These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Short-term goals and instant rewards: how to make 0.0 PVP complete and full of life

Author
psycho freak
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2012-12-29 21:42:11 UTC
in repect to the title of thread

how about stop blueing and blobing and taking everyones space
null sec is the beast you created

null sec used to be teaming with life bck in 06 since goon tcf ra beat lv its steam rolled to what you have now

id say 90% of losec pirates/ pvpers I know are ex null secers

you sh#t on your own door step you bout to step in it one day

funny thing is most null sec need fixing or nurf hisec or null needs buff threads are goon threads

well m8 you did it to your selves

stop sov war way it,is now you may save nullsec

but to most eve players null sec isnt worth our time

my spelling sux brb find phone number for someone who gives a fu*k

nop cant find it

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-12-29 21:46:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
main reason to leave nullsec broken: spite the st00pid g00nie blobbers that live there, they shot my ships 7 years ago
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-12-29 21:54:53 UTC
" Null sec pvp: how to make it complete and full of life"

Change it with high sec: Such concentration of players in such a small part of Eve universe should mean something in terms of game developement.

Except when big wars are occurring where ships destruction is huge, high sec provides the hugest part of ships destruction and game economy in all terms.
Slowly destroying high sec like it has been done over the years with nerf after nerf, didn't solved anything and will never ever solve whatever about null sec, interest one can have being there or fight for it when with decent diplomatic skills you can make it safer than high sec but even more boring because no one will want to waste time grinding stuff easily lost in a couple timers.

Had a nice moment reading you Op, prob because some of your statements/ideas are good, but I'm a realistic guy. This is just a game, this is the game where I've seen the most dev posting and interacting with their players base, but also the one where the feeling we're talking to walls is the stronger when you see what feedback is good for.

Nice reading however.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

psycho freak
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-12-29 21:56:42 UTC
null sec player controled content

working as intended

my spelling sux brb find phone number for someone who gives a fu*k

nop cant find it

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-12-29 22:00:50 UTC
psycho freak wrote:
null sec player controled content

working as intended

Or not. Lol

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2012-12-29 22:07:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:

Change it with high sec: Such concentration of players in such a small part of Eve universe should mean something in terms of game developement.

Except when big wars are occurring where ships destruction is huge, high sec provides the hugest part of ships destruction and game economy in all terms.

nope

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3235

PVP kills per region

High Sec 1,974,022
Low Sec 4,126,911
Null Sec 7,061,988
WH Sec: 377,786

as has been firmly established several times, highsec's purpose is largely outsourced nullsec industry. When the majority of the population will grind away in highsec undercutting each other endlessly to meet nullsec consumer demand, moving casuals and industrialists into null is largely a needless liability, and that hurts the player experience for everyone. Correcting this problem should be oriented about gearing the industrial capacity for each respective region for their level of ship consumption rate.
Tesal
#27 - 2012-12-30 00:58:51 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:

nope

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3235

PVP kills per region

High Sec 1,974,022
Low Sec 4,126,911
Null Sec 7,061,988
WH Sec: 377,786

as has been firmly established several times, highsec's purpose is largely outsourced nullsec industry. When the majority of the population will grind away in highsec undercutting each other endlessly to meet nullsec consumer demand, moving casuals and industrialists into null is largely a needless liability, and that hurts the player experience for everyone. Correcting this problem should be oriented about gearing the industrial capacity for each respective region for their level of ship consumption rate.

Hisec has the most ships destroyed though when you count pve ships. 8,291,948 Its not quite as lopsided as indicated.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#28 - 2012-12-30 01:01:58 UTC
The same 10 faces spend 20 hours a day posting the same threads.

Do they even play the game they want to get changed to suit their ideas?
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-12-30 01:07:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
true, but you're not taking into account what sort of ships are destroyed in PvE. Further down the article:

Quote:
And what do NPCs manage to destroy? Well, from the looks of things, the tutorials are killing quite a few players:

Condor 416,008
Atron 370,865
Slasher 262,312
Rifter 225,672
Kestrel 222,612
Catalyst 212,036
Drake 198,481

Excluding drakes, ravens and domis (the only pve ship losses to make the top 20), the entire kill history of New Eden's rats in terms of materials consumed is exceeded by the average nullsec supercap battle.

I'd rather not base highsec industry around tutorial-level ship loss personally. That'd be a bit excessive, in my opinion.
Kogh Ayon
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-12-30 02:32:23 UTC
The current state in null looks like: great big fights with lots of fun, when you engaging an important pos or station; roaming blindly at peace time; and sit in station or ratting when there is no even roaming.

Still playable and fun, but can be better.
Trendon Evenstar
Olympus Gods
#31 - 2012-12-30 03:16:03 UTC
Newsflash wrote:
i can squeeze all this in few words. get a way to get rid of huge coalitions and eve pvp will get much better.

The point he raised was: long term goals like campaigns and taking regions require A LOT of people from a lot of timezones. Short-term goals would require substantially less people but there really arent any at the moment.
Stabdealer Tichim
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2012-12-31 02:02:14 UTC
You should leave some faults and letting people to troll in your post, otherwise it will just get buried quickly lol
Karrl Tian
Doomheim
#33 - 2012-12-31 02:25:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Karrl Tian
Xolve wrote:

The amount of suffering a small group of dedicated pilots, basing out of a nearby NPC Null Constellation can cause to sov holding entities is pretty extreme. They just need to be dedicated in bringing the pain, they will get fights, they will kill ratters, they will do obnoxious things on jump bridges. To get the attention of people in SovNull you first have to show yourself as a threat, not fly through their region on a random day, in a random month- and never go back again.

A while back I decided to go sit on a pipe between Goon and Test space near Syndicate in a slasher and not leave until I died or killed something. I logged on and off in that pipe every day and my "PvE" was ninjaing loot from other people's ratting and running it back to NPC nullspace.

Long story short: It took a while and there were many, many flubs, but I eventually nabbed a stealth bomber (from a WH corp of all things) with a 200mil storyline cloak fitted.

The cloak dropped, but I never did find a buyer for some reason Sad
Kogh Ayon
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2013-01-01 02:09:16 UTC
Karrl Tian wrote:

A while back I decided to go sit on a pipe between Goon and Test space near Syndicate in a slasher and not leave until I died or killed something. I logged on and off in that pipe every day and my "PvE" was ninjaing loot from other people's ratting and running it back to NPC nullspace.

Long story short: It took a while and there were many, many flubs, but I eventually nabbed a stealth bomber (from a WH corp of all things) with a 200mil storyline cloak fitted.

The cloak dropped, but I never did find a buyer for some reason Sad

I think it is a good example for goalless pvp in EVE. People may do it for several times, but difficult to last long.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#35 - 2013-01-01 02:17:52 UTC
Karrl Tian wrote:
A while back I decided to go sit on a pipe between Goon and Test space near Syndicate in a slasher and not leave until I died or killed something.

Why would goons and test be moving between our regions?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#36 - 2013-01-01 02:43:12 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
The same 10 faces spend 20 hours a day posting the same threads.

Do they even play the game they want to get changed to suit their ideas?

Their game is to bury anything remotely against the Goon plan that is posted here in a giant pile of steaming ****. Methinks they may have some help from the Overseer's too.

Prolly some kind of Goon punishment for failing to attend enough mandatory blob fests...or they used big words on the SA forums. Big smile

"Little Goonie you now Must Shiptoast for XX days in GD"

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Batto Rem
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2013-01-01 04:58:29 UTC
there just needs to be some representation of other people in null sec that are not goons or test. Goons have too much influence over CCP when it comes to null. Not saying they should not have a say but there should be other voices as well.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2013-01-01 05:08:34 UTC
but who?
Hedion's oracle
Naari LLC
#39 - 2013-01-01 06:37:25 UTC
Post is irrelenvant since almost all of null is blue, nothing to see here move along.

Error: Working As intended

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#40 - 2013-01-01 07:36:28 UTC
Instant rewards are for kids to shut them up.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Previous page123Next page