These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Estimated Price - Please disable it for now.

First post
Author
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#81 - 2013-02-21 11:11:08 UTC
Sir Substance wrote:
You didn't read the thread. We can all tell.


You're right! In fact, I hardly ever read an entire thread. I read the OP and skip to responding to the OP. Why? Because I know that everything between the OP and my own will be nothing but trolling, so why bother?

Go ahead, try to tell me I'm wrong.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Mag's
Azn Empire
#82 - 2013-02-21 11:16:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Sir Substance wrote:
You didn't read the thread. We can all tell.


You're right! In fact, I hardly ever read an entire thread. I read the OP and skip to responding to the OP. Why? Because I know that everything between the OP and my own will be nothing but trolling, so why bother?

Go ahead, try to tell me I'm wrong.
You are wrong. Reading the thread would tell you that. Blink

As far as the OP is concerned, I agree with the majority in the thread. It works rather well as is and nothing makes you use it. If you wish to use, say Jita prices as a guide, then have an alt parked there.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Reiisha
#83 - 2013-02-21 14:32:37 UTC
Irya Boone wrote:
It could be More accurate , more usefull if

The system admit the existence of Hubs ( jita, rens , hek , amarr ,dodixie)
And set the estimated Price on the Top buy order in the NEAREST hub from You as simple as it.
or more simple Choose only one HUB .. you know which one i'm talking about and set the estimated price on the top buyer order.

Simple simple like a GM said : i'm sure it's only one Line code....


That's only for people who can't be bothered to a) move stuff and b) have patience.

Selling stuff outside of hubs can be very profitable.

And still, as other people have said, the feature it's meant to give an exact price, but a ballpark figure, and in this regard it works perfectly.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Ya Huei
Imperial Collective
#84 - 2013-02-21 15:54:03 UTC
You can copy and paste your inventory listing to google docs these days. From there on u can use API calls to eve-central for instance to pull up all sorts of pricing information.

If you're too lazy to spend some time to set this up, you probably aren't using this stuff for anything important anyway and shouldn't be whining on the forums about it in the first place.

Jalequin
Jalequin Corporation
#85 - 2013-02-21 17:06:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jalequin
Removing this feature would make it more difficult for people to know the rough average worth of their item stack.
Currently you only need to hover over it, removing it would mean you need to right-click view market to see the worth. More clicks for the same result.


What we do need is a way to sort them by stack worth. Better yet, have settings to allow us to see the highest buy order or lowest sell order if we wish.

Ya Huei wrote:
You can copy and paste your inventory listing to google docs these days. From there on u can use API calls to eve-central for instance to pull up all sorts of pricing information.

If you're too lazy to spend some time to set this up, you probably aren't using this stuff for anything important anyway and shouldn't be whining on the forums about it in the first place.


I'm interested in this, link please.

Mass Tests Videos: http://j.mp/14PE0uz - June 14th http://j.mp/10Db6ry - May 16th http://j.mp/19uIPJM - April 11th