These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

wanting to move to nullsec...

Author
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#101 - 2013-01-01 21:38:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaylyis
Its amazing, the only people not making weird assumptions about my intentions are the goons. I figured they would be the ones doing it for the LULz.

As the OP I was looking for useful information by which to come to a decision and an idea of where to start looking. Yes ima friggin troll, but I am looking for real info between bouts of screwing with people. Unfortunately the GD forums are hyper responsive to the trolly bits and short on info. some folks here have had useful things to say.

The warnings about goonswarm being scammers, the recruitment fees and offers to transit your gear? Its old news, been hearing about it since '06. When I choose a corp,and go to null it will either be in a thorax or an interceptor or something. maybe a helios. then i will figure out how to build up from there.

I can afford to replace those pretty well. Expendable jump clones are awesome.
Typherian
Criterion.
Pandemic Legion
#102 - 2013-01-01 21:52:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Typherian
Join tri-gun because we give very few fucks and are active in the pacific and AU TZs oh and we are goon pets or something. Brick squad says so its gotta be true.
Anyway yeah look into the CFC ship replacement programs are awesome. Pretty sure HBC are the same way just with TEST-icles
Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#103 - 2013-01-01 21:52:46 UTC
Arduemont wrote:

If you really don't want to be micromanaged, NPC nullsec corps and alliances are probably worth a go. I was part of Ineluctable out in Syndicate and they were fantastic. NPC nullsec has always seemed best to me. Less blobs, more tactical warfare, made me into the PvPer I am today. Null blobs only really taught me the very basics.

This is probably some good advice for the OP.

If you want nullsec action, without the CTA stuff, NPC nullsec is probably your best bet.

A lot of CTA type "micromanaging" stuff is because of the current sov system. Since NPC nullsec guys don't have to deal with sov timers, you are more likely to be free to fight when and where you like.
AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#104 - 2013-01-01 22:18:51 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
It's related to people preferring the easy option.

Not having to think is easier than questioning how you are taught to.

Mallak Azaria wrote:
We have some kind of chain, but I can pretty much do whatever I want

Like I said; there are exceptions - but I doubt you could question action before it is taken. That would contradict a 'chain' or some form of hierarchical design. Apologies in advance if I am in error.

Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
i dunno, why do sports have coaches?

If you are going to follow my suit and argue by analogy, you have to either extend my analogy and use juxtaposition, or perhaps reveal a dichotomy which I overlooked that could damage the validity of the argument. You cannot introduce a new analogy to argue an existing one, because before you know it someone will either introduce the Chewbacca argument, or use the 'if everyone jumped off a cliff' analogy.

It would become a matryoshka doll that never ends, but does diminish.

I picked the armed forces because I felt it was a very close analogy, and the way you followed my lead into discussion is...revealing.

AK

This space for rent.

Mister Tuggles
Dickhead Corner
Amarr Shithole
#105 - 2013-01-01 22:19:36 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
How the hell do I figure out which corps are renters? Not interested in rental space, want to learn fleet combat. Dont want to be micromanaged. I have a funny feeling I'm barking up a dead tree, but i gotta try.

By the way I can fly Scimi and Oneiros will be online in a couple days.

I highly encourage people to score responses because i know this post is almost like a neon sign reading TROLL ME!

You are better off looking into FW if you really want to learn how to PvP. All nullbears know how to do is blob/call targets alphabetically. That is of course if you can find any reds to fight. Most nullbear alliances have every other alliance within 50 jumps blued up. With FW you will get a wide range of encounters, and actually learn how to pvp.

That being said if you are still looking for a Nullcorp just join the recruitment channel in game, or look in the forums. They pretty much will take anyone.
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2013-01-01 22:29:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaylyis
Let's avoid broad generalizations, shall we please? That's like trying to say everyone who happens to jump through a highsec gate is afraid to lose anything. But I will be very seriously considering FW.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#107 - 2013-01-01 22:32:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
AlleyKat wrote:

Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
i dunno, why do sports have coaches?

If you are going to follow my suit and argue by analogy, you have to either extend my analogy and use juxtaposition

And I improved it by using a better, more accurate analogy. You're welcome. Now back to the question at hand.

Why do people volunteer to become a slave to some 'coach''s directions and strategy when playing sports?
Alarm clocking to fields for 'practice ops', all so that you can alarm clock later on so you can follow someone else's instructions?
Sports are supposed to be recreational last I checked, following a schedule sounds like a job!
Anyone who chooses to follow a coach's 'strategy' and be part of a unit is some sort of grovelling servant, plus i hear all coaches' are mentally disturbed. Which says ill for anyone who plays soccer, basketball, hockey, cricket, rugby, etc.

You know what's a game for real individuals? Paddleball. Nobody makes me alarm clock for a paddleball game. I paddleball at what speed I like, whenever I like, whatever way I like it. If you're some sort of TEAMSHEEP, go ahead and play your "social and teamwork"-based games. I'll be here in my corner, living the life.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#108 - 2013-01-01 22:36:43 UTC
Catharian Sabezan wrote:
Someone else mentioned the $10 fee for the Something awful forums. I don't know if anyone in their right mind would give their real name and credit card number, ip address, email address, to a group of people who have a serious rep as scammers. I would think one day you would end up the victim of identity theft.

Yeah, cause scamming in an internet spaceship game where scamming is explicitly allowed translates to a proclivity for scamming in real life where it's illegal.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#109 - 2013-01-01 22:38:40 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Catharian Sabezan wrote:
Someone else mentioned the $10 fee for the Something awful forums. I don't know if anyone in their right mind would give their real name and credit card number, ip address, email address, to a group of people who have a serious rep as scammers. I would think one day you would end up the victim of identity theft.

Yeah, cause scamming in an internet spaceship game where scamming is explicitly allowed translates to a proclivity for scamming in real life where it's illegal.

EVE is Real™

(And All Suicide Gankers are RL Murderers.)

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#110 - 2013-01-01 22:40:46 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Kaylyis wrote:
Its amazing, the only people not making weird assumptions about my intentions are the goons. I figured they would be the ones doing it for the LULz.

As the OP I was looking for useful information by which to come to a decision and an idea of where to start looking. Yes ima friggin troll, but I am looking for real info between bouts of screwing with people. Unfortunately the GD forums are hyper responsive to the trolly bits and short on info. some folks here have had useful things to say.

The warnings about goonswarm being scammers, the recruitment fees and offers to transit your gear? Its old news, been hearing about it since '06. When I choose a corp,and go to null it will either be in a thorax or an interceptor or something. maybe a helios. then i will figure out how to build up from there.

I can afford to replace those pretty well. Expendable jump clones are awesome.

Many null corps and alliances will sell you ships fitted according to their doctrines. RAZOR has fitted Maelstroms, Sabres, etc. on contract with little markup.

Then when you lose a ship in a PVP fleet (assuming you fitted it properly, minor variations allowed for insufficient skills, FC's changes) your corp or alliance, depending upon which SRP applies, will replace your ship in exchange for the insurance fee.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Elena Melkan
Magellanic Itg
Goonswarm Federation
#111 - 2013-01-01 22:41:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Elena Melkan
Mister Tuggles wrote:
Kaylyis wrote:
... I highly encourage people to score responses because i know this post is almost like a neon sign reading TROLL ME!

You are better off looking into FW if you really want to learn how to PvP. All nullbears know how to do is blob/call targets alphabetically. That is of course if you can find any reds to fight. Most nullbear alliances have every other alliance within 50 jumps blued up. With FW you will get a wide range of encounters, and actually learn how to pvp.

That being said if you are still looking for a Nullcorp just join the recruitment channel in game, or look in the forums. They pretty much will take anyone.

Oh god, I don't know if this one can be saved anymore. Guess the neon sign works as intended?

Kaylyis wrote:

I don't know if it's really 'amazing', Goons have a great knowledge in how the nullsec works. Members have real experience how it is to join a nullsec corporation and live in null, unlike many many others who posted irrelevant replies into this thread.

It is not just CTA's and blobs you get. There are plenty of other activity, too. It's just that mostly just bigger campaigns and such find their way into the knowledge of others not involved in said campaigns & OPs. 'I heard this story' /= what actually happens in there.

Anyway, good luck finding your way into null, hope you find a corporation that suits your needs.
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2013-01-01 22:54:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaylyis
Elena Melkan wrote:

I don't know if it's really 'amazing', Goons have a great knowledge in how the nullsec works. Members have real experience how it is to join a nullsec corporation and live in null, unlike many many others who posted irrelevant replies into this thread.

It is not just CTA's and blobs you get. There are plenty of other activity, too. It's just that mostly just bigger campaigns and such find their way into the knowledge of others not involved in said campaigns & OPs. 'I heard this story' /= what actually happens in there.

I thought they would be the ones having more fun at my expense. Shows what i know. This is actual serious post:

Ok, in null you are cog in machine. I accept this, and am willing to work. Mindless cog in machine that only drools when waiting for orders from on high (this is the highsec perception) is what I wish to dodge. Cog in machine that is allowed to do **** on the side is what I want. I want to do a few things. like learn fleet command. I can only do this by... joining fleets and learning how they operate.

I would like to assault/defend territory, and work with a group of people who have a warped sense of humor. I have no intention of paying my tenbux because I have no intention of being J4G in either dreddit or goonwaffe or any other corp or alliance that exclusively recruits from online communities. I have talked to a few goons civilly, and am usually pretty explicit that i'm not hunting for sponsors when seeking info.

Level of activity in highsec is... dull, and defending miners who won't listen to me when I explain that they need to train tactical shield manipulation got old a looooong time ago. I sold off the Orca because of retards like this. Running missions is a pain in the ass.

Running incursions is something I do when I need spare cash, not as a daily farm thing or a career choice. I want to be able to X up for a fleet to stir up **** and get picked up. I'm more than willing to train certain skills to fit with fleet doctrine as long as I'm able to get skills i want to have fun.

And the choice is between an active nullcorp that wants to play pewpew over industrial (because I'm not mining unless I have to, and i don't have to) and faction warfare, because I can do almost everything I want to do in either.

I am also likely bringing a new player (actual new player I know IRL) who flies with the motto of "In Rust We Trust" that listens to training and fitting advice from vets. I'd say I bring valuable skills to the party, but I dunno what the hell people consider valuable skills at this time.

End serious post: recommencing random trolling mixed with real conversation.
Stone Roses
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2013-01-02 11:39:01 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
How the hell do I figure out which corps are renters? Not interested in rental space, want to learn fleet combat. Dont want to be micromanaged. I have a funny feeling I'm barking up a dead tree, but i gotta try.

By the way I can fly Scimi and Oneiros will be online in a couple days.

I highly encourage people to score responses because i know this post is almost like a neon sign reading TROLL ME!

I moved to Null-sec not long ago, and it's shite.

There's hardly anything to do. Ratting is probably even more boring than high-sec mining, and is less profitable. I suppose I could try botting, but I heard it's illegal. unless of course, I join an alliance with Devs in it..
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#114 - 2013-01-02 11:52:41 UTC
Stone Roses wrote:

There's hardly anything to do. Ratting is probably even more boring than high-sec mining, and is less profitable. I suppose I could try botting, but I heard it's illegal. unless of course, I join an alliance with Devs in it..

If null sec ratting is making you less income then high-sec mining, then you are doing something wrong. Even doing half assed belt ratting is more profitable, not to mention anomalies or doing belt chaining.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Stone Roses
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2013-01-02 12:42:03 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
Stone Roses wrote:

If null sec ratting is making you less income then high-sec mining, then you are doing something wrong. Even doing half assed belt ratting is more profitable, not to mention anomalies or doing belt chaining.

Slight exaggeration on my part, but only a slight one. making ISK is a godawful grind in nullsec. Already i can barely bring myself to log on anymore, and I only started playing EVE 3 months ago.
Stone Roses
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#116 - 2013-01-02 12:42:32 UTC
deleted double post
Elena Melkan
Magellanic Itg
Goonswarm Federation
#117 - 2013-01-02 12:50:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Elena Melkan
Kaylyis wrote:
Level of activity in highsec is... dull, and defending miners who won't listen to me when I explain that they need to train tactical shield manipulation got old a looooong time ago. I sold off the Orca because of retards like this. Running missions is a pain in the ass.

Running incursions is something I do when I need spare cash, not as a daily farm thing or a career choice. I want to be able to X up for a fleet to stir up **** and get picked up. I'm more than willing to train certain skills to fit with fleet doctrine as long as I'm able to get skills i want to have fun.

The PvE possibilities of player-owned null are rather dull. So if you are bored of PvE in highsec, it's not getting any better in null sec, really. I would like to see this improved someway: even placing some sort of faction & LP & mission system in player-owned null would spice it up a bit. Give it more options and possibilities at the very least.

Kaylyis wrote:
And the choice is between an active nullcorp that wants to play pewpew over industrial (because I'm not mining unless I have to, and i don't have to) and faction warfare, because I can do almost everything I want to do in either.

I am also likely bringing a new player (actual new player I know IRL) who flies with the motto of "In Rust We Trust" that listens to training and fitting advice from vets. I'd say I bring valuable skills to the party, but I dunno what the hell people consider valuable skills at this time.

Usually it's much easier for a new player to get adjusted to null. My toon was something around 5 weeks old when I moved permanently to null. Only thing I found difficult was killing some of the rats on my own, but teaming up solves this problem - and makes it all more fun the same time. There are corporations that accept and train freshly new players, without needing to be part of any kind of community beforehand. Those are perhaps a little harder to find, but they exist!

"In Rust We Trust" is the right attitude btw! ;)

Even in the space people call 'the sea of blues' you can get very different experiences. You can decide to rat in a quiet part of space, where it's unlikely that any hostiles come to disturb you; or you can choose to roam in places where you can expect battles of different scales. Living in there is as interesting and exciting as you make it to be.
Stone Roses
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#118 - 2013-01-02 13:01:11 UTC
If you are determined to move to dull-sec. Then you could do worse than apply to a CVA or other Providence sov-holder corp. Who are generally very easy-going and welcoming to new players.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#119 - 2013-01-02 13:41:48 UTC
AlleyKat wrote:
Six Six Six wrote:
...If you can't follow a chain of command...

Sadly, this is the sort of thing which immediately puts off people going to or even moving to null-sec.

Chain of Command?

Not loling or mocking you Six Six Six; but anyone who wants to enforce or suggest a Chain of Command to someone when they play a computer game can foxtrot oscar.

Hence why I left all corps and alliances; not because of adversity to PvP, just adversity to punching a clock when all I want to do when I get home is virtually punch people - but this game doesn't want people like that. It does allow for egotistical ingratiation by misanthropes, though.

Hence also, why I named my corp what I did - not even ironically.

Not all alliances and corps are the same, but for reasons I would rather leave to educated professionals of mental illnesses, the majority appear to be drawn to the aforementioned.

If you like a chain of command, null sec is perfect for you - but be prepared to lose all free will and ability to control your own destiny. You will be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed & numbered, like living in Portmeirion.

And people wonder why the highest population lives in high-sec. I'm sure it's related to why the majority of human beings do not join the armed forces.

AK

This is a person who probably should not even be joining an alliance in the 1st place (and probably didn't even ask himself the question BEFORE joining an alliance).

Group goals take group organization. If your only goal is to "virtually punch people", why would you join an alliance in the 1st place? You can "virtually punch people" on day one of EVE, hell, yo don't even have to BE in a player corp to join faction warfare (for example.

I find it irritating to see people like this poster, people who feel the need to denigrate people who make choices consistent with their goals (like joining a null sec alliance) instead of admitting that THEY made a bad choice they didn't think through.

I've seen many a person do that in real life , like joining the military THEN getting ticked off at the fact that some people can give them orders lol. If you don't like being ordered around, like to be an individual, why would you brilliantly join a uniformed service?

It happens so often people make inside jokes about it , like how a relative who is a Marine told me: "USMC" really stands for "U -Signed the Motherxxxxxxx Contract" (so quit yer bitchin).
AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#120 - 2013-01-02 15:25:55 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
And I improved it by using a better, more accurate analogy.

Completely changing something does not improve it; it changes it. In other words, changing analogy to better suit your mindset is self-defeating, because it means you were unable to argue on the terms which were laid out and decided to change them.

This means you felt you were unable to invalidate my argument.

quod erat demonstrandum.

This space for rent.