These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Rockets in pvp, worth it?

First post
Author
Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#21 - 2013-01-24 05:16:34 UTC
OB3ID wrote:
Finally managing to get my ass to low sec...trained them skills I wanted to train, made enough isk to get ganked over and over again, joined RVB..ready to roll! Checked shitload of fits, talked to a lot of people and it seems a lot of people prefer turrets over rockets. I guess I could use drake, but its not cheap enough to get ganked repeatedly, could use hawk, still aint cheap..Kestrel is the winner I guess. Should I start training turrets over rockets? its not like I think rockets are completely useless, but since I have only 17m sp, about 5m in rockets and 1m in turrets, would be so hard to change..

Shitfit that kestrel and get to it!

Once you are comfy and have some money to your name cross train amarr frigates and get yourself the vengeance. Shield tanking is for sissy boys who go and cry to momma CCP. Nothing like being a rocket platform with staying power.
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#22 - 2013-01-24 06:03:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Rockets are fan-*******-tastic. Especially on the right ship or with range bonuses. Take the hawk for example. Put two webs in the mid and and after burner and you have perfect range control. You can hit out at 8k with good skills and be doing your max damage. Meanwhile your auto-cannon or blaster opponent can't hit **** from there. This of course only really concerns frigates and blaster cruisers.

Used to be that the Merlin was your perfect cheap turret platform, but now you want to be flying a Corax.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Kryss Darkdust
The Skulls
#23 - 2013-01-24 07:12:51 UTC
I have a guy in my corp that Trained rockets and Vengence directly after starting. Prior to that I was unbeatable among my corp mates in an Ishkur in a one on one frigate fights regardless of ship, player skill or skill points. People tried with all sorts of ships from the Dramiel on down and their was just no way to beat me. The Vengence has taken the new crown and he is now officially top dawg. The Vengence is just a phenomenal ship, the best in the game in my humble opinion. It will be the first Amarr ship I have ever trained and I never thought I would see that day.

The reality of Eve is that, if you don't love it like it is today, you should probobly go ahead and unsub. 

Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#24 - 2013-01-24 07:53:30 UTC
Kryss Darkdust wrote:
I have a guy in my corp that Trained rockets and Vengence directly after starting. Prior to that I was unbeatable among my corp mates in an Ishkur in a one on one frigate fights regardless of ship, player skill or skill points. People tried with all sorts of ships from the Dramiel on down and their was just no way to beat me. The Vengence has taken the new crown and he is now officially top dawg. The Vengence is just a phenomenal ship, the best in the game in my humble opinion. It will be the first Amarr ship I have ever trained and I never thought I would see that day.

and with the armour revamp coming soon(tm) they will get even better.
OB3ID
Bearded BattleBears
#25 - 2013-01-24 15:35:14 UTC
Thanks for your answers my fellow capsuleers! Pirate
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#26 - 2013-01-24 20:13:16 UTC  |  Edited by: silens vesica
Arduemont wrote:
Rockets are fan-*******-tastic. Especially on the right ship or with range bonuses. Take the hawk for example. Put two webs in the mid and and after burner and you have perfect range control. You can hit out at 8k with good skills and be doing your max damage. Meanwhile your auto-cannon or blaster opponent can't hit **** from there. This of course only really concerns frigates and blaster cruisers.

Used to be that the Merlin was your perfect cheap turret platform, but now you want to be flying a Corax.

Keep bumping those skills, but pay attention... eventually you can outrange your webs. And die. Oops

(Not this alt. Lost range countrol when I went out of range, and webs shut down. He was paying attention and burned in before I could re-establish range control. Boom.)

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Nikea Tiber
Backwater Enterprises RD
#27 - 2013-01-24 21:41:58 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
I'm loving the Malediction and Vengeance.

I put autocannons on my Malediction...

I do as well. If you want some depressing numbers pull up a malediction or heretic on eft and outfit them with t2 ACs. Even without bonuses they out damage bonused rockets, rockets have a bit more range, but current mechanics makes them inferior for attacking small, fast targets such as drones or other frigates.

my other nano is a polycarb

Previous page12