These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Kil2 goes CCP

First post
Author
Jakob Anedalle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#101 - 2013-01-29 18:04:16 UTC
Congrats kil2. As a newb you've done a lot to make me get out and do some PVP.

Guys, you know that he's still going to be out there, right? CCP Devs can play as long as it isn't made known that they are with CCP. So that just means that somewhere there is now a new capsuleer with a cerebral accelerator rapidly skilling up on solo PVP killing skillz. But now you won't know to look at him and say "damn, that's kil2, I should get out of here." Not until it's too late...

Trying out all the things to do here in Eve - it's quite a checklist. So I made a blog Jakob's Eve Checklist

Nalha Saldana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2013-02-07 13:13:03 UTC
So its confirmed, he is joining the balancing team http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=74234
Master Technique
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#103 - 2013-02-07 17:36:33 UTC
Almost nothing but positive remarks in here, but I saw some people questioning the awesomeness of this move, so I'll throw this out there.

Kil2, myself, and the rest of the Club Bear never thought of being the PVP elite. We were bored with medium to large scale PVP, and more importantly, PVP with an agenda. CCP has made a great game, but it is less approachable than most. We set out to show that Eve could be fun without a giant fleet, without tons of financial backing, without tons of experience/skills, and with less time dedication. Large scale PVP requires money, tons of people, and TONS of time. We didn't have those things, but loved the basic idea of space ship PVP.

Kil2 perfected it imo, and will bring a viewpoint to the CCP team that not many truly practiced as much as he has. He would stay docked if our gang was going to have more than 5 people, or he would go solo instead. All he does and all he knows is extremely small gang and solo PVP, and I think there will be value in adding that viewpoint to CCP, because if it were more approachable and feasible, more people would do it.

Anyhow, as everyone else has said, cheers CCP, good move, and good luck bro.

Tech
Sheimi Madaveda
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#104 - 2013-02-07 17:38:58 UTC
Im curious what his CCP name will be :D

Arma Purgatorium - Once for the State, Now for the King Low Sec, PvP, Industrial - Open for Recruiting http://armapurgatorium.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/arpur_recruit1.pngĀ 

Ixpha
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#105 - 2013-02-07 17:57:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Ixpha
damn ill miss those videos :(

congrats on the job tho!

now i only have kovorix and will adama left to watch
Ganthrithor
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#106 - 2013-02-07 19:43:45 UTC
ITT CCP acquires a treasure-trove of knowledge about the Talos.
corbexx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#107 - 2013-02-07 20:03:15 UTC
well i get the 100mn t3 roam is out now. On the plus side i'll assume you'll be at fanfest for a beer.

gratz mate
Trep Algaert
Occultum Scientia
#108 - 2013-02-08 02:32:28 UTC
Heartfelt congratz, I'll miss your vids, but having another smart person doing ship rebalancing can only be good for the game.

Personally, I'm hoping ship rebalancing becomes a semi-permanent design team in and of itself, doing rebalancing to keep the meta fresh, and adding new ships/mods/items as they see fit. I think it would do a lot to keep the game from stagnating as far as the actual ships go, and allows the team to adapt ships to new roles as other features are introduced.

To shamelessly repost a comment from the announcement vid, I vote for the name CCP Masonjar.

Metagaming is really just roleplaying as an eve player

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#109 - 2013-02-08 05:02:25 UTC
Sheimi Madaveda wrote:

With Kil2 in stasis it must be something new.

CCP Kil3 ;)

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

voorsk
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#110 - 2013-02-08 13:50:37 UTC
Master Technique wrote:
All he does and all he knows is extremely small gang and solo PVP, and I think there will be value in adding that viewpoint to CCP, because if it were more approachable and feasible, more people would do it.

I've never seen his videos (I'll deffo look em up!), but as someone who prefers small gang/solo PVP (ie: doesn't like taking orders), then he sounds like a marvellous addition to CCP! Big smile
Quit Whining
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#111 - 2013-02-08 22:05:48 UTC
Bravo Mr Kil2, a worthy addition to the design team indeed!

drapo
Club Bear
#112 - 2013-02-13 12:05:02 UTC
You will be missed! Do good things and come back sooner or later, or I'll have to come visit you.

PS. I don't know exactly what Wildcat was trying to say, but he must be right. Because, although no one would believe us, epic Domi v. Domi duels are possible, if only once a decade or so.
a newbie
Kenbishi Heavy Industries Inc.
#113 - 2013-03-05 20:09:48 UTC
Soo... who am I going to watch now? I was hooked ever since I watched that GREAT 7/1 Talos roam he did a while back when he was first doing those streams. I've been sustaining myself on reruns! Anyone else in Club Bear pick it up?

...um.. fire?

Ager Agemo
Rainbow Ponies Incorporated
#114 - 2013-03-05 20:47:14 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:
I have deleted a bit of sexism from this thread.

why it doesn't surprises me from coming from an Amarr purist uh?
Mikaila Penshar
SISTAHs of EVE
#115 - 2013-03-05 21:23:28 UTC
Lors Dornick wrote:
Sheimi Madaveda wrote:

With Kil2 in stasis it must be something new.

CCP Kil3 ;)

I propose his name to be.................

CCP SYLAR
Garmon Integra
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#116 - 2013-03-29 20:26:40 UTC
CCP PedoBear
Cyprus Black
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#117 - 2013-03-29 21:38:28 UTC
Is it true that if you're employed by CCP, you have to give up your current characters before the employment?

I'm sure the pay and benefits are nice, but that's one hell of a drawback.

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

Nar Tha
Doomheim
#118 - 2013-03-29 22:46:32 UTC
Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
#119 - 2013-03-29 23:04:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Sephira Galamore
Nar Tha wrote:

No, that's Ceofore.

This is kil2 (aka CCP Rise)
Nar Tha
Doomheim