These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Faction War Data

First post
Author
Princess Nexxala
Federal Navy Academy
#101 - 2013-02-20 19:48:48 UTC
arty thrasher, smart bombing BS, dual scram comet, scram/web stealth bomber

Whatever it takes, the farmers will be farmed.

Cearain wrote:


You won't be able to blap my ship with your arty thrasher unless I am afk. Better get the smart bomb bs.

nom nom

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#102 - 2013-02-20 19:50:29 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Princess Nexxala wrote:
Oh and XG you guys are slipping! We are almost 350 kills ahead of you this month. Blink

We started out so strong... *sigh* but we're still on pace to break our corp record (last month) on the 20th.



Drop from the militia and start blapping the gallente stabbed plexing alts too. Your kills will more than double.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#103 - 2013-02-20 19:59:28 UTC
Princess Nexxala wrote:
arty thrasher, smart bombing BS, dual scram comet, scram/web stealth bomber

Whatever it takes, the farmers will be farmed.

Cearain wrote:


You won't be able to blap my ship with your arty thrasher unless I am afk. Better get the smart bomb bs.




I might actually try to fight a stealth bomber hoping I could outlast his torps for the 12 seocnds or whatever it would take to lock him.

But then I would find out too late that it is rcoket fit and die losing MILLIONS of isk in the process. Well maybe not millions, but at least 500 thousand - before insurance.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Zen Guerrilla
CTRL-Q
#104 - 2013-02-20 20:14:29 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:
who cares?

Quoting this because it's true.

pew pew

chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Spaceship Bebop
#105 - 2013-02-20 20:43:04 UTC  |  Edited by: chatgris
Cearain wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Princess Nexxala wrote:
Oh and XG you guys are slipping! We are almost 350 kills ahead of you this month. Blink

We started out so strong... *sigh* but we're still on pace to break our corp record (last month) on the 20th.



Drop from the militia and start blapping the gallente stabbed plexing alts too. Your kills will more than double.


Except we catch a large percentage (most?) of them on gates - and out of militia you take sentry guns, a serious issue for small ship pvp. It's very nice to have the war dec.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#106 - 2013-02-20 21:46:20 UTC
chatgris wrote:
Cearain wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Princess Nexxala wrote:
Oh and XG you guys are slipping! We are almost 350 kills ahead of you this month. Blink

We started out so strong... *sigh* but we're still on pace to break our corp record (last month) on the 20th.



Drop from the militia and start blapping the gallente stabbed plexing alts too. Your kills will more than double.


Except we catch a large percentage (most?) of them on gates - and out of militia you take sentry guns, a serious issue for small ship pvp. It's very nice to have the war dec.



EEEeeewww. GateCamping. Well I suppose you must do that if you want to dock. Non fw participants don't need to worry about docking so we can spend our time finding real pvp. P

Keep in mind gate camping keeps out pvpers as well as farmers. Thats one reason I prefer minmatar amarr space - less gate camping especially now that we have a sis-eszur gate.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Spaceship Bebop
#107 - 2013-02-20 22:56:35 UTC  |  Edited by: chatgris
Cearain wrote:
chatgris wrote:
Cearain wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Princess Nexxala wrote:
Oh and XG you guys are slipping! We are almost 350 kills ahead of you this month. Blink

We started out so strong... *sigh* but we're still on pace to break our corp record (last month) on the 20th.



Drop from the militia and start blapping the gallente stabbed plexing alts too. Your kills will more than double.


Except we catch a large percentage (most?) of them on gates - and out of militia you take sentry guns, a serious issue for small ship pvp. It's very nice to have the war dec.



EEEeeewww. GateCamping. Well I suppose you must do that if you want to dock. Non fw participants don't need to worry about docking so we can spend our time finding real pvp. P

Keep in mind gate camping keeps out pvpers as well as farmers. Thats one reason I prefer minmatar amarr space - less gate camping especially now that we have a sis-eszur gate.


Even beyond gate camping - chasing out of plex and catching at a gate.

Caldari fleets that roll through often want us to jump into them on a gate, and we usually oblige.

I'd love NPC nullsec if it didn't have bubbles.

There's a lot of pvp opportunities that present themselves due to having a war dec on your opponent. Is it more or less than being able to shoot everyone? I don't know. But it's not insignificant.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#108 - 2013-02-21 11:49:00 UTC
chatgris wrote:

Even beyond gate camping - chasing out of plex and catching at a gate.

Caldari fleets that roll through often want us to jump into them on a gate, and we usually oblige.

I'd love NPC nullsec if it didn't have bubbles.

There's a lot of pvp opportunities that present themselves due to having a war dec on your opponent. Is it more or less than being able to shoot everyone? I don't know. But it's not insignificant.




I think the gate guns serve a purpose or else we would have sensor boosted thrashers at every gate. I like low sec mechanics now. But yes Bubbles are why I don't even bother with null sec.

As far as being in fw in low sec, I think it comes down to a comparison of fights at gates versus fights in plexes.

Yes there is high sec fighting too but that is specialized, I think I had about 3 or 4 high sec fights in my time in fw. Others like to camp the high sec trade hubs and definitely get tons of kills, but its pretty specialized.

You can fight at stations too but since we can't dock in the same stations that will be pretty rare other than high sec above.

So I am not sure what more there is than a comparision of gate fights to non-gate fights.

About 95% of my fights are at plexes. Plus I value those fights much more than the gate fights - because for me they are more fun. Since Plex fights are the overwhelming larger number of fights and the more fun fights it makes much more sense for me to be outside fw so I can almost double that number.

Gate fights will likely be more important for people who are in larger fleets. I don't do that allot but even there it used to be 90% were at gates. Now a much smaller percent are at gates and more frequently at other places without gate guns. It will vary from fc to fc too much to put a percentage on it.

For me the value and frequency of the plex versus station/gate fights made the decision easy.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#109 - 2013-03-13 16:30:13 UTC
#1 Karr Janner
doesn't even show up on eve kill or battleclinic killboard

#2
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Gorakhal+the+Relentless

#3
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Tristan+daCuhna
Someone who actually pvps made it!

#4
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Gun+Oriki

#5
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Antoni+Cesaille#kills

Another pvper!

Again if you don't care about facts thats ok, you don't need to post about how facts are irrelevant.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

X Gallentius
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Spaceship Bebop
#110 - 2013-03-13 17:07:51 UTC
+1 for proving farmers do, in fact, farm.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#111 - 2013-03-13 17:34:56 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
+1 for proving farmers do, in fact, farm.



Again these are not top lp gainers. These are the top vp gainers for the day.

We do not know that they made very much lp. But we do know they made the greatest strides toward winning the occupancy war of any other pilots that day.

IMO the defensive plexers who go out, after the pvpers leave, in order to defensive plex the system back are just as much of a problem even though they may not make much lp.

But whatever, these are the people who had the biggest impact on occupancy for the days indicated.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

X Gallentius
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Spaceship Bebop
#112 - 2013-03-13 17:43:24 UTC
So what type of ship should somebody be required to bring to a plex if nobody shows up to contest them?

And, once you answer that question, then you can tell us how to "enforce" that requirement?

KEY POINT - Nobody shows up to contest the plex.
Again: KEY POINT - Nobody shows up to contest the plex.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#113 - 2013-03-13 17:53:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
X Gallentius wrote:
So what type of ship should somebody be required to bring to a plex if nobody shows up to contest them?


I don't want to require any types of ships. Do you?

I am posting facts that the most effective occupancy plexers do not have to pvp. This may be good news for people who don't like pvp but for those few of us who wanted fw to be a pvp mechanic it may be disappointing.

X Gallentius wrote:

And, once you answer that question, then you can tell us how to "enforce" that requirement?


What requirement?


X Gallentius wrote:

KEY POINT - Nobody shows up to contest the plex.
Again: KEY POINT - Nobody shows up to contest the plex.


Right, if no one knows you are there, of course, they won't show up to contest the plex, will they? Did you know where these guys were plexing yesterday? What about all the other top vp gainers I posted?

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

RavenTesio
Liandri Corporation
#114 - 2013-03-13 18:05:04 UTC
Cearain wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
+1 for proving farmers do, in fact, farm.



Again these are not top lp gainers. These are the top vp gainers for the day.

We do not know that they made very much lp. But we do know they made the greatest strides toward winning the occupancy war of any other pilots that day.

IMO the defensive plexers who go out, after the pvpers leave, in order to defensive plex the system back are just as much of a problem even though they may not make much lp.

But whatever, these are the people who had the biggest impact on occupancy for the days indicated.


You can't go by Victory Points, as frankly you get basically non for defending.
Heck you barely get the same standings now as you do for offensive.

Even still... people have become to get bored of it, especially with them having been like a swarm of locust that have effectively stripped away the market; destroyed Research Agents to the point where I honestly question why CCP still have them in the game, not to mention the ridiculous nature of making faction implants now as easily available as simple grinding.

Honestly the more time that goes on, sure EVE will get more popular; bringing more of the WoW crowd over; but if that is the direction the game is taking then might be time to gracefully bow out of it now so can still look at it in the eye without seeing just pure shame of whoring out to the masses and betraying what it was built upon.

CCP are slowly labotomising EVE ... sure initially the changes to FW were fun because we could overlook the cotton-candy instant gratification bullshit, as we were having alot of fun with the PvP. Still today, I don't know - the farmers are moving on, the warzone atleast on the Caldari-Gallente side is starting to look like a damn ghost town; we're back to square one with slightly different mechanics - which let's be honest, it's bloody hard to care about bonus' to LP gains for complexes or the most pathetic "industrial" bonus' to system that frankly are some inside joke at CCP that I just don't get.
ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#115 - 2013-03-13 18:35:51 UTC
so 2 weeks ago u was all for it when caldaris were making a push.... now gallentes are taking systems back its broke again am i right???????


X Gallentius
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Spaceship Bebop
#116 - 2013-03-13 18:41:11 UTC
Cearain wrote:

Right, if no one knows you are there, of course, they won't show up to contest the plex, will they? Did you know where these guys were plexing yesterday? What about all the other top vp gainers I posted?

Well, ok thanks for saying that guys in lightly fit frigs (think technicals in machine gun-fit light pickup trucks) can terrorize (plex) unpopulated systems nobody cares to patrol (like the Sahara desert).

Later, man. Have fun. (We all know where these "auxiliary forces" are running plexes, even if you in particular don't)
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#117 - 2013-03-13 18:45:55 UTC
RavenTesio wrote:
Cearain wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
+1 for proving farmers do, in fact, farm.



Again these are not top lp gainers. These are the top vp gainers for the day.

We do not know that they made very much lp. But we do know they made the greatest strides toward winning the occupancy war of any other pilots that day.

IMO the defensive plexers who go out, after the pvpers leave, in order to defensive plex the system back are just as much of a problem even though they may not make much lp.

But whatever, these are the people who had the biggest impact on occupancy for the days indicated.


You can't go by Victory Points, as frankly you get basically non for defending.
Heck you barely get the same standings now as you do for offensive..


I am pretty sure you do get vp for defensive plexing. Are the standings different for defensive plexing and offensive plexing? I believe the standings are different depending on the size of the plex, but not if it is defensive or offensive.

RavenTesio wrote:

Even still... people have become to get bored of it, especially with them having been like a swarm of locust that have effectively stripped away the market; destroyed Research Agents to the point where I honestly question why CCP still have them in the game, not to mention the ridiculous nature of making faction implants now as easily available as simple grinding.

Honestly the more time that goes on, sure EVE will get more popular; bringing more of the WoW crowd over; but if that is the direction the game is taking then might be time to gracefully bow out of it now so can still look at it in the eye without seeing just pure shame of whoring out to the masses and betraying what it was built upon.

CCP are slowly labotomising EVE ... sure initially the changes to FW were fun because we could overlook the cotton-candy instant gratification bullshit, as we were having alot of fun with the PvP. Still today, I don't know - the farmers are moving on, the warzone atleast on the Caldari-Gallente side is starting to look like a damn ghost town; we're back to square one with slightly different mechanics - which let's be honest, it's bloody hard to care about bonus' to LP gains for complexes or the most pathetic "industrial" bonus' to system that frankly are some inside joke at CCP that I just don't get.



I do agree that people are moving back to square 1 pre inferno about caring about occupancy outside of their base systems. I think the changes that occured on october 22nd is what made it this way. When we had the cashout style system most people cared about occupancy beyond the one or 2 systems they base out of.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#118 - 2013-03-13 18:48:39 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Right, if no one knows you are there, of course, they won't show up to contest the plex, will they? Did you know where these guys were plexing yesterday? What about all the other top vp gainers I posted?

Well, ok thanks for saying that guys in lightly fit frigs (think technicals in machine gun-fit light pickup trucks) can terrorize (plex) unpopulated systems nobody cares to patrol (like the Sahara desert).

Later, man. Have fun. (We all know where these "auxiliary forces" are running plexes, even if you in particular don't)




So you knew where these guys were running plexes yesterday? Then tell me what system(s) they were running plexes in.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#119 - 2013-03-13 18:49:01 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
Cearain wrote:
When we had the cashout style system most people cared about occupancy beyond the one or 2 systems they base out of.



ur having a laugh right??????????? people didnt care bout occupancy they cared about isk and the farmers had a bigger bearing on the warzone back then to now

IDIOT OR TROLL? i just cant decide which you are
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#120 - 2013-03-13 18:50:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
so 2 weeks ago u was all for it when caldaris were making a push.... now gallentes are taking systems back its broke again am i right???????





Wrong again. I, like 99.9% of eve players, really couldn't care less who is winning the carebear race.

ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Cearain wrote:
When we had the cashout style system most people cared about occupancy beyond the one or 2 systems they base out of.



ur having a laugh right??????????? people didnt care bout occupancy they cared about isk and the farmers had a bigger bearing on the warzone back then to now

IDIOT OR TROLL? i just cant decide which you are




You had to gain occupancy to make isk in the cash out system.

And we have already gone through all the reasons that farming was bigger then including no requirement that rats be killed, and the much higher pay, all of which had nothing to do with the actual cash out model.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815