These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Retribution 1.1 Issues

First post First post
Author
Richard Steath
Hessische Bergbaugesellschaft
#361 - 2013-02-23 19:31:33 UTC
I am running 3 clients on my pc, from time to time one client freezes and does not respond anymore. This happens since patch 1.1. Running windows vista, low graphic details.
Jayrod Sheeleg
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#362 - 2013-02-23 20:10:45 UTC
My client frequently fails to launch on my Mac.

Post-patch sometimes when I click "Play" in the launcher, the launcher disappears and nothing actually starts. Once this problem occurs it will not go away until I restart my computer.

Restarting temporarily fixes the problem sometimes, but not always.

I did not have this problem during the week that I played pre-patch.
Zoya Talvanen
Section 23
#363 - 2013-02-23 21:24:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Zoya Talvanen
NO you don't get to run around town hall naked nor do you get half a day off.

This issue is an issue

CYCLONE

5 Missile bays and 2 Hybrid turrets, fitted and loaded. When I exited Jita, I grouped the weapons.

I test fits against missions. L1 OK L2 OK but I was going to complain about the graphic for missile and gunfire showing only a single weapon.

Then a L3 mission... I spent 10 minutes putting down a Pithium Inferno. Then after I had kited everything away, I was left with this Pithatis Assassin. I started picking at him from 58km and he was repairing himself. I closed and switched from Tungsten to lead --ran out of missiles and reloaded with Mjolnir in place of scourge--still nothing--repairing as fast as I could damage him. So I switched to inferno and antimatter and went in to orbit closer... launched drones against a battlecruiser...

By the way, the missiles no longer responded to my mouse clicks--used the F1 key, then I noticed the damage the drones were doing was not that much less than my weapons... I ungrouped. ONE Bay was launching ONE Turret was firing. The others had what I had loaded into them when I left Jita.

With the weapons ungrouped, I dragged my fingernails across the F keys and the Pithatis assassin disappeared in 2 volleys.

That's D- performance for your UX team.
iKill Giants
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#364 - 2013-02-23 21:45:59 UTC
I am getting frequent Socket Closed errors, recently having cost me a ship during a fleet op. I have created a petition for this as well. They occur at random and often in groups, leading to another error as soon as I reconnect from the first.
Thomas Qne
Hybrid Flare
#365 - 2013-02-24 00:24:27 UTC
The high-slots of the Prophecy are "unsymmetric":
The prophecy has now only 5 High-Slots, which are set as follows:
2 Left (on the "Wing-Tip")
2 Middle
1 Right (on the "Wing-Tip")

The forward-middle should be moved to the right "wing", so it's 2 left, 1 middle, 2 right.

It's just an optical issue, but it looks strange and is easy to fix.

BR, Thomas
Sam Colt
Magrathean Industrial Complex
#366 - 2013-02-24 01:22:22 UTC
In the L1 mission "The Heiress" the Polygypsum is not recognized as obtained if it is in the ore hold of a Venture when you dock to complete the mission. Still not recognized if moved from the Ore Hold to the Items Hangar. The workaround is to place it in the Items Hangar, switch ships and then place it in the hold of the new ship. Instantly recognized.

Havar Thornkild
Smack Of All Trades
Absolute Glory
#367 - 2013-02-24 04:36:07 UTC
Ever since Retribution was deployed I have been DCing like 3-4 times an hour. My internet is stable and I don't have any problems with any other online programs, only EVE.
Michael Kashada
Namaste Foundation Corporation
#368 - 2013-02-24 05:35:05 UTC
I've noticed with the latest build that the sound is unstable on my system. Sometimes it works prefect and then it cuts out completely. I get an occasional return of sound, but it mostly does not exist. I also filed a bug report through the UI.
d'Arma Edd
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#369 - 2013-02-24 09:08:04 UTC
Bug:
1. Find asteroid belt or grav. site large enough to warp from one end to another.
2. Use survey scanner, not close results window.
3. Warp to another end of belt, use survey scanner again.
4. Bug! Out-of-range asteroids from first scan not disappear from results window.
Mindnut
Rockbiter Industries
#370 - 2013-02-24 12:09:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Mindnut
Richard Steath wrote:
I am running 3 clients on my pc, from time to time one client freezes and does not respond anymore. This happens since patch 1.1. Running windows vista, low graphic details.

I've been having same issue. Task manager says the application is not responding. Running Windows 7 (64)
Don't have to be running multiple clients for this to happen. Alt-tab out of the game for a bit and you can't get back.

There is also something wrong with the sound effects - noticable when running a mission. Half of thm is missing. I tried reseting the audio effects but it only helps for a bit. Seems they fail by random. Sometimes it's the drones annother time it's the turret sounds that are missing. When it comes to missiles the sounds of the explosions are cut off before they reach the end.

I've been also having more DC's than usual

Today - The Power of Two Tomorrow - 2 Hulks and an Orca

Rush Barrio
Doomheim
#371 - 2013-02-24 16:15:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Rush Barrio
Getting the Socket Closed error at the log-in screen still. The Log-in Process completes, but the Character selection page never loads. Then the Socket Closed Error pops up. I can log on once in a great while, but I get the error a minute or two after I'm logged in.

-EDIT- My alt has no issues logging in and staying logged in. Seems to be character specific.
STRANGEBRAIN
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#372 - 2013-02-24 16:27:01 UTC
i was eject and cannot reconnect during more than 1h... 2 times today
Japhet Hemanseh
Immaculate Industries
#373 - 2013-02-24 16:50:39 UTC
I am also getting two "Socket is closed"-errors, immediately before the client crashes.

Usually appears when something data-heavy like Market-details in Amarr/Jita is loading. No such problem yesterday.

I have tested this with two separate computers. Both running Windows 7 64bit.
Sven Eriksen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#374 - 2013-02-24 17:50:22 UTC
Games freezes intermittently. Seems to happen more often when idle (mining at a belt).

Running OSX 10.7.5 2.5 GHz i7
8 GB ram
AMD radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB

Tried 2 fresh installs. tweaked graphics and ran windowed and fullscreen. Nothing seems to help.
Rasmier
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#375 - 2013-02-24 23:05:54 UTC
Scanned down 3 Mul-Zatah complexes in blood space, and all three, since the "fix patch", the second room is no longer there, it just takes us to empty space
Joran Dravius
Doomheim
#376 - 2013-02-25 03:27:55 UTC
At first I thought the people complaining about drones were just noobs failing to adapt. Up until the last mission I did I had lost 2 drones total. I just lost 5 (not all at once) on the last mission and had to get help because my myrmidon is pretty much useless without drones. No matter what I did my drones got agro instantly. Small drones and medium drones same thing. I was too scared to even try heavies. Didn't matter if I had a red box on all the rats. Didn't matter if I was webbing and/or shooting them. They would immediately agro the drones as soon as said drones shot something no matter what I did. This is ridiculous and needs to be fixed or you might as well delete gallente ships from the game.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#377 - 2013-02-25 05:34:14 UTC
ProbIems I have had.

Ships in front of me onscreen but not on overview. (Had this bug twice)

20 man fleet camping a gate not showing in local. (Was just before the patch but figure I should mention it.)
Others have had the same bug.

Friendly POS started shooting me for ***** and giggles yesterday. (Also killed another friendly)
(Yes pw was entered and it's set up correctly etc etc....)
Poor Hookbill :(
It didn't stand a chance.
Freee Lancer
Pod Mods INC
#378 - 2013-02-25 06:48:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Freee Lancer
Problems i am having

Random client freeze - playing the game as per normal couple of clients open and 1 will randomly freeze and i will have to force close via the task manager.

I am running a core i7 3770 3.4ghz, 16gb ram, windows 8 x64, AMD HD 7800 GPU with a SSD.

I tried it on a second machine being core i7 3770 3.4 ghz, 16gb ram, windows 8 x64, Geforce GTX 560 ti GPU with SSD and the same issue.

I have never had this issue pre retribution 1.1.

Edit: There seems to be a lot more of the socket closed errors after the patch and not just 1 client but all at the same time.
BalanceofTao
#379 - 2013-02-25 07:21:55 UTC  |  Edited by: BalanceofTao
I am having a problem with setting waypoints, any location more than a few jumps away show as being unaccessable as if I were in a wormhole.

See the enclosed screenshots below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yiie5jao0otf0s1/2013.02.20.18.46.19.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aipb7vfy7hj5qla/2013.02.20.18.37.11.jpg

I am currently in jita 4-4 but opening My Assets it show that Ichoriya is 2147483647 jumps away.

I've tried clearing the cache but this problem persists.
MainDrain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#380 - 2013-02-25 09:37:20 UTC
BalanceofTao wrote:
I am having a problem with setting waypoints, any location more than a few jumps away show as being unaccessable as if I were in a wormhole.

See the enclosed screenshots below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yiie5jao0otf0s1/2013.02.20.18.46.19.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aipb7vfy7hj5qla/2013.02.20.18.37.11.jpg

I am currently in jita 4-4 but opening My Assets it show that Ichoriya is 2147483647 jumps away.

I've tried clearing the cache but this problem persists.

Have you checked your avoid settings on autopilot. Ive had that before, but its because i was set to avoid low sec, and avoid a system which acted as a bottleneck. In other words, no way of getting there.