These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Make EVE free for 10 yr old players

Author
Psych0tic
The Grey Eagles
#1 - 2013-03-06 18:32:07 UTC
AFAIK eve will be 10 this year?

Why not make characters which have been subscribed for 10 years free (total subscription time, not total age)? If the original people who created them still own them, they would have paid roughly $1800 on the game already, which i consider is many times what an individual should have to pay to play a game, even if it is p2p.

Would reward the most dedicated and give others a goal to work towards and play longer for.

Thoughts?
De'Veldrin
Adversity.
Hisec Miners
#2 - 2013-03-06 18:48:07 UTC
tl;dr: Hey, CCP. How about voluntarily reducing your income stream for us old guys?

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-03-06 19:13:04 UTC
dude. y u no plex?

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-03-06 19:20:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Poetic Stanziel
Psych0tic wrote:
AFAIK eve will be 10 this year?

Why not make characters which have been subscribed for 10 years free (total subscription time, not total age)? If the original people who created them still own them, they would have paid roughly $1800 on the game already, which i consider is many times what an individual should have to pay to play a game, even if it is p2p.

Would reward the most dedicated and give others a goal to work towards and play longer for.

Thoughts?
In ten years, you should have been able to find a job.
Zella Polaris
Pitchfork Uprising Holdings
#5 - 2013-03-06 19:33:53 UTC
$1600 over 10 years is a lot, but so is 10 years of expansion packs and development time and server rack space for you to be able to play.

That being said, I would not be all that offended if CCP gave me a free month or a forum badge or something in thanks for the time / money / community involvement I put in. But I don't feel entitled to it.

Pitchfork Militia, part of Catastrophic Uprising, is recruiting. 0.0 SOV, emphasis on PvP, NBSI

Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#6 - 2013-03-06 20:03:12 UTC
Anyone with 10 years of dedicated playing should be in a position to PLEX their accounts anyhow.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-03-06 20:31:01 UTC
Rroff wrote:
Anyone with 10 years of dedicated playing should be in a position to PLEX their accounts anyhow.

youd be surprised how many 7+ year vets barely make enough to fund their cruiser-pvp habits on the weekends.
Drake Doe
88Th Tax Haven
#8 - 2013-03-06 20:35:04 UTC
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
Rroff wrote:
Anyone with 10 years of dedicated playing should be in a position to PLEX their accounts anyhow.

youd be surprised how many 7+ year vets barely make enough to fund their cruiser-pvp habits on the weekends.

That means they've failed at Eve

"The homogenization of EVE began when Gallente and Caldari started sharing a weapon system."---Vermaak Doe-- "Ohh squabbles ohh I love my dust trolls like watching an episode of Maury with less " Is he my Dad " but more of " My Neighbor took a dump on my lawn " good episode! pops more corn" ---Evernub--

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-03-06 20:59:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Destination SkillQueue
How would this be a good thing? It just means reduced income for the game they've enjoyed for a full decade. I get that people who are selfish pricks with no consideration for the overall well-being of EVE would support this, but why would anyone else? Personally I'm happy to pay for the game and support it's development as long as it delivers. How long I've been a subscriber doesn't enter into that consideration and I don't feel CCP owes me free access for the rest of my life.
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-03-06 22:52:55 UTC
No, but CCP should give you a discount. $1500 lump sum, to be paid now, instead of $1600, for your next 10 years. We appreciate your continuing patronage. Lol
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-03-06 22:56:33 UTC
But $1600 won't even buy you a Titan! So maybe if you pay for 10 years at a time you should at least get a free Titan.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#12 - 2013-03-06 23:43:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Kahega Amielden
$1800 is not all that much money to spend on a hobby over 10 years, even if we assume you pay by month, don't plex, and were subbed for the whole time.
Eklykti
Zion foundation
#13 - 2013-03-07 01:20:37 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
But $1600 won't even buy you a Titan! So maybe if you pay for 10 years at a time you should at least get a free Titan.
Hello, Perfect World!
De'Veldrin
Adversity.
Hisec Miners
#14 - 2013-03-07 14:03:21 UTC
Kahega Amielden wrote:
$1800 is not all that much money to spend on a hobby over 10 years, even if we assume you pay by month, don't plex, and were subbed for the whole time.


As a model railroader, I can attest that spending $1800 over ten years is considered small change in some hobbies.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Seranova Farreach
Biomass Negative
#15 - 2013-03-07 16:50:19 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Kahega Amielden wrote:
$1800 is not all that much money to spend on a hobby over 10 years, even if we assume you pay by month, don't plex, and were subbed for the whole time.


As a model railroader, I can attest that spending $1800 over ten years is considered small change in some hobbies.

0 gauge or 00 Gauge? :P and yeah seen some new trains can be like 200+ depending on quality or even 500+ depending on vintage

[u]___________________ http://i.imgur.com/d9Ee2ik.jpg[/u]

De'Veldrin
Adversity.
Hisec Miners
#16 - 2013-03-07 17:02:26 UTC
Seranova Farreach wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:
Kahega Amielden wrote:
$1800 is not all that much money to spend on a hobby over 10 years, even if we assume you pay by month, don't plex, and were subbed for the whole time.


As a model railroader, I can attest that spending $1800 over ten years is considered small change in some hobbies.

0 gauge or 00 Gauge? :P and yeah seen some new trains can be like 200+ depending on quality or even 500+ depending on vintage


HO (1:87.1) - though if my eyes keep going the way they are, I may have to switch to standard O (1:48) just to see what I am doing. LOL.

And yes, some of the brass import locos (esp the Broadway Limited steam locos) are super expensive - $1600 will buy you one steam engine.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-03-07 17:15:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Alx Warlord
$1.600 x 500.000 = $ 800.000.000

So if all current players play for the next 10 years CCP will get almost a billion dolars. I really don't know if this game worth this comparing to the actual development peace.... I still think that CCP could flog more their employees or hire more ppl.


Anyway I have a good solution for this, please take a look coment and like: THE UNIFIED ACCOUNT THEORY
Mag's
Azn Empire
#18 - 2013-03-07 17:20:14 UTC
No.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#19 - 2013-03-07 19:20:37 UTC
Crazy me, I thought this was a way to attract new players who are just old enough to bounce around high sec or something.

Bobby just turned 10 years old. Bobby has a computer, which he uses mostly for school and sending emails about cool stuff.
(Well, cool in his view of the world)

Special offer from EVE, try the game for free until you turn 11, or something.

Shrug...
Zircon Dasher
#20 - 2013-03-07 19:46:43 UTC
I agree. My son has been hounding me to get him an account. While it would be nice for him to have his own account (so he stops blowing up my ships) I don't want him playing so much that it actually is worth the subscription.

He turns 10 in 3 weeks btw.

FREE SUBS FOR 10Y/O!

Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

12Next page