These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

DUST 514 Live on Tranquility - Issues & Feedback

First post
Author
Victor Rive
Magical Unicorn and Friends
#101 - 2013-01-13 04:28:30 UTC
Tomiko Kawase wrote:
Victor Rive wrote:
So for some reason whenever i join an instant action game no matter how well i do i only get 50xp but a couple if hrs ago i was getting well above 5000 xp a match wats happened?

There's a daily cap on the amount of SP you can receive. After that point you gain 50 SP per match played.

Well when we are out of beta there better not be because wats the point of having a dedicated group of mercs who wanna be the best yet cant get there faster than anyone else, and atleast for the time being raise it substantially it took me 30mins to hit that cap aghhh'. On the other hand the passive training scheme like in eve is something very new for consoles :)
Lex Avril
Incognito Mode
Brotherhood of Spacers
#102 - 2013-01-13 05:16:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Lex Avril
'Compare' feature in the items of Cruise Missiles info is messed up.

Oh well, obviously just with my 2nd client. nvm.
Soknorb Revned
The Northerners
Pandemic Horde
#103 - 2013-01-13 05:33:30 UTC
you guys made this pointless announcement, but the server does not even work..... and i was curious as to if our free SP from duality is going to be moved over to sisi.
Proddy Scun
Doomheim
#104 - 2013-01-13 12:28:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Proddy Scun
Missiles and rockets arriving at great delay would be great thing for DUST !!!

There is a certain value in making rocket attacks be like Vietnam folding-fin rocket barrages -- force abandonment of exposed strategic position in favor of better concealment or just not being in position under about to come under bombardment. Enemy forces could often hear incoming helicopters from far off -- actually increased effectiveness of rocket barrage in making enemy want to shift positions as effects of actual rocket barrage was very erratic (random from almost nothing to fairly heavy casualties with a tendency toward light).

Twisted Forcing a large force to move from a strategic position (to avoid slow arriving rockets) can be just as valuable as a smaller number of immediate actual kills. Twisted

Light or heavy missiles?

That give DUST bunnies time to note missile lock on vehicle and decide to abandon it to save save their own arse.

Suggesting that missile guidance can only target vehicles above a certain size or installations or at least heavy armor. Certainly not "bare skin", light kevlar type armor, or other unpowered, non-metallic armors.

It stands to reason that space-to-ground missiles would have the same advantages as their spaceship-to-spaceship cousins...a guidance that never misses while the target is in range. And ground vehicles can only get out of range if they leave the district.

Heck there might even be a FOF version that can be fired while the orbiting ship is ECM jammed. The target hit could either be radio button selection of targets being presented by DUST allies (gets close enough that ground observer target illumination signal makes contact theory) or CCP could let them hit random enemy battlefield unit of at least minimum size.
Proddy Scun
Doomheim
#105 - 2013-01-13 13:50:15 UTC
Missiles impossible as attack weapons due to laser defense?

If missiles are targets -- then armed ships should be targets even sooner.

I think we should stick with the original suggestion that disputed worlds rely on EVE ships to protect them from space borne attacks. Once CCP has basically said regional planetary politics have locked planetary defenses and militia out of the picture it should apply to everything. Stable unified planetary government does not exist and most frontier worlds cannot afford planetary defenses or trust them not to shoot down shuttles and shipping of rival factions (harming overall planetary growth).

I think Fozzie should just come out and say "I don't like missiles & won't have them in my game. Missiles are not FPS and do not market well in MMO IMHO" (LOL) At least that would be an out in the open position like those RL military extremist who feel their weapon system will supplant all other weapons systems in the future. (No tanks vs all tanks and submarines vs surface aircraft carriers is fun enough but the Marine Infantry guys who expect anti-matter infantry rifle and AI UAV to supplant all other weapons are a scream.)

Why would planets have anti-missiles defense that ships do not have? CCP has no anti-missile phalanx option in space where its a perfect environment (vacuum = no atmospheric irregularities to throw off shots). 7 km/sec missiles are not out maneuvering 300000Km/sec laser beams after firing.

I can see making the guided missiles consume double volume to hold more decoys and countermeasures.

I can also see making the rockets split out as 100s of fairly dumb MIRV arriving from multiple directions over large area...making individual targeting impractical due duty cycles.

Speedwise keep in mind that projectiles and hybrid ammo is subject to the same atmospheric issues as missiles.
Realistic RL proposals for space bombardment at over Mach 15-25 or lasers usually involve firing several sacrificial lead projectiles or missiles or charged beams to create a short lived vacuum tunnel through most the atmosphere - through which subsequent projectiles, missiles or lasers are fired for effect.

Plus the leading tip of the cheapest hypersonic missiles will probably always be basically the same as slugs used as projectile or hybrid ammo...the part that makes it a missile is made "safe" behind the bow wave of that simpler tip. But even a slight advance over RL high end Mach 7-8 missiles would be adequate.

And lasers...well ignoring that EVE has no anti-missile lasers when the simplest physics say that would be ideal in space even for fastest missiles of 7km/sec (versus light speed 300000km/sec)

Lasers fire for effect are also slowed by atmospheric complications even if only by a few seconds...the weaponized beam is fired based on feedback from a target beam that measures variations in air refraction that bend and diffuse laser path. Further while atmosphere slows a missile and reduces the effectiveness of pure maneuver (speed obviously not being the reason anti-missile lasers are not used in space) -- atmosphere adds a number countermeasures not available in space. Ionization masking and blurring of real missile from decoy warheads being one in real life use since the 1970s. Mini-chaff and flare charges can be fired ahead a short distance to disperse light absorbing clouds. Short lived active decoys. Persistent ionized charges (ball lightning) . And number of other effects can mislead, deflect, or ameliorate planetary defense.
Godsauce Sploojor
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#106 - 2013-01-13 14:56:47 UTC
ever since the integration of Dust, i have been getting this wierd problem when transfering items around within my hangars in eve. For example i would click some ammo to drag to my ship's cargo but all of a sudden the item deactivates the drag and i start to drag whatever my mouse is over at that point, almost like i let go of button and clickedagain, but i have not done so.

also this seems to translate a bit into the ship driving portion, as i will be stationary and click the mouse to rotate the camera (once as i know twice will make me travel) as i look at enemies but then i find myself traveling in some random direction
Das Jabberwocky
Zee Corp
#107 - 2013-01-13 17:40:02 UTC
Would there be any way that a filter could be placed on the guests tab in the station the Dust players show up in? Or possibly creating a separate infantry tab? It's hard to find the 1 or 2 players I'm trying to trade with amongst the 150+ Dust players.
gargars
Willco Inc.
#108 - 2013-01-13 18:28:00 UTC
Das Jabberwocky wrote:
Would there be any way that a filter could be placed on the guests tab in the station the Dust players show up in? Or possibly creating a separate infantry tab? It's hard to find the 1 or 2 players I'm trying to trade with amongst the 150+ Dust players.

+1. I understand you (CCP) are aware that blocking Dust players from our local channels is broken and you are working on it, but I haven't seen any official mention on the 'station guests' issue.

I normally cut you guys a lot of slack, but why on earth were they ever included in the station guest list? They are NEVER in a station!
Maximus Reborn
Assasinated Zombies
#109 - 2013-01-13 22:31:10 UTC
My feedback is this.. Dust is a terrible waste of time.. It will bomb.. hopefully it wont bring down EVE with it. If I wanted to play a first person shooter I would play Black Ops 2.

Should have invested that time spent on this flop into EVE.
Zoya Talvanen
Section 23
#110 - 2013-01-14 03:08:52 UTC
I have been experiencing disconnects when jumping, and scene repetitions (as when docking) this entire day. The game is borderline unplayable, and I would not dare attempt a high-level mission or PVP with its current state.

I think the burden from the combination of the games has been underestimated, and additional resources will be needed. One might want to investigate the stackless support provided by Pypy.

Celly Smunt
Neutin Local LLC
#111 - 2013-01-14 03:15:21 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:

Thank you. :)

o/ again FoxFour

I submitted the petition as requested and I must say I'm extremely disappointed that I received a response that doesn't even come close to addressing the issue we've discussed here.

:(

o/
Celly

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Raven Dasani
Tek Trek Consortium
#112 - 2013-01-14 06:21:29 UTC
BugraT WarheaD wrote:
Eve and Dust players cannot have a voice conversation via eve voice even if Dust Players bought a TVU. It's really annoying because it's working in every other channels of communications Sad

We ran into a similar issue, what we did was create a new channel and had the Dust players, as well as corp and Alliance players join it and we could use voice chat. It is a shame that CCP didn't hear about this or get it fixed when DUST was on SiSi.
Raven Dasani
Tek Trek Consortium
#113 - 2013-01-14 06:53:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Raven Dasani
So a few feedback items that I would like to share.

First, I understand DUST is a F2P game and CCP has to make money from sellilng AUR. With that said:

1. I do not really like the idea of DUST players having to pay for UVTs in order to chat with the EvE Corps. This could eventually cause EvE Corps to want to have DUST players in their Corps, because DUST players may be unwilling or unable to purchase AUR for UVTs or they may want to spend their AUR on more meaning items in the market. Being able to talk with your guild/corp is a staple of every MMO regardless of their business models.

2. Although I know that it is being worked on, the issue of Corp mail not being sent to DUST players should have been implemented before the merger with TQ.

3. I understand the whole FW thing, but since DUST is still in beta, this requirement should be disabled until a later date. Not all corps can just drop into FW, we have Alliances we have to think about as well.

4. The ability to have voice comms with mercs from within the Corp channel in EvE, should have been fixed prior to the merger.

5. Corporate systems need to be much more fleshed out than they are right now. In my Corp, we have found that we can not give individual permissions to DUST players. IE. if I want Merc X to be able to accept merc applications for recruitment, I can not just assign a player with the ability to accept applications within the Corp. I have to make that person a full blown Director, this is for every Merc that has any responsibility within the Corp. As with EvE, this has the potential of being an issue for anyone who wants to steal from the Corp, although DUST players can not currently have access to any of the EvE Corp monies or hangers, if this changes, then the potential for corp theft exists, unless individual permissions can be given.

6. EvE CEOs are at a disadvantage compared to DUST CEOs. In EvE, CEOs have to train corporate skills on a "time" basis to raise the membership cap of the corp. In DUST all CEOs have to do is spend SP. This potentially gives DUST CEOs an advantage over EvE CEOs in the recruitment of mercs. In fact, in my corp we ran into this issue in a similar way. We lost mercs who were part of the corp on the SiSi, we had 80+ mercs before the merger, but since the CEO had not increased his corporate skill we were capped at 40 members and those mercs who could not get in joined Merc corps instead.

I understand that DUST is still in beta and many unannounced changes are coming down the pipe, but not knowing what features are being worked on or what features were never planned, this is my short feedback about these last few days of the merger.
Abdi Batista
Foolish Angels
#114 - 2013-01-14 12:43:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Abdi Batista
im Having ui problems, my inventory closes when i enter and leave the station, this is happening since the merge with dust.
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#115 - 2013-01-14 13:03:34 UTC
Abdi Batista wrote:
im Having ui problems, my inventory closes when i enter and leave the station, this is happening since the merge with dust.

Can you please file a bug report including as much information as possible including any steps to reproduce this. It would help greatly. :)

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Eisenhornx
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#116 - 2013-01-14 13:12:45 UTC
The crime watch system is nice, but changing the gate/dock flag so it stays after your ship is destroyed is something that should be changed. There should be no reason your pod should keep the same crime status especially since it is fragile and unarmed.
Zoya Talvanen
Section 23
#117 - 2013-01-14 14:11:09 UTC
9 dcs on Saturday and 12 on Sunday. I no longer have any confidence in running missions.

I still have the same equipment and ISP that has served me well, better, in fact than previous months. where I was often in extended-stay hotels.

Inventories don't seem to open and close properly.

Either my fingers or my mouse or the game has developed a stutter on clicking. I get notification that I can't do something I did not try to do fairly frequently. The wrong item gets selected, etc.

The HQ corp hangars for the corp I just left have disappeared to all the players still in the corp.

The sluggishness and server lag reminds me of games I used to play and left because they were unplayable.Ugh

Zoya Talvanen
Section 23
#118 - 2013-01-14 14:15:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Zoya Talvanen
Eisenhornx wrote:
The crime watch system is nice, but changing the gate/dock flag so it stays after your ship is destroyed is something that should be changed. There should be no reason your pod should keep the same crime status especially since it is fragile and unarmed.

Hmmm,

Pods can be just as dangerous. A -10.0 status player entered hisec in a pod where a friend had a blaster-equipped catalyst waiting. He boarded the catalyst, flew the belts, found a lone retriever and popped it, then podded the player and disappeared back from whence he came after Concord finished with him. With -10.0 security status, he had nothing to lose. Should he have been permitted to board another ship to repeat the ganking and podding?

I think the system is an improvement over what was before.
Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#119 - 2013-01-14 14:21:49 UTC
About 20% of the time that I r-click > jump when at a gate, the game client / server does not respond and I need to re-initiate the command.

I can't say if this is a local or server-side thing, but it is damn annoying, especially when traveling with a fleet.

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#120 - 2013-01-14 15:58:31 UTC
Eisenhornx wrote:

No changes were made to this in this patch so none of the devs working on those features are paying attention to this thread. I would recommend posting over in general discussion, features and ideas, or even test server feedback.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.