These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mynnna for CSM8

First post
Author
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#141 - 2013-03-24 20:54:17 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
People who aren't involved with 0.0 seem to have unrealistic ideas about the number and value of tech moons.

The same happen with people not involved in hisec, they all have a somehow unrealistic idea about the profitabiity of hisec activities.

For a solo hiseccer, 15 million/hour is a realistic average top income. That means playing some 35 hours each month to fund your subcription with PLEX -and it used to be less than 30 hours just a couple years ago. This income may get a bit higher with incursions and it's certainly lower with hisec mining.

As I've said many times, what's broken with hisec is not risk/reward. On the other hand, lowsec provides too few reward for the risk involved, but that's not hisec's fault.

IB4 "LOLfail, you suxx at hisec, me makes 50 million/hour": people not involved in hisec, they all have a somehow unrealistic idea about the profitability of hisec activities. Bear
None ofthe Above
#142 - 2013-03-24 21:01:48 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
People who aren't involved with 0.0 seem to have unrealistic ideas about the number and value of tech moons.

This is so unbelievably true. Fun fact: At current market value, a tech moon is worth around 7.2m per month after fuel costs. At those rates, we'd make the same kind of money if we just setup and ran two ice mining mackinaw accounts in empire 23/7 for every moon we own.

Let that sink in. A tech moon is basically just two Mackinaws running permanently. Blink

I think you meant 7.2b, but yes.

No actually I meant 7.2m, I just meant per hour. Whoops!

LOL.

The only end-game content in EVE Online is the crap that makes you rage quit.

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#143 - 2013-03-24 21:04:15 UTC  |  Edited by: mynnna
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
For a solo hiseccer, 15 million/hour is a realistic average top income. That means playing some 35 hours each month to fund your subcription with PLEX -and it used to be less than 30 hours just a couple years ago.

Mission income is actually hard to evaluate, partly because there are so many anecdotal claims flying around.

This income may get a bit higher with incursions

"A bit" higher. Understatement of the century. The only thing working against Incursions, really, is that you have to follow them from region to region and can't quite just sit in one place and chain-farm them forever.

and it's certainly lower with hisec mining.

On the other hand, an unboosted Mackinaw with Exhumers IV.

Mineral prices are sort of insane right now.

None ofthe Above wrote:

LOL.

What's so funny? "A tech moon is worth 7.2 million/hour" is factually true. Blink

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

NinjaTurtle
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#144 - 2013-03-25 14:00:52 UTC
mynnna wrote:
I'm not The Mittani.

That is not what you said on our podcast.
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#145 - 2013-03-25 15:09:37 UTC
The winter minutes one? You'd have to refresh my memory there, because I don't really remember saying "I am The Mittani" there, except maybe as a joke.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#146 - 2013-03-25 15:32:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
Malcanis wrote:

The same happen with people not involved in hisec, they all have a somehow unrealistic idea about the profitabiity of hisec activities.

For a solo hiseccer, 15 million/hour is a realistic average top income. That means playing some 35 hours each month to fund your subcription with PLEX -and it used to be less than 30 hours just a couple years ago. This income may get a bit higher with incursions and it's certainly lower with hisec mining.

As I've said many times, what's broken with hisec is not risk/reward. On the other hand, lowsec provides too few reward for the risk involved, but that's not hisec's fault.

IB4 "LOLfail, you suxx at hisec, me makes 50 million/hour": people not involved in hisec, they all have a somehow unrealistic idea about the profitability of hisec activities. Bear

Unfortunately for your argument, I am involved in hisec, and your "15M an hour" figure is only potentially credible to people who know nothing about L4 missions and don't know that LP are actually worth something. Indeed, a moderately attentive L3 missioner should easily get 15m/hr.

You... you do know that LP have value right? Open up the LP store icon, you're possibly in for a very nice surprise.

PS pretty please don't crash the CN BCS market before I can get home and sell mine.

EDIT: Even if your "15m/hr" figure is correct, that means that your joe average player earns ISK at the rate of two tech moons... heh.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Rengerel en Distel
#147 - 2013-03-25 19:45:39 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

Unfortunately for your argument, I am involved in hisec, and your "15M an hour" figure is only potentially credible to people who know nothing about L4 missions and don't know that LP are actually worth something. Indeed, a moderately attentive L3 missioner should easily get 15m/hr.

You... you do know that LP have value right? Open up the LP store icon, you're possibly in for a very nice surprise.

PS pretty please don't crash the CN BCS market before I can get home and sell mine.

EDIT: Even if your "15m/hr" figure is correct, that means that your joe average player earns ISK at the rate of two tech moons... heh.

I'd say 15-30M an hour isn't that unrealistic for casual players. Of course, those in pimped out ships running a level 4 in 15 min will make more, but they're hardly the average player.

I'm sure the tech moon comment was just a throw away, but you don't help your argument comparing mission running to 'passive' incomes, regardless of the source.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Runeme Shilter
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#148 - 2013-03-25 19:58:07 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:

I'm sure the tech moon comment was just a throw away, but you don't help your argument comparing mission running to 'passive' incomes, regardless of the source.

A highsec mission runner can't get his source of income taken away. Either be in NPC corp or throw-away oneman corp that just reforms when wardecced. Suicide ganked? Laugh, buy new ship, continue mission running.

If you are passive with your moons, you will get your mining pos shot down and a hostile one put up - and you can't just move to the next moon and continue mining there.
Rengerel en Distel
#149 - 2013-03-25 20:07:42 UTC
Runeme Shilter wrote:

A highsec mission runner can't get his source of income taken away. Either be in NPC corp or throw-away oneman corp that just reforms when wardecced. Suicide ganked? Laugh, buy new ship, continue mission running.

If you are passive with your moons, you will get your mining pos shot down and a hostile one put up - and you can't just move to the next moon and continue mining there.

I said 'passive' knowing someone would come in and say that. Curious how many tech moons goons lost this year, last year?

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Runeme Shilter
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#150 - 2013-03-25 20:12:21 UTC

I said 'passive' knowing someone would come in and say that. Curious how many tech moons goons lost this year, last year?

None, because they were actively defending them. Duh.
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#151 - 2013-03-25 20:32:12 UTC

Straight up lost, or lost and regained? Better yet, forget that argument and ask NCdot and Raiden how many tech moons they lost last year.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#152 - 2013-03-25 21:06:23 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

I'd say 15-30M an hour isn't that unrealistic for casual players. Of course, those in pimped out ships running a level 4 in 15 min will make more, but they're hardly the average player.

It's just amusing to me that people who know little or nothing about 0.0 and rant on about tech moons are apparently unaware that a busy mission hub generates about as much wealth as a couple of hundred tech moons

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#153 - 2013-03-25 21:07:40 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:

Straight up lost, or lost and regained? Better yet, forget that argument and ask NCdot and Raiden how many tech moons they lost last year.

It's also worth taking into account the assets expended and time spent to acquire & retain those tech moons.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#154 - 2013-03-25 21:23:58 UTC
No but you see those don't count because something something napfest risk averse nullbear bloobloobloodonut

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#155 - 2013-03-25 23:20:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
Malcanis wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

One of us has run in excess of 1,000 Lvl4s. I can tell for your shaky hands when thinking of running yet another one right now.

15 million per hour is a sensible average. Sometimes you just travel to Jita. Sometimes you bag 80 million in an hour. LPs must be traded and the result sold. Wrecks must be salvaged and the result sold. Sometimes you are offered the wrong mission for your standing catering, twice in a row. Sometimes you're offered time comsuming garbage 3 jumps away. Sometimes you will lose a ship, or more often your drones (at 400 k per Hobo II, that's a funny way to balance mission turnout). Sometimes you botch it and start yo-yoing in and out for an hour because of wrong aggro. Sometimes you just shift your base as an agent is reaching 10.0 standing and rewards get pretty funny after that.

As average, you may expect getting 15 million per hour played.

That's 2 hours of a tech moon, according to mynna, but unfortunately running missions for 12 hours a day would be a tad more difficult than just turn something on and keep it going while you're logged off.
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#156 - 2013-03-25 23:33:14 UTC
It's funny to see the kind of discussions that an offhand anecdote spawns.

Back in a sec with popcorn. Lol

Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#157 - 2013-03-26 13:56:59 UTC
mynnna wrote:

This is so unbelievably true. Fun fact: At current market value, a tech moon is worth around 7.2m per month after fuel costs. At those rates, we'd make the same kind of money if we just setup and ran two ice mining mackinaw accounts in empire 23/7 for every moon we own.

Let that sink in. A tech moon is basically just two Mackinaws running permanently. Blink
Lol

Technetium 'moon's only worth 7.2M a month? You are doing something wrong. Blink
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#158 - 2013-03-26 13:59:08 UTC  |  Edited by: mynnna
Bi-Mi Lansatha wrote:
mynnna wrote:

Lol

Technetium 'moon's only worth 7.2M a month? You are doing something wrong. Blink

Yes, specifically, I'm using the wrong unit of time; I meant per hour. This was already covered, as you'd have seen if you hadn't scrambled to hit post as soon as you saw the error. Blink

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#159 - 2013-03-26 14:00:08 UTC
He clarified above; he meant "7.2M per hour"

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#160 - 2013-03-26 14:17:30 UTC
Runeme Shilter wrote:

A highsec mission runner can't get his source of income taken away...
Roll