These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Broken likes - button mechanic in forum.

Author
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-12-24 13:02:16 UTC
I remember destination skillqueue's last "likes" rampage... Lol

Dodixie > Hek

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#22 - 2012-12-24 13:16:20 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:

Yes, that one went on for some time, though...

Still, at least that last time no one was actually so stupid as to petition it (or at least did not announce it in public):

Gibbo5771 wrote:
Already petitioned it....

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2012-12-24 14:13:56 UTC
Let's all petition him for harrassment, because it's christmas ! :D
Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#24 - 2012-12-24 15:52:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
Louis deGuerre wrote:
As long as there is no dislike button the whole like business is totally meaningless.
-1 for the chap actually petitioning this.

Disslike button is very good idea, but from other perspective is very bad, like button represent your reputation or teling about how helpfull you are etc (in general), if we got disslike button probably people start use it to often and even (good guy may look like troll or somone who got bad reputation, just because people somtime hate - troll - personal atack - lack or understand - tolerance etc.

Personaly i have no idea how to petition this thing bacause its related to forum and forum code, so i just wrote post in GD about this, in fact not related to game, maybe somone form CCP pay atention to this.

But like some of you mention, this happens long time ago, and CCP not interfere (i quess) because this happens again.

I agree with you that "whole like business is totally meaningless" few day ago i saw somone with 5000 likes, but now this explan all...

EvE isn't game, its style of living.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#25 - 2012-12-24 15:58:04 UTC
Tarvos Telesto wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:
As long as there is no dislike button the whole like business is totally meaningless.

Disslike button is very good idea, but from other perspective is very bad, like button represent your reputation or teling about how helpfull you are etc (in general), if we got disslike button probably people start use it to often and even (good guy may look like troll or somone who got bad reputation, just because people somtime hate - troll - personal atack - lack or understand - tolerance etc.

Personaly i have no idea how to petition this thing bacause its related to forum and forum code, so i just wrote post in GD about this, in fact not related to game, maybe somone form CCP pay atention to this.

But like some of you mention, this happens long time ago, and CCP not interfere (i quess) because this happens again.

I agree with you that "whole like business is totally meaningless" few day ago i saw somone with 5000 likes, but now this explan all...

I got 1212 this morning Shocked

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#26 - 2012-12-24 16:00:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Tarvos Telesto wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:

I got 1212 this morning Shocked

Well this mean you wrote 1212 posts and replays since you active in forum ;) good job! ;p This guy likes every post even full of rage ;)

EvE isn't game, its style of living.

Gibbo5771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#27 - 2012-12-24 16:09:53 UTC
Nerath Naaris wrote:
ElQuirko wrote:

Yes, that one went on for some time, though...

Still, at least that last time no one was actually so stupid as to petition it (or at least did not announce it in public):

Gibbo5771 wrote:
Already petitioned it....

I am already a basement dwelling 13 year old virgin that love his mums visa, I like to be heard *****.
Ginger Barbarella
#28 - 2012-12-24 16:12:48 UTC
Nothing you can do about some idiot with more time on his hands than common sense.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Jenavee De'amore
Pyke Syndicate
Solyaris Chtonium
#29 - 2012-12-24 16:38:02 UTC
So Desination Skillqueue is the 'like' fairy of the EvE forums lol

Can't see why it would be a problem to be honest.... ty Desination Skillqueue o/
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#30 - 2012-12-24 16:38:39 UTC
Tarvos Telesto wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:

Situations like this are just one reason why a "Dislike" button is a very, very bad idea.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#31 - 2012-12-24 16:42:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Tarvos Telesto wrote:
I only gained about 1k likes during the last spree an none during this. Make of that what you want. P

But yes, a dislike button in as politicised a forum as this one would only ever end in disaster. Now, an “add bounty” button on the other hand…
Previous page12