These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Gallente Strategy for Total Warzone Domination Revealed

First post First post
Author
X Gallentius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#161 - 2013-01-27 21:47:09 UTC
Trickster Coyote wrote:

Now, with his assistance, we shall drive them from their market hubs. Revealing the true power of commerce that is Dodixie.
Confirming Dodixie is the new Jita.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#162 - 2013-01-27 22:40:16 UTC
>implying, regardless of the humorous context of this thread, that Dodixie isn't actually the new Jita

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

X Gallentius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#163 - 2013-01-28 02:01:40 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
>implying, regardless of the humorous context of this thread, that Dodixie isn't actually the new Jita
Actually it is. Jita is too much of an advantage to the Caldari militia, so CCP is shutting it down to encourage everybody to move Eve's main market hub to Dodixie.
Squatdog
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#164 - 2013-01-28 02:30:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Squatdog
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Squatdog wrote:
Strategy for Total Warzone Domination:

Lose systems hand over fist and get knocked down from T4 to T2 in the space of a few weeks, solely because a decently-sized alliance joined Caldari and evened the numbers.

I guess BlobCats and Spiritus Draconis can go back to Minmatard and farm free LP, right? Oh wait...

LOL!

You are honestly one of the most humourless and bitter pilots I've ever seen in EVE Online. I honestly think you should leave factional warfare because it obviously isn't providing you with the relaxation, enjoyment or entertainment that a video game should, and it can't be fun being this upset all the time.

How am I upset?

Watching Gallente failcascade in hilarious fashion after talking a huge amount of smack on the forums has been an ongoing source of entertainment for myself and the rest of Caldari Militia.

Meanwhile, you become so upset and angry at your continual failure in PVP that you made a tear-drenched thread begging the rest of the player community for help.
Dread Operative
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#165 - 2013-01-28 06:32:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Dread Operative
Squattingtopoopdog wrote:
Watching Gallente failcascade in hilarious fashion after talking a huge amount of smack on the forums has been an ongoing source of entertainment for myself and the rest of Caldari Militia.

Failcascade.....hmmmm..... no large corps or alliances left (the Squid special), no corps or alliances war dec'ing eachother (another SquidMil fail move), good fights, ungodly amount of LP earned, and no Finish forum queens.

I fail to see how GalMil is failcscading. I only see you talking big and bad riding the shirttails of the Alliance giving the good fights and plexing systems down. Good job. ::Slow clap::
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#166 - 2013-01-28 10:16:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Andreus Ixiris
Squatdog wrote:
How am I upset?

Every single post you make - and by that I mean literally every post in your recent post history - is you either whining about or insulting the Gallente militia. You seem to have no respect for people on the other side of the battle (which is a simple feat even Goons can manage) and little enough respect for members of your own militia. I've never seen you "gf" in local after a battle, which Gallente militia do even with the Drama Queen himself. You seem to have completely missed the point of this thread in that it's meant to be humorous ribbing. In short - generally, people who are content and enjoying their game don't whine nearly as much as you.

I mean, look at this sort of thing:

Squatdog wrote:

So losing no major alliances, maintaining relatively good morale and getting good fights despite being knocked down to Tier 2 counts as "failcascading?" Dopified's gangs held up the conquest of Hasmijaala for nearly a week and they never numbered more than fifteen pilots at a time. Despite losing more ships than the Caldari we came out ahead in ISK destroyed in almost every engagement. Yeah, we're losing territory but squids have a lot more territory to conquer before they kick us out of FW space and it seems to me like you're not taking it anywhere near as fast as you were. It seems to me that you're projecting what you want to happen - i.e. failcascading - onto a reality that doesn't match it and trying to make the pieces fit.

Squatdog wrote:
Meanwhile, you become so upset and angry at your continual failure in PVP that you made a tear-drenched thread begging the rest of the player community for help.

"Tear drenched?" See, this is pretty much another indicator of how you're projecting what you want to be true onto a reality that doesn't resemble it (and it's also a good indicator that you didn't actually read the thread). I'm getting Hookbill kills with faction loot drops and Omen Navy Issue kills in a logistics cruiser - yeah, I've lost a ton of Merlins, but oh well, Merlins. I've already made half a billion off the LP I plexed and killed for in just the first two days I was in FW. My corp's growing in numbers, we got our first Dustie and I have more money in my wallet than I've ever had before. Old friends of mine are actually coming back to the game just to join my corp. I've made new friends in the Gallente militia as well.

Meanwhile, WHG, basically the only corporation in the Caldari militia I have an enduring respect for (MXD actually has a "do not pod" list, and the only Caldari militia pilot on it is a member of WHG) is disbanding. Funny, that.

And on another note, what's wrong with admitting you have a deficiency and asking for help? The help the player community has given me actually made me a better PvPer.

EVE is fun again, I'm really, really rich (even though we're only on Tier 2!) and I owe it all to how awesome the FDU is. Much love.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Squatdog
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#167 - 2013-01-28 10:54:09 UTC
Dread Operative wrote:
Squattingtopoopdog wrote:

Failcascade.....hmmmm..... no large corps or alliances left (the Squid special), no corps or alliances war dec'ing eachother (another SquidMil fail move), good fights, ungodly amount of LP earned, and no Finish forum queens.

I fail to see how GalMil is failcscading.

The Gallente failbads specifically claimed that they'd use their massive numerical superiority to cap every Caldari and Amarr system 'until there was none left'.Now that we're approaching even numbers (thanks to Ev0ke), Gallente have been completely humiliated as they frantically abandon system after system and don't even have the luxury of going back to Minmatar to farm free LP and cheap ganks.

Quote:
I only see you talking big and bad riding the shirttails of the Alliance giving the good fights and plexing systems down. Good job. ::Slow clap::
[/quote]

Ev0ke provided the numbers in Black Rise and ensured Gallente couldn't continue to blob with outrageously one-sided odds.

I personally plexed down and flipped Hysera, Hasmajaila, Oto and Nagamanan (along with the half dozen or so Caldari who actually live in the pipe). Gallente tried to defend, but failed miserably whenever they couldn't field a 2v1 advantage:

www.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=16017540

www.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=16039566

The last one was a 14v16 cruiser fight but Gallente are so terrible at PVP that they couldn't manage to get a single kill with their armour/logi fleet.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#168 - 2013-01-28 11:38:41 UTC
Squatdog wrote:
The Gallente failbads specifically claimed that they'd use their massive numerical superiority to cap every Caldari and Amarr system 'until there was none left'.Now that we're approaching even numbers (thanks to Ev0ke), Gallente have been completely humiliated as they frantically abandon system after system and don't even have the luxury of going back to Minmatar to farm free LP and cheap ganks.

Ev0ke provided the numbers in Black Rise and ensured Gallente couldn't continue to blob with outrageously one-sided odds.

Whining about blobbing and uneven numbers is the refuge of the insecure. It's somewhat illustrative that you're complaining about it (which is pretty lame in and of itself, given that outnumbering an enemy is a perfectly valid tactical advantage which almost every successful alliance and corporation in EVE besides Rooks and Kings - who make a point to intentionally fight outnumbered - have used), and then bring up Ev0ke, who have been observed to drop forty Thrashers on a small plex.

It's also pretty funny that you're outright admitting Caldari are only winning because an 800-man nullsec alliance joined you. Even X Gallentius wouldn't have been so uncharitable.

Squatdog wrote:
I personally plexed down and flipped Hysera, Hasmajaila, Oto and Nagamanan (along with the half dozen or so Caldari who actually live in the pipe). Gallente tried to defend, but failed miserably whenever they couldn't field a 2v1 advantage:

The last one was a 14v16 cruiser fight but Gallente are so terrible at PVP that they couldn't manage to get a single kill with their armour/logi fleet.

In a war, you're always going to lose some battles. I could bring up the cruiser fight in which you engaged two T1 DPS cruisers and two T1 logis with a 2v1 advantage and only managed to kill the Logi ships after you lost a Navy Omen, and didn't even manage to stop the DPS cruisers from warping out, or the fight in which you couldn't kill ten frigates in five destroyers and an AF.

But I'm not going to, because you win some and you lose some, and your childish behaviour ("Gallente failbads?" Seriously?) basically proves my point about being miserable and bitter.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

ALUCARD 1208
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#169 - 2013-01-28 13:14:47 UTC
dont get into it with squirreldog hell just post those same 2 kill mails for a week. hes like a stuck record
Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#170 - 2013-01-28 15:44:09 UTC
Can this thread die already? All the humor/things worth reading were on the first couple of pages...
X Gallentius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#171 - 2013-01-28 17:09:30 UTC
Super Chair wrote:
Can this thread die already? All the humor/things worth reading were on the first couple of pages...
Unfortunately, this is something we (Gallente Militia, CCP, Hans) cannot control. Squatdog is a force of nature and there is no stopping him.
Squatdog
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#172 - 2013-01-29 01:01:24 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Squatdog wrote:

Whining about blobbing and uneven numbers is the refuge of the insecure. It's somewhat illustrative that you're complaining about it (which is pretty lame in and of itself, given that outnumbering an enemy is a perfectly valid tactical advantage which almost every successful alliance and corporation in EVE besides Rooks and Kings - who make a point to intentionally fight outnumbered - have used), and then bring up Ev0ke, who have been observed to drop forty Thrashers on a small plex.

It's also pretty funny that you're outright admitting Caldari are only winning because an 800-man nullsec alliance joined you. Even X Gallentius wouldn't have been so uncharitable.

Squatdog wrote:

In a war, you're always going to lose some battles. I could bring up the cruiser fight in which you engaged two T1 DPS cruisers and two T1 logis with a 2v1 advantage and only managed to kill the Logi ships after you lost a Navy Omen, and didn't even manage to stop the DPS cruisers from warping out, or the fight in which you couldn't kill ten frigates in five destroyers and an AF.

But I'm not going to, because you win some and you lose some, and your childish behaviour ("Gallente failbads?" Seriously?) basically proves my point about being miserable and bitter.

LOL@the tearful wall of text...

While it's amusing that you acknowledge that Caldari is 'winning', once this is solely because Ev0ke provided the numbers Caldari needed to approach parity with the Gallente failblob.

Back on topic, exactly HOW did Gallente take the remaining systems (for a whole day)? That's right, they systematically blobbed each system one at a time after setting up a POS for links/spare ships and invariably ran from even fights and hid until they could come back with double the numbers. Look at what happened to you in Hasmajalia time and time again. No wonder you're so angry.

Shadow Adanza
Gold Crest Salvage
#173 - 2013-01-29 01:23:04 UTC
Tonight on Weekly Insider: People who take video games too seriously.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Deacon Abox
Black Eagle5
#174 - 2013-01-29 05:11:43 UTC
Squatdog wrote:
Back on topic, exactly HOW did Gallente take the remaining systems (for a whole day)? That's right, they systematically blobbed each system one at a time after setting up a POS for links/spare ships and invariably ran from even fights and hid until they could come back with double the numbers. Look at what happened to you in Hasmajalia time and time again. No wonder you're so angry.

Yes, you've unmasked our secret. It was so easy to use the blob tactic you have figured out. We do it all the time and squids never do it. I don't know why we abandonned this strategy. It is clearly the only way to win eve. But, anyway I guess we have now lent it to you. Tier 0 here we come Sad

CCP, there are off buttons for ship explosions, missile effects, turret effects, etc. "Immersion" does not seem to be harmed by those. So, [u]please[/u] give us a persisting off button for the jump gate and autoscan visuals.

Dread Operative
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#175 - 2013-01-29 05:31:48 UTC
Squatdog wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Squatdog wrote:

Squatdog wrote:

While it's amusing that you acknowledge that Caldari is 'winning', once this is solely because Ev0ke provided the numbers Caldari needed to approach parity with the Gallente failblob.

LoL@Bragging about wins that have 2 Blackbirds and another with a Falcon. Since you like killboards so much, let's compare Militias shall we. November, GalMil wins by a bit. December, GalMil wins by a bit, January, even with the introduction of your saviors (by the way another LoL@ you think we outnumbered you by 800) we are whooping your ass by a huge margin. Every single one of those months we destroy way more isk and lose more Isk, because we fight the big fights. We bring the fight (whelp according to you) to nullsec alliances, gain respect across the eve-verse as you guys are happy about taking a few systems. [Slow clap] Wow, you must be so proud that you can win outnumbered while being able to jam out almost half the enemy fleet and taking some systems. [/clap]

Anyhow, this child is tiring me, and frankly makes my brain hurt with his tired and repetitive LoL you bad LoL you blob insults. How do you block on forums?
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
Shadow Cartel
#176 - 2013-01-29 07:23:59 UTC
Trickster Coyote wrote:

Welcome your new Overlords Squids, soon enough we'll be taking your women.

Those are just corpses we find at gates and put lipstick and dresses on.

I have a few 'second hand' ones you can buy. Big smile
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#177 - 2013-01-29 08:51:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Andreus Ixiris
Squatdog wrote:

Man, you're a pretty ****** troll if literally the most devastating thing you can think of is "b-b-but YOU MAD!"

Squatdog wrote:

So you counter-blobbed. There's no shame in that, but have the balls to admit it, man!

Squatdog wrote:

You mean how we won nearly constantly against superior numbers of faction ships in T1 frigates and delayed the capture of Hasmijaala by a week?

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Squatdog
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#178 - 2013-01-29 09:09:11 UTC
Quote:

LoL@Bragging about wins that have 2 Blackbirds and another with a Falcon. [/clap]

Anyhow, this child is tiring me, and frankly makes my brain hurt with his tired and repetitive LoL you bad LoL you blob insults. How do you block on forums?

You realise Falcons can't enter Novice Plexes, right? Less lies please.

The two Blackbirds were against a larger gang with no less than three Logis.

Why are Gallente always so frightened of ECM?

Quote:
Since you like killboards so much, let's compare Militias shall we. November, GalMil wins by a bit. December, GalMil wins by a bit, January, even with the introduction of your saviors (by the way another LoL@ you think we outnumbered you by 800) we are whooping your ass by a huge margin. Every single one of those months we destroy way more isk and lose more Isk, because we fight the big fights. We bring the fight (whelp according to you) to nullsec alliances, gain respect across the eve-verse as you guys are happy about taking a few systems. [Slow clap] Wow, you must be so proud that you can win outnumbered while being able to jam out almost half the enemy fleet and taking some systems.

Gallente STILL outnumber Caldari. Look at the FW statistics in-game.

Not to mention that a huge number of Caldari's nominal figure is made up of random non-contributing players who entered FW on a goof and choose Caldari because that's their starting race or it's close to Jita, where they live.

Quote:
Yes, you've unmasked our secret. It was so easy to use the blob tactic you have figured out. We do it all the time and squids never do it. I don't know why we abandonned this strategy. It is clearly the only way to win eve. But, anyway I guess we have now lent it to you. Tier 0 here we come

Blobbing is wholly dependent on superior numbers.

No numerical superiority, no blob.

No blob, Gallente can't win at PVP.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#179 - 2013-01-29 09:36:00 UTC
Dread Operative wrote:

Little yellow triangle to the left of their name. Click it and select "Hide posts." Gets rid of children like Squirrel right quick.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Dread Operative
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#180 - 2013-01-29 11:29:29 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Eterne
Squatdog wrote:
You realise Falcons can't enter Novice Plexes, right? Less lies please.

Checking checking checking...Nope doesn't say plex size on killboard. So we'll take the Falcon out of the equation, hmmm looking at the first couple deaths/kills of the fight on your side, the killmails show 5-6 GalMil pilots. Then we look at your killmails, and we see numbers ranging from 5-7, So it was an even fight AND you had logi frigs. So not only is not a "fair" fight, you had the number advantage, as well as the fleet comp advantage. It's funny though cause you never hear GalMil complaining about losing, that is your tactic. You must lose A LOT to be so proud of this kill report.
*posting of killmails is not allowed* - CCP Eterne

Quote:
The two Blackbirds were against a larger gang with no less than three Logis.

I guess we'll have to take you for your word on this one but seeing I just showed your dispensaries on your first killmail, it might be a hard pill to swallow. Also, we dislike ECM cause it allows scrubs like you to fight. win, and LoL we kicked your ass blobbers. No in fact you won cause no one could shoot anything.

Quote:
Gallente STILL outnumber Caldari. Look at the FW statistics in-game.

Not to mention that a huge number of Caldari's nominal figure is made up of random non-contributing players who entered FW on a goof and choose Caldari because that's their starting race or it's close to Jita, where they live.

So only YOUR figures are skewed my non-contributing members or because it's their starting race? Or null sec carebear farmers? Shoot I have 2 GalMil alts.

And so what if we have a hundred or so more "players" then you, we have FOUR THOUSAND MORE KILLS. That's right, 4000. None of our 10 top killers have less then 200 kills, when your militia's TOP killer has 190. So you go spouting your stupid "Damar" misleading arguments and your stupid LoL yo. No one believes them, your own militia isn't even stepping up to the plate for you. I am done with you, get served.

@Andreus, thanks doing that now.