These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Farmers and FW: throwing them off the castle wall

Author
kraiklyn Asatru
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#101 - 2013-01-18 17:20:56 UTC
@Veshta ground control is cearain.

@ Cynthia, I play for my amusement. Same goes for most TRIAD players. That's why we don't have 400 or more kills a month, and why we fly together with friends and derp about. instead of being online the entire day and using multiple alts to plex. Come after Eszur and we won't play nice. We are willing to help the rest of the militia as long as we enjoy it. I know you hate us and all but I can't bring myself to care. Keep in mind that you are abnormal and I don't think you can be fixed.

Ps> I now I am too soft and nice for eve. whatever.

marketjacker
Mr. Clean Corp..
#102 - 2013-01-18 17:30:53 UTC
Hidden Snake wrote:
dexington wrote:
If you have chased of the attacker, why don't you not just run down the timer?

Merdaneth wrote:
1. The timer is immediately reset to its neutral state if an opposing side is alone in the plex
If you are attacking, and you invested 13 minutes into a 15 minute timer, and you are run off, then you the timer resets and when you return, you'll again need 15 minutes to capture the plex. This way someone chasing off a farmer has actually gained 13 minutes time for his faction, for a 1 minute investment (the warp to the plex). He can chose to stay and invest 15 minutes of his time to run the timer all the way down and take the plex for his side, or he can move on chasing others out of plexes: you've thrown the attacker off the wall.

This means that a medium/large gang can defend every plex is a large number of systems, by forcing the attackers to warp out resetting the timer and moving on.

well nanoatron is faster then most of the crap flying around now ... or nanoslasher ... so he will just burn out and back .... and also cloaky farmers will cause more problems. CCP is not solving rootcause just patching the hole and making new holes.

And conservating the actual state of the battlefield, because offensive plexing will become much more tougher in populated systems (there will be no tactics of ships sitting in more plexes and comming for fight etc. - just blob or nothing).

It's ironic that you think CCP forces you to do the blob or nothing tactic, it's the loss averse nerds like yourself that encourage that more than anything.
marketjacker
Mr. Clean Corp..
#103 - 2013-01-18 17:34:05 UTC
Look another thread full of brilliant ideas and great topics. Oh wait it's another **** flinging thread about a game mechanic that ends up boiling down to a handful of people that will NEVER stop playing the game the same way no mattter how much it really changes. Shut down FW for good, the war was over once anyone interesting left years ago.
Dan Carter Murray
#104 - 2013-01-19 00:01:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Dan Carter Murray
ground ctrl wrote:
Dan Carter Murray wrote:
I just want to say to the morons who put alts into opposing militia (Amarr putting alts in FDU or TLF) that my dplexing alt who is Amarr has made me 8 bil isk to date since they made LP changes for dplexing. This isk is from dplexing both high and low contested systems.

Oh noes! I can't make 16 bil. 8 bil isk is fine though. probably 2 bil of that was @ tier 1.

quit crying about the mechanics and put your alt back into Amarr so it can be awoxed. I mean...put it back into Amarr to dplex so your main gets awoxed for being a traitor...I mean just quit crying and your main back into Amarr.

Again, the formula for FW is:

enter plex
  • enemy came to fight?
  • no - you made isk
    yes - you got pvp
  • did you win?
  • no - you got pvp
    yes - you got isk and pvp

stfu

I am glad you enjoy spending hours of your life multiboxing alts deplexing systems for isk. That does not sound fun to me. I would prefer to actually get pvp on my main that have some context in the war at large.

And don't assume that alts in other militias are doing plexing.

I am pvping on my main. and i wouldn't call it multiboxing. once i hear the shield alarm i alt tab and move alt to new plex to dplex.

but no i don't pvp on my main Roll

http://mfi.re/?j7ldoco 50GB free space @ MediaFire.com

Kazim Scumling
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #105 - 2013-01-19 01:23:38 UTC
    Cynthia Nezmor wrote:
    After all 4 militias could do the same thing, it was perfectly balanced.

IMO Balance should not be the only concern on a game design. All the games I played which had some kind of faction PvP, had some systems which are against the snowball effect for the winning side. I never seen that "Faction Pride" was enough for a loosing faction to get back from ruins to recover without any kind of game mechanic encouraging them. Without such mechanics war generally sticks into a state that people choose/switch sides depending on if they want to be underdog or winner. After all it's fairly easy to switch sides or even better get the best of both sides like many do right now.

I can say that FW we have now, is more attractive, lucrative and full of action compared to what it was. And I definitely can say it's an improvement, as it encourages people to leave high-sec, to get involved in a bit more "sandbox" side of EVE. In that sense I'm glad.

However it's far from being complete. And the attitude CSM and CCP claiming it's close to be complete, is a mistake. It would be pretty surprising if we see Amarr or Caldari pushing back to get the upperhand on following years (not months but years) with the current rule-set. I hope I'm wrong on that matter as otherwise faction sovereignty would be a very dull part of this game.

Anyways my corp leaving FW next downtime and moving to 0.0 and I want to say "Amarr Victor!" for one last time :) Thanks to both friends and enemies as last 2 months were full of fun and PvP.
    Wiedzmin 3
    Viziam
    Amarr Empire
    #106 - 2013-01-20 11:27:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Wiedzmin 3
    Kazim Scumling wrote:
    Cynthia Nezmor wrote:

IMO Balance should not be the only concern on a game design. All the games I played which had some kind of faction PvP, had some systems which are against the snowball effect for the winning side. I never seen that "Faction Pride" was enough for a loosing faction to get back from ruins to recover without any kind of game mechanic encouraging them.

Why not? It is enough for nullbears. And what else is in this game? Farming ISK? Farming killmails? With enough experience the latter is actually less fun.
    ground ctrl
    Goose Swarm Coalition
    #107 - 2013-01-20 18:49:59 UTC
    Wiedzmin 3 wrote:
    Kazim Scumling wrote:
    Cynthia Nezmor wrote:

IMO Balance should not be the only concern on a game design. All the games I played which had some kind of faction PvP, had some systems which are against the snowball effect for the winning side. I never seen that "Faction Pride" was enough for a loosing faction to get back from ruins to recover without any kind of game mechanic encouraging them.

Why not? It is enough for nullbears. And what else is in this game? Farming ISK? Farming killmails? With enough experience the latter is actually less fun.

Faction pride does not really keep any null bears frighting for the losing side. In fact nothing keeps people fighting for the losing side. That is why losing sides stop existing and are replaced with new alliances. Unless ccp plans on making new races every time one loses I don't think that will work well in fw.

Plus I don't think Null sec is a very good model. Ever since BOB was taken out and the mittani has been head of goons Null sec couldn't be more dull. Since BOB left the basic premise of null sec is "lets be friends and carebear together."
    Kazim Scumling
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #108 - 2013-01-20 20:52:11 UTC
    Btw it seems Amarr is T3 and Minmatar is T2 now. I think they waited for me to leave the FW ;p If things turn out like this my proposition of "Faction Pride is not enough" will go to the sewers :D Amarr Victor!!!!