These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Faction War Data

First post
Author
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#61 - 2013-02-19 19:33:50 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Winning 90% of systems is winning imo.
That's a "you" problem, not a FW problem.


So the minmatar were never winning fw?

Thats an interesting perspective.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#62 - 2013-02-19 19:34:25 UTC
Cearain wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Winning 90% of systems is winning imo.
That's a "you" problem, not a FW problem.
So the minmatar were never winning fw?

They were winning. They didn't win.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#63 - 2013-02-19 19:39:14 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Cearain wrote:


The rollbacks will be especially good for neutral pvpers like myself. A notification system would actually benefit pvpers in the militias as opposed to neutrals. Even after a timer rollback system it would still make more sense for people intrested in frequent pvp to remain neutral.



so what u mean is u want a notification so ur alt can see wenever a plex is being run so u can send ur out of militia toon in and kill whatevers running it, then probably send ur militia alt in (im guessing u have one in each side) so u can finish up the plex with it and collect the lp for less time.


Nope if fw had a notification system then I would definitely have my pvp characters in it. Otherwise I get mor frequent pvp by being neutral.


ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

u also complain about stabbed farmers if ur not in fw why do u bother even chasing them or even care about them in the first place?



I think the fw sov game could be allot of fun, if they fixed it.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#64 - 2013-02-19 19:40:34 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Winning 90% of systems is winning imo.
That's a "you" problem, not a FW problem.
So the minmatar were never winning fw?

They were winning. They didn't win.


Then why do you disagree, that winning 90% of systems is winning fw?

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#65 - 2013-02-19 19:44:00 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Then why do you disagree, that winning 90% of systems is winning fw?

""Winning 90% of systems is winning imo."" I read "is winning" as "they won the war", not "they are currently ahead"
Abannan
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#66 - 2013-02-19 19:55:09 UTC
Apart from yourself, do you know of anyone who actually thinks this is a good system, or do you just keep bleating about it for no apparent reason
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#67 - 2013-02-19 20:01:47 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Then why do you disagree, that winning 90% of systems is winning fw?

""Winning 90% of systems is winning imo."" I read "is winning" as "they won the war", not "they are currently ahead"



The war has never been "won" in the past tense. One side has controlled all the systems but the war never ended.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#68 - 2013-02-19 20:12:48 UTC
Abannan wrote:
Apart from yourself, do you know of anyone who actually thinks this is a good system, or do you just keep bleating about it for no apparent reason



Are you asking me this question?

XG is the one defending the system up and down. I am suggesting they change it.

But lots of people understand the potential the plexing system has, because they have had great fights through it.

Its really just post inferno, new guys, like you that view plexing as nothing more than a carebearing opportunity. Your view is becoming the norm, since most people who actually wanted a pvp sov system have given up.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#69 - 2013-02-19 21:24:43 UTC
Cearain wrote:
The war has never been "won" in the past tense. One side has controlled all the systems but the war never ended.
OK, then we're back to "it's a you problem". You're the one who sets your goals in FW, not CCP.

If your main goal in FW is to take all the backwater systems nobody else cares about, then I can understand why you have serious problems with this version of FW - issues that require you to blabber on and on in several threads.

I don't think your main goal in FW is held by any player who participates in FW.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#70 - 2013-02-19 21:41:36 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
OK, let's do this right. I have just created a mailing list:
IMINURPLEX
It is open to everybody. Please join and post when you enter a plex, or when you see somebody else entering a plex.
Format:
EVETIME: NAME has entered a PLEX TYPE in SYSTEM. o/

I am batshit crazy, but at least, I am not so brutally dumb. And why would I post there with my stabbed alts?

That's the beauty of it. You won't have to filter through a bunch of stabbed alts (which you would do anyways after a week) to get to the real fights.

Come on Cearain. Put up or shut up.

Anyways, slight change of plan:

IMINURPLEX is now an intel channel open to all. Please join.



I'm joining this channel when I get home from work.

And more importantly - the capital letters are back in my corp title. :)


Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#71 - 2013-02-19 22:17:38 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:
The war has never been "won" in the past tense. One side has controlled all the systems but the war never ended.
OK, then we're back to "it's a you problem". You're the one who sets your goals in FW, not CCP.

If your main goal in FW is to take all the backwater systems nobody else cares about, then I can understand why you have serious problems with this version of FW - issues that require you to blabber on and on in several threads.

I don't think your main goal in FW is held by any player who participates in FW.


Its not a matter of whether its a back water system or a home system. Its a matter of how you take or hold the system.

Running alts in stabbed ships to dplex your home system after the enemy leaves, is not much different than if you run those alts in back water system with no wts.

Yes you have to do that so you can dock in the first case. But the actual gameplay of getting in your alt in a stabbed frigate and sitting in the plex is the same. Not fun.

And the reverse happens too. I have had allot of fun pvp in backwater systems. If you win backwater systems by doing allot of pvp then yes I would in fact love to fight for them.

How good a game is mainly depends on how fun it is to play. Not whether some spacenerd decides one system or another.

My goal is to encourage ccp to make the fw sov war fun to play. Perhaps I am the only one.

I look at the data on the op and see what the most effective sov warfare pilots are doing. It does not look fun to me.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#72 - 2013-02-20 00:12:30 UTC
Cearain wrote:

Its not a matter of whether its a back water system or a home system. Its a matter of how you take or hold the system.
If you win backwater systems by doing allot of pvp then yes I would in fact love to fight for them.
So if nobody shows up to defend a system, then it doesn't really count if your side takes it?

Don't give me that notification BS. Assume that notification is activated as you have proposed, but then nobody shows up to chase the alts out. Does capturing that system count?
ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
Sedition.
#73 - 2013-02-20 01:01:30 UTC
Cearain wrote:



I think the fw sov game could be allot of fun, if they fixed it.



So u bleat on in every post for ccp to fix an aspect of the game just so you will play it, wen noone else in fw wants it?
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#74 - 2013-02-20 02:56:09 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Cearain wrote:



I think the fw sov game could be allot of fun, if they fixed it.



So u bleat on in every post for ccp to fix an aspect of the game just so you will play it, wen noone else in fw wants it?



Your bleating on the forums to have the game kept pve like you want it. So I bleat to have them make it a pvp game.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#75 - 2013-02-20 03:02:13 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Its not a matter of whether its a back water system or a home system. Its a matter of how you take or hold the system.
If you win backwater systems by doing allot of pvp then yes I would in fact love to fight for them.
So if nobody shows up to defend a system, then it doesn't really count if your side takes it?

Don't give me that notification BS. Assume that notification is activated as you have proposed, but then nobody shows up to chase the alts out. Does capturing that system count?



Yeah it still counts in the mechanics. But it wouldn't be fun. If no one was showing up so often that people weren't even flying pvp ships (like they are now) the mechanics would be a failure should be changed.

You keep trying to blame the players, but the players are generally going to act rationally to achieve their purpose. That is exactly what the players in the first post of this thread are doing. They are having a bigger impact on the sov war than you, despite all your kills.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#76 - 2013-02-20 07:22:19 UTC
Cearain wrote:
They are having a bigger impact on the sov war than you, despite all your kills.
You believe this only because you give as much weight to some backwater system as you do for a system that is home to FW players.

Most players understand the difference and are able to look past the scoreboard as defined by CCP. So whether or not a backwater system flips back and forth due to afk plexing alts really doesn't matter all that much to them.

So, again, it's a "you" problem.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#77 - 2013-02-20 07:23:05 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Your bleating on the forums to have the game kept pve like you want it. So I bleat to have them make it a pvp game.
No mechanic can make FW a pvp game if one side chooses to not fight.
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#78 - 2013-02-20 12:27:29 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
...So, again, it's a "you" problem.

Not so much, no. Not more than a few months ago Amarr basically just had the base systems, where as you say PvP prowess matter .. they are veritable fortresses .. but outside those systems Amarr made no headway at all because they had to contend with enemy raking in 6 or more times ISK which naturally made all the farmers in the cluster congregate under the banner of Shakor (exasperated by Winmatar FoTY).

What changed? Winmatar was rumoured to get the axe, people got bored, markets became too depressed .. take your pick .. but for some reason the farmers decided that Amarr was the flavour of the day and presto, from stuck on tier1 to a solid tier3/tier 4 within a fortnight (more or less). Broken doesn't even cover it if you ask me.
X Gallentius wrote:
No mechanic can make FW a pvp game if one side chooses to not fight.

Perhaps not, but one can remove or minimize the impact of non-combatants. Autorun timers for instance would effectively make a majority of farmers pack up and leave as their ISK/hr would plummet .. so while you are technically correct .. Big smile
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#79 - 2013-02-20 14:14:06 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Your bleating on the forums to have the game kept pve like you want it. So I bleat to have them make it a pvp game.
No mechanic can make FW a pvp game if one side chooses to not fight.



Then why support timer rollbacks?

Then why credit the increase in pvp witht he changes that happened after inferno?

Did allot of people in eve decide that they all of a sudden wanted to fight, and this change of heart just happened to coincide with the change in mechanics?

Do you see why your objection to making the mechanics promote pvp is ********?

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#80 - 2013-02-20 14:22:17 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:
They are having a bigger impact on the sov war than you, despite all your kills.
You believe this only because you give as much weight to some backwater system as you do for a system that is home to FW players.

Most players understand the difference and are able to look past the scoreboard as defined by CCP. So whether or not a backwater system flips back and forth due to afk plexing alts really doesn't matter all that much to them.

So, again, it's a "you" problem.





Home systems are d-plexed by alts just as much as any other system if not more.

If you weren't such a wimp you would base in a non fw system so the enemy could also have ships available to fight you.

But instead you choose to base in a system the enemy cant have ships. So you either blob them, or as soon as they leave you bring out your cowardly alts to deplex whatever damage they did.

Its definitely null sec lite.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815