These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

wanting to move to nullsec...

Author
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-01-01 00:04:14 UTC
Mistah Ewedynao wrote:
GD has become nothing more than a Goon propaganda machine, aided by ISD's who lock topics the Goons want gone.

Sounds like rumor-mongering to me.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-01-01 00:06:15 UTC
To answer the questions in the OP: If you want to learn fleet combat, unless you are in one of the few fleet roles that require a bit of independent thinking (Dics/Ewar), you had best get used to being micromanaged, at least during ops. Start with Eve Uni.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-01-01 00:07:02 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
if the alliance's name ends with "citizens", it's a renter.
Most nullsec renters are pretty upfront about the arrangement, seeing as they want to collect their dues to pay the landlord with.
So I suggest... asking them?

Where do they find people who say "I totally want to be a renter !"

kb-centric nullsec alliances

haha -A- is godawful.

At least their killboard is green.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-01-01 00:07:04 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Most nullsec renters are pretty upfront about the arrangement, seeing as they want to collect their dues to pay the landlord with.

Oh God I forgot about them. i think I'm 0/12 KD ratio, and I don't really care. Ships blow up. Buy a new one, or build it and move along. I'd never fit in.
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-01-01 00:10:00 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
To answer the questions in the OP: If you want to learn fleet combat, unless you are in one of the few fleet roles that require a bit of independent thinking (Dics/Ewar), you had best get used to being micromanaged, at least during ops. Start with Eve Uni.

fleet ops are being dependent upon following the chain of command.

You can safely exclude that from my criteria.

refresh my memory... Dics?
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-01-01 00:13:19 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:

Ship with shiny bubble. Drop bubble, get primaried.

Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-01-01 00:14:23 UTC
Ah interdictors. Im used to people calling em dictors.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#28 - 2013-01-01 00:14:40 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:

Interdictors, they drop warp disruption probes that can tackle entire fleets if placed well. Generally FC's give them "General" directives, how they go about getting done is up to the individual pilot.
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-01-01 00:18:43 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:

Interdictors, they drop warp disruption probes that can tackle entire fleets if placed well. Generally FC's give them "General" directives, how they go about getting done is up to the individual pilot.

might be worth the week I'd need to spend to fly those, along with HACs and such. I'll need to look at my EVEmon plan.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2013-01-01 00:21:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

haha -A- is godawful.

-A-, old RA, FAIL, NCdot
pretty sure Cascade's renter alliance had more titans in it then the alliance proper actually
nothin though like the old days fighting the DRF with PK reinforcing some catch TCU with 20 battleships, meanwhile news breaks out over "-a- citizens super welp in impass"
Dani Lizardov
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#31 - 2013-01-01 00:28:49 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:

That is why! I found the awnser! Now give a cookie.

Goons are teribad at fleets :) lol
If you want to pvp, open eve-kill find your self a crop that is active in your time zone and give it a try
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-01-01 00:32:21 UTC
i dont think the five players in the alaska time zone will make a horrifically effective PvP alliance Twisted

But thanks for the suggestion, I'll look up pacific, central, etc.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-01-01 00:32:27 UTC
Dani Lizardov wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:

That is why! I found the awnser! Now give a cookie.

Goons are teribad at fleets :) lol
If you want to pvp, open eve-kill find your self a crop that is active in your time zone and give it a try

Terribad is both terrible and bad. It must be embarrassing to be kicked out of space by a bunch of people who keep trying to join fleet in their ratting drakes.
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-01-01 00:35:26 UTC
You mean my passive drake is no longer OP for PvP fleets? Say it ain't so!
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#35 - 2013-01-01 00:40:16 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:

might be worth the week I'd need to spend to fly those, along with HACs and such. I'll need to look at my EVEmon plan.

Dictors are great. It is really worthwhile to train at least 2 flavors. Sabre for Small Gang, and Flycatcher or Eris for fleets. 10mn AB Dictors are wonderfully fun to fly. You even occasionally survive to drop more bubbles after you bubble their fleet.

HICs are also fun to fly.

HICs and DICs. Fun to fly as it's fun to say.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#36 - 2013-01-01 00:47:25 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Kaylyis wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:

Dictors are great. It is really worthwhile to train at least 2 flavors. Sabre for Small Gang, and Flycatcher or Eris for fleets. 10mn AB Dictors are wonderfully fun to fly. You even occasionally survive to drop more bubbles after you bubble their fleet.

HICs are also fun to fly.

HICs and DICs. Fun to fly as it's fun to say.

I like Dics, Hics I don't think are anywhere near as fun.
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-01-01 01:05:13 UTC
8/10 for unintentionally trolling yourself... or was it deliberately?

meh, who cares?
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2013-01-01 01:23:00 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
You mean my passive drake is no longer OP for PvP fleets? Say it ain't so!

Drakes are yesterday's news, Caracal/Bellicose fleets are where its at these days.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Akiyo Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-01-01 01:46:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Akiyo Mayaki
I like how goons took over this thread. Just as good at wasting space on the forums as they are in-game I see. Pirate

No

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2013-01-01 02:12:52 UTC
perhaps you should send some industrial justice their way