These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Should nullsec industry > hisec industry?

First post First post
Author
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#301 - 2013-03-06 20:24:40 UTC
Yonis Kador wrote:
Haradgrim wrote:
I'm starting to think that forcing high-sec industry to POSes would make for a decent compromise that might satisfy all parties (at least to a certain extent).

Lol

"Decent compromise" isn't quite the phrase I'd use to describe something that wouldn't nerf, but instead end my gameplay entirely. In fact, the most enlightening thing I've garnered from this discussion thus far is that null players don't want to do their own industry in POS's - not because of the inherent risks - (they have POS's anchored now) but because it's a logistical nightmare. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suppose that a highsec player manufacturing items in the space of all 4 races, across multiple regions, would probably be equally put off from using POS's for industry - and ironically for the very same reasons.

YK

You object to 33% higher volumes?

Do you make less than 100k isk/hr per slot?

take a small gallente pos. (picked as the fuel is the most expensive, on the market)

This will cost you 132,000 isk per hour to run, if you're just buying the fuel blocks from the market. (+ 2k or so for charters.)

A Equipment Assembly array has 6 slots on it. You can fit multiple in a single small tower. But for this, we'll assume you're using just the one. (Other arrays have varying numbers of slots. But module production isn't a bad baseline)

So, that means, per hour, you're paying 22,000 isk, per slot. Sure, this is about 67 time higher than what you'd pay in a highsec station, but...

For a time multiplier of 0.75. This equates to a 33% increase in productivity.

So if you're making 100k isk/hr per line in a station, in a POS you'd be making 133k isk/hr.

So you're already making 10% more than you would. After costs. Higher isk/hrs equate to higher benefits (approaching 33% as you reduce the percentage paid)

Stick in another array, and it improves even further.

Sure, you'll have to fly to and from the POS every so often to pick stuff up and drop stuff off. But that's /it/.

You also have to trust your corporation. That needs work.

But manufacturing in POS, in highsec, is a bit of a no-brainer. The downside is being wardecced. But that's when you strip the POS, and turn it into a dickstar.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Haradgrim
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#302 - 2013-03-06 20:26:56 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Yonis Kador wrote:
Haradgrim wrote:
I'm starting to think that forcing high-sec industry to POSes would make for a decent compromise that might satisfy all parties (at least to a certain extent).

Lol

"Decent compromise" isn't quite the phrase I'd use to describe something that wouldn't nerf, but instead end my gameplay entirely. In fact, the most enlightening thing I've garnered from this discussion thus far is that null players don't want to do their own industry in POS's - not because of the inherent risks - (they have POS's anchored now) but because it's a logistical nightmare. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suppose that a highsec player manufacturing items in the space of all 4 races, across multiple regions, would probably be equally put off from using POS's for industry - and ironically for the very same reasons.

YK

take a small gallente pos. (picked as the fuel is the most expensive, on the market)

This will cost you 132,000 isk per hour to run, if you're just buying the fuel blocks from the market. (+ 2k or so for charters.)

A Equipment Assembly array has 6 slots on it. You can fit multiple in a single small tower. But for this, we'll assume you're using just the one. (Other arrays have varying numbers of slots. But module production isn't a bad baseline)

So, that means, per hour, you're paying 22,000 isk, per slot. Sure, this is about 67 time higher than what you'd pay in a highsec station, but...

So if you're making 100k isk/hr per line in a station, in a POS you'd be making 133k isk/hr.

So you're already making 10% more than you would. After costs. Higher isk/hrs equate to higher benefits (approaching 33% as you reduce the percentage paid)

Sure, you'll have to fly to and from the POS every so often to pick stuff up and drop stuff off. But that's /it/.

But manufacturing in POS, in highsec, is a bit of a no-brainer. The downside is being wardecced. But that's when you strip the POS, and turn it into a dickstar.

I like you Steve.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#303 - 2013-03-06 20:30:00 UTC
Haradgrim wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:

Highsec production costs & tax are minuscule compared to what nullsec residents have to pay, on top of that we have other costs that completely trump those & for all that isk spent, we get a tiny portion of the industrial capabilities of 1 highsec station.

True but they are the equivalent costs. I don't think anyone is arguing that the additional cost of having to conduct industry in null is worth it by comparison to high-sec once you account for everything or that it shouldnt be changed. Just that that change shouldn't be nerfing high-sec.

Paying 1000 times more for 50 times less isn't an equivalent cost. One of the points of revamping nullsec industry is to encourage industrialists willing to take risks out to nullsec. If highsec stays the same then no amount of buffs will encourage people to move when they otherwise would. To make nullsec industry viable even after changes, highsec needs to take a hit.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#304 - 2013-03-06 20:30:14 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Yonis Kador wrote:
Haradgrim wrote:

Lol

YK

Not sure how you are working out a cost increase and logistical effort increase to be a benefit. And if it is the benefit you claim why isn't nullsec content with it?
Haradgrim
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#305 - 2013-03-06 20:30:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Haradgrim
La Nariz wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:
True =(

But then, it seems all the posts from them always degenerate into name calling and trolling to wreck a thread only to have a new one get created so they can complain there's "another".

A shame really. 15% of their members who actually do post here can be informative.

We can't exactly take you seriously and have "informative" discussions when you don't learn from the previous one's. I'd be happy to explain everything to you if I hadn't already done it 5 or so times. One can only bang their head against a wall so many times.

My utmost apologies gentle sir, I apreciate you making the effort 'tall.
Haradgrim
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#306 - 2013-03-06 20:35:23 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Haradgrim wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:

Highsec production costs & tax are minuscule compared to what nullsec residents have to pay, on top of that we have other costs that completely trump those & for all that isk spent, we get a tiny portion of the industrial capabilities of 1 highsec station.

True but they are the equivalent costs. I don't think anyone is arguing that the additional cost of having to conduct industry in null is worth it by comparison to high-sec once you account for everything or that it shouldnt be changed. Just that that change shouldn't be nerfing high-sec.

Paying 1000 times more for 50 times less isn't an equivalent cost. One of the points of revamping nullsec industry is to encourage industrialists willing to take risks out to nullsec. If highsec stays the same then no amount of buffs will encourage people to move when they otherwise would. To make nullsec industry viable even after changes, highsec needs to take a hit.

So what your saying is that if (as an arbitrary example) every POS factory slot had a +25% Material Efficiency bonus when operated in null sec, there wouldn't be sufficient motivation to move T1 production out to 0.0? And that once prices fell below the high-sec minimum production cost level there would be anyone doing otherwise?

I'm not suggesting that's the solution but it took me all of 1 second to come up with a way to manipulate market forces to make 0.0 more profitable than high-sec in a particular market.

Then again, if I was the CFC and I didn't want an entity to come together in high sec (in much the way goons once did) and one day challenge me, nerfing high sec industry would certainly help me out with that.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
#307 - 2013-03-06 20:37:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Steve Ronuken
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
*snip*
Not sure how you are working out a cost increase and logistical effort increase to be a benefit. And if it is the benefit you claim why isn't nullsec content with it?

Because, for any serious manufacturer, costs are irrelevant.

The only that that /is/ relevant is your isk/hr. Sure, you have to invest extra each month. But your return is substantially higher.

As for the logistical effort, this is high-sec I'm talking about. Where you can get the fuel shipped, by Red Frog, to where ever you need it. And you don't even need make it. Just buy it straight off the market (If you're smart, you'll buy the components and make it yourself, as the isk/hr isn't bad.) Fuelling a tower once ever three weeks is hardly taxing.

Null is substantially harder, as they tend not to have local distribution points (as far as I'm aware). So stuff is shipped out, then back in. That's something that could, perhaps, be worked on, at an alliance level.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Haradgrim
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#308 - 2013-03-06 20:38:56 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

If you don't understand how higher costs but faster turnover can earn you more money then I'm just not sure that anything I'm going to say is going to change your mind.

The reaons its not the same for nullsec is that moving materials around is a lot harder (how do you move 1M m3 of trit in 0.0? JF, thats how, high sec you could have an army of alts on uninsured badgers if it suited your fancy) and not all systems have outposts.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
#309 - 2013-03-06 20:40:27 UTC
Haradgrim wrote:

So what your saying is that if (as an arbitrary example) every POS factory slot had a +25% Material Efficiency bonus when operated in null sec, there wouldn't be sufficient motivation to move T1 production out to 0.0? And that once prices fell below the high-sec minimum production cost level there would be anyone doing otherwise?

I don't recommend changes to material efficiency. What I recommend is changes to the time multiplier.

This allows highsec newbs to compete on price, but not volume. So they can get their start, moving out to null when appropriate, without being completely uncompetitive.

Serious manufacturers go by isk per hour.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Haradgrim
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#310 - 2013-03-06 20:42:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Haradgrim
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Haradgrim wrote:

I don't recommend changes to material efficiency. What I recommend is changes to the time multiplier.

This allows highsec newbs to compete on price, but not volume. So they can get their start, moving out to null when appropriate, without being completely uncompetitive.

Serious manufacturers go by isk per hour.

I was just trying to provide an obvious example.

And serious manufactures go by (Isk per hour) * SVR Blink

Edit: On second thought, I think there needs to be something beyond a volume advantage. Otherwise your competing against a "newb" with 10 alts producing the same volume in high sec. He may be paying for more alt plexes but I find player behaviour remains the same (whether they ended up with more plex or isk in their wallet) as long as they cross the threshold for profitability over the cost of the plex. Material efficiency is the only counter I can think of to that.
Yonis Kador
KADORCORP
#311 - 2013-03-06 20:44:33 UTC
Haradgrim wrote:

What is it about POSes that would be an issue for you? Its the concept of having to make an investment and protect it that I'm seeking to encorperate into the high-sec manufacturing cycle.

I believe it was stated that having to haul minerals from a station to a POS was problematic and that freighters are slow, cumbersome to navigate, and difficult to maneuver between anchored POS modules. Though it may be safer to mine in high sec, that stated ease consequently and frequently empties systems entirely of ore - forcing folks to mine systems away from their POS at distances that can vary daily. So as far as I can tell, the nightmarish transportation and navigation issues are not sec-specific.

My insurmountable problem is that I operate all over the map, on opposite ends of multiple regions, with plans to continually expand indefinately. Tethering my industrial activites to my research POS (which firstly means I won't be able to do research) would translate to literally hundreds of freighter jumps per week. It is unworkable in any sense and will effectively end my game. My biggest issue with the idea is how limiting it is and the deleterious effect it will have on player fluidity. Everyone will be tethered to some point in space.

It may well be that in null, the absence of security lends itself readily to tethering yourself to a point in space. High sec has no such restriction and people go where they will. In fact, my current game has developed partly from those travels. I'm absolutely positive I'm not the only person who's going to have an issue with this.

YK
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#312 - 2013-03-06 20:48:01 UTC
Haradgrim wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

If you don't understand how higher costs but faster turnover can earn you more money then I'm just not sure that anything I'm going to say is going to change your mind.

The reaons its not the same for nullsec is that moving materials around is a lot harder (how do you move 1M m3 of trit in 0.0? JF, thats how, high sec you could have an army of alts on uninsured badgers if it suited your fancy) and not all systems have outposts.

There is some benefit to it but a decrease in margins to counter. Unless your velocity of sales increases on a similar scale to your production capacity, which it likely won't if everyone else is in the same boat producing more with no new demand, you aren't really reaping the benefit. When there is a choice like there is now we have that opportunity. If manufacturing is forced into POS, which was the scenario presented, that's not the case as production time is no longer a comparative benefit.

But that aside he still worked it out to a benefit overall, which means POS vs Outpost production would still have that benefit only putting highsec closer to null in the station/outpost to POS facility ratio. If you want an end result of both being of lower quality with little overall gain and potential exclusion of individuals who for one reason or another aren't in a position to have POS to work with I guess it's the way to go.
Haradgrim
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#313 - 2013-03-06 20:52:08 UTC
Yonis Kador wrote:
Haradgrim wrote:

What is it about POSes that would be an issue for you? Its the concept of having to make an investment and protect it that I'm seeking to encorperate into the high-sec manufacturing cycle.

I believe it was stated that having to haul minerals from a station to a POS was problematic and that freighters are slow, cumbersome to navigate, and difficult to maneuver between anchored POS modules. Though it may be safer to mine in high sec, that stated ease consequently and frequently empties systems entirely of ore - forcing folks to mine systems away from their POS at distances that can vary daily. So as far as I can tell, the nightmarish transportation and navigation issues are not sec-specific.

My insurmountable problem is that I operate all over the map, on opposite ends of multiple regions, with plans to continually expand indefinately. Tethering my industrial activites to my research POS (which firstly means I won't be able to do research) would translate to literally hundreds of freighter jumps per week. It is unworkable in any sense and will effectively end my game. My biggest issue with the idea is how limiting it is and the deleterious effect it will have on player fluidity. Everyone will be tethered to some point in space.

It may well be that in null, the absence of security lends itself readily to tethering yourself to a point in space. High sec has no such restriction and people go where they will. In fact, my current game has developed partly from those travels. I'm absolutely positive I'm not the only person who's going to have an issue with this.

YK

I apologize if I'm being dense but I still don't really understand, what is to stop you from simply setting up more posses? They aren't very expensive to set up and as long as they are profitable to run they will pay themselves off very quickly. Wouldn't having a network of posses all over the high-sec galaxyy producing and researching wherever you operate be better?

Transporting to a pos is no more difficult than transporting to a station (which you will have to do to manufacture at any volume anyhow). The only real logistical issue is moving materials from your corperate hanger array to the various production modules but that's no more work than organizing your hanger on a station. So that just leaves the logistics of operating a pos, setting it up is a bit of work (but fun IMO) but maintaining it is very little work and a simple hauling alt can be utilizaed to take care of all your poses anywhere in the galaxy if you stagger their schedules.
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#314 - 2013-03-06 21:00:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Murk Paradox
Mallak Azaria wrote:
[Highsec production costs & tax are minuscule compared to what nullsec residents have to pay, on top of that we have other costs that completely trump those & for all that isk spent, we get a tiny portion of the industrial capabilities of 1 highsec station.

So? Comparing is just saying it's tougher for you to have your own empire. We already know this. If you chose to move out to null for its' industry, then that was a poor decision.

Now, if you want to compare null to high in saying that, then use npc null as an example, and you might have something. But null as a whole is definitely in the same boat, regardless if you compare npc or sov null.

For instance... I think npc null should have higher industry levels than sov null, but less than empire highsec. 1 being sansha etc are "pirate" so therefore aren't likely to have the same soort of technological advances in regards to refining and whatnot. Bult ultimately is considered a stronger/more populated force than sov in null by numbers.

Going with that platform, I'd say it would be easier to argue for npc null to get a better equivalent to industry since npc stations (regardless of standings" will still support agents and offices and trades for anyone, regardless of race/corp. Without the harassment from faction police to boot (which is a bonus above highsec).

So maybe there should be a change, in regards to WHAT you build, concerning the faction of area you are in. ex- Stain npc having a bonus to production of pirate faction items., SOV space located in racial district having bonuses to that as well.

Not as a highsec versus null. We all know the conflict of eve is to create conflict, not dumb it down. So why not look at lateral shifts to get a better bonus/enhancement to the areas instead of comparing?

Otherwise everyone is just acting like the publord they accuse others of being.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#315 - 2013-03-06 21:02:27 UTC
Haradgrim wrote:
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Isn't part of the inherent risk of nul the lack of industry? Why should those out on the fringe not have to struggle to make industry work as part of the risk they take out there. As it stands, they have a captive market and can generally sell at 15% above jita market. We in hi sec have to struggle to make even 1% over jita in many markets. plus, within 5 minutes of placing an order up in jita, competition has already reduced our profit.

Why should nul (the supposedly harder place to live, but more lucrative) be made easier and less of a logistic hassel just because they feel disadvantaged by the lack of industry? You choose to live in nul, it comes with risks, one of those risks is the increased difficulty of industrial activities. Deal with it. If not, then allow moon mining in all areas of space so hi sec isn't dependant on nul moon goo.

Null's not meant to be harder, its meant to require you to be more self sufficient. You should start with less capability than high-sec but be able to build a greater capability. At least thats the intent (I believe).

In this case, then the stations shoujd be changed and improved. I would not addvocate multiple stations in a system as this would make sov conquest worse. Still, the amount of slots available should be tied to an upgradeable industrial level. The higher the level, the more of each slot should be available.

For example, at stage one a station should have 10 copy slots, 5 time research, 5 material research, 10 invention or reverse enginering slots, 20 regular manufacturing, 10 booster manufacturing. This would support 3 industrial toons, capable of make
200 t2 mods (approximately) per day. At stage 2, double this to support 6 toons, stage 3, 9 or maybe 12 toons. If a stage is lost, jobs are lost based on random chance.

Additionally, station upgrade mechanics need a major overhaul. From my understanding, upgrade requires making a station vulnerable. This should not be. Still, this is an issue with station mechanics and improving them, not necessarily nul vs hi sec industry.
Haradgrim
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#316 - 2013-03-06 21:02:30 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Haradgrim wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

There is some benefit to it but a decrease in margins to counter. Unless your velocity of sales increases on a similar scale to your production capacity, which it likely won't if everyone else is in the same boat producing more with no new demand, you aren't really reaping the benefit. When there is a choice like there is now we have that opportunity. If manufacturing is forced into POS, which was the scenario presented, that's not the case as production time is no longer a comparative benefit.

But that aside he still worked it out to a benefit overall, which means POS vs Outpost production would still have that benefit only putting highsec closer to null in the station/outpost to POS facility ratio. If you want an end result of both being of lower quality with little overall gain and potential exclusion of individuals who for one reason or another aren't in a position to have POS to work with I guess it's the way to go.

In my experience the increase in production always justifies the shrinking of the margin. If the margin was that small in the first place it probably wasn't worth producing outside the POS anyhow. Anyhow I was primarily pointing out that its not accurate to catagorize it as a "cost increase" without allluding to the fact that your are producing a greater amount.

My primary point is that if null sec industrialists are to compete with high-sec industrialists (and I have a hard time believing that even you think they should actually be at a disadvantage as opposed to on an even footing) then something needs to change, either null sec needs to be far more profitable or there needs to be risk and/or greater costs associated with high sec production. Without that the status quo will simply remain. The risk you take with making Null sec more profitable while leaving high sec completely intact is that you risk making null sec too profitable and ruininig the whole concept of scarcity which keeps ISK relevant.
Haradgrim
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#317 - 2013-03-06 21:04:59 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Haradgrim wrote:
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Isn't part of the inherent risk of nul the lack of industry? Why should those out on the fringe not have to struggle to make industry work as part of the risk they take out there. As it stands, they have a captive market and can generally sell at 15% above jita market. We in hi sec have to struggle to make even 1% over jita in many markets. plus, within 5 minutes of placing an order up in jita, competition has already reduced our profit.

Why should nul (the supposedly harder place to live, but more lucrative) be made easier and less of a logistic hassel just because they feel disadvantaged by the lack of industry? You choose to live in nul, it comes with risks, one of those risks is the increased difficulty of industrial activities. Deal with it. If not, then allow moon mining in all areas of space so hi sec isn't dependant on nul moon goo.

Null's not meant to be harder, its meant to require you to be more self sufficient. You should start with less capability than high-sec but be able to build a greater capability. At least thats the intent (I believe).

In this case, then the stations shoujd be changed and improved. I would not addvocate multiple stations in a system as this would make sov conquest worse. Still, the amount of slots available should be tied to an upgradeable industrial level. The higher the level, the more of each slot should be available.

For example, at stage one a station should have 10 copy slots, 5 time research, 5 material research, 10 invention or reverse enginering slots, 20 regular manufacturing, 10 booster manufacturing. This would support 3 industrial toons, capable of make
200 t2 mods (approximately) per day. At stage 2, double this to support 6 toons, stage 3, 9 or maybe 12 toons. If a stage is lost, jobs are lost based on random chance.

Additionally, station upgrade mechanics need a major overhaul. From my understanding, upgrade requires making a station vulnerable. This should not be. Still, this is an issue with station mechanics and improving them, not necessarily nul vs hi sec industry.

Largely I agree, and going back to the point I made in the first post I made in this thread: Sov needs to be fixed before we start rebalancing industry between 0.0 and high sec. CCP, get on that! Cool
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#318 - 2013-03-06 21:05:00 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:
True =(

But then, it seems all the posts from them always degenerate into name calling and trolling to wreck a thread only to have a new one get created so they can complain there's "another".

A shame really. 15% of their members who actually do post here can be informative.

We can't exactly take you seriously and have "informative" discussions when you don't learn from the previous one's. I'd be happy to explain everything to you if I hadn't already done it 5 or so times. One can only bang their head against a wall so many times.

I agree, unfortunately, that is also from this side of the coin. You can easily search my posts and see where I am the one that starts the fight. But good luck finding one.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#319 - 2013-03-06 21:15:21 UTC
Haradgrim wrote:

In my experience the increase in production always justifies the shrinking of the margin. If the margin was that small in the first place it probably wasn't worth producing outside the POS anyhow. Anyhow I was primarily pointing out that its not accurate to catagorize it as a "cost increase" without allluding to the fact that your are producing a greater amount.

My primary point is that if null sec industrialists are to compete with high-sec industrialists (and I have a hard time believing that even you think they should actually be at a disadvantage as opposed to on an even footing) then something needs to change, either null sec needs to be far more profitable or there needs to be risk and/or greater costs associated with high sec production. Without that the status quo will simply remain. The risk you take with making Null sec more profitable while leaving high sec completely intact is that you risk making null sec too profitable and ruininig the whole concept of scarcity which keeps ISK relevant.

My primary point was not seeing how throwing a large portion of serious producers into a higher velocity production environment with similar levels of demand for final products would benefit them. On an individual scale if you accelerate production at a higher unit cost it works because that individual is a small portion of the production community and has an insignificant effect on overall supply. A large scale production shift mandated by a game change on the other hand does have the affect of creating potential oversupplies devaluing individual goods to a point that could lower isk/hr even at increased output velocities.

Personally I'd rather see hourly rates for slots increased and perhaps an efficiency decrease in NPC stations. I think the basic industry mechanic should remain highly accessible but be less cost efficient than properly utilized alternatives.
Kestrix
The Whispering
#320 - 2013-03-06 21:15:32 UTC
Null sec is already better than hi sec for industry. You can build anything in Null. Sure there is risk involved and the logistics (which are not hard) can be annoying at times. The only thing Empire has over Null sec is the trading hubs.