These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What is your favorite Eve myth?

Author
Sir Diablos
Requiem Knowledge
#181 - 2013-01-07 21:32:03 UTC
That Risk V Reward is relevant.

That 'Carebears' are trying to destroy Eve.

That Hisec is safe, or safer.

That balance can be achieved via Nerfs.

That Eve is just as hard and unforgiving as it's always been.

I sometimes have to wonder when the harshness of space was replaced with the soft foamy feel of a theme park.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#182 - 2013-01-07 22:26:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
"That ship to ship PvP is the only way to play Eve "right". "

That is a myth, but if you had said "Being prepared at all times to engage in or attempt to avoid/survive ship to ship PVP is the only way to play Eve "right"." you would have been correct.



"That 0.0 is a fun place to live."

Parial myth, it all depends on where you live and who your friends are.



"That hitting F1 on command is something only the elite can do. "

Indeed a myth, anyone can hit F1... as the loss section of any kill board can attest to.


"Actually, just insert most of what people who rarely engage in combat say about ship to ship PvP here. "

Fixed that for you.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#183 - 2013-01-07 23:00:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
All miners are AFK.
Not true. A lot of them are ATK alt-tabbing to Youtube, Grooveshark, email, etc. Or in some chat channel talking about the weather, trading hangover cures, solving existentialist problems, bragging about their m3/sec rates, that kind of stuff.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#184 - 2013-01-07 23:39:38 UTC
Eve Online community is more amateur than in other MMO Cool

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#185 - 2013-01-08 00:06:20 UTC
Dervinus wrote:
HBC=CFC=Goons=PL=TEST blobnapfest420xxxxxx

Am I the only one thinking that is a molecular formula?
Mag's
Azn Empire
#186 - 2013-01-08 00:50:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Reading Comprehension just isn't your Forte now is It?
No one has claimed the industry standard RNG CCP uses, is a true RNG. Because computers can't do them. So reading and comprehension, seems to be your issue.

Also, your list has no place in this thread. But I can see you'd never understand that fact.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#187 - 2013-01-08 01:18:11 UTC
Diamond Bull wrote:

That hitting F1 on command is something only the elite can do.


Ah, if after a dozen jumps you find out that people STILL can´t align on command in time to catch fleetwarp, I wonder about that being just a myth.....


Anyway:

That recruitment channel will help newbs find a good corp.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#188 - 2013-01-08 05:56:33 UTC
Nerath Naaris wrote:
[quote=Diamond Bull]

That recruitment channel will help newbs find a good corp.


This.

+1
luZk
Fivrelde Corp
#189 - 2013-01-08 06:14:20 UTC
Falcons are OP.

http://i.imgur.com/1dl4DM6.jpg

Shamus O'Reilly
Candy Cabal
#190 - 2013-01-08 07:14:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Shamus O'Reilly
Mining barges are only good for mining Smile

http://themittani.com/news/alod-can-flip-gone-awry

Daisai wrote:
Eve online pvp combat is about skill and not skillpoints.


"PVP is solely based upon SP and not piloting skill." I'm sorry but i disagree to your statement saying EVE PVP is based on skillpoints entirely if that was where you were going with it. I can agree to a certain extent that a pure PVP character 3 years old can have the advantage on a 5mil SP PVP pilot, but only through the variety of ships and modules they can use to gain the advantage. Don't get me wrong SP helps a ton in a PVP situation but if the 60mil SP pilot is an idiot the 5mil pilot who knows what he is doing can easily turn the fight in his favor.


Put it this way. Two pilots, one in a Megathron who chose to engage another in an Ishkur. If the Ishkur is orbiting at 500 from the mega and has the ammo to sustain fighting which can win if no one else shows up on field? Granted fits for each ship play a huge role in this question also but its not that long time wise to train a TII fully fitted Ishkur or an Enyo and/or training TII drones in a few weeks comparing to a TII fitted mega for its guns.


SP after a certain extent only opens you to more variety in ships and modules to fight with. The rest comes down to what you know and how you fly

"I swear there are more people complaining over "nullsecers complaining" then actual nullsec people complaining."

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#191 - 2013-01-08 07:35:15 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Mag's wrote:
No one has claimed the industry standard RNG CCP uses, is a true RNG. Because computers can't do them. So reading and comprehension, seems to be your issue.
Never said anything about 'True RNG' but hey, thanks for showing us that you too also have an issue with Reading Comprehension, especially since you not only explained the Myth, you also didn't even see it after you wrote it.

Since the sequence eventually repeats itself over and over again, claiming that it's 'Random' is the Myth.

DUH

Mag's wrote:
Also, your list has no place in this thread. But I can see you'd never understand that fact.
Actually, my list has every right to be in this thread, a hell of a lot more than your biased opinion.

The OP was very explicit -
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
What is your favorite Eve myth?

As title. What is your favorite thing that is "totally true", but is in fact complete bollocks?

No where did the OP ask you or any other player to analyze, refute, disprove or discuss the Myth's others have posted in this thread, let alone do it with sarcastic insulting innuendos. Any more will be reported as off topic troll posting.
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#192 - 2013-01-08 08:35:29 UTC
Julien Brellier wrote:
DUST 514 is groundbreaking and will be a major factor in EVE Online.


It's definitely ground-breaking, but I'm not sure yet how much of a factor it will be in EVE.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#193 - 2013-01-08 08:36:38 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Mc Scam wrote:
Every contract linked in Jita local is a scam.

Actually, I once saw a Courier contract linked there to haul stuff from one station in Jita to another. I took it, because I have bookmarks set up, and could use the 20 mil ISK it paid (the collateral was 50 mil or something). When I peeked inside, it was full of capital blueprints and skillbooks.

I never even undocked with it, and made about 900 mil that day. Best Jita local contract ever.


This is why you double the value in collateral on Courier contracts. Lol
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#194 - 2013-01-08 08:39:01 UTC
CCP can render and stream the graphics for 50k active players on tablet is another one I like. Real time too. Lol
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#195 - 2013-01-08 08:40:19 UTC
That you need a multipages highly complex spreadsheet to undock your shuttle.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#196 - 2013-01-08 08:42:35 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Never said anything about 'True RNG'
...aside from in the quote you used to (fail) to explain why the RNG was a myth, making the distinction between true and algorithmical RNG the only thing that could possibly be the source of the supposed myth.

You still haven't explained what the myth is, by the way, because the RNG certainly isn't one.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#197 - 2013-01-08 08:44:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
NEONOVUS wrote:
Dervinus wrote:
HBC=CFC=Goons=PL=TEST blobnapfest420xxxxxx

Am I the only one thinking that is a molecular formula?


Yes, and if you solve the equation you see the solution is "Serenity".

Yes, a testament to the utter failure of Dominion is the convergence of both servers to the end of diversity and identity. A grand failure for a game whose PvP and never ending new empires creation are a cornerstone.
Babar Baboli
Random Exploration Inc.
#198 - 2013-01-08 08:58:03 UTC
The best myth is when someone told me that Rifters were the best ships in EVE.

The best truth is probably Dan Carter Murray.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#199 - 2013-01-08 10:18:59 UTC
Tippia wrote:
You still haven't explained what the myth is, by the way, because the RNG certainly isn't one.

Heh, I've heard that stubbornness can cause blindness or at the very least, a bad case of 'Selective Vision'.

Anyway, the Myth about RNG (Random Number Generation) was already stated.


My Postman
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#200 - 2013-01-08 10:36:22 UTC
Monkeysphere accident, where he (and probably other pl members) did´nt show up in local. I´m sure it never happened. +90 page threadnought in gd proved me right.