These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Fix Null > Nerf Hi

First post First post
Author
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#1 - 2013-02-21 19:23:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Katran Luftschreck
Let's be honest here people (even if only because you need to take a break from ISK scamming every once in a while)...

It seems you can't go 24 hours without some ganker posting another tired "nerf hisec" thread. It's tired. It's old. We're talking Yoda levels of old, ok? And I say gankers because that's who it really is in the end: Gankers who ignore things like wardecs, can flipping, dueling and crimewatch so that they can still put on blinders when claiming that "there isn't enough PvP/risk in hisec" and then try to scrape together the same old tired (chorus) arguments that have nothing to do with their real motivation for the only area where hisec PvP hasn't been made easier (i.e.: ganking).

The saddest arguments they use end up pointing out some weird relationship to the situation in nullsec. Ok, we get that. You have problems in null. For whatever reason, be it gate camps, sov mechanics, titan blobs, moon goo, feudalism, whatever your beef is... it's there. I believe you when you say that these are all problems.

So let's focus on talking about ways to fixing those problems. Let's focus on fixing the things that are actually broken for the people who live & work out there everyday and thus have to deal with it everyday. Pretty much everyone actually living in null faces the problems in null. That's a pretty big demographic, relatively speaking. The only people who are complaining about "problems" in hisec are gankers who think that having to use more than one suicide Catalyst to blow up... well, anything, really... is a "problem." Pretty much everyone actually living in hisec except for the gankers don't see this as a problem.

In other words, you have one area where the majority has a problem with current mechanics. You have another area where majority does not have a problem with current mechanics. So let's put on our logic hats for a minute and ask ourselves: Where should CCP be pointing their screwdrivers?

Of course this won't change anything on GD, of course. The gankers won't be getting their wish for permanent seal hunting season and so will continue to chant their cobweb covered litany about how hisec is "too safe." But it will probably help the area where there actually are problems and make more customers happier out in null. And if fixing null keeps things interesting enough that their permanent residents stop making alt toons to go bully people in hisec out of sheer boredom (and the whine threads that go with it) then that can only be a good thing for both hisec and nullsec. It's a win-win. Well, except for the gankers... but honestly, who cares about those guys?

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-02-21 19:38:16 UTC
The big issue of EVE: These kinds of threads.

The worst issue of EVE: Posting a GD thread in NCQA.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Fractal Muse
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-02-21 19:52:31 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
The big issue of EVE: These kinds of threads.

The worst issue of EVE: Posting a GD thread in NCQA.

You totally beat me to it.

:(

I wonder if the OP realizes which forum they posted in.
Slymah
DorpCorp
#4 - 2013-02-21 20:01:49 UTC
Fractal Muse wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
The big issue of EVE: These kinds of threads.

The worst issue of EVE: Posting a GD thread in NCQA.

You totally beat me to it.

:(

I wonder if the OP realizes which forum they posted in.



Your face portrays the pain and sorrow I felt when I read this thread.
Lost Greybeard
Drunken Yordles
#5 - 2013-02-21 20:15:51 UTC
Wow, I'll never complain that Eve is behind on MMO technology ever again.

Because apparently they've invented magical time portals, for people to make posts from 2005 when Sov null wasn't significantly safer than high-sec yet.
Dasola
New Edens Freeports
#6 - 2013-02-21 20:38:24 UTC
Dont let these nerf highsec threads bother you. CCP knows full well if they nerf highsec they are going to loose a lot paying gamers.. Not everyone wants to move to nullsec or lowsec even if they would get buffed seriously.

But thats the best part of eve, it has 4 distinct gameing area for different player types. Highsec, lowsec, nullsec and wormhole space. All these require little different type of players.



Nullsec is mostly about war, ok its too damn peacefull currently, but sooner or later big war will break out somewhere there.
Someone will be bored enough to consider going to war just to get change of pace for while.

Lowsec is about faction warfare and piracy

Highsec is about industry and misison running

Wormhole space is about adventure, can you survive in difficult enviroment where even logistics is challenge?



Yes i do believe nullsec and lowsec could use some more developer attention and ideas to make them more interesting. But when does CCP get arround to do it? Who knows, They have a lot of things needing fixing and iterations in work list.

We are Minmatar, Our ship are made of scraps, but look what our scraps can do...

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#7 - 2013-02-21 22:39:02 UTC
Moving this from New Citizens Q&A to General Discussion.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-02-21 22:44:20 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Moving this from New Citizens Q&A to General Discussion.


Thank you..

* Opens door to the troll * Come in please, make yourself at home.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#9 - 2013-02-21 22:49:26 UTC
Do both.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#10 - 2013-02-21 22:50:54 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Moving this from New Citizens Q&A to General Discussion.


Dorrim, bud, seriously.... we needed another one of these in here? Really?

This pretty much proves that the ISDs are the biggest trolls of them all.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Vyktor Abyss
The Abyss Corporation
#11 - 2013-02-21 22:51:53 UTC
Fix Void first tbh - Null works quite well.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#12 - 2013-02-21 22:58:51 UTC
Nullsec can't be fixed in isolation to the rest of the game. OP is clueless enough that he could be Trebor's alt and out of touch with reality, implying he's Ripard. Could you post with your main next time, please?

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-02-21 23:03:08 UTC
Confirming that both high and low sec are absolutely fine.

I assume wormholes are the same, given the lack of wormhole dwellers posting "nerf highsec" threads.
Kate stark
#14 - 2013-02-21 23:06:01 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Moving this from New Citizens Q&A to General Discussion.


Dorrim, bud, seriously.... we needed another one of these in here? Really?

This pretty much proves that the ISDs are the biggest trolls of them all.


isn't it part of the forum rules to lock duplicate threads?

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#15 - 2013-02-21 23:06:33 UTC
These threads start to sound all the same.

Fix Herp !
Nerf Derp !

Followed by 20 pages of hurr and durr.
Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#16 - 2013-02-21 23:32:24 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Gankers who ignore things like wardecs, can flipping, dueling and crimewatch so that they can still put on blinders when claiming that "there isn't enough PvP/risk in hisec" and then try to scrape together the same old tired (chorus) arguments that have nothing to do with their real motivation for the only area where hisec PvP hasn't been made easier (i.e.: ganking).
I couldn't read past this point, both because you equate any of the things you listed with risk (especially duelling, wtf), and because with just this much I have already filled my internet spaceship's tear hold.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

45thtiger 0109
Pandemic Legion
#17 - 2013-02-21 23:47:16 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
These threads start to sound all the same.

Fix Herp !
Nerf Derp !

Followed by 20 pages of hurr and durr.


And Troll a lol a lol Big smileLol

**You Have to take the good with the bad and the bad with the good.

Welcome to EvE OnLiNe**

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2013-02-21 23:49:58 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Nullsec can't be fixed in isolation to the rest of the game.

This.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

SoOza N'GasZ
L F C
Ethereal Dawn
#19 - 2013-02-22 00:03:35 UTC
Slymah wrote:
Fractal Muse wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
The big issue of EVE: These kinds of threads.

The worst issue of EVE: Posting a GD thread in NCQA.

You totally beat me to it.

:(

I wonder if the OP realizes which forum they posted in.



Your face portrays the pain and sorrow I felt when I read this thread.


^^

Legba

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-02-22 00:05:15 UTC
To fix null high must be nerfed.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

123Next pageLast page