These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Does anyone think the male portraits turn out so much better than the female ones?

First post
Author
Cat Troll
Incorruptibles
#161 - 2013-02-15 12:13:13 UTC
I'm random.

Lolwut: "Yes, you kids don't know how lucky you have it. These days noobs get given free tackle ships for PvP but back in the old days the only tackle ships we were given were our pods. We had to use them to bump their rookie ships out of alignment to stop them warping off."

Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#162 - 2013-02-15 15:10:47 UTC
https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Tamiya%20Sarossa

One I saw a week ago. I was very impressed by the design. I couldn't even achieve that pose when I tried.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#163 - 2013-02-15 18:48:43 UTC
I'm fabulous!
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#164 - 2013-02-15 21:00:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:

shhhh. go drool over commisaar kate's avatar some more Blink

oooh burnned
REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#165 - 2013-02-16 12:44:01 UTC
Bump for a great fun read. There are some wonderful portraits in this thread. Thanks to CCP karkur for the EVE Portraits advert! Big smile

www.EVEportraits.com

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#166 - 2013-02-16 12:48:34 UTC
Nope

Chicks all the way

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Lucian Cosades
Vox Pantheon
#167 - 2013-02-16 16:18:36 UTC
I agree with OP. While not bad, sometimes I think this random female avatar looks a bit like Keanu Reeves.

-LC
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#168 - 2013-02-18 09:53:18 UTC
Nikko Jiangtibayan
Ghosts That Linger
#169 - 2013-02-18 12:56:09 UTC
I'm going to pick whichever answer to the title makes me look best. :)

Hello...mate. 

Mizhir: "Brakes are for cowards and they makes the ship heavier."

Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#170 - 2013-02-24 21:50:59 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
Nope

Chicks all the way

Asuka looks obscenely disproportionate. I couldn't even make a character like that when I tried. Did you hack the sliders?

I found another great portrait
https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Katrina%20Oniseki

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#171 - 2013-02-24 22:01:16 UTC
i like being able to see the chest from the back, and the butt from the front. LolLolLol
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#172 - 2013-02-24 22:05:04 UTC
anyway to make gallente of any sex look less smug?

forums.  serious business.

Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#173 - 2013-02-24 22:13:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Angelique Duchemin
Skeln Thargensen wrote:

Maybe lower the right eyebrow?

Plus you look kind of like Christo Willesen which is a huge plus.

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#174 - 2013-02-24 22:37:56 UTC
Angelique Duchemin wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:

Maybe lower the right eyebrow?

Plus you look kind of like Christo Willesen which is a huge plus.

I don't know who that is but I'll try and sort the roger moore thing with the eyebrow. thanks!

forums.  serious business.

Setaceous
Nexus Prima
#175 - 2013-02-24 23:01:00 UTC
This guy is random. Apart from the hair. So many terrible hair options.
Mina Hiragi
Perkone
Caldari State
#176 - 2013-02-25 00:19:44 UTC
Awngrid Butimmune wrote:
edit - which also reminds me about another axis in the character creator. Why are the amarr all so old looking and the Minmatar able to create young uns like me?

If I remember correctly from my days of burning heathens with holy laserfire in the name of God and Emperor:

Age is a popular thing among Amarrians (at least nobles), to the point where younger Amarrians will cosmetically alter themselves to the point where they look like they're fully capable of yelling at the kids on their lawn.
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#177 - 2013-02-25 00:26:36 UTC
I mean when you hit the "randomize all" button on the male models you get a smoking hotie with nearly every single click. It's like sifting through calvin klein ads. But then when you design a female character you end up right in the uncanny valley and you have to work quite hard to make one that looks believable.

I don't understand why though. I think the eyes are a big part of it.

I strongly disagree.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#178 - 2013-02-25 04:19:57 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
I mean when you hit the "randomize all" button on the male models you get a smoking hotie with nearly every single click. It's like sifting through calvin klein ads. But then when you design a female character you end up right in the uncanny valley and you have to work quite hard to make one that looks believable.

I don't understand why though. I think the eyes are a big part of it.

I strongly disagree.

Eek. What in the winds name are you?

dark heartt
#179 - 2013-02-25 06:17:46 UTC
I know my roots are showing but dammit I look hot.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#180 - 2013-02-25 06:23:10 UTC
I think I look alright. Better than most, I'd say.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]