These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

PvE little things

First post First post
Author
Turelus
Utassi Security
#261 - 2014-10-26 10:35:07 UTC
Not entirely PVE or a little thing but...

Let NullSec sov holders rent agents for their stations/outposts much like how the current bidding system works with the research teams. This would let you have more players/system for PVE than anomalies do whilst adding more gameplay mechanics for non-ship based PVP (bidding on enemies agents to stop their PVE etc.).

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Arcos Vandymion
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#262 - 2014-10-30 09:49:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Arcos Vandymion
Heather Austrene wrote:
When I mine I find the belt rats really irritating. They don't drop anything worth moving a barge to pick up or any salvage worth carrying a salvage drone. And they aren't strong enough to threaten a barge unless it is entirely untanked with no drones and afk for a really long time. With any tank on the barge at all there is no reason to kill them at all except to shut up all the noise they make.

Give them a dps boost and require more than a single T1 drone to kill, and have them occasionally drop something interesting. Heck throw the occasional one in that may actually make a max yield fit retriever have to warp off. Keep us miners awake.


All NPCs are currently really weak-ish. Pirate Rookie frigates have just a sliver more total raw HP than my Pod has shields.



above post sounds interessting. The problem I see is that if you say for example bit on an Amarr agent somewhere in Gurista 0.0 that would be a bit storybreaking. Sure the Amarr hire against Guristas as well in Hi but I doubt they would lead a crusade against them simply because and in an area that is so far away.

Alternatively cycling agents (randomly) that come by because someone they really hate is messing around in your area would be cool. Sounds a bit incursion with a bit of shadowrun-ish mixed in but would make more sense. One could use the SoF to create pirate carriers and dread and stuff to blow up (these would at least explain how the pirate faction has managed to get so many ships into the system/area in such a short time).
Like the Minmatar sending their variant of Mr. Smith (shadowrun term for a mission broker that goes undercover) to combat some Angels that escaped from a strike in minmatar space with several carriers and stuff and hires the local populace to end part of Angel activity once and for all.





NPC webbing drones use caldari models for some reason. Shouldn't they be minmatar models?
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#263 - 2014-11-03 15:33:29 UTC
Valterra Craven wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:


I can't respond to everything :) but if you read the patch notes, we are fixing things mentioned in this thread


Can you respond on if little things can also be bugs? (Aka are you only working on improvements or can you also work on bugs as well?)

Its seems like the Epic Arcs could use a once over QA pass.

I've had to submit alot of tickets over the years for not getting my proper standings for the amarr, minie, and gal epic arcs standings at the end.



If it's a bug it should be filed as a bug report - that will be the quickest way to get it fixed

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#264 - 2014-11-03 16:13:16 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Valterra Craven wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:


I can't respond to everything :) but if you read the patch notes, we are fixing things mentioned in this thread


Can you respond on if little things can also be bugs? (Aka are you only working on improvements or can you also work on bugs as well?)

Its seems like the Epic Arcs could use a once over QA pass.

I've had to submit alot of tickets over the years for not getting my proper standings for the amarr, minie, and gal epic arcs standings at the end.



If it's a bug it should be filed as a bug report - that will be the quickest way to get it fixed

n years is not quick by any definition.

Where n=the number of years since epic arcs were introduced. Cba to look it up right now.
Lucius Uta
KarmaFleet University
#265 - 2014-11-06 11:24:30 UTC
Epic Arc missions are set to never expire, and yet you can repeat them every 3 months. On the other hand, COSMOS missions you can do only once in your character's lifetime, and they still have a 7 days deadline like normal missions. I would be really pleased if CCP would change COSMOS missions so they cannot expire.
Replacement 234
Tremor Recorded
#266 - 2014-11-08 01:45:15 UTC
So many pages of good ideas and did not read them all. Please forgive me if this is a repeat.

Give storyline mods value. it would be nice to put them between T2 and faction. Very disappointing to get a storyline item which is less useful than t1.

Thank you.
Ix Method
Doomheim
#267 - 2014-11-08 11:03:22 UTC
Give all Mining Agent/Corp stations factories. They could be such cool, vibrant little hubs for startup indy corps.

I know its not strictly PVE but its all kinda related, you know? :)

Travelling at the speed of love.

Ed MarKeen
East Domain Inc.
#268 - 2014-12-23 11:30:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ed MarKeen
I skipped some pages, then maybe was already told...

add a mission counter or mission stats somewhere in the UI (character sheet, journal, agent finder...)

Is a bit annoying that we have to use external resources, like text files, excel, post-it or abacus to count faction missions when we want to know when will be the 16th mission that bring to the storyline.

Can be useful for people that wish to balance standing with each empire faction.
Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#269 - 2014-12-24 14:00:10 UTC
Ed MarKeen wrote:
I skipped some pages, then maybe was already told...

add a mission counter or mission stats somewhere in the UI (character sheet, journal, agent finder...)

Is a bit annoying that we have to use external resources, like text files, excel, post-it or abacus to count faction missions when we want to know when will be the 16th mission that bring to the storyline.

Can be useful for people that wish to balance standing with each empire faction.

You don't have to use external resources: click character sheet, check standings, right-click corp/faction, check latest transactions.
Ed MarKeen
East Domain Inc.
#270 - 2014-12-24 20:28:29 UTC
Yourmoney Mywallet wrote:
Ed MarKeen wrote:
I skipped some pages, then maybe was already told...

add a mission counter or mission stats somewhere in the UI (character sheet, journal, agent finder...)

Is a bit annoying that we have to use external resources, like text files, excel, post-it or abacus to count faction missions when we want to know when will be the 16th mission that bring to the storyline.

Can be useful for people that wish to balance standing with each empire faction.

You don't have to use external resources: click character sheet, check standings, right-click corp/faction, check latest transactions.


Is not exactly the same thing, you see the list of the missions done for each corp or faction, but determine the number of missions before next storyline is not so immediate, and if doing missions for different corp of same faction you still have to calculate externally. Last but not least, the log is cleared after some time.
Burning Furry
United Stellar Federation
The Rogue University
#271 - 2015-01-05 14:08:32 UTC
1 - For missions that have varying enemy types: Can the angels/gurista/serpentis/sansha icon be made larger? Currently tiny, and difficult to read.

2 - Mission risk is very vague. Some missions with 1.2 mill payout are greatly more difficult than missions with a larger payout. Adjust payout to be linearly related to difficulty.
Jita info
Fallen Angels corp
#272 - 2015-01-11 09:05:25 UTC
We already have Squad Warp,could you also add Squad jump and Squad dock

also on the mission the rouge slavetrader there are a battleship jumping in after 10minutes could you reduse it to Three as the mission are done in 1-2minutes 10 is too long of a wait to be Worth it
Elbie Klep
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#273 - 2015-01-14 21:23:30 UTC
Agent finder should allow search in a specific region. Or at least identify the region on the agent in the listing.

Salvage desperately needs a single menu item for: open cargo can; select all; drag to ship cargo

Agents should not offer missions that were previously declined. At a minimum, they should not offer previously declined missions with increasing frequency. (I have had to switch agents twice because they got down to offering the same previously declined missions 30+% of the time -- sometimes the very next offered mission would be the same one I just declined!)

L4 and L5 agents should not offer kill missions with ship limitations. We already did those missions at L1, L2, and L3 in getting to an L4 agent. Besides, they don't pay enough to be worth running anyway, so you end up declining them. [BTW, there is a very real reason for not wanting ship restrictions on L4s. When running for NPC standings, you need to switch stations frequently, often 12+ jumps. You don't need yet another ship to move. (I know courier missions are faster for raising standings, but I don't want my mind to turn to mush.)]

Once a target is displayed at the top of the screen, it should not move when a target to the right goes away. (Adding targets should go to the next available empty spot from the right.) This is really maddening in salvage as the targets are constantly jumping out from under the mouse click. It can also be critically important in combat when you select the wrong target for weapons. [Note that when using both drones and turrets, the targets are almost always different and the targets are moving relative to one another, so distances change.Thus you have to look for the target in the display anyway, as opposed to assuming the next one to the left is fine.]
Salan Zorth
SpaceSlackers
#274 - 2015-01-15 10:58:08 UTC
Searched the forums and could not find this in any thread/topic so far (might have missed it, but hope I will not do a double post..?)

When missioning with friends I can choose to split ISK among involved parties (max 10 ways) and we get some standing towards something I think when shooting stuff... BUT, and here is my core question: Why do I not get my fair share of Loyalty Points??

I think that I was about just as loyal as the mission holder towards the mission issuer when I blew those pesky Guristas out of existance... I was showing loyalty when remotely repairing my friend, the mission holder, when he was taking a bad beating from those dreaded rats.... So why is it that I can not get some loyalty love from the mission issuer?!?

Can we please incorporate ISK, repuration gains/losses AND Loyalty Point rewards for everyone to share in the fleet..??

Would make fleeting up with friends a much more "fair" experience...

Raymond Moons
Parallactic Veil
#275 - 2015-01-16 11:02:17 UTC
Elbie Klep wrote:
Agent finder should allow search in a specific region. Or at least identify the region on the agent in the listing.

Salvage desperately needs a single menu item for: open cargo can; select all; drag to ship cargo

Agents should not offer missions that were previously declined. At a minimum, they should not offer previously declined missions with increasing frequency. (I have had to switch agents twice because they got down to offering the same previously declined missions 30+% of the time -- sometimes the very next offered mission would be the same one I just declined!)

L4 and L5 agents should not offer kill missions with ship limitations. We already did those missions at L1, L2, and L3 in getting to an L4 agent. Besides, they don't pay enough to be worth running anyway, so you end up declining them. [BTW, there is a very real reason for not wanting ship restrictions on L4s. When running for NPC standings, you need to switch stations frequently, often 12+ jumps. You don't need yet another ship to move. (I know courier missions are faster for raising standings, but I don't want my mind to turn to mush.)]

Once a target is displayed at the top of the screen, it should not move when a target to the right goes away. (Adding targets should go to the next available empty spot from the right.) This is really maddening in salvage as the targets are constantly jumping out from under the mouse click. It can also be critically important in combat when you select the wrong target for weapons. [Note that when using both drones and turrets, the targets are almost always different and the targets are moving relative to one another, so distances change.Thus you have to look for the target in the display anyway, as opposed to assuming the next one to the left is fine.]


Salvage is fine the way it is. It's not like we have to band select and drag and drop anymore. Stop being lazy. With regards to L4 and 5 agents offering kill missions with ship restrictions; I want to see more of them. We didn't use t2/t3 ships at L1/2/3 and there'd be no point going back to do so. We need more reasons to fly smaller than BS/Capital ships in missions. An option to lock target placement in the UI might be interesting though.
Little Kicks
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#276 - 2015-01-18 21:25:47 UTC
Can we get an intercept button? Somehow we can calculate how to sling a projectile over 100km from one moving ship to another, but my ship can only tail-chase another? Intercept could plot the closest point of approach and go there. Even if it only updated every second or so. It would be nice. Thanks.
Brown Pathfinder
Black Spot on Parchment
#277 - 2015-01-20 10:21:34 UTC
Im not sure if this goes here but here goes...
Viziam corp doesnt have a level 3 security agent and I feel its sad since when working on the occasional mission i got to be content with level 2 agents.

And im not confident my omen will be able to work through a level 4.
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#278 - 2015-02-16 20:00:01 UTC
I got one. The probe scanner. It needs more filter options.

I like to run 2 toons doing seperate anomalies in null and low, so i filete rout all the anomalies I don't want. On won character I might have all "Hubs" and on another all "rally points"..

As I complete the sites new ones pop up, on BOTH clients. It would be nice to be able to set a filter that says "show only X anomaly" and can set it to a single thing or multiples liker show all havens and sanctums or show all dens and burrows.
chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#279 - 2015-02-22 17:43:20 UTC
As a QoL improvement, could it be made so that significant structures in missions are on the overview by default, or have their own category which only contains significant structures?

For example:
* Force fields
* the damsel's structure
* the outpost in L3 retribution
* Various structures in L3 Extravaganzas
* The important structures in room 4 of Angel Extravaganza L4
Stuff like that
Little Kicks
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#280 - 2015-03-01 02:54:26 UTC
I have another QoL request: the penalty for declining missions is not fun.

The 4 hour mission penalty timer equates to me turning off EVE a lot sooner than I'd like. There are about four L4 Security agents in the region I'm willing to bounce around for missions. The current mission rejection timer means two bad missions within four hours means no more missions with that agent until the timer is dead. Then when I come back much later, one bad mission and it's time to wait.

"But you don't have to wait!" Of course not. A) I can take the big standing hit with every decline (9.9->9.0 and beyond), but now I get paid less for the missions I do take. B) I can take the "bad" mission: lose standings with other factions (and no bounties), waste my time on a boring mission, die in low sec...etc. Or, C) find another agent.

I enjoy running missions. It's a great way to play EVE when I only have an hour or two. Moving to a new mission hub, getting paid less per mission, or running missions that I think are not fun (A, B, C), are less fun than turning off the game and finding something else to do. I'd rather not ruin what has taken a long time to build, or waste time traveling.

Suggestions in rank order: No time/standing penalty, LP/isk fine, less non-fun missions, shorter timer. Obviously each of these would have greater consequences to capsuleers looking to blitz missions all day. I'm sure you guys could find some balance.

Sorry for the long post. I really just wanted to point out that part of the game is not fun.