These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Pirate Faction Rookie Frigates - On Sisi (screenshots inside)

Author
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#41 - 2013-01-19 21:05:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
RubyPorto wrote:
Gogela wrote:
At the risk of feeding the rumor mill to much... word on my streets is that CCP is going to expand FW to pirate factions, and that player w/ accounts 2 years old will be able to create pirate toons that in turn get these pirate rookie ships. They said they were going to do that from the start with FW... and to me this looks like what's happening here with the rookie ships.

I have been betting the Genosis would be involved with the 10th anniversary for years though. It just kind of follows. They turned the SoCT 1 frigate into the Apotheosis for the 5th... so SoCT Cruiser for the 10th... right?

They all look pretty baller, and I think the idea of a limited (but wide) issue of a competent fighting ship is an interesting choice from a market perspective.

Will it behave like the Genolution Implants where people fly and die in them regularly, or like the primae which sits in hangars doing nothing?

If it brings ANY unique capability to the field at all people will be dying in them a lot. If it's the same as (insert ship here) with a nerf to (insert attribute) or with one less (inset slot) then it will be a hanger queen. Maybe it'll have some weird bonus though... if it does there will be a lot of these on killboards.

Actually... if they keep the Genosis stats like they are it'll be a killer. People will use it.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Romvex
TURN LEFT
#42 - 2013-01-19 21:51:28 UTC
Is it just me or are those pirate rookie ships totally OP?
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#43 - 2013-01-19 23:33:19 UTC
Romvex wrote:
Is it just me or are those pirate rookie ships totally OP?

Who cares if they are? They are still less powerful than a T1 frig. I mean... who are they gonna gank? Other rookie ships? lol!

Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#44 - 2013-01-20 00:10:32 UTC
Gogela wrote:
I mean... who are they gonna gank? Other rookie ships? lol!

Idea

wumbo

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#45 - 2013-01-20 00:18:16 UTC
I'd really love to be able to declare allegiance to a pirate alliance for my existing characters. I've got one in particular that should just be declared Sansha and get it over with. His standings are utterly shot with everyone else. Starting a new character could be fun too.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

fukier
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2013-01-20 00:28:52 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
I'd really love to be able to declare allegiance to a pirate alliance for my existing characters. I've got one in particular that should just be declared Sansha and get it over with. His standings are utterly shot with everyone else. Starting a new character could be fun too.

-Liang

you already can declare your loyalty
At the end of the game both the pawn and the Queen go in the same box.
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#47 - 2013-01-20 01:08:59 UTC
\o/ Pure awesomeness CCP. More pirate ships! What's not to like?

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Velarra
#48 - 2013-01-20 01:13:21 UTC
fukier wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

-Liang

you already can declare your loyalty

As well as set standings to their respective Pirate factions via the personal / corporate standings mechanics.
Regkar Koskanaiken
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#49 - 2013-01-20 03:12:32 UTC
I hope it's not just for older accounts, I'd really love to participate in some good pirate faction-y goodness without waiting another year.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#50 - 2013-01-20 04:28:23 UTC
Regkar Koskanaiken wrote:
I hope it's not just for older accounts, I'd really love to participate in some good pirate faction-y goodness without waiting another year.

1) We're still in rumor country.

2) I'm sure it's not lost on ccp's marketing group that introducing a new "race" is a good way to get in on the ground level of an established MMO in the minds of would-be subscribers. CCP ain't a non-profit organization.

Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2013-01-20 04:39:09 UTC
If I were able to make a pirate faction character, I would make another account.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#52 - 2013-01-20 05:01:40 UTC
well if they make pirate BCs and Pirate Destroyers and additional hulls in the larger classes for each race (ie 2 battleships 2 battelcuisers, 2 destroyers, and 1-5 more frigates.) Then we know something is up for sure :P

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Streya Jormagdnir
Alexylva Paradox
#53 - 2013-01-20 06:00:42 UTC
I don't think it would quite make sense to introduce new races whenever all the pirate factions are made up of all the currently-existing races. Mechanically speaking, the "member races" of all the pirate factions are currently consist of the four standard races, and this notion is backed up by lore as well (the Angel Cartel and Sansha's Nation for example have people of all races in them).

In any case, if they do release these rookie ships I hope people who already have a character and account will be able to access them. As a light roleplayer I'd love to have the Angel Cartel rookie ship every time I dock up at a station after losing a ship, but definitely don't want to throw away my SP just to make a new toon either. Perhaps CCP will allow us to switch which rookie ship type we receive when we dock at stations without a ship? Maybe a new tab under "Insurance" and a small fee to pay would do the trick. This would provide the added benefit of giving cross-trained players something more familiar to be in too; a Gallentean toon who's cross-trained into Caldari might enjoy getting an Ibis rather than a Velator. Because even though rookie ships are largely regarded as useless, the new V3'd versions sure are nice eye candy; I'd pay 10-20k ISK to get a different type of rookie ship if I like its looks, hands down. And the Echo looks nice Big smile

I am also a human, straggling between the present world... and our future. I am a regulator, a coordinator, one who is meant to guide the way.

Destination Unreachable: the worst Wspace blog ever

Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2013-01-20 06:22:41 UTC
It would be awesome if instead of getting noobships determined by your starting race, there was a little button that can give you one noob ship every half hour or so (per station). However, the noobship given to you when you press the button is determined by the owner/type of the station.

Gallente stations would give Velators. Caldari stations would give out the Ibis. Serpentis stations would give out the violator, and so on...

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Solhild
Doomheim
#55 - 2013-01-20 08:57:19 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:
It would be awesome if instead of getting noobships determined by your starting race, there was a little button that can give you one noob ship every half hour or so (per station). However, the noobship given to you when you press the button is determined by the owner/type of the station.

Gallente stations would give Velators. Caldari stations would give out the Ibis. Serpentis stations would give out the violator, and so on...

I've supported this idea before. The argument against this was based around the skills not being there to use frigates of other races, and their weapon systems. I'm fine with pods docking and frigates only being given if skills and standing are good enough.
Sarmatiko
#56 - 2013-01-20 14:10:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarmatiko
Solhild wrote:

I've supported this idea before. The argument against this was based around the skills not being there to use frigates of other races, and their weapon systems. I'm fine with pods docking and frigates only being given if skills and standing are good enough.

Or CCP can just remove obsolete frigate skill requirements from noobships, because bonuses not depend from them anyway. Currently Styx and Echo doesn't have any of those requirements, and Hematos, Taipan, Violator have them (only because on early stage they were created as copies of existing rookie ships).
And there is no problems with weapons, because fresh rookie ships are pre-fitted with civilian gun/mining laser. It's up to pilot how to fit their ship after that.

update: in the next SISI build skill reqs for Hematos, Taipan, Violator probably will be removed.
Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2013-01-20 14:50:08 UTC
This would be awesome> Is it still ingame?

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

Silivar Karkun
Doomheim
#58 - 2013-01-20 16:40:54 UTC
Stegas Tyrano wrote:

yeah, he just got revampe in V3 graphics, but all the traditional ships for the pirate factions still exist, the Ixion, the Medusa, etc..
Solhild
Doomheim
#59 - 2013-01-20 19:46:37 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
Solhild wrote:

Or CCP can just remove obsolete frigate skill requirements from noobships, because bonuses not depend from them anyway. Currently Styx and Echo doesn't have any of those requirements, and Hematos, Taipan, Violator have them (only because on early stage they were created as copies of existing rookie ships).
And there is no problems with weapons, because fresh rookie ships are pre-fitted with civilian gun/mining laser. It's up to pilot how to fit their ship after that.

Sounds good to me.
Romvex
TURN LEFT
#60 - 2013-01-20 19:55:43 UTC
Silivar Karkun wrote:
Stegas Tyrano wrote:

yeah, he just got revampe in V3 graphics, but all the traditional ships for the pirate factions still exist, the Ixion, the Medusa, etc..

according to Gogela's every ship page it's been removed, and i've never seen it before anyway