These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Retribution 1.1] Armor Tanking 1.5

First post First post
Author
Naomi Anthar
#1221 - 2013-02-06 17:01:40 UTC
Shpenat wrote:
Roime wrote:
Any word on fixing the Armor Resistance Phasing skill error? Level V currently causes increased cap usage.

I don't think that is an error. Armor repair modules also consume more cap with better skills

Sure it's not error, but as opposite to armor repair modules giving more hp/s - this module consumes more gj and after adjusting to damage type it's just drawback - no gain.
Pinky Denmark
The Cursed Navy
#1222 - 2013-02-06 18:38:40 UTC
Yavax Zavro wrote:
What's the point in reducing plates mass? I don't get it. 1600mm is so popular because of it's HP bonus, changing smaller plates mass won't make them popular (I guess it's the main reason of doing so). People still will be trying to fit 1600mm in their ships anyway Big smile.

Currently shield/nano fleets pretty much dominate all subfleet pvp except station games. Reducing the mass on armor buffer fits and removing the rig velocity penalty on active repair rigs will help close the gap a little...

Unfortunately the tacklers from all races will likely still be forced to fly with shield extenders, but it's still a buff... Still waiting for a buff to active tanking though. Normal armor repairers and shield boosters are so underpowered for pvp these days they could really need a solid boost without threatening the balance except a few exceptions..
Funky Lazers
Funk Freakers
#1223 - 2013-02-06 19:56:20 UTC
I see there is no change about active armor tanking with normal T2/faction reppers.
So my question is simple, why my 4 slot tank Golem tanks 25-30% better than my 4 slot tank Kronos?
Moreover, tanking mods on my Golem are 2 times cheaper then Kronos's ones.

Will that be fixed someday?

Whatever.

Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1224 - 2013-02-06 22:06:17 UTC
i think i might actually love fozzie now, hes like 50% of eve that know how to fix everything pvp wise only actually has the power to do it.

have my eve clone babies fozz, i thought you were a douche when just commenting, but now its only Michael Bolton III i hate :P

keep up the good work fozzie, you just say what everyone is thinking :D

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Manostranoia
Dragoon inc
#1225 - 2013-02-07 03:48:10 UTC
Now fozzie here is a quotation for you when will y'all make it possible to see more armor gangs flying with theses changes. In that spec I an armor purists I love my armor fits will this have to change on how we fit the ships and how we manage them? Because the way things ate going if that shield is taking the stage with all the fleet fights which make me kinda sick of hearing about shield this and shield that. Armor is now taking the back burnerStraight . So will this male armor fleets more viable in the near future?
Manostranoia
Dragoon inc
#1226 - 2013-02-07 03:49:56 UTC
Now fozzie here is a quotation for you when will y'all make it possible to see more armor gangs flying with theses changes. In that spec I an armor purists I love my armor fits will this have to change on how we fit the ships and how we manage them? Because the way things ate going if that shield is taking the stage with all the fleet fights which make me kinda sick of hearing about shield this and shield that. Armor is now taking the back burnerStraight . So will this make armor fleets more viable in the near future?
Luc Chastot
#1227 - 2013-02-07 04:13:28 UTC
Manostranoia wrote:
Now fozzie here is a quotation for you when will y'all make it possible to see more armor gangs flying with theses changes. In that spec I an armor purists I love my armor fits will this have to change on how we fit the ships and how we manage them? Because the way things ate going if that shield is taking the stage with all the fleet fights which make me kinda sick of hearing about shield this and shield that. Armor is now taking the back burnerStraight . So will this make armor fleets more viable in the near future?

I have a strange feeling of deja vĂ¹.

On topic, could the AARs receive a bit more oomph? Right now they're not that great, considering the rep amount is not that much over T2 repers, while ASBs are super easy to fit and don't consume any cap.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Edey
#1228 - 2013-02-07 08:01:00 UTC
Funky Lazers wrote:
I see there is no change about active armor tanking with normal T2/faction reppers.
So my question is simple, why my 4 slot tank Golem tanks 25-30% better than my 4 slot tank Kronos?

That and why there are 3 sub-cap armor repair mods (small, med and large) while shield has 4?
Naomi Anthar
#1229 - 2013-02-07 08:23:11 UTC
Funky Lazers wrote:

What fixed ?CCP thinks that reps and shield boosters etc are ok. That's why no change except PWG is going on for pve. Joke.
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#1230 - 2013-02-07 09:46:59 UTC
Edey wrote:
Funky Lazers wrote:

That and why there are 3 sub-cap armor repair mods (small, med and large) while shield has 4?

Because there is 6 armor buffer module versus 3 shield buffer module.
Hakan MacTrew
Konrakas Forged
Solyaris Chtonium
#1231 - 2013-02-07 13:01:37 UTC
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
Edey wrote:
Funky Lazers wrote:

Not to mention armours 15 resistance modules over shields 9. Oh, and the fact that a DC gives twice as much resistance to armour as it does shields...
Funky Lazers
Funk Freakers
#1232 - 2013-02-07 13:15:46 UTC
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
Edey wrote:
Funky Lazers wrote:

Not to mention armours 15 resistance modules over shields 9. Oh, and the fact that a DC gives twice as much resistance to armour as it does shields...

You can have 100 armor resist mods and still it means nothing.

Shield have invuls and active hardeners which is more than enough to be better at tanking.

My Pithum A-Type adaptive invul gives me 46% of every resists. Show me the same mod on armor tanking.

Whatever.

Naomi Anthar
#1233 - 2013-02-07 13:50:43 UTC

Shield have [b]invuls[/ba] nd active hardeners which is more than enough to be better at tanking.

My Pithum A-Type adaptive invul gives me 46% of every resists. Show me the same mod on armor tanking.

While i agree shields are vastly superior i must mention armor got active hardeners too. Just not omni. And that makes big difference.
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#1234 - 2013-02-07 13:55:27 UTC
Naomi Anthar wrote:

While i agree shields are vastly superior i must mention armor got active hardeners too. Just not omni. And that makes big difference.

You need 1 of each specific hardener to equal the effectiveness of 2 invulns. 4 slots vs 2 slots does make a big difference.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1235 - 2013-02-07 15:31:38 UTC
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
Naomi Anthar wrote:

You need 1 of each specific hardener to equal the effectiveness of 2 invulns. 4 slots vs 2 slots does make a big difference.

And double cap consumption for ships already loosing huge chunks of cap just by firing their ammo and still require the mandatory cap injector.

Even if the invulnerability field gets the passive resist removed thus decreasing tank, ships using those can still fire their ammo, once your armor ship is cap out only thing you can do is watch your ship explode. RAH didn't help on cap saving, no no.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1236 - 2013-02-07 15:34:34 UTC
Hakan MacTrew wrote:

You should really train all those uber armor skills, fly active armor tanking ships and then come back give us a couple lessons and tell us shields are underpowered.

You're not getting the core of the problem, at all.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

PavlikX
Scan Stakan
HOLD MY PROBS
#1237 - 2013-02-07 18:04:06 UTC
Well, for what reason AAR needed? Add paste loading to the ordinary repairers. No limitations, versions and so on. They are exists allready.

PS Just idea
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#1238 - 2013-02-07 18:22:39 UTC
With just 5 days till the release of 1.1 it seems much of these changes are more or less set in stone...

Fozzie, I find it rather disheartening that outside of a modest decrease in grid requirements, there have been no real changes to standard reppers. AAR are cool and all but I think you've dropped the ball on addressing some of the major concerns that have been voiced by the most experienced this community has to offer over the past 4+ years. You did not even mention the imbalance in the progression of deadspace reppers vs boosters which to me indicates you and your cohorts have done a rather sloppy job. Beyond the vast imbalance in hp per second, you missed another major issue with the dead space comparison which ends up putting the cap efficiency in favor of shield mods instead of armor reppers which is beyond short sighted. You guys need to actually start running numbers on the entirety of the comparison, not just selectively choosing what you want to focus on.

Overall I must say that this active armor tanking "buff" is nothing more than gimmick. Not impressed in the slightest.
Naomi Anthar
#1239 - 2013-02-07 19:12:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Naomi Anthar
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
With just 5 days till the release of 1.1 it seems much of these changes are more or less set in stone...

Fozzie, I find it rather disheartening that outside of a modest decrease in grid requirements, there have been no real changes to standard reppers. AAR are cool and all but I think you've dropped the ball on addressing some of the major concerns that have been voiced by the most experienced this community has to offer over the past 4+ years. You did not even mention the imbalance in the progression of deadspace reppers vs boosters which to me indicates you and your cohorts have done a rather sloppy job. Beyond the vast imbalance in hp per second, you missed another major issue with the dead space comparison which ends up putting the cap efficiency in favor of shield mods instead of armor reppers which is beyond short sighted. You guys need to actually start running numbers on the entirety of the comparison, not just selectively choosing what you want to focus on.

Overall I must say that this active armor tanking "buff" is nothing more than gimmick. Not impressed in the slightest.

Can i like this post more times ? Not just once ? Yeah progression in deadspace/faction reps compared to what shield boosters get is another gamebreaking advantage for PvE mostly , but still advantage.

Those who "don't know what is going on" ... look at prices of A - type small shield booster and A - type small armor rep. Price is not so high for boosters because people like shields more. Price is so high because its so frigging good that people actually use it on cruisers and battlecruisers too LOL. And who does use small reps on cruiser ? Pathethic hp/s.
Pinky Denmark
The Cursed Navy
#1240 - 2013-02-07 19:36:42 UTC
Funky Lazers wrote:

comparing armor tank DIRECTLY with shield tank is bad mkay? Especially when the 2 ships are not designed to tank the same, but are designed to be somewhat balanced against eachother taking many stats into consideration...