These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Customer Support lifting previous restrictions regarding war decs

First post First post First post
Author
Mara Villoso
Long Jump.
#81 - 2011-10-12 20:00:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Villoso
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#82 - 2011-10-12 20:31:13 UTC
You simply cannot release highsec immunity into the game, under the banner of a short GM statement and no discussion about where and when this will be reverted.

The last time you said this was going to be fixed "soon" was in 2008. When is "soon" going to be now?

In regards to your marketing material, and "what eve is" seen here - http://www.eveonline.com/faq/faq_01.asp I would like you to remove the following.

The word mercenary. Since you have just stated you are OK with people avoiding any unwanted wardec (your words) by bending corp mechanics to the ******* extreme, you have just made non-consentual wardecs impossible, ergo making all targets immune in highsec. Ending the ability to operate as a mercenary.

Why don't you, instead of FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGING THE ETHOS of eve, do something constructive, instead? Why don't you tell players, implicitly, that joining a player corp puts them at "risk" of wardec, and the NPC corp is there for a goddamn reason? If they want to "fly with friends" they can use a chat channel, to be quite ******* honest.

Since you're intent on making highsec POSes immune anyway, why don't you just allow "launch for self" and leave wardec mechanics as they are?

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#83 - 2011-10-12 21:22:19 UTC
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
so are they making it easier or harder on little noobcorps?


Easier, I'd say. New corps and novice pilots won't have to fight off every jerk that wants to trolldec them. In addition, joining an Alliance (even for alliance-hopping) has the potential to allow for newly-found friends to provide back-up against particularly agressive trolls.

IMO, judging whether someone is alliance-hopping sounds extremely difficult -- you'd have a hard time distinguishing between a genuine 'hop' and an alliance that simply disbanded because one corp thought the other were jerks, or one that was entered into by an overzealous corp officer and may not have been approved by upper management.

I can't get rid of my darn signature!  Oh, wait....

Sinjin Hawk
Sterling Tactical Industries
#84 - 2011-10-12 21:40:28 UTC
Hooray! And thank you for the assist! This will be very beneficial.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#85 - 2011-10-12 22:01:01 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Looks like a field repair to me.

What's the ratio of high-sec wardecs for the goal of griefing noob corps to wealthy high-sec corps escaping challenges to their position?

The general idea of the war declaration is to pay off CONCORD to get the rights to blow up some other organizations assets for what purpose? I suspect the intended idea was leverage. If you want to mine all the ore and ice, but someone who is better at it is doing it in the same space you want to do it, you kill them.

Fair enough. That's Eve.

But what is the statistic of high-sec corps being war decced actually being such organizations in a dominating position?

How many are small noob corps simply getting decced so some ass-hats who can't handle low-sec or afford 0.0 rent can pad their killboards?

This reminds me of the hunting rules in the USA. Most of these rules seem dumb and redundant, like not being able to use a high-capacity magazine - but the rules exist because: "Some moron already did something dumb so now there's a rule for it".

So while the concept of the war dec is sound based on the original reason, the USE of the war dec as a utility for griefers has pretty much ruined it for everybody.

So y'all abused the toy and fought over it, now mommie's taking it away.


Yes, there are griefers in this game. But there are also legitimate grievances.

There exists a whole mercenary market that caters to the "small noob corps," which can help their problems go away. It ensures that money changes hands, that ships are blown up, and that the economy remains healthy. This might be cliche, but it's true: if things stop getting blown up, then that economy won't be so healthy anymore, and will take the game down with it. How many barges will a miner need before he, you know, stops buying them? Meanwhile, his minerals continue to come in...

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Orakkus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2011-10-12 22:01:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Orakkus
As someone who left the game because I was outclassed in a wardec when I first started back in 2007, only to come back again because nothing is like Eve Online:

I find this change wholly unacceptable and poorly thought out.

Non-consentual PVP is a major aspect to the personality of Eve Online, and you just killed it. Having been on both sides of wardecs, I do not see any good justification for this change. You clearly haven't thought about ways to refund those who pay for the war-decs, nor have you thought about the effect to an entire profession in Eve (fyi: They are called "Mercenaries", remember?). While the current War-dec system isn't ideal, it certainly wasn't game breaking at any level, even individually. This change goes directly against the Eve Core Belief that "NO SPACE IS 100% SAFE."

How does it feel to back away from one of the very founding principles of Eve Online? I have to ask, in all seriousness, do you even play this game? And if you do, have you really done anything other than carebearing for any length of time?

He's not just famous, he's "IN" famous. - Ned Nederlander

ShipToaster
#87 - 2011-10-12 22:10:37 UTC
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
EVE University "DecShield" now out of Beta
We tried it a few times, going back as far as 2008, and resurrected it again recently, but after CCP have recently made some changes to their policies, we can finally put in place the full DecShield as it was originally planned.

Over the next 24 hours, a number of E-UNI members and alumni who have taken part in my 'Special Project' and sacrificed a character slot, and will be wardeccing E-UNI with various shell corporations. These wars are all being paid for by the Uni (totalling around 3-4 billion ISK) and all management of these is being maintained by the directors via the API.

The end result will be that the cost of declaring or continuing a war with E-UNI will between 500M and 1B ISK per week. Of course, in the event that someone who has a proven track record and/or the numbers to provide a good fight contacts us, we can declare war on them ourselves.

This is done with a total of 19 corporations who are at war with E-UNI, with the majority of them mutual by default, acting as 'spares' in the event we should we need the full DecShield deployed. Each of the accounts, corporations and their CEOs, are being monitored by the API, which will be polled every few days to ensure the accounts are live and in good standing.

(As far as the mechanic or mechanics used to prevent the wars costing us up to 72 billion ISK per month, I would rather not go into detail, as although I have had confirmation from CCP it is fine, the mechanic could be used in other ways - similarly, I would rather people didn't speculate as to this, at least in public, although I'm certain that a few of you may know how it works. Lets just call it a special E-UNI "sekrit"...)

Note: If you like the DecShield, and by extension the change to the CCP policies, please "Like" the post by GM Karidor. This should help show the level of support for the change, versus the 'griefer tears' being displayed, and it is anonymous to all but the poster. Similarly, please do not post there, as anything coming from an E-UNI member will look like it comes form the corp as a whole.


If you have any questions on the DecShield, please feel free to post here.


I read this on our forums and it was copied from the eve university forum. There is obviously some problem with the in game war dec cost calculation here as they claim they do not need to pay 18 billion per week to have a nineteen active non-mutual wars against them in their dec shield. The official formula for calculating multiple wardec costs is widely available and toggling wars between mutual and non-mutual seems to bypass this formula. http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/War_Declaration


@ccp: you have made a lot of errors recently but few have impacted the sandbox (this is all the stuff about ccp being greedy bastards). Giving special attention to eve university because of their new player retention stats has, as we can see in this thread , a far wider effect on the sandbox. Again this is ccp greed in action and is not acceptable.

Sinjin Hawk wrote:
Hooray! And thank you for the assist! This will be very beneficial.


Quoting an eve uni member thanking ccp for helping them. Nuff said.

.

sukmanobov
Apollyllon
#88 - 2011-10-12 22:19:56 UTC
GM Karidor wrote:
As it has come up:

Changing corps while in space AND online is not considered normal game mechanics (as any CEO/Director/Personnel manager trying to get rid of unwanted members can tell you) and this will still be considered an exploit (no direct relation to the war mechanics other than "surprising war targets"). Either log off shortly or go dock for that.

As for the saving of high Sec POS through leaving an alliance, yes, that's easier now, but there are still ways to still destroy a tower within normal mechanics even after the war cool down due to leaving the alliance has ended (and it has been done successfully already).



So yours saying i have to be logged of to accept the app?
Quote:
Changing corps while in space AND online is not considered normal game mechanics (as any CEO/Director/Personnel manager trying to get rid of unwanted members can tell you)

Well i can tell you as i am a CEO of "The Priesthood" and a Director of "The 0rphanage Alliance" (granted the director bit is with an alt so that also makes me a part CEO of "Interstellar brotherhood of gravediggers" with all that i don't see your point. If you gonna give to one side and want to remain impartial then you must give to the other. why don't you just come and say it Kairdor? your a goon boss and wanting to get rid of ADOPT? well if you do there now more than ever wanting to take our top spot as the largest high sec wardec alliance. this i what happens when you let your DEV's chair the largest alliance in eve. Bye Bye Sandbox welcome WoW.

Yours
Suk, CEO x3 corps and x1 Alliance
sukmanobov
Apollyllon
#89 - 2011-10-12 22:33:15 UTC  |  Edited by: sukmanobov
Quote:
IMO, judging whether someone is alliance-hopping sounds extremely difficult -- you'd have a hard time distinguishing between a genuine 'hop' and an alliance that simply disbanded because one corp thought the other were jerks, or one that was entered into by an overzealous corp officer and may not have been approved by upper management.


Disbanding an alliance to avoid a war dec is no Corp hopping.

Corp hopping would be me:
Leave corp before undocking rejoining as soon as i passed the camp.

Or

in the case of a certain corp that dec'd us earlyer this year.

Leaving corp joining alt corp getting your self in poison for a gank. while the bait starts the fight and rejoining orginal corp. This gives the illusion that there is no war targets in local to the target, He engages to find him self out numbered seconds later.

and the reason CCP don't want to do this division of labour within there given budget. They don't have the budget to employ staff to sit and look at all the petitions. So they are dropping what they consider low priority petitions in favour of the more serious ones the come from "0.0" players because they are classed the Larger player base. Where i would hazard a guess that there MORE players in high sec than anywhere else in eve its just that there spread over more smaller alliances! these smaller alliances just don't get involed in the day to day politics like Test, Goon, PL, NC, DRF do thats why we get stupid ideas like this from CCP.
Viqer Fell
Noir. Academy
The Network.
#90 - 2011-10-12 23:24:40 UTC
Karidor

I cannot stress how appalling this move is, and the rather crass assertion that empire pos's are not now 100% safe is fallacious and disengenious.

You are blatantly lying to the community if you are trying to say that this is anything other than a way to clear off a few petitions.

Either that or you really do not understand the premise that EvE was based on (you are not safe anywhere)
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2011-10-13 00:23:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Poetic Stanziel
ShipToaster wrote:
I read this on our forums and it was copied from the eve university forum.
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
EVE University "DecShield" now out of Beta
We tried it a few times, going back as far as 2008, and resurrected it again recently, but after CCP have recently made some changes to their policies, we can finally put in place the full DecShield as it was originally planned.

Over the next 24 hours, a number of E-UNI members and alumni who have taken part in my 'Special Project' and sacrificed a character slot, and will be wardeccing E-UNI with various shell corporations. These wars are all being paid for by the Uni (totalling around 3-4 billion ISK) and all management of these is being maintained by the directors via the API.

The end result will be that the cost of declaring or continuing a war with E-UNI will between 500M and 1B ISK per week. Of course, in the event that someone who has a proven track record and/or the numbers to provide a good fight contacts us, we can declare war on them ourselves.

This is done with a total of 19 corporations who are at war with E-UNI, with the majority of them mutual by default, acting as 'spares' in the event we should we need the full DecShield deployed. Each of the accounts, corporations and their CEOs, are being monitored by the API, which will be polled every few days to ensure the accounts are live and in good standing.

(As far as the mechanic or mechanics used to prevent the wars costing us up to 72 billion ISK per month, I would rather not go into detail, as although I have had confirmation from CCP it is fine, the mechanic could be used in other ways - similarly, I would rather people didn't speculate as to this, at least in public, although I'm certain that a few of you may know how it works. Lets just call it a special E-UNI "sekrit"...)

Note: If you like the DecShield, and by extension the change to the CCP policies, please "Like" the post by GM Karidor. This should help show the level of support for the change, versus the 'griefer tears' being displayed, and it is anonymous to all but the poster. Similarly, please do not post there, as anything coming from an E-UNI member will look like it comes form the corp as a whole.


If you have any questions on the DecShield, please feel free to post here.

LOL. And people called me a tinfoil-hatter for decrying E-Uni's desire to get wardec mechanics changed to make it nearly impossible for anyone to wardec the Uni. :)

This recent "change", while it affects everyone and everyone can avail themselves of it, was no doubt implemented to help the Uni, since only the Uni has the resources to implement this sort of massive decshield. I believe this is the "teaching decshield" that was referred to earlier. No doubt a tiny nugget that Kelduum passed on to the membership after discussions he had with CCP.

That this change was brought down just as the "WSOP-free Month" is ending is a tad coincidental. It's almost as though Kelduum knew during what time period this change was going to be announced. Thus he stages a last huge set of wars for the EVE University students, a last hurrah before the University goes war-free for good. Someone may wardec the Uni for a week at a cost of 1 billion ISK, but the next week they'll likely see that cost jump to 10 billion ISK or more.

The days of the University being under war are pretty much over for good.

Sandbox? What sandbox? EVE University has bricked up their sandbox. Good luck getting inside to cause a little EVE-style mayhem.
Irdalth Delrar
EVE University
Ivy League
#92 - 2011-10-13 00:40:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Irdalth Delrar
ShipToaster wrote:
Sinjin Hawk wrote:
Hooray! And thank you for the assist! This will be very beneficial.


Quoting an eve uni member thanking ccp for helping them. Nuff said.


Because changes made can't be helpful unless they're made specifically for a corporation?

CCP never contacted the Uni about this change, never asked for the Uni's opinion on the change, nor did we have any idea it was coming. The Uni in no way had anything to do with this change, but we are grateful for it, so we can hopefully avoid some of the faildec's we get where someone pops by for one day, fights once, then disappears for 6 days. Or worse, someone who jumps into their Dram and just picks off solo frigs (such awesome PvP skills seen there).

On a personal level, I'd rather CCP have worked on the war dec mechanics from the core, rather then simply allowing systems to avoid war. Be it higher cost, counter-bids, whatever. But hopefully this decision means they actually are thinking about changes. If not, I'm not sure what to say.

As for the costs/mechanics, and the post you referenced, have you heard of positive PR and jokes? If you read the post you quoted, you'll note it mentions having a number of wars mutual, in reserve should we want to raise costs. Raising costs to a bil would indeed cost around 8bil, if my math is right, while raising it to 500mi would only cost about 3bil. We're not skating mechanics, nor are we being treated special.

Poetic Stanziel wrote:
me a tinfoil-hatter for decrying E-Uni's desire to get wardec mechanics changed to make it nearly impossible for anyone to wardec the Uni. :)

This recent "change", while it affects everyone and everyone can avail themselves of it, was no doubt implemented to help the Uni, since only the Uni has the resources to implement this sort of massive decshield. I believe this is the "teaching decshield" that was referred to earlier. No doubt a tiny nugget that Kelduum passed on to the membership after discussions he had with CCP.

That this change was brought down just as the "WSOP-free Month" is ending is a tad coincidental. A last huge bunch of wars before EVE University was to go war-free for good. Someone may wardec the Uni for a week at a cost of 1 billion ISK, but the next week they'll likely see that cost jump to 10 billion ISK or more.

The days of the University being under war are pretty over for good.


Ah, Poetic, figured you'd chime in! Glad to see you still kickin!

Its probably a tad coincidental because it is coincidental. How did CCP know that the WSOP month wouldn't end early? That wasn't up to Keld, it was up to the students.

As we've always said, the Uni isn't opposed to wars. Wars are the best way to teach PvP in high sec, they create the brutal, cutthroat environment that makes Eve so much better then My Pretty Ponies Online (though don't knock MPPO!). We, and I think anyone else, could however do without wars that serve no purpose, never get fought, and are simply someone getting their jollies by picking on newbies. And its fine if someone wants to spend their isk to start a war but never do anything with it; its just silly that given how Eve is all about the back and forth that in a war, the aggressor has all the choice. Given the relative age of the populous of the Uni, we've basically a NPC corp people can attack. So it'd be nice if we could do something to stop someone who war dec'ed us then just shows up in an inty and just buzzes around all day, never even bothering to fight.

Also... only the Uni has the capabilities to implement this kind of war dec? Seriously? Have all 0.0 corps gone broke? Have the Jita traders stopped logging on? Not sure how much ISK people think we have...


Regardless, while I'm sure it'll do little to convince those of you who already believe, the Uni had nothing to do with this. I'm pretty sure most of the directors, and from Mumble chats, most of the students, would prefer new war dec mechanics, new systems, so we didn't have to increase the war costs ourselves. 50mil to war dec someone for a week? Maybe it made sense when wars first were introduced, but when that's 15 minutes of market trading today, I'd rather see it all updated.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2011-10-13 00:49:26 UTC
Irdalth Delrar wrote:
CCP never contacted the Uni about this change, never asked for the Uni's opinion on the change, nor did we have any idea it was coming.

CCP and Kelduum talk weekly on issues regarding high-sec and the University. Wardec topics are a priority with the University, and always have been. To pretend that Kelduum and CCP have never talked wardec mechanics, especially one as monumentally game-changing as this one ... well that's disingenuous.

And I know Kelduum, in the last month, has hinted over Mumble, of a big change coming down the pipe. He loves to hint after a big conversation with CCP. He likes people to see him with the CEO hat on. Which is why McDarila made the comment he did about a "teaching dec". He didn't know exactly what he was talking about, since he only had Kelduum's hints to play from. But he knew something was coming down the pipe from CCP, because Kelduum knew. And the WSOP-free Month wasn't decided by the membership ... it was decided by Kelduum. He made the big post with the dates (the membership only had the option of voting it down, which Kelduum knew was not going to happen.)

Anyhow, congrats. For a corporation that loves wars, you're awfully smug being war-free now. :)
Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
The Network.
#94 - 2011-10-13 01:02:40 UTC
Irdalth Delrar wrote:
Regardless, while I'm sure it'll do little to convince those of you who already believe, the Uni had nothing to do with this. I'm pretty sure most of the directors, and from Mumble chats, most of the students, would prefer new war dec mechanics, new systems, so we didn't have to increase the war costs ourselves. 50mil to war dec someone for a week? Maybe it made sense when wars first were introduced, but when that's 15 minutes of market trading today, I'd rather see it all updated.


There has been an organized large scale effort from EVE University to get the war dec mechanics revised to better serve their interests since the last CSM Crowdsourcing. So much so that it was felt necessary to publish 2 sets of statistics, one with EVE Uni bloc voting removed to get a more representative list. I think it's a far leap to go from that to allege some kind of insider favoritism. But at the same token, it's disingenuous for EVE Uni to pretend this is an unlooked for but welcome game change.

Irdalth Delrar wrote:
so we can hopefully avoid some of the faildec's we get where someone pops by for one day, fights once, then disappears for 6 days. Or worse, someone who jumps into their Dram and just picks off solo frigs (such awesome PvP skills seen there).


If the griefers arnt bothering you or in fact griefing you, why do you need such extraordinary, game changing measures?

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Irdalth Delrar
EVE University
Ivy League
#95 - 2011-10-13 01:13:14 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
CCP and Kelduum talk weekly on issues regarding high-sec and the University. Wardec topics are a priority with the University, and always have been. To pretend that Kelduum and CCP have never talked wardec mechanics, especially one as monumentally game-changing as this one ... well that's disingenuous.


Are you Keld? Or a CCP employee? Not sure how you know they're talking with him weekly... We contacted them with a question about the API (through Keld) a week ago with no response yet... I won't pretend CCP and Keld have never talked about war dec mechanics... heck, I've brought up war dec mechanics with them. I'm sure Goons talk to CCP about stuff they want changed too?

Poetic Stanziel wrote:
And I know Kelduum, in the last month, has hinted over Mumble, of a big change coming down the pipe. He loves to hint after a big conversation with CCP. He likes people to see him with the CEO hat on. Which is why McDarila made the comment he did about a "teaching dec". He didn't know exactly what he was talking about, since he only had Kelduum's hints to play from. But he knew something was coming down the pipe from CCP, because Kelduum knew. And the WSOP-free Month wasn't decided by the membership ... it was decided by Kelduum. He made the big post with the dates (the membership only had the option of voting it down, which Kelduum knew was not going to happen.)


Keld has suggested big hints coming down the pipe. Mostly because like me, Keld likes to be optimistic. If we count the things Keld has hinted vs the things that have come true, the lean very heavily against. McDarila, like Sejin, made their remarks on their own regards. When I hint about secrets on the Mumble server, the number of theories that are spawned far exceed anything I can imagine (and sometimes I use those ideas to actually come up with a secret).

Keld started the WSOP, and the members could end it early. How did Keld know it wouldn't happen? Is Keld psychic?!? Am I working for a psychic?!?! Anyway, like I said earlier, nothing I say here will convince you its not a grand conspiracy from the pope down, but for anyone else, if you have doubts, you're welcome to contact me, I'm sure we can come to an agreement.

Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Anyhow, congrats. For a corporation that loves wars, you're awfully smug being war-free now. :)


Not sure where you're getting smug from, but yah, we'll be fail-dec free for a bit. Though we really did enjoy our fights with RvB... we were just talking about doing it on a regular basis.
Irdalth Delrar
EVE University
Ivy League
#96 - 2011-10-13 01:20:21 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
There has been an organized large scale effort from EVE University to get the war dec mechanics revised to better serve their interests since the last CSM Crowdsourcing. So much so that it was felt necessary to publish 2 sets of statistics, one with EVE Uni bloc voting removed to get a more representative list. I think it's a far leap to go from that to allege some kind of insider favoritism. But at the same token, it's disingenuous for EVE Uni to pretend this is an unlooked for but welcome game change.


You're absolutely right. This is not unwelcome. And yes, we have been making efforts to get the war dec mechanics changed to better serve our interests. I'm pretty sure every corporation/alliance would like the game to work to their benefit. Did the Goons, after all, not work together to make sure a number of goons make it onto CSM? We genuinely believe the war dec mechanics need to be fixed and updated for Eve today, rather then existing largely as it has since day 1.

Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
If the griefers arnt bothering you or in fact griefing you, why do you need such extraordinary, game changing measures?


I picked out two random examples as to what we face. And regardless, we're not looking for special treatment. Like I said above, we want war dec mechanics that benefit everyone, a fixed system. But eve is about back and forth. If someone, anyone, doesn't want war, shouldn't they be able to, at a cost? It may be unfairly balanced towards the Uni right now, and if it is, I welcome change away from that and towards a real balance. But given anyone can make a billion a week as a single person, a corporation raising funds doesn't seem all out there.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2011-10-13 02:10:43 UTC
Irdalth Delrar wrote:
Keld started the WSOP, and the members could end it early. How did Keld know it wouldn't happen? Is Keld psychic?!? Am I working for a psychic?!?!

Umm. Because, based on past participation in Uni forum polls, the chances of getting 50% of the total membership to participate (which was a rule Kelduum set down for the process), to voice their opinion, was exceptionally slim. Especially considering that the highest turn-out previously was only 30% of the total membership, and at a point when the Uni had far fewer members and the community was a lot "tighter".

You don't work for a psychic. You simply work for someone who understands statistics. Although he's obviously hired someone who's incredibly bad at spin doctoring. ;)
Rellik B00n
Lethal Death Squad
#98 - 2011-10-13 02:19:30 UTC
dreadful decision.
[Of a request for change ask: Who Benefits?](https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=199765)
Irdalth Delrar
EVE University
Ivy League
#99 - 2011-10-13 02:37:22 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
You don't work for a psychic. You simply work for someone who understands statistics. Although he's obviously hired someone who's incredibly bad at spin doctoring. ;)


Its why I don't spin :)

Either way, we have had that kind of turnout in the past, when it was necessary, and the 50% was decide based on the activity data we have, which is much higher then the past. But anyway, that's off topic.
Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#100 - 2011-10-13 02:56:48 UTC
Irdalth Delrar wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
You don't work for a psychic. You simply work for someone who understands statistics. Although he's obviously hired someone who's incredibly bad at spin doctoring. ;)


Its why I don't spin :)

Either way, we have had that kind of turnout in the past, when it was necessary, and the 50% was decide based on the activity data we have, which is much higher then the past. But anyway, that's off topic.

I don't know why you even bother replying to PS... Nothing you say will change it's mind. PS, we didn't laugh at you because of your /tinfoil, we laughed because you make it so easy to laugh at you...


I imagine that this change is going to be irrelevant with changes to the War-Dec mechanics. Just because CCP hasn't announced them yet is no reason to *worry*. Even so, this change is basically irrelevant because of the ability to corp hop individuals has always been there, so avoiding a dec is ridiculously easy, except for the stupid or young. No change will help the stupid, and the young will find out very fast how to avoid a war regardless...

With the re-dedication of teams to FIS, I imagine that Hi-Sec (and it's wars) *will* get looked at.

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.