessfully.

could this have anything to do with API keys with multiple characters in it or that maybe the API server lags at occasions an dont return correct values? like this https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=169138

That problem was solved in 6.2.0 and should not exist in 6.2.1.

Perhaps in your case the new version didn't update all the files.
What you can try to do is update all the new files manually by following the steps below.

  1. Back it up, up, up, UP!
  2. Make sure you have version 6.2.1 installed and running
  3. Manually unpackage the zipfile and browse to the unpackaged directory.
  4. With exception of the install-folder, upload all the files and directories to the webhost.
  5. If asked to overwrite, choose Yes.
  6. Once uploaded, head to the AdminCP and clear cache.
  7. Run the cronjob script to verify it is working correctly now. If not, you probably have an error in your settings somewhere.




as i said before this error occurse at random times and i can just run the cron and instantly see if it works or not. do you want to see my adminlog? it shows how the cronjob script at one time activates the account and how it later deactivates it. And i have uploaded those files multiple times before, owervritten them all those times, purged the cach multiple times, and if this has to dow ith settings which settings do i need to do to set it up correct? and why does this only happen at random occasions if its settings and why does it only seam to affect only a few of my users? and no their API have not exired as i manually checked their API keys. ill send a sample of my admin log in a mail.


i dont know how many times i owerwritten my files with your new ones but it aint helping. it keeps invalidating my users! I did as you last said in doubts of myself but now i know for 100% that i overwrote and im really sure i did it all the other 4 times i resintalled the same dam mod. this is starting to become like those movies when im a "kind" (or considerd as one) whenre i claim i seen somethign un beliveable and all the adults just says "you muate have been mistake, its just your imagination" and later in the movie they get right and nobody belived them but if they did the problemd could have allready been fixed.

in other words, please trust me on this, somethign is wrong with your code, i dont know where but at random times it invalidates my users and on order to spare my users from having to reactivate themsale with the same API they used before (as it still works) i am manually activating them. I have to watch the admin log as a hawk to restore their status.
Aron Fox
Tranquillian Imperial Navy
#697 - 2013-02-21 07:58:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Aron Fox
accidental doubble post
Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#698 - 2013-02-21 13:31:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
Kashada Kumato wrote:
one other issue i noticed recently...

[eveitem] doesnt work on anything with a colon Type-D Power Core Modification: Capacitor Flux for example.

any ideas?

I'll look into it.


Aron Fox wrote:
i dont know how many times i owerwritten my files with your new ones but it aint helping. it keeps invalidating my users! I did as you last said in doubts of myself but now i know for 100% that i overwrote and im really sure i did it all the other 4 times i resintalled the same dam mod. this is starting to become like those movies when im a "kind" (or considerd as one) whenre i claim i seen somethign un beliveable and all the adults just says "you muate have been mistake, its just your imagination" and later in the movie they get right and nobody belived them but if they did the problemd could have allready been fixed.

in other words, please trust me on this, somethign is wrong with your code, i dont know where but at random times it invalidates my users and on order to spare my users from having to reactivate themsale with the same API they used before (as it still works) i am manually activating them. I have to watch the admin log as a hawk to restore their status.

Random times would indicate it's very unlikely to be my code, as it doesn't behave any different every time you run it.

In order to pinpoint where this problem comes from, I'll need the following;

  • Access to an account on the forums with Admin rights to verify all the settings in the AdminCP are set correctly.
  • Charactername and API details of the characters that are getting randomly disabled.
  • The log files of the cronjobs that have disabled the accounts.
  • Are you using "php /path/to/eveapi_cron.php" or "wget http://website.com/forum/eveapi_cron.php" as cronjob line?


Feel free to email me instead, as those details should not be posted as a reply.
Teebling
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#699 - 2013-02-21 16:19:08 UTC
Thanks for the suggestion Cyerus, you were right. Silly Windows server having problems with upload permissions so AuotMod didn't do the job, I had to install the mod manually but it worked eventually :)

Those icons, coming soon!
Unhold
Arkon Industries
P O L A R I S
#700 - 2013-02-23 18:01:46 UTC
Hi again!

Since I'm having the mod now working my users started using and loving it.
But since the new EVE Patch, CCP again modified some ships.
Some have now a different slot layout than before.
Do we need to wait for a patch here or is it possible to fix it by my self?

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Unhold