These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stealth change: all NPC prices went up

First post
Author
Shadow Lord77
Shadow Industries I
#81 - 2013-03-13 10:54:32 UTC
It's not a bad change. What's wrong is that they made the changes on the test server first so anyone who went on the test server to see what was coming up had insider knowledge of this change. They should have kept it off the test server if they didn't want to pre-release patch notes of this change. I think.
Jita Bloodtear
Bloodtear Labs
#82 - 2013-03-14 00:46:53 UTC
Shadow Lord77 wrote:
It's not a bad change. What's wrong is that they made the changes on the test server first so anyone who went on the test server to see what was coming up had insider knowledge of this change. They should have kept it off the test server if they didn't want to pre-release patch notes of this change. I think.

Isn't everything on the test server markets 100isk? Wouldn't that effectively give absolutely no pre-warning of these changes? Not that I mind too horribly, I gained 73bil in value due to these changes
Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#83 - 2013-03-14 03:50:19 UTC
Jita Bloodtear wrote:
Shadow Lord77 wrote:

Isn't everything on the test server markets 100isk? Wouldn't that effectively give absolutely no pre-warning of these changes? Not that I mind too horribly, I gained 73bil in value due to these changes

the prices for the test server are only for a select number of stations, the rest of the stations on the test server have normal pricing.
Arronicus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-03-14 09:10:52 UTC
Rutger Janssen wrote:
Still no word from CCP on an issue that affects 100% of the eve population.

I do love how he tried to make it out like this was a big deal, that had a noticable impact on more than a tiny handful of eve players. The vast majority of us, Even industrialists, don't notice much when a particular skillbook has gone up 3%, or a particular blueprint has gone down by 5%. It's often not a repeat purchase, and doesn't have much tangible affect.

Shame, really, that a shitthread like this by a demanding scrub got a CCP reply, when many decent discussion threads don't.
Rutger Janssen
Chanuur
Goonswarm Federation
#85 - 2013-03-17 04:49:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Rutger Janssen
Arronicus wrote:
Rutger Janssen wrote:
Still no word from CCP on an issue that affects 100% of the eve population.

I do love how he tried to make it out like this was a big deal, that had a noticable impact on more than a tiny handful of eve players. The vast majority of us, Even industrialists, don't notice much when a particular skillbook has gone up 3%, or a particular blueprint has gone down by 5%. It's often not a repeat purchase, and doesn't have much tangible affect.

Shame, really, that a shitthread like this by a demanding scrub got a CCP reply, when many decent discussion threads don't.

As shown in this thread, me and a couple would have expected this to be mentioned in the patch notes. Sure, not many people will care much about 10% price change, but everyone is affected in a small way. It was an easy to see change that confused people and it was unclear what the intention and results were. If we assume a 5%(just took a number between 0 and 10%) increase accross all NPC skillbooks and blueprints, this means an increase of 20b isk a day.

I think that more people would like to have known about that than that a typo was fixed in an item description, and that makes it to the patch notes. I'm aware that CCP doesn't put everything they fixed in the patch notes, (didn't see that the division filter in change blueprint window was fixed not not just show hangars with take access or corp asset windows to show no items in the current region after a fresh install don't make it to the patch notes either) but I would have expected it to be mentioned in the patch notes (afterwards!). After all, it's the list with changes....

According to the official forum rules(rule 15), either CCP didn't think this was an issue, they believed the community didn't need to know about it or planly forgot about mentioning it. It definatly isn't the last as the patch notes still haven't been augmented. Reader may decide which of the 3 it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm indifferent about the change as I don't care about balancing, many other players are better able to judge them. However I do care about striving to excellence, which shows in the small things, like mentioning important changes in patch notes, but also fixing all the small bugs in eve. Whoever fixed those 2 small issues mentioned above, thank you, your work didn't go unnoticed :)

However sadly CCP doesn't seem to care that much about that. Otherwise it wouldn't have taken 2 years to change a few nulls in 0 and swap around some 0 and 1's.

I have to admit, my posting was sensationalist. However as you mentioned you need to go through great lengths to get a reply from the devs on an unpopular topic. However the thread did serve it's purpose partially. It got clarification on the intended behaviour and informed the people that the NPC prices got changed(intentionally).

Sadly, I doubt it will change anything to CCP's publishing of the patch notes as they didn't even retroactivily changed them. Guess not enough people care about being told every change/nerf and CCP not telling the complete truth. Reminds me, still need to check out what happened to cloak+ AoE weapons, another thing that could have been a bug introduction/stealth change/exploit fix which was never mentioned except for 1 thread in general discussion and maybe some bug reports.

And regarding CCP, them responding to "shitthreads", is not the only shame. I heared stories that people get reimbursed for the same issue, only because they kept harrasing the GM.
Ever tried to get CCP to fix that caused you to loose about 800m(this was in 2010) in materials without a single trace on the server? Have fun being ignored, they won't look into it.
Lost SP because skill queue didn't start/restart having it both running and not running? Sorry, that was reported by me in march 2010 when I fairly new and couldn't be reproduced so devs don't look into it.
Waiting months for a reply on a petition because the category requires a lot of time per issue? Too bad, won't hire/train more people to be able to process them.
Almost forgot to mention the EULA that even according a GM is overdue for revisement.
Maybe this gives you better idea why I seemed like a "demanding scrub".

And yes, CCP did some excellent changes, but it's the small things they're dropping the ball on.

I have no idea what kind of discussion threads you're talking about and I don't know why CCP doesn't respond to them, but I can imagine that they feel they won't contribute much to the thread. Or if they respond with CCP tag, people might get the wrong ideas that it's being discussed within CCP, that it will be implemented etc. They might already be posting with their non CCP characters.... They say they do read those threads.

As in this case, I do think that a reply from CCP was warranted and did help: It set something straight that was incorrect and clarrified an undocumented change. No player could have given that information.

I'll also let the personal insult slide (as in not flag the post), as it did make me reply, which you probably expected :)