These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stripped down private server Eve. Would you play?

First post
Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2013-01-26 20:59:12 UTC
Playing on and running private servers are, by the way, very much in violation of the EULA.
Although I'm not sure how that would be enforced.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Piugattuk
Litla Sundlaugin
#22 - 2013-01-26 21:00:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Piugattuk
Yes yes yes yes yes absolutely yes if it included missions NO GRIEF PLAY ABILITY TO KICK STINKERS OFF THE SERVER YES.Bear

How can I go to the sissy...I mean sisi server?
Sidrat Flush
KarmaFleet
#23 - 2013-01-26 21:00:38 UTC
So people log in to Eve because of the people they play with not the actual game mechanics? Actually in spite of the game mechanics.

I'm sure a lot of solo afk miners would love a single player environment.

Its time to stand up against the bad empire based CEO telling falsehoods about what new characters can accomplish and pushing them towards an in game experience of drudgery and loneliness keeping them in the shadow of ignorance for at nest their own profit at worse apathy towards all the experiences that Eve has to offer.

Lipbite
Express Hauler
#24 - 2013-01-26 21:01:14 UTC
No, there is test server for pure joy of solo gameplay.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#25 - 2013-01-26 21:03:45 UTC
Sidrat Flush wrote:
To do what? For what purpose? Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just get a fancy screen saver?
Sidrat Flush
KarmaFleet
#26 - 2013-01-26 21:06:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Sidrat Flush
Tippia wrote:
Sidrat Flush wrote:
To do what? For what purpose? Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just get a fancy screen saver?

To sell to buy orders. Do solo miners care who they sell to, so it may as well be npc buy orders.

In a slightly related theme, I'm sure there was a call for CCP to release a mission creator editor to the public and submit their creations. With the vast numbers of creative people who play Eve and the role play element, creating and designing mission arcs would be a boon for the pve players sick and tired of rescuing the damsel in distress.

Its time to stand up against the bad empire based CEO telling falsehoods about what new characters can accomplish and pushing them towards an in game experience of drudgery and loneliness keeping them in the shadow of ignorance for at nest their own profit at worse apathy towards all the experiences that Eve has to offer.

Captain Death1
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2013-01-26 21:38:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Death1
they say no only because they no poeple would all just make there own server and a play a solo game same reason the vet gankers would figth a 2 pve server to death to stop it from coming .

would be no one left on the pvp server lol Evil

kind of working that way right now with 71% of the players in high sec just alts in low and null

they did make there own server (high sec) they just use bot to buy and sell do all the stuff in game that players do now

o wait that is what the players do all ready lol
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-01-26 21:41:25 UTC
Sidrat Flush wrote:
So people log in to Eve because of the people they play with not the actual game mechanics? Actually in spite of the game mechanics.

And sell thier minerals to who?
Captain Death1
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2013-01-26 21:45:44 UTC
tbh it is a solo game all ready few old players in deniel who have not come around to the truth of it
Dalmont Delantee
Gecko Corp
#30 - 2013-01-26 22:02:24 UTC
Never Private servers are for power gamer idiots who want to pretend to be GM.
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#31 - 2013-01-26 22:24:40 UTC
Not likely. There wouldn't be anything to do.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2013-01-26 22:40:31 UTC
I don't simply think anyone has the bandwidth and server power laying around to power a small shard. The back-end of this thing is apparently a weird shoe-string mess and if they ever sunset Eve, unless a database gets leaked/released I seriously doubt there will ever be an emulator, certainly not a full one.

There's the other issue of a small ponds worth of fish swimming in the ocean that is the eve map.
Newt Rondanse
Magnificent Mayhem Mining
#33 - 2013-01-26 22:42:57 UTC
Why? I may not play in a corp with others, but without other people in the game it would be boring as Hek on a Tuesday right after downtime.
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#34 - 2013-01-26 22:51:41 UTC
Arrrggghhh! Of course matey!

Oh, you said private...
Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#35 - 2013-01-29 19:55:55 UTC
No.

the people I play *with* are the only reason I still play this game.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#36 - 2013-01-29 19:58:25 UTC
Karl Hobb wrote:
Posting in a stealth "Star Citizen is going to suck" thread.

You can't "Stealth" an obvious truth lol.
Sidrat Flush
KarmaFleet
#37 - 2013-01-29 20:04:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Sidrat Flush
I really don't know anything about Star Citizen. Is it the david brab (sp) of Elite fame, game.

No no idea it's not. Still seems worth a read.

Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#38 - 2013-01-29 20:08:17 UTC
Definitely not. EVE is an awful game and the only thing that makes it tolerable is the other people.
Toku Jiang
Jiang Laboratories and Discovery
#39 - 2013-01-29 20:14:35 UTC
No. EVE is far too vast to have a private server with only a few people on it. You would never see anyone. It would be like being on the test server.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#40 - 2013-01-29 20:22:28 UTC
No.
If I want to play with myself, I'll go hide in the bathroom.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc