These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[MAJTH] Do you know what I keep hearing?

Author
Edaine Numenor
Numenor Benevolent Holdings
#61 - 2011-10-24 12:53:15 UTC
How did humans go from being a creation of God to beings in need of redemption by God?

What is the extent of alienation?

Is human guilt merely a matter of culpability or is it seminal or both?

To what extend is human nature tainted?

I am perhaps asking to open a broad and comprehensive discussion on the subject.

With Respect,
Edaine

Liberating slaves wherever, whenever, and however I can.

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#62 - 2011-10-24 12:56:45 UTC
Edaine Numenor wrote:
How did humans go from being a creation of God to beings in need of redemption by God?

What is the extent of alienation?

Is human guilt merely a matter of culpability or is it seminal or both?

To what extend is human nature tainted?

I am perhaps asking to open a broad and comprehensive discussion on the subject.

With Respect,
Edaine

I will need to answer this with a full post later. I hope you can have patience, it is a series of very good questions.
Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#63 - 2011-10-24 21:29:12 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
Arkady Sadik wrote:
Rodj Blake wrote:
The Minmatar don't hate us because we keep slaves. No. They hate us because it is in their nature to hate.
Others have answered this, but I'll add something, too.

If you really are upset about this "hatred", if you really would like it to end, then it might be time to stop doing what creates it in the first place. Eight hundred years of your efforts have not brought us closer to your god. Eight hundred years of your efforts have moved us and the rest of the cluster farther away than we ever were.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

It's not slavery that creates the hatred.

How do I know this?

It's simple really.

If slavery was the root of the problem, we would have seen some beneficial effect from the Empress' generous emancipation of millions of Minmatar slaves. But we haven't. If anything, the anger has intensified.

If slavery was the root of the problem, we would have seen as much anger directed at other pro-slaving groups as at the Amarrians. Indeed, we should have seen more anger thrown their way because they are more likeky to mistreat their slaves than the typical Amarrian. But we haven't. In fact the past has seen pro-Minmatar groups actively encouraging non-Amarrian slavers.

So slavery isn't the reason you hate us. You hate us because you need someone to hate and we're an easy target because we're better than you.

You're a fool. What's more, you're a blind fool, hiding behind your god to justify atrocity.

It wasn't our people that landed on our planet seven hundred years ago and decided to 'enlighten' us with forced labor and 're-education camps'. It's not our people that continuously make half-gestures towards real change, while nothing actually changes.

I hate the Empire because they can't see past their own theocratic noses to understand why we hate them. Our culture was nearly destroyed, because of you. Our people are scattered across the galaxy, because of you. A great number of us bear mental or even physical scars from years of enslavement -- because of you.

If Amarr is not willing to accept responsibility for her people's actions, then we will make them accept that responsibility. I only pray that we succeed before there's nothing left of either of our worlds.

I can't get rid of my darn signature!  Oh, wait....

Merdaneth
Angel Wing.
Khimi Harar
#64 - 2011-10-24 21:47:22 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:

In the past, this issue was solved with slavery. Slavery as a method to reclaiming is no longer possible, and I shall go into why this is (for my more conservative Amarrian brothers and sisters) and what the benefits it was meant to convey other than cheap labour (for my non-Amarrian readers) at another time.

You should take care when writing your explanation. We wouldn't want anyone to conclude that you're disloyal.

Additionally mr. Thessalonia, stating definitive conclusion without providing argumentations, especially concerning sensitive issues like this subject, is diplomatically and politically unwise.

An institute supposedly intending to further the spread of knowledge should avoid this especially.
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#65 - 2011-10-24 21:51:04 UTC
Merdaneth wrote:
Rodj Blake wrote:
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:

In the past, this issue was solved with slavery. Slavery as a method to reclaiming is no longer possible, and I shall go into why this is (for my more conservative Amarrian brothers and sisters) and what the benefits it was meant to convey other than cheap labour (for my non-Amarrian readers) at another time.

You should take care when writing your explanation. We wouldn't want anyone to conclude that you're disloyal.

Additionally mr. Thessalonia, stating definitive conclusion without providing argumentations, especially concerning sensitive issues like this subject, is diplomatically and politically unwise.

An institute supposedly intending to further the spread of knowledge should avoid this especially.

Dearest Brother Merdaneth, I have proof. I believe it is those who would continue the practice of slavery despite the demonstrable harm it does to those seeking to bring people into the faith who are without proof.

Some people would even say that they are the ones who are disloyal. I certaintly wouldn't go that far, though.
Merdaneth
Angel Wing.
Khimi Harar
#66 - 2011-10-24 21:55:23 UTC
Astrid Stjerna wrote:

It wasn't our people that landed on our planet seven hundred years ago and decided to 'enlighten' us with forced labor and 're-education camps'. It's not our people that continuously make half-gestures towards real change, while nothing actually changes.

I hate the Empire because they can't see past their own theocratic noses to understand why we hate them. Our culture was nearly destroyed, because of you. Our people are scattered across the galaxy, because of you. A great number of us bear mental or even physical scars from years of enslavement -- because of you.

If Amarr is not willing to accept responsibility for her people's actions, then we will make them accept that responsibility. I only pray that we succeed before there's nothing left of either of our worlds.

Ms. Sterna, I have explained you this before. Somewhere in the past of your ancestors over the past 700 years, no doubt someone has done something you think of as unjustified or unrighteous that still has an effect today. In fact, your whole line might be the result of some Matari tribal warrior taking another Matari tribal female against her will. It is lunacy to still fight to 'right wrongs' from 7+ centuries ago. It is even more idiotic to hold an entire people indiscriminately responsible for what their ancestors might or might not have done so long ago.

Can you also explain how you wielding a gun makes someone accept responsibility. If you were given a number of irresponsible Matari (adult, children, youths, whatever) how would you teach them to act responsibly.

Of course, any answer different from your methods employed on Empire loyalist would make you a racists and bigot.
Ston Momaki
Disciples of Ston
#67 - 2011-10-24 23:11:02 UTC
Mr. Thessalonia,
Today, while monitoring the Summit com channel, I observed your discussion with Mr. Merdaneth. I just want to commend your patience and insight. You are a credit both to your people and to your religion. The point you made of distinguishing between the "goal" of spiritual reclaiming and the ineffective and unjust "method" of slavery is key to any lasting peace in our cluster. I hope that you will not become discouraged and give up.

Peace to you.

The Disciples of Ston bid you peace

Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#68 - 2011-10-24 23:13:52 UTC
Merdaneth wrote:
Astrid Stjerna wrote:

Ms. Sterna, I have explained you this before. Somewhere in the past of your ancestors over the past 700 years, no doubt someone has done something you think of as unjustified or unrighteous that still has an effect today. In fact, your whole line might be the result of some Matari tribal warrior taking another Matari tribal female against her will. It is lunacy to still fight to 'right wrongs' from 7+ centuries ago. It is even more idiotic to hold an entire people indiscriminately responsible for what their ancestors might or might not have done so long ago.

Can you also explain how you wielding a gun makes someone accept responsibility. If you were given a number of irresponsible Matari (adult, children, youths, whatever) how would you teach them to act responsibly.

Of course, any answer different from your methods employed on Empire loyalist would make you a racists and bigot.

Wielding a gun, Merdaneth, seems to be the only way we have left that makes any difference to your people.

We've tried political requests -- the Empire has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing. We've tried protests -- yes, the Rebellion was a mild success -- but that only made you come down that much harder on the Matari under your 'care'.

Finally, after words have been exhausted, when the diplomatic overtures we make are rejected, and when the Empire refuses to make any but the smallest gestures -- which, I have repeatedly said here, are a starting point for lasting peace -- we choose open warfare.

Because your Empire pushed us to this point. And because we can see no other way.

If I was given the care of an irresponsible Matari, by the way, I would take them out onto the tundra, among the ice creatures and the cold, to show them the simple truth: that when you steal from or hurt another for long enough, eventually that other will rise up to fight back.

Jason Galente
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2011-10-25 03:02:51 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
Depravity starts with a rejection of God.

It's not quite so simple, and that's not always true.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Arkady Sadik
Gradient
Electus Matari
#70 - 2011-10-25 07:20:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Arkady Sadik
Merdaneth wrote:
It is lunacy to still fight to 'right wrongs' from 7+ centuries ago. It is even more idiotic to hold an entire people indiscriminately responsible for what their ancestors might or might not have done so long ago.
I am delighted that you accept that your ancestors were wrong. When and where can we meet for you to right that wrong and return all our people in your personal care?

Merdaneth wrote:
Can you also explain how you wielding a gun makes someone accept responsibility.
Well, I'm not sure how likely it is for the Empire to accept responsibility at all. Now, as for effectiveness, looking at the facts:

- The Rebellion, "wielding a gun", freed quite a large proportion of Minmatar in under 20 years.
- A hundred years of peace and trying to coexist resulted in the kind gesture of 50,000 slaves being emancipated. Once.
- Attacking the Empire, "wielding a gun", directly freed tens of millions of people, and caused the dearest Empress to release hundreds of millions of our people in a single day.

So it seems to me that "wielding guns" is the only thing the Amarr accept. A little fact that annoys me to no end, as I was one of the proponents of this century of peace and attempts to coexist with the Amarr. I had the firm belief that the Amarr would, if just given some time, release our people. And I hate being wrong.

Merdaneth wrote:
If you were given a number of irresponsible Matari (adult, children, youths, whatever) how would you teach them to act responsibly.
I keep an eye on them until their relatives come over and then return them. Why do you ask?
Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#71 - 2011-10-25 11:33:30 UTC
I dont think the ability to do harm, to allow rampant ethnocentrism and arrogance to cloud common sense, is anymore prevalent among "race A" than "race M".

Sadly, however, "race A's" society is such that it values those people, and places them in positions of authority, places where they can do the most harm to the most people. And where those people keep pushing, and pushing, because evidently, they want all-out war between their nation and "race M".

Blind faith and "we know better than you" are part of race A's culture. Many of them dont do it from a desire to spread evil; au contraire, they do it because they feel they are "helping" the other people in their world.

So does a would-be Tribal overlord who values battleships to throw against the enemy as of higher value than bread for his own, he feels he is doing what is best, that he is defending his home, and the back-and-forth between Race A and Race M simply fuels further hatred and sword-rattling.

Lets cut through the bullshit.

The fact remains that 1/3 of my brothers and sisters are held in captivity. The fact also remains that the Republic has not been under direct Tribal rule since before the Day of Darkness, before the formation of the Republic. To make progress, both sides need to look inward and start there at the moment. The "you attacked us" thing is true, we all know that. Placing blame is easy. Finding a solution is hard. Both sides need to stop standing around and screaming "nyah nyah, I cant hear you cause I am right!"

Unless one of us destroys the other, neither is going anywhere anytime soon. The Amarr will never occupy Matar, nor Eystur, nor Hek, ever again; to try would be to either invite their own devastation, or to "occupy" worlds of ash when the shooting stops. Is this what anyone wants?

We lost 700 years of advancement and cultural development, and in fact lost much of what we constructed before the word "Amarr" ever reach a Minmatar ear. I want to start moving forward, for all of us, for all of my brothers and sisters, aunties and children yet to be born. To do that, slavery needs to end, so we can focus on internal problems. How do we do that? That's the question.

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#72 - 2011-10-25 19:25:47 UTC
Astrid Stjerna wrote:

We've tried political requests -- the Empire has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing. We've tried protests -- yes, the Rebellion was a mild success -- but that only made you come down that much harder on the Matari under your 'care'.

Finally, after words have been exhausted, when the diplomatic overtures we make are rejected, and when the Empire refuses to make any but the smallest gestures -- which, I have repeatedly said here, are a starting point for lasting peace -- we choose open warfare.

That is mostly true. But not quite. Protests and acknowledgements were done by the Empire over time. They were subtle, but the tendancy was here. Heideran and Doriam worked on the betterment of slave labor condition, and also on slavery regulation outside the Empire. Maybe it is not properly enforced, or hardly efficient. Maybe one can consider it hypocritical, at best. Naturally, and I may say that this one is probably right to say so. Much like the Republic is as much as hypocritical than the Caldari State or the Gallente Federation. This is about politics before ideals.

But the liberal trend was here. With the introduction of Tash-Murkon in the Five Families, the liberal side has not been more active than it was in the past decades.

But you can not continuously promise little gestures if the opposing side is not doing anything in the same vein (this is called negociation, and you need to be two of you to make it bear its fruit). You can not promise little gestures again and again without eventually doing something more relevant or radical about the crux of the problem (slavery of Minmatar people).

As good as your reasons can be to spit on the hands that have been offered to you, the result remain the same : you spit on charity and gestures of good will, and this is politically unwise. Wise, Midular was, but the majority of the Minmatar people was too blind to see it. Geopolitically, more good has even come from her in a day than from Shakor in his entire life.

What the Republic is currently doing is only proving to Amarrian hardliners that they are right (and they are actually not). What has always been tested for the Republic was its patience and insight. For a time, I would have said they succeeded the task, but for the last years, they have failed miserably, thanks to the Elders.

Eventually, the Republic perfectly knows that they will never win a war, and the Empire probably neither. They chosed the most illogical solution ever, which is highly disappointing. And then the Empire followed as it offered them the perfect casus belli. And yet, they are stuck in a meaningless proxy war with absolutely no result other than a direct threat to prosperity and civilisation in the contested areas.

What the Republic eventually achieved was only to stop the progress of good relations. Blind ignorants.

Astrid Stjerna wrote:
If I was given the care of an irresponsible Matari, by the way, I would take them out onto the tundra, among the ice creatures and the cold, to show them the simple truth: that when you steal from or hurt another for long enough, eventually that other will rise up to fight back.

Apply the same principle to the Amarr citizens that the Republic steals from or hurt regularily. I have witnessed myself, especially on the Ammatar Mandate border zone. If you can understand why you feel that way and find excuse for your behavior, then you will surely understand why they react the exact same way in the opposed side.

Arkady Sadik wrote:

- Attacking the Empire, "wielding a gun", directly freed tens of millions of people, and caused the dearest Empress to release hundreds of millions of our people in a single day.

What is that kind of logic ? A joke ? She could also have answered that for every Amarrian killed, the Empire would execute a hostage (a slave), an eye for an eye. Would you bet on that possibility the next time your Elders plan to attack the Empire on its core worlds ?

Arkady Sadik wrote:

So it seems to me that "wielding guns" is the only thing the Amarr accept.

I am pretty sure that Amarrian warmongers accept it gladly, indeed. They might even celebrate it every time a gun is pulled.
Arkady Sadik
Gradient
Electus Matari
#73 - 2011-10-25 20:06:52 UTC
Lyn Farel wrote:
Arkady Sadik wrote:

What is that kind of logic ? A joke ?
I'm not sure. Opinions differ widely what the Empress intended with that act - I doubt it was meant as a joke, though.

On a more serious note, that was not something I like or want to see - it's a factual observation. This is what happened. Personally, I would prefer if peace would have brought more results than war, but it hasn't.

Quote:
Arkady Sadik wrote:
So it seems to me that "wielding guns" is the only thing the Amarr accept.
I am pretty sure that Amarrian warmongers accept it gladly, indeed. They might even celebrate it every time a gun is pulled.
Sad, isn't it?

It's the problem we face right now: Peace has been tried and was not successful. War is being tried, and so far has been quite successful (compared to peace at least). And no, I do not like this the least bit.
Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#74 - 2011-10-25 20:07:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Astrid Stjerna
Lyn Farel wrote:

Heideran and Doriam worked on the betterment of slave labor condition, and also on slavery regulation outside the Empire. Maybe it is not properly enforced, or hardly efficient.

I promised myself I wouldn't get drawn back into this.....

It's not the 'conditions' of our people's servitude, and it's not (entirely) about regulation, though that is part of the issue. Nor is it that the regulations are not properly enforced or efficient.

It's that the only steps we've seen the Empire take have been woefully lacking.

Improving the conditions of slavery? Our people are still slaves, Ms. Farel, and that is what we object to. I've continually maintained, and still do, that the Empire's small efforts are a good place to start, but they must be followed by steadily larger and larger efforts, or the smaller ones will be rendered meaningless.

We can sit here and talk about this Holder releasing her slaves, or that Holder working toward reform 'behind the scenes' all day -- what matters is actions. That's what we're not seeing, or not seeing enough of. If the Empire wants to reform, they should start there.

Lyn Farel
Khimi Harar
#75 - 2011-10-26 18:13:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyn Farel
Arkady Sadik wrote:

On a more serious note, that was not something I like or want to see - it's a factual observation. This is what happened.

No, this is jumping to conclusions. A factual and exhaustive observation would be more like that : "attacking the Empire allowed Jamyl Sarum to be crowned empress and then, she choosed to free tens of millions of people."

And yet, this is not neutral enough. The Empire could have ended with someone else on the throne, with very different intentions.

People believing as a logical deduction that attacking the Empire implies freeing millions of slaves are crass ignorants not even able to understand the basics of logic, and I am definitly not saying that you are part of them. Attacking the Empire might also have ended up with millions of slaves (crew) taken.

Arkady Sadik wrote:
It's the problem we face right now: Peace has been tried and was not successful. War is being tried, and so far has been quite successful (compared to peace at least). And no, I do not like this the least bit.

I may be wrong but you sound like if you were trying to give yourself a good conscience.

Astrid Stjerna wrote:
I promised myself I wouldn't get drawn back into this.....

It's not the 'conditions' of our people's servitude, and it's not (entirely) about regulation, though that is part of the issue. Nor is it that the regulations are not properly enforced or efficient.

It's that the only steps we've seen the Empire take have been woefully lacking.

Improving the conditions of slavery? Our people are still slaves, Ms. Farel, and that is what we object to. I've continually maintained, and still do, that the Empire's small efforts are a good place to start, but they must be followed by steadily larger and larger efforts, or the smaller ones will be rendered meaningless.

We can sit here and talk about this Holder releasing her slaves, or that Holder working toward reform 'behind the scenes' all day -- what matters is actions. That's what we're not seeing, or not seeing enough of. If the Empire wants to reform, they should start there.

And what have been the steps taken by the Republic itself ? Your bias here only implies unreciprocated dialogue. This is just not the way it works. Unless of course, this is actually war that you are looking for.

I know that Matari people are still slaves, though for a lot of them, this is still to be debated if they are still Matari or not, and do not try to imply this is not the case, I have seen a lot of slaves in my childhood, I know how unique, different and various they are, especially the ones that have never been raised as Matari, but actually as Amarrians for generations. I have seen your argument countless times for years now, right here. This is not even about Matari people in slavery, this is about slavery in general, a thing that the Gallente seem to have understood better than most Minmatars. To fall into generalizations, it is said that the Gallente are selfish people. One by one, maybe, but on a political scale, the Minmatar beat everyone easily. What only matters for most of them is themselves, much like what only matters for most Amarrians is their own interpretation of God and how to enforce it on others.

Then, read again what I wrote and you will see that these small steps have been followed by war. A huge, gigantic spoil of the fragile balance that had been built until the attack on Yulai happened. It takes time ? Maybe. But at least, it can work, unlike that war and for that I strongly disagree with Mr Sadik. With that war you only free some slaves while others are taken. Eventually, you will never free the slaves of all the major Amarrian worlds (not in the contested areas), unless the Republic manages somehow to destroy the Empire, something that is very unlikely to happen.
Arkady Sadik
Gradient
Electus Matari
#76 - 2011-10-26 18:34:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Arkady Sadik
Lyn Farel wrote:
Arkady Sadik wrote:
I may be wrong but you sound like if you were trying to give yourself a good conscience.
You still seem to think I am talking about my own preferences, my own goals and what I want to do.

I am not.

My own goals, my own preferences and my own ideas are irrelevant here. They do not matter. I did not want this war, but I was not asked, and so it is here. My nation calls, so I will defend it. Regardless of whether I think this war should have started or not.

Here on IGS, I try to have some constructive debates, analyzing why things happen as they do. For example, we have a war. This is not what I wanted, but that's irrelevant - it is what we have. Why do we have it? What do we think would be the sensible options to get out of it? I posted about this a while ago - my suggestions there were not what I want, either. They were what I believe would make the Republic and the Tribes think again about this war, and maybe seek a different path. My personal opinions don't matter there.

In the post you refer to, I was talking about effectiveness. You see, I face this discussion "over here" as well, not just on IGS. Someone comes to me and tells me: "Look, Commander, we have done what you suggested - kept peace, tried to coexist, tried to tolerate. What did it achieve? It made the Empire talk a lot and free 50,000 slaves as an act of goodwill. The moment we did what I suggested all along, the moment we took up arms, we were able to free tens of millions of our people, and the Empire freed hundreds of millions of our people as well."

What exactly do you want me to respond to that? "But it could have happened all differently"? That's nice, it could have - but it did not. I am afraid that I am out of arguments in that debate. So I concede that apparently, the Empire is not interested in returning our people unless they are forced to.

Now, what we - the people I discuss this with and myself - actually do depends on what the Sanmatar, the Tribal Council, the Parliament and the Fleet decide. My own personal opinions matter little there, as do my little debates with fellow soldiers. The latter only really matter to my personal pride. As I mentioned, I hate being wrong.

If my tribe and my nation tells me to stand down and keep peace again - that is what I will do. If they tell me to go forth and purge every single Amarr from this galaxy - that is, again, what I will do. My "good conscience", as you put it, is very low on my list of priorities.
Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#77 - 2011-10-26 19:01:39 UTC
Lyn Farel wrote:

Then, read again what I wrote and you will see that these small steps have been followed by war. A huge, gigantic spoil of the fragile balance that had been built until the attack on Yulai happened. It takes time ? Maybe. But at least, it can work, unlike that war and for that I strongly disagree with Mr Sadik. With that war you only free some slaves while others are taken. Eventually, you will never free the slaves of all the major Amarrian worlds (not in the contested areas), unless the Republic manages somehow to destroy the Empire, something that is very unlikely to happen.

The Empire hasn't taken any action larger in scope than Jamyl's empancipation decree, and then only when it was either politically advantageous or when we forced you to take action.

It comes down to one simple phrase, Ms. Farel:

You won't free our people -- so we will.

Arkady Sadik
Gradient
Electus Matari
#78 - 2011-10-26 19:34:19 UTC
Lyn Farel wrote:
And what have been the steps taken by the Republic itself?
Outside of agreeing to a peace after the rather successful rebellion, the banning of displaying the Khumaak from diplomatic talks with the Amarr (much to the upset of a number of Minmatar), very successful attempts to negotiate peace with the Mandate, granting of special development charters within the Republic to Empire corporations, hunting down of outlaw groups such as the Defiants who targeted Amarrian starbases and were, to use a quote I have seen used on Amarrian splinter groups within the Republic, "not our problem" (hunting down of who was, again, much to the upset of a number of Minmatar), up to actually not joining our fleet with the Elder Fleets that invaded the Empire, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that the Republic ever did for the Empire.

Now, the only thing we ever asked for from the Empire was the release of our people. In the last one hundred and thirty years since the Rebellion, what steps were taken by the Empire itself towards this?
Lyn Farel
Khimi Harar
#79 - 2011-10-26 22:14:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyn Farel
Then you have my apologies if I understood that you were speaking for your beliefs.

Arkady Sadik wrote:
Someone comes to me and tells me: "Look, Commander, we have done what you suggested - kept peace, tried to coexist, tried to tolerate. What did it achieve? It made the Empire talk a lot and free 50,000 slaves as an act of goodwill. The moment we did what I suggested all along, the moment we took up arms, we were able to free tens of millions of our people, and the Empire freed hundreds of millions of our people as well."

What exactly do you want me to respond to that?

Just explain him why you are commander and he is the ignorant ? Unless you value their loyalty for you more than you value your own beliefs. Which I would find disturbing, be it soldier to commander or between comrades, but this is apparently quite common in the cluster.

Astrid Stjerna wrote:
You won't free our people -- so we will.

Me ? I will not free your people indeed, how could I even be able to do that ?

And no, I do not think that you will free them with a war. This is a simple matter of fact, or you might be a little... delusioned.

Arkady Sadik wrote:
Lyn Farel wrote:
And what have been the steps taken by the Republic itself?
Outside of agreeing to a peace after the rather successful rebellion, the banning of displaying the Khumaak from diplomatic talks with the Amarr (much to the upset of a number of Minmatar), very successful attempts to negotiate peace with the Mandate, granting of special development charters within the Republic to Empire corporations, hunting down of outlaw groups such as the Defiants who targeted Amarrian starbases and were, to use a quote I have seen used on Amarrian splinter groups within the Republic, "not our problem" (hunting down of who was, again, much to the upset of a number of Minmatar), up to actually not joining our fleet with the Elder Fleets that invaded the Empire, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that the Republic ever did for the Empire.

Now, the only thing we ever asked for from the Empire was the release of our people. In the last one hundred and thirty years since the Rebellion, what steps were taken by the Empire itself towards this?

You seem to think that I said that the Republic did nothing, which I did not. This is also why as I have quietly said several times here and there, that I have always held your former chief of governement in high esteem.
Arkady Sadik
Gradient
Electus Matari
#80 - 2011-10-26 22:48:43 UTC
Lyn Farel wrote:
Just explain him why you are commander and he is the ignorant?
I do not belief in arguments from authority, I'm afraid.