These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Retribution 1.1 Feedback

First post
Author
Albert Wittmann
#561 - 2013-03-02 09:03:01 UTC
I miss my left eye since 1.1.4 ... someone saw my left eye?
Roseline Penshar
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#562 - 2013-03-02 13:15:54 UTC
there already ASB and AAR, how about AHR for hull tanking?
Tealji Tessaril
Natural Space Onsen Visitors
#563 - 2013-03-02 13:27:22 UTC
Since i am not a hardcore player like the most of the ppl here, i really don't understand all the pro and con of the changes. I mostly play sometimes and do some PvE with my Ferox. So i can only really give my opinions to the changes of the Ferox.

High slot and more Shield ... i thought cool
i logged in and ... no more missles.... why? (i didn't read every notification)

i can understand the focus on hybrid but why take away all missles? i used missles because some npc are more resistant against heat/kinetic dammage. now i am, if i am not missing some info as a casual player, limited heat/kinetic dammage.

also, even i don't do pvp, makes the loss of the missles the Ferox fully predictable in kind of dammge they deal in pvp?

In terms of nationality is in my opinion a caldari battle cruiser without missiles not caldari like. reducing the amount of missles hardpoints would have been ok, but taking away all i find quite hard. restricting to 2-3 would have been better.


Nago Gribben Ituin
Myself I and Me
#564 - 2013-03-02 15:32:39 UTC
In the launcher you changed the number of remembered IDs from 6 to 3. I have up to 6 different IDs I use with eve. OK, boo hoo I have to type them in and remember them. Just looking for the convenience. Not a critical item.
Gen Fesslenski
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#565 - 2013-03-03 03:35:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Gen Fesslenski
Tealji Tessaril wrote:
Since i am not a hardcore player like the most of the ppl here, i really don't understand all the pro and con of the changes. I mostly play sometimes and do some PvE with my Ferox. So i can only really give my opinions to the changes of the Ferox.

High slot and more Shield ... i thought cool
i logged in and ... no more missles.... why? (i didn't read every notification)

i can understand the focus on hybrid but why take away all missles? i used missles because some npc are more resistant against heat/kinetic dammage. now i am, if i am not missing some info as a casual player, limited heat/kinetic dammage.

also, even i don't do pvp, makes the loss of the missles the Ferox fully predictable in kind of dammge they deal in pvp?

In terms of nationality is in my opinion a caldari battle cruiser without missiles not caldari like. reducing the amount of missles hardpoints would have been ok, but taking away all i find quite hard. restricting to 2-3 would have been better.




Adapt or die, you can't rely on one ship for everything. In this case you have much more tank and DPS, so take davantage of it and refit, or sell it and replace it.

And actually on the contrary, your rookie ship comes with Hybrids, and there is a hybrid in every class. Merlin, Moa, Cormorant, Ferox, Rohk. It's well known that caldari are the ranged and fleet race and missiles have a firing delay and range nerf that can seriously hamper both of those roles.
guttertrash
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#566 - 2013-03-03 07:30:52 UTC
Adding a new category of battle cruisers was pointless and annoying to say the least

if your going to do something asinine like that adjust overviews accordingly. if my overview pre-patch shows all the tier3s why oh why do i have to edit them re-save and reload them on all my damn characters

so annoying, and damn near cost me one of my favourite hulls
Roseline Penshar
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#567 - 2013-03-03 07:35:32 UTC
can you add more navy faction unique? like firetail, hookbill, comet, slicer

they have different hull then the standard t1 and it's interesting
Cytherion
Critical Strike
Nuclear Confusion
#568 - 2013-03-03 08:04:41 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
[

Active armor hardeners and shield hardeners no longer give a passive resistance bonus when not active.

Enjoy EVE Online: Retribution 1.1!


Please tell me this is a joke...
Please refund lvl 5 kin/therm/EM/exp shield compensation skill points
Cytherion
Critical Strike
Nuclear Confusion
#569 - 2013-03-03 08:16:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Cytherion
I am seeing a trend of 'Tanking' is fading away and it reflects from the recent changes
Kinetic/Thermal/Explosive/EM Shield Compensation skills NO LONGER give passive resists for your active hardener.

This stealth change is very drastic and unneeded. SKP refund would have been nice.

EVE is becoming a dpsfest , ships nowadays fit the minimum tank or resort to hp stacking. Tanking is slowly evaporating.

Whats next? removing all resistances from the game ? Get your head out of the sand and learn to balance **** properly.
If your devs are not sure, contact me and I will give you a free consultation on game balancing.

With all the neuting that happens in PVP, these skills were the last line of defence when you couldnt run your invulnerability fields, now it seems like the active tanking is just going to be evaporated and everyone is going to run with passive resists. Then whats next? Nerf passive shield hardeners? Think about it. I understand reducing the amount from 15% all resist to 10% but none at all whatsover makes no sense.
Project 626
Simple War Machine.
#570 - 2013-03-03 14:20:12 UTC
My cam vibration when warping is some times working and others not. Bin the same sens the last two updates. And most of the time when warping my cam is tilting away and after a little wile it tilts back. It looks like the "camera man" is drunk.

Liked the Visual linking in space. Gave a more deepness in the game that things are hanging together.

And some thing out side the patches. The background is a joke! I haven't seen so few colors in a texture sens I played minecraft. Well in short. We can say this background is not HD ready .... XD

And the gas clouds are funny too. You never come close to the gas. But still you are in it... I guess it has to do with some strange 2d effect. And it also make the light effect jump around in gas clouds and acting up my fps pretty good some times.

And the most annoying thing of them all... You have worked on this game around 8 years. And still this game is suffering from invisible walls.. In some missions Iam thrown by A-gates in the snake asteroids. And then there are allot of invisible walls. It annoy┬┤s the crap out of me =)

But not bad thing. Keep up developing the UI. It still is bad. But I see you are working on it. So keep up the good work =)

PS: dont forget the poorly made drone interface. =)
Project 626
Simple War Machine.
#571 - 2013-03-03 14:23:00 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Banirtal Cadelanne wrote:
Cant update past 21.85MB. Tried on 4 different computers, I had the same problem with the last update, had to re-download the client manually and re-install. Loosing training time here! Last time lost 3 days, only received an apology. I have 15 accounts, if I loose time this time round I will cancel all accounts!
Why didnt you put longer skills in, like all the smart people do ?


You cant be so smart if you answer a proper question with that.
Celly Smunt
Neutin Local LLC
#572 - 2013-03-03 19:50:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Celly S
Roime wrote:
Celly Smunt wrote:

and they are still required skills to get your defense certificate, so now 4 skills to lvl 5 for what? nothing?
or are they about to release some new passive resist mods for shield to compensate people for millions of useless sp now?

idk, rather silly i think.
unless there's something worthwhile that I'm missing somewhere?

o/
Celly


What's wrong with the passive ones?



i guess the better way to say it is to ask "how many people run a truly passive tank?, even buffer tanks generally are a mix of passive and active modules,(extender and invuln for example)so when you pull the passive resists from the active modules, you reduce the effective tank that was there prior to activating those mods.

I mean I get that shield tanking has always trumped armor tanking in many areas, and I even get that this part might be a way to balance the two a little better, but didn't they just nerf ASBs for that very reason?

o/
Celly

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Cytherion
Critical Strike
Nuclear Confusion
#573 - 2013-03-04 04:15:58 UTC
Evil
Celly Smunt wrote:


I mean I get that shield tanking has always trumped armor tanking in many areas, and I even get that this part might be a way to balance the two a little better, but didn't they just nerf ASBs for that very reason?

o/
Celly


There is no real need to balance shield and armor tanking, they are fine where they are at given the free mid slots you can use for offensives for armor tanks marks a clear distinction of utilities. Like I said earlier the nerf to Kinetic/Thermal/EM/Explosive Shield Compensation skills was uncalled for. Please revert
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#574 - 2013-03-04 04:47:56 UTC
Cytherion wrote:
Evil
Celly Smunt wrote:


I mean I get that shield tanking has always trumped armor tanking in many areas, and I even get that this part might be a way to balance the two a little better, but didn't they just nerf ASBs for that very reason?

o/
Celly


There is no real need to balance shield and armor tanking, they are fine where they are at given the free mid slots you can use for offensives for armor tanks marks a clear distinction of utilities. Like I said earlier the nerf to Kinetic/Thermal/EM/Explosive Shield Compensation skills was uncalled for. Please revert

Bwahaha, even CCP disagrees with that.
Anyway, my Feedback, as reflected on the Armour 1.5 thread, is that the AAR is in a very poor place. Actual testing has shown that simply overheating a T2 rep produces a very similar profile to the AAR while using significantly less paste, & being significantly more flexible in how you use it as well.
The AAR needs more work to make it a seriously viable module rather than a tiny niche for things like low sec gate camps to tank their DPS + gate guns for 60 seconds while your gang kills them.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#575 - 2013-03-04 06:20:41 UTC
Celly Smunt wrote:
Roime wrote:
Celly Smunt wrote:

and they are still required skills to get your defense certificate, so now 4 skills to lvl 5 for what? nothing?
or are they about to release some new passive resist mods for shield to compensate people for millions of useless sp now?

idk, rather silly i think.
unless there's something worthwhile that I'm missing somewhere?

o/
Celly


What's wrong with the passive ones?



i guess the better way to say it is to ask "how many people run a truly passive tank?, even buffer tanks generally are a mix of passive and active modules,(extender and invuln for example)so when you pull the passive resists from the active modules, you reduce the effective tank that was there prior to activating those mods.

I mean I get that shield tanking has always trumped armor tanking in many areas, and I even get that this part might be a way to balance the two a little better, but didn't they just nerf ASBs for that very reason?

o/
Celly


The change affects armor hardeners as well. This just means that active hardeners work like all other modules, they only do stuff while they are on.

Now why don't you use passive hardeners, or some counter to cap warfare?

.

Deepcage
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#576 - 2013-03-04 08:36:43 UTC
My clients keep crashing at random when playing with all my accounts (5). I didnt have that problem with retribution 1.0, it appeared after you guys started hotfixing it.

I cannot give you a crash report because 1 or more clients just go unresponsive and wont actually terminate themselves. Ill have to close the exefile.exe to get the client to exit.

I'm not the only one with this problem, a couple of people in my current corporation also experience frequent freezes/crashes with their clients.

Please investigate and FIX!
Balane
#577 - 2013-03-04 19:09:17 UTC
This might be minor but it would be nice if the tracking camera worked the way it did before. Instead of tracking off center like it did before, it tracks in the center of the screen making it harder to watch what your tracking.

"Apologies for my spelling, English is my first language"

Haifisch Zahne
Hraka Manufacture GmbH
#578 - 2013-03-04 22:11:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Haifisch Zahne
Still nothing has been done about the bug with missile explosion sounds where they get cut-off, delayed, or just don't happen.

I reported this on, I think, the first day of deployment *and* filed a bug report. You acknowledged that you were aware of the bug in your reply to my report.

You think we can expect to see this extremely annoying problem fixed?
ExcalibursTemplar
CANZUK
#579 - 2013-03-05 12:02:52 UTC
Deepcage wrote:
My clients keep crashing at random when playing with all my accounts (5). I didnt have that problem with retribution 1.0, it appeared after you guys started hotfixing it.

I cannot give you a crash report because 1 or more clients just go unresponsive and wont actually terminate themselves. Ill have to close the exefile.exe to get the client to exit.

I'm not the only one with this problem, a couple of people in my current corporation also experience frequent freezes/crashes with their clients.

Please investigate and FIX!


I've been getting that to since the hotfixes started to roll out, I'm also getting a weird graphics effect in space. Basically sometimes when a npc ship explodes there's a giant light that last for around a minute or so and i can't see anything at all in the direction of where the ship exploded.
HEAVENS GODESS
Perkone
Caldari State
#580 - 2013-03-05 12:43:09 UTC
Deepcage wrote:
My clients keep crashing at random when playing with all my accounts (5). I didnt have that problem with retribution 1.0, it appeared after you guys started hotfixing it.

I cannot give you a crash report because 1 or more clients just go unresponsive and wont actually terminate themselves. Ill have to close the exefile.exe to get the client to exit.

I'm not the only one with this problem, a couple of people in my current corporation also experience frequent freezes/crashes with their clients.

Please investigate and FIX!


I have the same problem