These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Does anyone think the male portraits turn out so much better than the female ones?

First post
Author
Arline Kley
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#81 - 2013-02-11 10:10:20 UTC
like the sad sod that I am, i generally change my portrait every couple of months...

And i tend to spend a good 30 minutes just choosing the pose before i think about lighting effects..

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#82 - 2013-02-11 10:21:30 UTC
Charles the Miner wrote:
Green makes your eyes pop, male or female.

what... how did you do that? What?
I guess I need to take a look at that Sad it's not supposed to be possible to save your character like that

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Molinator Agnon
Oruze Cruise
#83 - 2013-02-11 11:16:34 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Have you guys seen this website?

so many great male and female portrait Big smile

male... female... and other
Charles the Miner
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2013-02-11 11:37:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Charles the Miner
CCP karkur wrote:
Charles the Miner wrote:

I guess I need to take a look at that Sad it's not supposed to be possible to save your character like that
Send me 100m ISK and I'll double it. Along with telling you the super secret to my green authority.

If you're a cheapskate, you'll have to dig through the bug reports. Nothing is free Lol

[*] pssst, ID: 153133
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#85 - 2013-02-11 11:47:49 UTC
Charles the Miner wrote:
CCP karkur wrote:
Charles the Miner wrote:

Send me 100m ISK and I'll double it. Along with telling you the super secret to my green authority.

If you're a cheapskate, you'll have to dig through the bug reports. Nothing is free Lol

• pssst, ID: 153133
  • thank you Smile

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

baltec1
    Bat Country
    Pandemic Horde
    #86 - 2013-02-11 11:50:57 UTC
    CCP karkur wrote:
    Charles the Miner wrote:
    CCP karkur wrote:
    Charles the Miner wrote:

• pssst, ID: 153133
  • thank you Smile

In before Karkur gets a blue background.
    SoOza N'GasZ
    L F C
    Ethereal Dawn
    #87 - 2013-02-11 12:22:22 UTC
    yeah there needs to be a looot more clothes ... since incarna came out ccp promised us them.

they must have modelled thousands of items untill now .... i cant wait for the next character customization update.

Legba

ChromeStriker
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #88 - 2013-02-11 12:48:04 UTC
    What no man love? check out my sexy self Blink

No Worries

Halete
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #89 - 2013-02-11 13:21:28 UTC
    Set out to create creepy chick; succeeded. WAI. Rather this than the league of generic attractive men/women.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Arline Kley
    PIE Inc.
    Khimi Harar
    #90 - 2013-02-11 14:06:57 UTC
    i've somewhat "Classified" Charles...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/N_Helper/ClassyCharles_zpscec87f7e.png

and yes, its a 5 minute cut and shunt job in Photoshoop. Better than blinding myself in infinate green.

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

Alice Saki
    Nocturnal Romance
    Cynosural Field Theory.
    #91 - 2013-02-11 14:14:07 UTC
    Solstice Project wrote:
    Nope, people are just incapable of making pretty ones.

Cool

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Whitehound
    #92 - 2013-02-11 14:47:34 UTC
    CCP karkur wrote:
    Have you guys seen this website?

so many great male and female portrait Big smile

And it costs 20m ISK to enter. No thanks.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Arline Kley
    PIE Inc.
    Khimi Harar
    #93 - 2013-02-11 15:05:20 UTC
    Its free if you just want your pic on the website.

Whitehound
    #94 - 2013-02-11 15:15:54 UTC
    Arline Kley wrote:
    Its free if you just want your pic on the website.

No, thanks. I am not vain enough to support yet another ISK lottery.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Ager Agemo
    Rainbow Ponies Incorporated
    #95 - 2013-02-11 19:08:44 UTC
    Joran Dravius wrote:
    Kehro Urgus wrote:
    It's a trade off for the bewbs.

Female characters should get +5000 charisma from having those to make it more like real life.

they do, but once you notice they have a penis they get a -5000 charisma too.
    Unsuccessful At Everything
    The Troll Bridge
    #96 - 2013-02-11 19:35:24 UTC
    This thread clearly explains the need for those awesome female only NEX store items to have the ability to be applied to the male toons.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Hannah Flex
    #97 - 2013-02-11 20:03:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Hannah Flex
    Celeste Taylor
    Ruby Dynasty
    #98 - 2013-02-11 23:32:14 UTC
    BigBlackDiggaNick wrote:
    IMO one of the biggest problems with males is that there are too few non-ridiculous hair models.

PS.: I do like how I look.

Looking good there. There are several Sebiestor women on this thread that are very pretty although I tend to have difficulties making good looking Sebiestors or Deteis. I tend to apply the same facial parameters to most of my characters and my Civire and Achura look oddly like my main. This is why I think it is odd when people mention how their appearance is dictated by their bloodline with the extreme looks of the Vherokior and maybe Khanid being an exception.

Most players select the same hair styles and there are a couple that almost nobody chooses.
    Luna Taylor
    Doomheim
    #99 - 2013-02-11 23:34:05 UTC
    She looked a bit too much like my primary when they had matching color schemes and outfits.
    Arashi Sano
    Ruby Dynasty
    #100 - 2013-02-11 23:39:02 UTC
    and my Achura looks slightly more different from my Civre and Gallente. Also an interesting thing back OT is that there is a big gap between the male and female designs, It is much easier to make a female look masculine than the other way around. Perhaps this is the issue that the original poster and others have especially when randomizing. Some of the random women look rather manly, but the men are never girly. I tend to go for the extreme, but it is true that most Eve women don't look very feminine which is a bit ironic considering the name of the game. I actually have an alt that illustrates this fairly well.