These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Where's Red Frog an Push on this nerf NPC thing?

Author
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#381 - 2013-02-08 01:31:51 UTC
Aren Madigan wrote:
EI Digin wrote:
It doesn't take 2 to 3 weeks to get into a decent corp.

Quite often in the decent large corps I've noticed you need a friend in that corp, or essentially gotta go through a waiting list, or whatever. I'm not sure how true this is for TEST or Goons, but I'm preeeetty sure there's a reason that EVE has this reputation:

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20120625

Just saying.

The possibility of betrayal is what gives trust meaning.
Likewise, the risk and the potential of loss is what gives ships and goods meaning.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#382 - 2013-02-08 01:38:04 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
EI Digin wrote:
It doesn't take 2 to 3 weeks to get into a decent corp.

I forgot, if you are part of a 3rd party social network you don't have that issue.

EvE should have it well written on the box: "membership to SA / Dreddit / Ars Technica / F13 required" (or GTFO).

I regularly get awoxing alts into "decent corps" in literally minutes. If I can go to the recruitment channel, find a regular everyday corp to join and join it in about 10 minutes flat with a character with a ton of API verified awox kills and an employment history 3 miles long a legitimate person actually looking to join shouldn't have any kind of difficulty.

Bolded the relevant part.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#383 - 2013-02-08 01:40:25 UTC
Aren Madigan wrote:

I imagine the idea goes hand in hand with making corp hopping not viable either to be fair.

Great. And what's the next step when they'll just spend their sub sitting in a station, to make them auto kicked out?
With a large sign of shame while at it?
Removing 500M off their wallet for every day they coward sheeps don't undock to get slaughtered?

I am pretty sure that'd end well.