These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What is your favorite Eve myth?

Author
Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#81 - 2013-01-06 19:32:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Forum Clone 77777
bbb2020 wrote:
Stupid stuff

Highsec is very much unsafe, the hundreds of daily killmails of haulers, miners, and random other stuff prove otherwise, you have no argument really, and even if you have never been killed, its a FACT that I could, personally, find you flying around, and gank you at any time, as long as youre not docked.

Doesnt matter if you FEEL safe, you arent.
NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#82 - 2013-01-06 19:33:32 UTC
This is an old one but still find it amusing.
This is supposed to be a long time ago when it was easier to tank/get away from/be faster then Concord.
If a player blew up someone in high sec and managed to espace concord a GM would come in at any random point in one of their fancy ships and blow you to bits out of the blue werever you were,and whatever ship you were in. The idea being that you could be sitting there in your fancy BS or whatever suspecting nothing and suddenly a Jove ship would appear and blow you up as a "punishment" for escpaing Concord.
Think that has to be my all time favorite,not because its not true but because i would love it if it was and imagion the exspression on someones face whn a GM suddenly jumped in,came with some speech in local on how you had been trying to hide from the authorieties and then blew up your faction fitted ship you had worked so hard to get Big smile
Piugattuk
Litla Sundlaugin
#83 - 2013-01-06 19:35:21 UTC
Xinivrae wrote:
Every myth about my alliance.

Alternatively, that the very act of jumping into low/null is met with swift, immediate and unavoidable death.

Nothing against your group but when you cultivate an image and people think you are how can you wonder?
Goon path starting in a forum "something awful" sounds like good church going folk no?
I can list stuff but let's just leave it at that, as I said nothing against your group.

But my favorite myth...NULL sec is where you go to become poor in this game cause NULL is broken.
Daisai
Daisai Investments.
#84 - 2013-01-06 19:36:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Daisai
Ranger 1 wrote:
Lexmana wrote:
Daisai wrote:
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
Daisai wrote:
Eve online pvp combat is about skill and not skillpoints.

So you're saying it IS about skillpoints? I should be a combat god.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/myth

So the myth is that its about player skilll and not skillpoints, so then yes i am saying its about skillpoints.

Cool story bro!

Hey now, this man knows what he is talking about. He has almost 150 kills/losses and it looks like all of them are gate camp ganks. Smile

It's hard to find that kind of depth of experience outside of say a grade school or a convent.

Show a fight between a player with all skills in a cruiser at lvl 1 fighting another player in a tech 2 cruiser with all relevant skills at 5.
Both players should know what to do and not be afk and should not get links running.

When you can show that the first player has the same amount of chance to win as the 2nd player then the myth i posted is not a myth.
If you can not i suggest you join your own little gatecamp in low sec and stop fail trolling at this forum.
Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#85 - 2013-01-06 19:47:26 UTC
Minerals are for free when mining.

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Nessa Aldeen
First Among Equals
#86 - 2013-01-06 19:57:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Nessa Aldeen
Eve consist of griefers supported by a company that encourages griefing on a non-consensual basis.

Eve community is the worst community in MMO gaming history due to constantly lauding pvp mechanics.

Eve breeds psychopaths, sociopaths, murderers, drug dealing in RL. (<--this is the best one I have seen)

Eve is not a spaceship simulator, it's Excel in space.

Eve is dying.

(as reported by various angry rage quit carebear players on this forum, different mmos forums and upcoming competitor forums like the crappy sounding Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous).
examples:
" .....that pretty much sums up why I don't play EVE .. ganking is allowed even in HiSec zones. (Makes you wonder why the devs didn't beef up local security to clamp down on this - High Security space is suppose to be safe.)"

"...There's few things more heartbreaking than having spent all your hard earned cash and seeing it evaporate... perhaps seeing your IteronV evaporating with a stupidly expensive cargo on board... either way, the lack of a save button and being at the mercy of a PVP game structure knocks it on the head for me"
Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2013-01-06 19:59:19 UTC
Xinivrae wrote:
Every myth about my alliance.

Alternatively, that the very act of jumping into low/null is met with swift, immediate and unavoidable death.

Agree on your alliance. Though to be fair, you guys started and keep most of them alive.

Second part is a forum drama queen myth. Most people in EVE know you can go to Low and Null and not get sploded so long as you just want to go there and not do stuff. Undock a miner or a PvE fit and watch them come out of the wood work.
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#88 - 2013-01-06 20:08:40 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
As title. What is your favorite thing that is "totally true", but is in fact complete bollocks?

AFK drone ships.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#89 - 2013-01-06 20:10:45 UTC
Quote:
Show a fight between a player with all skills in a cruiser at lvl 1 fighting another player in a tech 2 cruiser with all relevant skills at 5.
Both players should know what to do and not be afk and should not get links running.

When you can show that the first player has the same amount of chance to win as the 2nd player then the myth i posted is not a myth.
If you can not i suggest you join your own little gatecamp in low sec and stop fail trolling at this forum.

Because 1 vs 1 is a significant, or even noticable, representation of how combat is done in EvE. Shall we check your small number of kills and see how many of them were solo and in the same ship class. Big smileBig smileBig smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Mister S Burke
Doomheim
#90 - 2013-01-06 20:10:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Mister S Burke
Forum Clone 77777 wrote:
bbb2020 wrote:
Stupid stuff

Highsec is very much unsafe, the hundreds of daily killmails of haulers, miners, and random other stuff prove otherwise, you have no argument really, and even if you have never been killed, its a FACT that I could, personally, find you flying around, and gank you at any time, as long as youre not docked.

Orly? Gank any Drakes shielded to the teeth lately in hisec?
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#91 - 2013-01-06 20:15:15 UTC
Quote:
What is your favorite Eve myth?

Oh man, where to start? There's a lot of Eve myth's alive and doing well in this game. Players have already posted quite a few. Here's a few more Eve Myth's :

WAI = Working As Intended

RNG = Random Numeric Generator

WIS = Walking In Stations

CSM (Council of Stellar Management) candidate selection and voting is fair procedure.

The 10,000 votes are legit.

CSM members accurately represent and convey the opinions of the player base majority.

All game mechanics are balanced and working as intended.

PvP players vastly outnumber PvE players.

Every career choice or player action in Eve is PvP.

Creating Eve account is consenting to engage in un-consensual PvP.

PvE content was created and designed strictly to fund PvP content.

All player characters in NPC Corporations are Alt's.

Only characters in Player made Corporations / Alliances benefit and contribute to Eve.

The Forums accurately represent the opinions of the Eve Community and player base.

There is no vocal minority.

High Security space.

Eve Is Real.

Guess I added more than just a few Eve Myth's to the list. Hell, I could have added more but I realized the amount of Eve Myth's in this game is like the Energizer Bunny. It just keeps going.....and going......and going....

DMC
Daisai
Daisai Investments.
#92 - 2013-01-06 20:49:32 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Quote:

Because 1 vs 1 is a significant, or even noticable, representation of how combat is done in EvE. Shall we check your small number of kills and see how many of them were solo and in the same ship class. Big smileBig smileBig smile

We are going a bit offtopic here.
Anyway its not needed to proof to me that when you take out the variable of player real skill the outcome of a 1vs1 fight is down to skillpoints.
More skillpoints in relevant skills is more ehp, more speed, more agility more dps.
Basicly everything more.

Still waiting of showing a video of a 1vs1 fight that shows im wrong.
M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#93 - 2013-01-06 20:55:12 UTC
Lowsec is full of pirates.
Its only about half full of pirates Pirate

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
Feign Disorder
#94 - 2013-01-06 20:59:06 UTC
you need keys to turn on your ship.
Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#95 - 2013-01-06 21:16:07 UTC
Your in game failures or successes automatically state your status in real life.

All the "kewl kids" are gym bound power lifters that make Arnold Schwarzenegger look like a wimp.

These same "kewl kids" are ~built~ bigger and better than John Holmes and have a harem of super models they engage daily.

Since I am in a NPC corp, I know _nothing_.
bbb2020
Carebears with Attitude
#96 - 2013-01-06 21:31:21 UTC
Forum Clone 77777 wrote:
bbb2020 wrote:
Stupid stuff

It has nothing to do with how many kills there are daily but about the possibility of you, yourself or anybody else being killed.
Possibility as in; chance, prospect, likelihood, odds.

I could also get killed in a car accident tomorrow or be struck by lightning but since the change of either is very very low, I feel pretty safe leaving my house to get to work.
Since the likelihood of getting killed in highsec is very low too, I'll say it's pretty safe to be there.

Lets for a moment say your hundreds of kill a day is correct.
In average there are a minimum of 10.000 people in eve every hour around the hour (23 hours in eve time a day). Some 5.000 of them dwell in highsec (50% is a nice round number).
Thats 115.000 people a day in highsec. Now lets say 800 of them get killed every day. Thats 0.7%
Thats a 0,7 procent change of SOMEONE getting killed. I and I think most players in highsec can live with those odds.
/me thinking: Probably some bad odds after writing this.

The fact that you or everyone else "could" is not the same fact that it most likely "will happen".

Oh. In case you're wondering: Why SOMEONE in uppercase?
Because the 0,7% is the change of someone among the 115.000 to be among the 800 that gets killed.
The chance of me or anyone else (as an individual) to be among those 800 is more in the line of 0.00087%
Evei Shard
Shard Industries
#97 - 2013-01-06 21:43:59 UTC

Low-sec is empty
Jaspet is profitable
Bots aren't undetectable
CCP really does care about botting
GD is the place to post features and ideas

Profit favors the prepared

Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#98 - 2013-01-06 22:00:37 UTC
EvE is fun.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

No More Heroes
Sanctuary of Shadows
Lasagna Appreciation Society
#99 - 2013-01-06 22:06:06 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
As title. What is your favorite thing that is "totally true", but is in fact complete bollocks?

Mine is probably that corp CEOs are in it to profit off the grunts via corp taxes.

When traffic-controlled on a gate, spamming the jump button makes you go through faster and also, targeting the gate.

Because sending more commands to the server just smooths everything out Roll

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2013-01-06 22:24:09 UTC
"Hisec is actually super dangerous"

"Nullsec is safer than hisec"

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat