These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

[I-RED] Public Statement on Current Unrest

Author
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#21 - 2013-02-20 05:15:03 UTC
Sakaane Eionell,

We will be in contact with you shortly.

Katrina Oniseki

Okui Sakinamo
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-02-20 10:11:17 UTC
I would like to let it be known that the ongoing combat on the planet of Intaki Prime is between forces working on behalf of the State Protectorate (and only on behalf of the State Protectorate and no other corporations or organizations) and the forces of the Federal Defence Union (and only those forces). No Caldari citizens or their property are being negatively impacted by the operations ongoing there in an effort to dislodge the hostile combatants from the area.

While we understand the frustration Mr. Reppola is feeling at the actions of the State Protectorate, as of today, the Intaki system falls under the occupancy of the Gallente Federation, which under the terms of the Blind Auction temporarily nullifies Ishukone's rights to the system, regardless of any separate agreements they may have signed with the Intaki government which may give them "franchise rights" to the security and shipping contracts. The State Protectorate, by engaging in ground combat with the Federal Defence Union, is in fact attempting to reestablish those rights for the Ishukone Corporation. As a member corporation of the Caldari State, which is a signatory to Yulai Conventions and the CONCORD Emergency Militia War Powers Act, Ishukone has no legal rights to attempt to evict or prevent the State Protectorate from operating within the legally established warzone.
Seriphyn Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#23 - 2013-02-20 12:57:28 UTC
Could we get a concurrence of that from a senior official in the Caldari Navy, Okui Sakinamo? I'm sure you understand that any capsuleer can post anything with the State Protectorate ident, regardless of your special position, and I think you'll agree that other pilots may not identify your statement as veracious for that reason.
Desiderya
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-02-20 16:00:29 UTC
But this doesn't seem to be a matter of the Caldari Navy.
You might find that Sakinamo-haan is not a privateer.
I see no reason to doubt the validity of his words.

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#25 - 2013-02-20 16:06:37 UTC
Okui Sakinamo wrote:
I would like to let it be known that the ongoing combat on the planet of Intaki Prime is between forces working on behalf of the State Protectorate (and only on behalf of the State Protectorate and no other corporations or organizations) and the forces of the Federal Defence Union (and only those forces). No Caldari citizens or their property are being negatively impacted by the operations ongoing there in an effort to dislodge the hostile combatants from the area.

Of course no Caldari citizens or Caldari property are being impacted, you massive dolt. It isn't a Caldari planet, nor will it ever be.

Okui Sakinamo wrote:
The State Protectorate, by engaging in ground combat with the Federal Defence Union, is in fact attempting to reestablish those rights for the Ishukone Corporation.

This is literally the most transparent excuse I've ever seen. The Intaki system has no significant development opportunities that the Ishukone Corporation can exploit and what little opportunity exists certainly isn't found on the homeworld itself. Ishukone's access to its main source of revenue - that is, the S&S franchise to the Intaki system - is guaranteed regardless of whether the system falls under the illegitimate Provist occupation or rightful sovereignty as a Federal member state. There's literally nothing to reestablish.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Katrina Oniseki
#26 - 2013-02-20 19:05:04 UTC
Okui Sakinamo wrote:

While we understand the frustration Mr. Reppola is feeling at the actions of the State Protectorate, as of today, the Intaki system falls under the occupancy of the Gallente Federation, which under the terms of the Blind Auction temporarily nullifies Ishukone's rights to the system, regardless of any separate agreements they may have signed with the Intaki government which may give them "franchise rights" to the security and shipping contracts. The State Protectorate, by engaging in ground combat with the Federal Defence Union, is in fact attempting to reestablish those rights for the Ishukone Corporation. As a member corporation of the Caldari State, which is a signatory to Yulai Conventions and the CONCORD Emergency Militia War Powers Act, Ishukone has no legal rights to attempt to evict or prevent the State Protectorate from operating within the legally established warzone.

Ishukone had been operating without pause in Intaki since the blind auction of YC111 regardless of occupancy changes. With the utmost respect, Brigadier General, your excuse is only that. An excuse.

That said, This is the concern of Ishukone Corporation itself more than it is the concern of Ishukone capsuleer subsidiaries such as Ishuk-Raata. I will leave it in the capable hands of CEO Reppola whether or not to pursue this any further.

Katrina Oniseki

Desiderya
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-02-21 00:54:29 UTC
It is unlikely that the STPRO will stop its efforts.
May I ask for clarification what this stance - from I-RED - actually means regarding activities of the STPRO or its affiliated parties in the Intaki theatre?

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

Katrina Oniseki
#28 - 2013-02-21 01:17:16 UTC
Desiderya wrote:
It is unlikely that the STPRO will stop its efforts.
May I ask for clarification what this stance - from I-RED - actually means regarding activities of the STPRO or its affiliated parties in the Intaki theatre?

The State Protectorate has an established legal right to operate within Intaki according to the CONCORD Emergency Militia War Powers Act.

This is neither new nor surprising to us.

We will not attempt to interfere with STPRO aligned ground forces within Intaki, so long as said conflict does not place undue risk or collateral damage to Ishukone assets or operations.

However, for the space-borne capsuleer elements of STPRO, we will continue to observe individual capsuleer standings as the measuring unit for our RoE.

- STPRO capsuleer elements with positive standings will have our full support for their operations.
- STPRO capsuleer elements with neutral standings will not be engaged, unless as a measure of self defense.
- STPRO capsuleer elements with negative standings will be shot on sight and pursued with extreme prejudice.

Katrina Oniseki

Sakaane Eionell
Intaki Liberation Front
Intaki Prosperity Initiative
#29 - 2013-02-26 01:40:16 UTC
Having had my staff reach out to the editorial department at Echelon Entertainment, I'm happy to see Echelon reviewed their data and found they misquoted CEO Reppola after all. The article has been updated accordingly.

Furthermore, I'm pleased to advise that, late in the evening of February 23 the Intaki Prosperity Initiative accepted an anonymous donation of 2,500 units of antibiotics which have since been shipped to the surface. Volunteers and staff at the Intaki Cultural Center have begun distributing these supplies, and others, to those areas most affected by the fighting.

IPI, on behalf of the Intaki people, is grateful for the generosity of the donor. Thank you.
Previous page12