These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

proposed command ship rebalance

Author
Sigras
Conglomo
#21 - 2012-12-27 18:03:06 UTC
the point is that either ship should be able to choose either role, not that the ships should be able to do both at once.

If you want to make your entire fleet 33% better, you have to sacrifice something . . .

If you dont have to sacrifice anything, then there are VERY FEW circumstance where you should not bring a command ship, and this is just wrong.
Mole Guy
Rage Confederacy
Dracarys.
#22 - 2012-12-27 20:31:56 UTC
there r some pilots who spec in logi, some in dps, some in ewar. i think there should always be a command ship pilot. and he shouldnt be forced to jump into a system, turn on links and put put around while his buds duke it out on the field. make em tough and get rid of the system wide bonus.make em have the dps of the field cs, with the links of the damnation, but limit it to ON GRID only.
only allow cap ships to bonus across system.
im good with that...

even for smaller fleets, i have proposed destroyer style commans called SubCommand ships.
they would get some of the bonus a cs would give, or maybe just 1 type.

logi give direct support. they dont need weapons because we fly together. we rep each other and stay alive.
the ability to give a 32% resist bonus has a marginal effect. its like adding a dead space EANP. that doesnt add that much.
if i run the links to give more reps, u burn up cap and non basi/guards are unstable. so its 1 or all 3.

pimp or gimp. running 3 links pulls crap loads of cap. itll make an abso WAY out of wack on cap. the damnation MIGHT be able to handle it, but it would depend on layout, hardners vs passive, burner/mwd...etc.

they would make fitting a problem to run all 3. and the loss of the cap savings on pulse (making then 3 x2 power instead of 6) would give room for a diff bonus or no more is needed.
Previous page12