These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Changes for Naga and amarr Battleships

Author
Sergant Steel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-03-01 20:11:59 UTC
Hey all.

Personally i think the naga should be a large missile platform because the teir 3's seem to follow their races style/speciality.

Secondly i have noticed the minmatar have a better drone battleship than the amarr typhoon vs armageddon. Personally i feel that the apoc should have more drones as it does not have a damage bonus like the abbadon and the armageddon. Maybe give it 125 bandwith and 200 drone bay to allow 5 heavies/sentreis 5 meds and 5 lights so its better than the typhoon but not as good as the dominix and if this does happen may i suggest a change for the apoc navy issue to follow suit (just change bandwith and bay). Lemme know what you think.

Thanks, SteelRoll
Qaidan Alenko
Eezo-Lution Inc.
#2 - 2013-03-01 20:18:52 UTC
Sergant Steel wrote:
Hey all.

Personally i think the naga should be a large missile platform because the teir 3's seem to follow their races style/speciality.

Thanks, SteelRoll

Perhaps when Missiles can do near instant damage... then perhaps. But until then...
Go ahead... Get your Wham on!!!
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-03-01 20:22:58 UTC
CCP said no to a missile Naga, during development, post development, during proposed rebalance talks, and will say no to it again.
They are large gun ships and are quite good at that, Leave them alone.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Sergant Steel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-03-01 20:26:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Sergant Steel
Okay about the naga was just a suggestion after all lol. Big smile I must admit i do like the nagas range and shield tank aswell but true sniping comes with the oracle by far.

What about the battleship rebalancing tho?Straight
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-03-01 20:33:54 UTC
I would expect that the typhoon will loose most of its drone bay as they want to remove the jack of all trades label from it.
An Amarr battle ship, as to not compete with the Dominix on any level, would get 100Mbps of bandwidth and 300~400 drone bay. Which would be a downgrade in DPS but an upgrade in versatility so it is kind of choose your poison.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Sergant Steel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-03-01 20:35:17 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
I would expect that the typhoon will loose most of its drone bay as they want to remove the jack of all trades label from it.
An Amarr battle ship, as to not compete with the Dominix on any level, would get 100Mbps of bandwidth and 300~400 drone bay. Which would be a downgrade in DPS but an upgrade in versatility so it is kind of choose your poison.


Yeh i like that idea lol my dad uses the typhoon an says its a better mission boat than tempest....when this rebalance happining lol
Sergant Steel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-03-01 20:45:57 UTC
Also would you say upgrading the Apoc's drone capabilities is more reasonable than Abaddon or Armageddon since they have damage bonuses already.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2013-03-01 23:07:34 UTC
has CCP not already stated that the amarr battleship lineup looks good as is? and that any amarr drone battleship would be a new hull?


also, if anything would have to become a drone boat it would be the abaddon since it has the hangars on the front on both sides. (abaddon always made me think of a baby battlestar)
Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-03-01 23:27:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonas Sukarala
the Armageddon already has 125mb drone bandwidth and the apoc is a sniper

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#10 - 2013-03-01 23:33:35 UTC
While Armageddon seems like a good drone ship on paper, in reality is not. It gets no bonuses to drones, either damage or hitpoints. Also it has 125m3 bandwidth and exactly 125m3 of cargo bay. Now you may think "Great, that's a full flight of sentries!" and that's true... but every experienced drone captain knows that sentries are not the end-all answer to everything, especially when little frigates swarm you and start scrambling you. At close range your sentries are just as useless as your oversized laser turrets. You're basically screwed at that point unless you can pull some lights or mediums out of your pocket, and you won't have any.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#11 - 2013-03-02 18:00:58 UTC
Dev posts/blogs hinted the phoon would end up closer to a post rebalancing oversized cyclone - missiles and some drone capabilities but not as heavy drone capabilities as it has now - so probably something along the lines of 150m3/75mbit or 100/100.

One thing I've been thinking lately - would be nice to see a bit of a shake up when it comes to amarr and drones (and drones in general) for instance amarr drone boats would get something like:

5% bonus per level to Amarr drone damage and mwd velocity
10% per level to the effectiveness of energy neutraliser and tracking disruptor drones

and then change up cal ecm boats so they end up something like this for the falcon:

20% bonus to ecm target jammer strength per level (down from 30)
10% per level to the effectivness of ecm drones

Then give the falcon an increase to drone capabilities to say 75/50 - now the falcon can be partially countered by smartbombs, etc. tho does give it some potentially to keep something jammed and apply okish dps if they used damage drones which would need balancing.


These numbers haven't been worked out just rough examples.
Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#12 - 2013-03-02 18:33:58 UTC
Sergant Steel wrote:
Hey all.

Personally i think the naga should be a large missile platform because the teir 3's seem to follow their races style/speciality.



and rokh is the tier 3 caldari BS....what a strange coincidence they match up.

Don't say phoenix as a come back...most of its pilots hope one of these days ccp will post a blog saying patch xyz will have it be a gun based dread. The cries of joy would be deafening.





Many people on sisi ran the initial test missile naga and did not like it. Gun naga much better recieved. Also in case you missed it an adequate gun ship sub bs was lacking for caldari. Naga was a much needed gun based sub bs.
Sinigr Shadowsong
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-03-02 18:39:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Sinigr Shadowsong
Large missiles are bad. Just bad as Motorcycle at a peaks of Himalayas. That's why there are no missile Tier3 BC.

To amarr ships: I personally think amarr BS lineup is plain boring.

Armageddon: passive armor tank laser damage slow movement.
Apocalypse: passive armor tank laser damage slow movement.
Abaddon: passive armor tank laser damage slow movement.

No imagination, no variety, no complexity. I understand that those ships have their flavours, but to me it's just like:
- Fish with vegetables
- Fish with potato
- Fish with salad
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2013-03-02 19:22:39 UTC
Sinigr Shadowsong wrote:
Large missiles are bad. Just bad as Motorcycle at a peaks of Himalayas. That's why there are no missile Tier3 BC.

To amarr ships: I personally think amarr BS lineup is plain boring.

Armageddon: passive armor tank laser damage slow movement.
Apocalypse: passive armor tank laser damage slow movement.
Abaddon: passive armor tank laser damage slow movement.

No imagination, no variety, no complexity. I understand that those ships have their flavours, but to me it's just like:
- Fish with vegetables
- Fish with potato
- Fish with salad

Well, glad your not in charge of rebalancing then.

cause in reality, each ship has a set of functions it an do better than either of the other two, yes their is alot of universal roles they all accomplish mroe or less equally, but they still each have their own roles and fittings.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#15 - 2013-03-02 20:59:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Little Dragon Khamez
please leave my Naga alone, after all of the rebalancing, (so called buffs) and stealth nerfs to active tanking and overt nerfs like the heavy missile rebalancing, my Naga is the only I have that is still works as intended.

Still it's not all bad, I now run L4 missions in a ferox and just recycled an Armageddon into scrap as it caps out faster than garfield eats lasagne.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2013-03-03 07:42:47 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
please leave my Naga alone, after all of the rebalancing, (so called buffs) and stealth nerfs to active tanking and overt nerfs like the heavy missile rebalancing, my Naga is the only I have that is still works as intended.

Still it's not all bad, I now run L4 missions in a ferox and just recycled an Armageddon into scrap as it caps out faster than garfield eats lasagne.

What are your skills at, and what was your fit? there is no reason for a mission-fit armageddon to cap-out in a short enough period of time to warrant scuttling the boat. If your flying battleships, im going to assume all your engineering and gunnery skills are at V, and its just a bad fit, because seriously, a decent fit can keep the guns plus a decent tank active for a good 15 minutes.

(also, as far as the geddon goes, it generally helps to only PULSE the repper so you finish the mission at about 60% armor that you can rep up on the way back to the station, IMO any decent DPS/tank setup on ana rmor ship will require pulsing an armor repairer, aswell as V skills across the baord, but again, its battleships, you should already have all V's)
Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-03-03 07:49:08 UTC
Sergant Steel wrote:
Personally i think the naga should be a large missile platform because the teir 3's seem to follow their races style/speciality.


No. Caldari use railguns too, Naga fits.

Quote:
Secondly i have noticed the minmatar have a better drone battleship than the amarr typhoon vs armageddon. Personally i feel that the apoc should have more drones as it does not have a damage bonus like the abbadon and the armageddon. Maybe give it 125 bandwith and 200 drone bay to allow 5 heavies/sentreis 5 meds and 5 lights so its better than the typhoon but not as good as the dominix and if this does happen may i suggest a change for the apoc navy issue to follow suit (just change bandwith and bay).


No. Typhoon is getting changed and the Amarr "droneboat" is Armageddon, not Apocalypse.
Sergant Steel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-03-03 08:24:21 UTC
Zan Shiro wrote:
Sergant Steel wrote:
Hey all.

Personally i think the naga should be a large missile platform because the teir 3's seem to follow their races style/speciality.



and rokh is the tier 3 caldari BS....what a strange coincidence they match up.

I meant the bc's
Sergant Steel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-03-03 08:40:33 UTC
Caitlyn Tufy wrote:
Sergant Steel wrote:
Personally i think the naga should be a large missile platform because the teir 3's seem to follow their races style/speciality.


No. Caldari use railguns too, Naga fits.

Quote:
Secondly i have noticed the minmatar have a better drone battleship than the amarr typhoon vs armageddon. Personally i feel that the apoc should have more drones as it does not have a damage bonus like the abbadon and the armageddon. Maybe give it 125 bandwith and 200 drone bay to allow 5 heavies/sentreis 5 meds and 5 lights so its better than the typhoon but not as good as the dominix and if this does happen may i suggest a change for the apoc navy issue to follow suit (just change bandwith and bay).


No. Typhoon is getting changed and the Amarr "droneboat" is Armageddon, not Apocalypse.

actually i think u will find the prefered mission boat cos of drones is the apoc especially navy issue then u can have 3 sentries and 5 lights
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#20 - 2013-03-03 09:59:47 UTC
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
please leave my Naga alone, after all of the rebalancing, (so called buffs) and stealth nerfs to active tanking and overt nerfs like the heavy missile rebalancing, my Naga is the only I have that is still works as intended.

Still it's not all bad, I now run L4 missions in a ferox and just recycled an Armageddon into scrap as it caps out faster than garfield eats lasagne.

What are your skills at, and what was your fit? there is no reason for a mission-fit armageddon to cap-out in a short enough period of time to warrant scuttling the boat. If your flying battleships, im going to assume all your engineering and gunnery skills are at V, and its just a bad fit, because seriously, a decent fit can keep the guns plus a decent tank active for a good 15 minutes.

(also, as far as the geddon goes, it generally helps to only PULSE the repper so you finish the mission at about 60% armor that you can rep up on the way back to the station, IMO any decent DPS/tank setup on ana rmor ship will require pulsing an armor repairer, aswell as V skills across the baord, but again, its battleships, you should already have all V's)


It goes without saying that I have elite gunnery and engineering skills I am an amarr player, naturally enough I have cross trained into other disciplines and can fly the ships of other races, despite this I can't get 15 mins out of an Armageddon unless the hold is packed full of cap boosters so I would be interested in seeing your fit. The point I was trying to make was that a ferox is a better mission ship than an Armageddon and the naga if passive tanked and used at range is awesome and is now my preferred mission runner. I love lasers but they are too cap heavy. The naga with rails fitted does comparable damage and manages cap better.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

12Next page