These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

GM Response On Bumping

First post First post First post
Author
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#701 - 2015-10-19 22:06:57 UTC
Dan Ende wrote:
well my apologies, but I glanced through all 34 pages of this thread and didn't come across any that explained how to avoid it in the first place. or de-bump myself. can you point me in the right direction?

You seem to be exactly the kind of player the game needs. Accepting of the way things work is the best step in overcoming the obstacles.

The best thing you can do is never land on grid with the bumper. A scout alt that can web is your best bet, as a web will assist you in entering warp.

I know you stated you don't have an extra account. Maybe make some buddies? Hell, I'll do it for you if you pay me a small percentage of the haul. But you are flying a capital ship. It's not meant to operate solo.

More to answer your direct question... If you are solo, and being bumped by a guy who knows how, then no, you are at his mercy. I would suggest at that point asking for a ransom. You may get out, or you may not.

Hope it helps. Fly smart.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#702 - 2015-10-28 20:10:07 UTC
GM Karidor wrote:
**This forum post is now 3 year old and does not represent CCP´s current stance on the issue, as such it can be viewed as outdated**

so what is the new stance on the "issue" then? Why not just update it?
Black Pedro
Mine.
#703 - 2015-10-28 20:29:25 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
GM Karidor wrote:
**This forum post is now 3 year old and does not represent CCP´s current stance on the issue, as such it can be viewed as outdated**

Or at least un-sticky it. Seems strange to have a sticky thread on something that "does not represent CCP´s current stance on the issue",
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#704 - 2015-11-03 08:14:40 UTC
the discussion was taken seriously, so removing the sticky flag would be the wrong sign.
there is no better place to show that ccp will rethink bumping.

a nice problem to solve for c&p
find a solution that adds more for both sides, without pissing of the other one.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Aoife Fraoch
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#705 - 2015-11-03 10:59:35 UTC
I do hope CCP consider the wider impact of any change they make here.

Personally I really really wish that CCP would start releasing Problem Statements for changes they make that have significant impacts on the players options in game.
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#706 - 2015-11-04 11:02:00 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
CCP does consider.

Otherwise this unlucky mechanic would long be gone.
However a rework could in fact mean, that humping will be removed.
HOWEVER!
IF (very big if) this happens, it is safe to assume, something will replace it.

Right now bumping is a cheap risk free action for the bumper.
On the other hand, the possible victims have it much harder to counter this cheap techniques.
That makes bumping unbalanced.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#707 - 2015-11-07 01:06:36 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
CCP does consider.

Otherwise this unlucky mechanic would long be gone.
However a rework could in fact mean, that humping will be removed.
HOWEVER!
IF (very big if) this happens, it is safe to assume, something will replace it.

Right now bumping is a cheap risk free action for the bumper.
On the other hand, the possible victims have it much harder to counter this cheap techniques.
That makes bumping unbalanced.

You know what else is risk free and needs to be nerfed? Forum alts! You should be required to post on the character with the most SP. That way jackwagons such as yourself would have to own up to their shitpoasting in-game.

And since your signiture block hasnt been removed, I feel safe in saying:

"You cant spell La Rynx without DOUCHE"

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#708 - 2015-11-09 16:26:40 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
GM Karidor wrote:

Or at least un-sticky it. Seems strange to have a sticky thread on something that "does not represent CCP´s current stance on the issue",

BUMP

Pun fully intended.
ISD Supogo
ISD BH
ISD Alliance
#709 - 2015-11-11 01:44:18 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD BH Supogo
Thread is locked due to unneeded posting and bumping pending final determination by CCP.

Quote:

Forum rules

13. Spamming is prohibited.

Spam is defined as the repetitive posting of the same topic or nonsensical post that has no substance and is often designed to annoy other forum users. This can include the words “first”, “go back to (insert other game name)” and other such posts that contribute no value to forum discussion. Spamming also includes the posting of ASCII art within a forum post, or the practice of “thread necromancy” which involved bumping of old threads for no justifiable reason.

15. Bumping outside the EVE Marketplace and Alliance & Corporation Recruitment channels is prohibited.

The bumping of posts to alter the order of the thread listing on a forum is prohibited outside the EVE Marketplace and Alliance & Corporation Recruitment forum channels. Within the EVE Marketplace section of the forums, each forum category has its own rules regarding acceptable bumping for sales threads clearly listed in the stickies.

Similarly the Alliance & Corporation Recruitment channel also has its own rules. Please be aware that the rules vary from forum to forum. Please review the sticky threads in these forum channels for specific details.

23. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online provided that it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

ISD BH Supogo

Bughunter

Equipment Certification and Anomaly Investigations Division (ECAID)

Interstellar Services Department