These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

It's All About Trust

First post
Author
Arronicus
The Untraceable
M A R A K U G A
#141 - 2013-01-16 22:29:53 UTC
Not Politically Correct wrote:
Rain6635 wrote:
show me your 1 bil navy raven fit please.


Why are you so insistent? Do you want to be able to tell me it is a bad fit? I don't really care.

Rigs:
2X Large Field Purger 1s.
1x ( some type of Calefacation module.)

Highs:
7X Caldari Navy Heavy launchers
1X Large Regard Energy Transfer

Mids:
1 X 100MN T2 afterburner
3 X Large T2 Shield Extenders
1 X T2 Mission specific shield Hardener.
1 X SEBO II with Tracking Range Script

Lows:
3 X Power Diagnostic IIS
2 X Caldari Navy BCSs

Now, please keep your opinion of the fit to yourself. It won't have any effect on me, and it has nothing to do with this thread.


Terrible fitting. Heavy missile launchers on a raven? GTFO. Fit cruise missiles. Also, lose the tracking range script. It doesn't exist. Targeting range will work better.
Sorlac
Cosmos Industrial
Cosmos Origins
#142 - 2013-01-16 22:55:32 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
I think everyone's missing the point... he claimed to have made a lot of isk mining. This is clearly a troll Evil


Its really all about opinion; to me 100 mil is a lot of is which I easily make mining no problem. Main reason why it's a lot to me is because I don't have a lot to spend it on so then I'll do silly things with it like by combat ships that sit in station collecting dust.

So you can easily make "a lot "of isk mining if you don't need much to begin with.
Not Politically Correct
Doomheim
#143 - 2013-01-16 23:50:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Not Politically Correct
Arronicus wrote:
Not Politically Correct wrote:
Rain6635 wrote:
show me your 1 bil navy raven fit please.


Why are you so insistent? Do you want to be able to tell me it is a bad fit? I don't really care.

Rigs:
2X Large Field Purger 1s.
1x ( some type of Calefacation module.)

Highs:
7X Caldari Navy Heavy launchers
1X Large Regard Energy Transfer

Mids:
1 X 100MN T2 afterburner
3 X Large T2 Shield Extenders
1 X T2 Mission specific shield Hardener.
1 X SEBO II with Tracking Range Script

Lows:
3 X Power Diagnostic IIS
2 X Caldari Navy BCSs

Now, please keep your opinion of the fit to yourself. It won't have any effect on me, and it has nothing to do with this thread.


Terrible fitting. Heavy missile launchers on a raven? GTFO. Fit cruise missiles. Also, lose the tracking range script. It doesn't exist. Targeting range will work better.



My mistake. One of the reasons why the ship was so expensive is that the launchers were Caldari Navy Cruise. And you are right. It was a targeting range script.

So STFU about the ship and fit.
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#144 - 2013-01-17 21:38:35 UTC
Not Politically Correct wrote:
You have to realize that a corporation should be a living, growing, organism. Not a group of solo pilots that aren't trust-worthy.


Sure. Let's talk about how you euthanized these poor little clones before they could even grow out of hisec then.
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#145 - 2013-01-17 21:39:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Inxentas Ultramar
*accidental double post plz delete sry ISD* Ugh
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#146 - 2013-01-17 22:46:54 UTC
I just noticed the OP's name is "NPC"


but anyway, try looking up the in-game item "Ship Fitting Guide" the raven thing is a running joke from years ago.

Here is the question though....aren't people in real life equally capable of distrust? It's something you earn, as much in EVE as with real life. This is how people can trust each other in EVE.

As for some other points, yes, inter-corp combat is allowed, including podding. CONCORD ignores all of it. A mechanic made to allow for corp members to practice combat on each other as well as evil infiltrations such as this. This mechanic is something you should have heard about in your 3 years of playing and is very likely going to be a running criticism to the end of this thread.

You also say that this thread is more of a warning to people to not make the same mistake, correct?

The problem here is that EVE already has a notorious reputation for having the potential for backstabs. Any one who spends a little time researching EVE's past will know this before they ever join. Not only that but you're essentially in place where you're trying to tell firefighters to not put water on a grease fire to which the firefighters respond "well no ****".

And lastly your knee-jerk reaction is going to get you made fun of from here to hell and back. You essentially took that grease fire metaphor I just made and dumped out all your oil and declared that no one should ever cook with it ever again. You're over reacting and look like an idiot doing so.

Your logic is essentially "We'll since this well-known-to-be-unreliable-oil caught fire I'll never use oil to cook with ever again". No, just be more careful about how you pick.

As for people requesting your ship fit it's essentially them asking about which pan you cooked with. By flying a "shiny ship" (in this case a CNR with 7 faction launchers) you become more susceptible to be targeted as people want to steal the very same modules that make it so valuable. To fit this into my analogy it's like using a pan too small for meal you're trying to cook and you're saying "What does the pan have to do with anything? Oil is bad regardless" . No, setting yourself up to get burned is. Take better precautions and learn more about the game so you can cover your bases.

Carry a metaphorical fire extinguisher, use better cooking oil, handle it better, and get a proper sized pan (or only use the smaller one if you're sure).

Translated to EVE: Don't give them roles in the corp so you can kick them the second anything hairy happens, be more selective about who you choose and what you let newer members do, and don't flaunt an expensive ship unless you're around ell trusted people, keep a cheaper but still effective ship on hand when working with people you don't have full trust with yet.

The Drake is a Lie

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
WE FORM V0LTA
#147 - 2013-01-17 22:57:04 UTC
It's funny, the one ex-Goon we let into our wormhole coalition didn't steal billions of ISK from us, he managed to lose billions of his own ISK by getting his carrier and all his alts welped.

I guess he kinda messed up our killboard efficiency, though, so there's that, right?

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#148 - 2013-01-17 23:55:18 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Not Politically Correct wrote:
You have to realize that a corporation should be a living, growing, organism. Not a group of solo pilots that aren't trust-worthy.

Sure. Let's talk about how you euthanized these poor little clones before they could even grow out of hisec then.

Our newbies indeed commit suicide with their clone set to a station in a system like VFK.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#149 - 2013-01-18 00:37:50 UTC
*puts on his robe and tinfoil hat

What we have here people is a new type of awox. It is dirty, very cunning but very very dirty. I bet the OP himself is a goonswarm alt and was in a long range scam where he set up a "mission" corporation in the hopes of scamming several people out of their BPOs, Ships and other Items by using "help" and "low,low tax" as honey to draw in the poor defenseless carebears. Then invites a fellow awoxer to "gank" his ship (where is the kill mail for this, he types it out, I find that suspicious) and uses this as a pretext to "ragekick" out the carebears.

So he loses a single CNR (probably with no fit, he only needed to undock it incase a member was around the station, or maybe it was a regular raven, the carebears might not of noticed the difference) and in return rakes in billions from thft loot.

very cleaver. I give you no medals though.
Not Politically Correct
Doomheim
#150 - 2013-01-18 14:41:58 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
I just noticed the OP's name is "NPC"

Translated to EVE: Don't give them roles in the corp so you can kick them the second anything hairy happens, be more selective about who you choose and what you let newer members do, and don't flaunt an expensive ship unless you're around ell trusted people, keep a cheaper but still effective ship on hand when working with people you don't have full trust with yet.


You make a lot of good points.

In my defense . . .

He did not have any roles, but he has to dock to be kicked.

He had just flown 18 jumps to add some DPS to a mission. Oops

He had been in the corp for less than half an hour.

Getting rid of corp members may well have been an over reaction, but I can't afford two losses like that in one week, let alone one day. The main result of the gank, for me, was just more erosion of trust in fellow players. It's easy to say that we can trust most players, but I don't think that is true, and, anyway, which ones?

If corp members can gank each other at will, and I just had a good example of that, why have corp members? Some of the corp members now have ships that are more expensive than that CNR. I have to think of their safety, too.

BTW, recruiting practices have changed drastically. Also, we have an agreement now, that anyone who targets another corp member's ship, unless he is flying a Logi, becomes target number 1. And I make that very clear to new joins.


Not Politically Correct
Doomheim
#151 - 2013-01-18 15:09:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Not Politically Correct
Super spikinator wrote:
*puts on his robe and tinfoil hat

What we have here people is a new type of awox. It is dirty, very cunning but very very dirty. I bet the OP himself is a goonswarm alt and was in a long range scam where he set up a "mission" corporation in the hopes of scamming several people out of their BPOs, Ships and other Items by using "help" and "low,low tax" as honey to draw in the poor defenseless carebears. Then invites a fellow awoxer to "gank" his ship (where is the kill mail for this, he types it out, I find that suspicious) and uses this as a pretext to "ragekick" out the carebears.

So he loses a single CNR (probably with no fit, he only needed to undock it incase a member was around the station, or maybe it was a regular raven, the carebears might not of noticed the difference) and in return rakes in billions from thft loot.

very cleaver. I give you no medals though.


Glad you put on your tinfoil hat before posting this. Big smile

I've never been a goonie. Some of my characters have fought against the goonies, but none has ever been a member.

The corporation does not accept 'gifts' from corp members. The corp doesn't need any more ISK than we make from taxes now, in order to do what it does. If corp members have ships, BPOs or ISK that are just burning holes in their pockets, they need to find someone else to give them to.

I haven't been able to find a kill mail. I guess he didn't post it, and even if I knew how to post a kill mail, why would I post a loss?
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#152 - 2013-01-18 15:23:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Pak Narhoo
After this corp was created I met up through one of the members with a few pirates. Shocked
Was asked to do a level 4 with them, the CEO needed to crank up his sec status.

All the way during the L4 mission I had my camera turned backwards keeping an eye out for anything fishy.
Nothing happened. We became befriended, even joined the newly Alliance, stepped out of this corp at some point and joined the pirates, even though I'm not one but thought it could be handy knowing how they work and I liked to see a bit more then boring high-sec. Cool

Been in low sec, null sec, blew up a few POS and Sov modules, helped mopping up the remains of IT, got kicked out of Querious by another alliance, and all still was peachy.

Two and a half years later the now Ex-CEO, crawls his way back into the corp in another character and runs away with 3 bil. of my BPO's and all my POS modules.

It's the way EVE works. Either live with it or toss the towel in the ring.




Just one little item, when I left the corp, one of the remaining members send me 3 bil. out of his own pocket.
I'm still thinking of giving it back (no you cannot have it), since I already had written it off.


It's a weird universe out here.
Maybe that's why we're so passionate about it.
Gorn Arming
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#153 - 2013-01-18 15:26:53 UTC
I trust Goons completely. No question about it.
Lord Ryan
True Xero
#154 - 2013-01-18 15:38:39 UTC
No problem with Goons. It's the alts of that RL corp that freek me out, those guys are creepy. Better off solo!

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#155 - 2013-01-18 16:32:17 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Not Politically Correct wrote:
I've been playing since July of 2009. Had my ups and downs. Made a lot of ISK mining, lost a corp to an infiltrator, lost some expensive ships, blah, blah, blah.

Then I decided to start a mission running corp, and it was expanding nicely. 2.5% tax rate, Level 4 missions 18 hours a day even for people only 2 weeks old. It was a lot of fun helping them. Life was good.

Today I got an application from a 2007 player. +5.0 standing with Concord, no bounty, seemed like a nice guy, but there was a problem. He had been in both Goonswarm and Goonwaffe in 2010. So I asked him about that before accepting the application. He said that was a thing of the past, he had grown out of that phase.

Do you see where I am going now?

I accepted him and asked him along on a Level 4. He killed my CNR right outside of my home station. 994 million ISK down the tubes.

It was obviously my fault, as much for the things I did as the things I didn't do. But what's the result?

All the members of the corp are now in stasis and will be kicked as soon as they come out. Applications will be disabled permanently. I'm not going to quit the game, because I like it, but I would much rather fly solo, and auto-reject, than get another surprise like that.

'Nough said.

Kind of the first rule never take an ex-goon character or even one with an alt that has been in Goons. Well a rule in the top 10 anyway.

It is one of the prices of being a goon. If you want to leave Goonswarm you need a new account.

Are you saying that no Goon, not even one, can ever be successfully rehabilitated? That Goons have no chance at all of ever becoming decent human beings again? I want to see some credible demographic statistics on ex-Goon recidivism (that's the correct spelling there, I looked it up) rates. Until then, I refuse to judge my fellow man based upon mistakes he may have made in his past. Even if that includes a history with Gewns.
Xpaulusx
Naari LLC
#156 - 2013-01-18 16:36:38 UTC
Not Politically Correct wrote:
I've been playing since July of 2009. Had my ups and downs. Made a lot of ISK mining, lost a corp to an infiltrator, lost some expensive ships, blah, blah, blah.

Then I decided to start a mission running corp, and it was expanding nicely. 2.5% tax rate, Level 4 missions 18 hours a day even for people only 2 weeks old. It was a lot of fun helping them. Life was good.

Today I got an application from a 2007 player. +5.0 standing with Concord, no bounty, seemed like a nice guy, but there was a problem. He had been in both Goonswarm and Goonwaffe in 2010. So I asked him about that before accepting the application. He said that was a thing of the past, he had grown out of that phase.

Do you see where I am going now?

I accepted him and asked him along on a Level 4. He killed my CNR right outside of my home station. 994 million ISK down the tubes.

It was obviously my fault, as much for the things I did as the things I didn't do. But what's the result?

All the members of the corp are now in stasis and will be kicked as soon as they come out. Applications will be disabled permanently. I'm not going to quit the game, because I like it, but I would much rather fly solo, and auto-reject, than get another surprise like that.

'Nough said.

Ok, your first big mistake was making a thread about your loss, second was punishing the other corp members for some others actions. Any good CEO/Leader will acess the mistake he made , learn from it and move on. Trust is part of the risk factor involved with EvE, but you simply can't paint everybody with the same brush, it's a tough call, but most of us enjoy it that way, move on and have fun Blink

......................................................

Not Politically Correct
Doomheim
#157 - 2013-01-18 19:58:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Not Politically Correct
Khergit Deserters wrote:

Are you saying that no Goon, not even one, can ever be successfully rehabilitated? That Goons have no chance at all of ever becoming decent human beings again? I want to see some credible demographic statistics on ex-Goon recidivism (that's the correct spelling there, I looked it up) rates. Until then, I refuse to judge my fellow man based upon mistakes he may have made in his past. Even if that includes a history with Gewns.


I'm sure there are exceptions. Too bad. The only good goonie, active or ex-, is a dead one. They seem to attract the scum of the scum. Kind of understandable. Look at the leadership.

I refused to judge my AWOXER on mistakes in his past. Look what I got. Maybe, if you ever make the same mistake, you will learn the same lesson.
Not Politically Correct
Doomheim
#158 - 2013-01-18 20:14:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Not Politically Correct
Xpaulusx wrote:

Ok, your first big mistake was making a thread about your loss, second was punishing the other corp members for some others actions. Any good CEO/Leader will acess the mistake he made , learn from it and move on. Trust is part of the risk factor involved with EvE, but you simply can't paint everybody with the same brush, it's a tough call, but most of us enjoy it that way, move on and have fun Blink


The problem is, that it isn't fun anymore.

I've shut down 3 of my 5 accounts. I didn't build those characters for 1%ers to shoot at. They all have value. Why should I waste them in an arena where value means nothing and sheer destruction means everything?

I ran a 4 ship mining team, all my characters, for more than a year. Made ISK, bought things, manufactured things. Basically tried to do CONstructive things. But that isn't what this game is about, is it?

So I tried to find a middle ground. Mission running. It's not constructive, even though it keeps ISK circulating, but it also isn't destructive. And now I find it isn't safe.

I keep playing the game because I USED to like it. Not sure how long that is going to last.
Marius Deterium
Crush Kill Destroy
#159 - 2013-01-18 20:41:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Marius Deterium
Everything else aside.... how the hell can a carebear who runs level 4's for 12-18 hours daily, has a list of ships in corp hanger a page and a half long and he can't afford a new CNR?

This the problem with bears in this game. They are horders. What is all that isk for anyways if you're not going to buy new ships with it?
Not Politically Correct
Doomheim
#160 - 2013-01-19 05:15:28 UTC
Marius Deterium wrote:
Everything else aside.... how the hell can a carebear who runs level 4's for 12-18 hours daily, has a list of ships in corp hanger a page and a half long and he can't afford a new CNR?

This the problem with bears in this game. They are horders. What is all that isk for anyways if you're not going to buy new ships with it?


The CNR wasn't my choice in the first place. I fly an SNI now. Much better for my style of play.

I'm not a hoarder. I sell off 4-500 ships at a time, when the market is right. I just don't like to sell rigged ships, and most of what I have is rigged.

I don't need new ships very often because I don't waste them doing stupid ****.