These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Entered a system; was flagged as an aggressor and destroyed.

Author
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Noctis
Shoot First.
#21 - 2013-01-29 00:04:19 UTC  |  Edited by: FloppieTheBanjoClown
I didn't read the warnings that popped up and then I died and now I quit because EVE SUCKS!

I'd ask for OP's stuff, but he doesn't have any.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Silus Morde
#22 - 2013-01-29 01:12:33 UTC
Matt Grav wrote:
Isn't the next system over null?

I just want to know where she was heading now.
To WoW/PvE server.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Agent Trask
Doomheim
#23 - 2013-01-29 05:15:33 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
I didn't read the warnings that popped up and then I died and now I quit because EVE SUCKS!

Ya know ... CCP put a safety catch on the bang switch, and gave the player a warning dialog, and they still manage to make themselves into free-to-shoot targets ...

Join the New Order, buy your permit today, and follow the code.

www.minerbumping.com

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#24 - 2013-01-29 05:38:53 UTC
The guy jumped into lowsec and lost an iteron full of booze. Literally it was full of one of the booze trade goods.

A dumb person played the game for an hour, did a dumb thing and got blown up. Sympathy isn't appropriate.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#25 - 2013-01-29 05:43:36 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
The guy jumped into lowsec and lost an iteron full of booze. Literally it was full of one of the booze trade goods.

A dumb person played the game for an hour, did a dumb thing and got blown up. Sympathy isn't appropriate.

I feel sympathy for him because it seems that his biggest complaint is that he got the bright red player aggression timer, making him think that he did something wrong/that he aggressed in some way.

Crimewatch 2.0, Easier for Newbies to Understand.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
WE FORM V0LTA
#26 - 2013-01-29 08:57:48 UTC
Shut the door on your way out..

EVE is cold
Naes Mlahrend
Devil's Horsemen
#27 - 2013-01-29 12:24:50 UTC
Dear OP,
You learned a lesson about low sec.
Congrats.
Silus Morde
#28 - 2013-01-29 13:22:06 UTC
Naes Mlahrend wrote:
Dear OP,
You learned a lesson about low sec.
Congrats.

But No, he didn't learn a lesson.. he rage quit. Unless you count the lesson to be: EVE is not the game I need to play.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Ristlin Wakefield
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2013-01-29 14:39:50 UTC
Guys, cut him some slack! The man was clearly blinded by the immense wealth that awaited him on the other side.

I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license.

Optimo Sebiestor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2013-01-29 16:27:25 UTC
I belive the game recogniced this player, and decided to take actions against him.. Lol
Funky Koval
Bad Artists
#31 - 2013-01-29 17:20:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Funky Koval
pathetic and horribly failed trolling itt (given he probably won't even read it) * shrug *

And RubyPorto has a point, why he got flagged in a weaponless iteron is beyond me (and yeah that's mostly what caused his rage it seems).

EDIT do you get flagged if you accidently activate a mining laser on someone or a structure? That would actually be pretty hillarious (though obviously an oversight on part of CCP).
Ristlin Wakefield
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2013-01-29 18:03:22 UTC
Funky Koval wrote:
pathetic and horribly failed trolling itt (given he probably won't even read it) * shrug *

And RubyPorto has a point, why he got flagged in a weaponless iteron is beyond me (and yeah that's mostly what caused his rage it seems).

EDIT do you get flagged if you accidently activate a mining laser on someone or a structure? That would actually be pretty hillarious (though obviously an oversight on part of CCP).

You fool! If you read the other posts you would have discovered the OP actually jumped into a low-sec system. Blink

I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license.

AkJon Ferguson
JC Ferguson and Son Ltd
Ferguson Alliance
#33 - 2013-01-29 18:11:56 UTC  |  Edited by: AkJon Ferguson
Jaunty Revestel wrote:
I ******* hate EVE. It's why I stopped playing years ago and it's why I've stopped playing now; the trial is always long enough to experience the dickbags of the MMORPG world, and they far outnumber the players trying to have some fun.

You don't think the "dickbags of the MMORPG world" are trying to have some fun?

On a more serious note, not sure if trolling or stealth begging, but I'm going to guess both. Do I win?
Funky Koval
Bad Artists
#34 - 2013-01-29 18:57:30 UTC
Ristlin Wakefield wrote:

You fool! If you read the other posts you would have discovered the OP actually jumped into a low-sec system. Blink

I am pretty sure he knew about it too and hoped maybe he'd get away with it. I admit I did feel a twinge of sympathy because that's exactly what I used to do while I was still more or less a noob (http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=2624625)

What I am not sure about anymore is which flag he is talking about. I thought aggression flag can only be activated if you actually actively engage someone, which he had no means to do.

The PVP logoff timer should not be a cause for complaint, especially as Reblier is next to highsec. But it probably *is* confusing for new players.

Also, to any newbies reading this... When starting out, everyone has their own ideas on what they want to do in EvE. Some of these are valid, some other can end in tears (beacuse EvE is not necessarily what you thought it to be). That''s what the trial period is for, I guess.

Also, a pro tip: Do all your career agent missions diligently at the start. This will give you *a lot* more than 500k worth of stuff to play with (and if you decide to take some risks and lose it all, at least you'll have a semi-legitimate reason to rage quit Blink).
Karrl Tian
Doomheim
#35 - 2013-01-29 23:09:12 UTC
Agent Trask wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:

Ya know ... CCP put a safety catch on the bang switch, and gave the player a warning dialog, and they still manage to make themselves into free-to-shoot targets ...

You can't patch stupid.
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#36 - 2013-01-30 00:42:13 UTC
Jaunty Revestel wrote:
I ******* hate EVE. It's why I stopped playing years ago and it's why I've stopped playing now; the trial is always long enough to experience the dickbags of the MMORPG world, and they far outnumber the players trying to have some fun.

To give more details to my problem, I invested over 400,000 (yes, chump change to some of you with no lives) and two hours into setting up a nice little trade route with a payoff with 61,000 by my calculations. Reached the last system in the journey and was immediately ambushed, but I was flagged as having committed a crime.

After being destroyed and jumping away, I am now under a capsuleer timer because I apparently initiated combat with another capsuleer. Again, I was the one who was attacked.

So yes, I'm exceedingly disheartened with the game.

Feel free to reply, or not. I'm not going to be coming back.

qq more bro
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#37 - 2013-01-30 03:33:43 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
Funky Koval wrote:

No, my point is that the flagging system is non-intuitive (i.e. confusing for anyone who hasn't read and understood* the dev blogs describing it). He was, per Crimewatch 2.0, appropriately flagged with the Player Aggression Logoff timer, which is a giant red exclamation point in the corner. Given that Red has always roughly corresponded to a criminal timer, and that the name of the flag is arcane, he naturally confused the flag for something indicating that he had done something to gain a flag.

Because Crimewatch 2.0 is intuitive and easy to understand.

As a bonus, the tutorials make no mention whatsoever of crimewatch, so anyone new to the game is guaranteed to have no idea what's going on.

*Not actually trivial.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Agent Trask
Doomheim
#38 - 2013-01-30 06:09:14 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

Because Crimewatch 2.0 is intuitive and easy to understand.

As a bonus, the tutorials make no mention whatsoever of crimewatch, so anyone new to the game is guaranteed to have no idea what's going on.

*Not actually trivial.

That is the seed of a damned good idea.

Let new players take up a pirate faction. Have a pirate career agent teach them ALL about crimewatch and aggression timers.

Join the New Order, buy your permit today, and follow the code.

www.minerbumping.com

Mike Adoulin
Adolescent Radioactive Pirate Hamsters
CODE.
#39 - 2013-01-30 10:49:15 UTC
Agent Trask wrote:

That is the seed of a damned good idea.

Let new players take up a pirate faction. Have a pirate career agent teach them ALL about crimewatch and aggression timers.

That would be 20 kinds of pure awesome.

This means CCP won't implement it until around 2025.

Blink

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Ravnik
Infinate Horizon
#40 - 2013-01-30 14:57:01 UTC
I dont know whether to laugh or cry....Someone plays eve, has no idea how it works, then rage quits because of their own mistake. Now this is bad enough, but to then post on the forums about it looking for sympathy from you lot!! Now that is funny! Lol

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly..........