These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

why cant we have mining moved to grav sites?

First post
Author
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#61 - 2012-12-12 16:11:58 UTC
Mirima Thurander wrote:
I assumed this thread would be full of LEAVE MY ROIDS ALONE and BUT MY BOTS.

Maybe the reason no one is complaining that it would break bots is because CCP is actually doing a good job controlling bots. No one left to complain.

How about ice fields are replaced by scannable comets. They could even be moved each day ( simulating a comet passing through the system). The nucleus would not be mineable, but it would produce fragments that drift away at 10-30 m/sec. You follow those and mine them. When a fragment mines out you warp back to the nucleus and pick up the next fragment. Each comet would last for a week or two until it got too close to the sun and was destroyed, or got to far from the sun and stopped producing fragments.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#62 - 2012-12-12 16:14:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Vincent Athena wrote:
Mirima Thurander wrote:
I assumed this thread would be full of LEAVE MY ROIDS ALONE and BUT MY BOTS.

Maybe the reason no one is complaining that it would break bots is because CCP is actually doing a good job controlling bots. No one left to complain.

How about ice fields are replaced by scannable comets. They could even be moved each day ( simulating a comet passing through the system). The nucleus would not be mineable, but it would produce fragments that drift away at 10-30 m/sec. You follow those and mine them. When a fragment mines out you warp back to the nucleus and pick up the next fragment. Each comet would last for a week or two until it got too close to the sun and was destroyed, or got to far from the sun and stopped producing fragments.


I can't agree with this one - explorers get enough false positives as it is without having them be in motion. I think I would have to agree that ice needs to be scannable, but not too difficult when scanning for it.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#63 - 2012-12-12 16:15:03 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Mirima Thurander wrote:
I assumed this thread would be full of LEAVE MY ROIDS ALONE and BUT MY BOTS.

Maybe the reason no one is complaining that it would break bots is because CCP is actually doing a good job controlling bots. No one left to complain.

How about ice fields are replaced by scannable comets. They could even be moved each day ( simulating a comet passing through the system). The nucleus would not be mineable, but it would produce fragments that drift away at 10-30 m/sec. You follow those and mine them. When a fragment mines out you warp back to the nucleus and pick up the next fragment. Each comet would last for a week or two until it got too close to the sun and was destroyed, or got to far from the sun and stopped producing fragments.


As cool as the idea is, I almost think its needless complication with little actual substance to gain. (No offense, as I said, its a really cool idea)

I think eventually Ice needs to just be shifted to the normal mining system, with ores instead of blocks, would be a lot better imo.

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#64 - 2012-12-12 16:19:10 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
No no, the suggestion is much deeper than that.
Yes, I get that what people are talking about sounds "deeper".

But apart from the change involving moving roids to sites, there's nothing new here. Nothing that the current mechanics don't already cover, just needless cluttering of exploration by adding redundant skills and items.

If you want to be Indiana Jones in space, it is as simple as checking Magno and Radar sites in your filters - and going out exploring.

Creating specific probes and skills for specific sites is not going to bring anything that the exploration mechanic doesn't already do. Rewards need to stay the same. CCP aren't going to plump WH/0.0 type sites in hi-sec for people with "specialized" skills.

All that will happen is that the top valued sites will be even easier to single out, and people will have an even harder time finding the sites they are complaining about not finding today, since competition increases right alongside convenience.

I am all for adding gameplay to the exploration system. It is one of the few mechanics in EVE that has "fun potential" if you're the type for it. I certainly support doing something with the gravimetric sites, since the current mineral situation makes them a lot less desirable, when you could just warp into the nearest belt and get the same reward.

Toku Jiang
Jiang Laboratories and Discovery
#65 - 2012-12-12 16:20:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Toku Jiang
Exploration complaints.

I just want to point out to eveyone that thinks the current exploration system is "old and crude" or "outdated", you have all been very very spoiled over the last several years with the current existence of exploration which is f***ing awesome compared to what it used to be. I believe someone mentioned site specific probes. Well guess what, there used to be 5 different kinds of probes, multi probes, radar, ladar, mag, and grav, oh and it sucked big time. First of all you had to run a multi to see if there was anything in system at all to look for. You launched probed, ran scan and waited ..... for MINUTES, not seconds to get a result. This would then sling back a result and tell you if there was ping and if so what kind it was. So then you had to launch the specific probes and start looking for the ping. Each scan taking several minutes. You would spend up to an hour finding a single site, and if I recall probes were not recoverable, once they were launched they were toast. Do you know how much cargo room you need to carry that many probes around? Oh ya you could not just move the probes around on the solar map either like you can now. You actually had to warp to a location and drop a probe there, one at a time. So you had to make safe spots in mid warp to catch planets and try to build your own grid to scan. Suck!! Oh and you could not adjust the scan range of the probe, there were actually different size probes for each type with a specific AU range and deviation. You would take like 20 probes to find 1 site.

So no no no no, quit crying about the current exploration system, it rocks and is extremely updated and streamlined compared to what it was and I like having a single probe to find sites and I can find them in minutes now not hours.

Mining only in Grav Belts.

I'm okay with this idea provided they did it right, but what you are describing would require someone to be part of corporation to mine or have multiple accounts, which I am not okay with. I know this is an MMO and all, but when MMO's basically require people to be part of a group in order to do even the most mundane tasks such as mining, they will drive off a part of their new customers and existing customer base that just want to play the game alone with one or two of their RL friends. Anything that drives off potential new customers is bad for business, no matter how small the group dynamic may be.
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#66 - 2012-12-12 16:21:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Darenthul
Pohbis wrote:
Darenthul wrote:
No no, the suggestion is much deeper than that.
Yes, I get that what people are talking about sounds "deeper".

But apart from the change involving moving roids to sites, there's nothing new here. Nothing that the current mechanics don't already cover, just needless cluttering of exploration by adding redundant skills and items.

If you want to be Indiana Jones in space, it is as simple as checking Magno and Radar sites in your filters - and going out exploring.

Creating specific probes and skills for specific sites is not going to bring anything that the exploration mechanic doesn't already do. Rewards need to stay the same. CCP aren't going to plump WH/0.0 type sites in hi-sec for people with "specialized" skills.

All that will happen is that the top valued sites will be even easier to single out, and people will have an even harder time finding the sites they are complaining about not finding today, since competition increases right alongside convenience.

I am all for adding gameplay to the exploration system. It is one of the few mechanics in EVE that has "fun potential" if you're the type for it. I certainly support doing something with the gravimetric sites, since the current mineral situation makes them a lot less desirable, when you could just warp into the nearest belt and get the same reward.



The thing is there would be a larger supply of sites period, so people with higher skills would have a larger range of access to them. I'm not asking for WH/Null/Low sites in high, I'm just asking for the ability to have a larger count of sites.

I jumped through 12 systems yesterday in my region, corner ones that had no traffic, scanned them down with full skills and turned up only a single gravimetric site that was already being mined. That's the problem I have. No matter how skilled I am at this scanning and finding and tracking, there's always some generic scanner who found it first. There's really no point for sensor strength bonuses beyond convenience , there should be a USE for scanning skills.

Honestly part of it comes from the fact I misread the new skills for sensor strengths and thought they were for scanning and not anti-jamming. At first I was talking to my brother and we were both excited, we're miners, we loved the idea we could focus into more specific scanning for our role and possibly find sites that generic scanners couldn't. Then we were hit with the truth and kinda saddened by it.

Toku Jiang wrote:
Exploration complaints.

I just want to point out to eveyone that thinks the current exploration system is "old and crude" or "outdated", you have all been very very spoiled over the last several years with the current existence of exploration which is f***ing awesome compared to what it used to be. I believe someone mentioned site specific probes. Well guess what, there used to be 5 different kinds of probes, multi probes, radar, ladar, mag, and grav, oh and it sucked big time. First of all you had to run a multi to see if there was anything in system at all to look for. You launched probed, ran scan and waited ..... for MINUTES, not seconds to get a result. This would then sling back a result and tell you if there was ping and if so what kind it was. So then you had to launch the specific probes and start looking for the ping. Each scan taking several minutes. You would spend up to an hour finding a single site, and if I recall probes were not recoverable, once they were launched they were toast. Do you know how much cargo room you need to carry that many probes around? Oh ya you could not just move the probes around on the solar map either like you can now. You actually had to warp to a location and drop a probe there, one at a time. So you had to make safe spots in mid warp to catch planets and try to build your own grid to scan. Suck!!

So no no no no, quit crying about the current exploration system, it rocks and is extremely updated and streamlined compared to what it was and I like having a single probe to find sites and I can find them in minutes now not hours.

Mining only in Grav Belts.

I'm okay with this idea provided they did it right, but what you are describing would require someone to be part of corporation to mine or have multiple accounts, which I am not okay with. I know this is an MMO and all, but when MMO's basically require people to be part of a group in order to do even the most mundane tasks such as mining, they will drive off a part of their new customers and existing customer base that just want to play the game alone with one or two of their RL friends. Anything that drives off potential new customers is bad for business, no matter how small the group dynamic may be.


"Because it used to suck" isn't a reason to not update things.

People used to **** in buckets, doesn't mean the toilet shouldn't have been invented.

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#67 - 2012-12-12 16:29:56 UTC
To keep things nicer for the newbies:

Anomalies for the low end rocks. Have them despawn an hour or so after someone enters them (if they're empty) and respawn elsewhere in the same system. Thus findable with the built in scanner. (the despawn is to keep them refreshed, rather than leaving a few small rocks in them) Of course, the problem would be someone leaving an alt in a anomaly which is mined out, to stop it respawning. So there'd need to be something to deal with that.

Signatures:
With a substantially increased number of them, move everything but scordite and veldspar into these (basic versions only. dense veld would be in a signature)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Toku Jiang
Jiang Laboratories and Discovery
#68 - 2012-12-12 16:32:57 UTC
Darenthul wrote:


"Because it used to suck" isn't a reason to not update things.

People used to **** in buckets, doesn't mean the toilet shouldn't have been invented.



Point is that this system has already been overhauled mutiple times over the years, it has been refined and refined and it works JUST FINE. CCP has spent a ton of time on this already, I would much rather they spent time on fixing existing bugs and imbalances in the game instead that actually matter.
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#69 - 2012-12-12 16:35:03 UTC
This idea again....

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Ginger Barbarella
#70 - 2012-12-12 16:53:26 UTC
Quote:
why cant we have mining moved to grav sites?


Because it'll make it too hard for the gankbears in high sec.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#71 - 2012-12-12 16:56:55 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
This idea again....

Still a good one. I'm pretty sure I've posted it once or twice myself.

Steve Ronuken wrote:

To keep things nicer for the newbies:

Anomalies for the low end rocks. Have them despawn an hour or so after someone enters them (if they're empty) and respawn elsewhere in the same system. Thus findable with the built in scanner. (the despawn is to keep them refreshed, rather than leaving a few small rocks in them) Of course, the problem would be someone leaving an alt in a anomaly which is mined out, to stop it respawning. So there'd need to be something to deal with that.

Signatures:
With a substantially increased number of them, move everything but scordite and veldspar into these (basic versions only. dense veld would be in a signature)

This is one of the better versions of this idea I've seen.

One of the disappointing things about scanning as things sit is the sheer volume of space you can go through and find *nothing*. The density of scannables should be greater than the density of no-scan astronomicals, and nothing was more disappointing for me than the discovery that scan sites are concentrated heavily around displayed astronomicals.

Exploring the already discovered just isn't as satisfying.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#72 - 2012-12-12 17:05:23 UTC
Toku Jiang wrote:
Exploration complaints.

I just want to point out to eveyone that thinks the current exploration system is "old and crude" or "outdated", you have all been very very spoiled over the last several years with the current existence of exploration which is f***ing awesome compared to what it used to be. I believe someone mentioned site specific probes. Well guess what, there used to be 5 different kinds of probes, multi probes, radar, ladar, mag, and grav, oh and it sucked big time. First of all you had to run a multi to see if there was anything in system at all to look for. You launched probed, ran scan and waited ..... for MINUTES, not seconds to get a result. This would then sling back a result and tell you if there was ping and if so what kind it was. So then you had to launch the specific probes and start looking for the ping. Each scan taking several minutes. You would spend up to an hour finding a single site, and if I recall probes were not recoverable, once they were launched they were toast. Do you know how much cargo room you need to carry that many probes around? Oh ya you could not just move the probes around on the solar map either like you can now. You actually had to warp to a location and drop a probe there, one at a time. So you had to make safe spots in mid warp to catch planets and try to build your own grid to scan. Suck!! Oh and you could not adjust the scan range of the probe, there were actually different size probes for each type with a specific AU range and deviation. You would take like 20 probes to find 1 site.

So no no no no, quit crying about the current exploration system, it rocks and is extremely updated and streamlined compared to what it was and I like having a single probe to find sites and I can find them in minutes now not hours.

Mining only in Grav Belts.

I'm okay with this idea provided they did it right, but what you are describing would require someone to be part of corporation to mine or have multiple accounts, which I am not okay with. I know this is an MMO and all, but when MMO's basically require people to be part of a group in order to do even the most mundane tasks such as mining, they will drive off a part of their new customers and existing customer base that just want to play the game alone with one or two of their RL friends. Anything that drives off potential new customers is bad for business, no matter how small the group dynamic may be.


Cool rant, bro. Now, first of all, we're just hashing out ideas. There was really no need to get your panties in a twist over something that isn't actually happening. This is just a discussion of ideas. If you can think of problems with the ideas, then discuss them. "You all have it easy these days" is not a argument against making things more interesting.

Secondly, it's awesome that you've been in the game so long, but if that's the case, why don't you offer your experience to some constructive criticism instead of just tearing ideas down?

And finally, if the system is so much more streamlined then it used to be, then there is no reason why it can't or shouldn't be expanded with a few new features eventually.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#73 - 2012-12-12 17:10:09 UTC
Buzzy Warstl wrote:
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
This idea again....

Still a good one. I'm pretty sure I've posted it once or twice myself.

Steve Ronuken wrote:

To keep things nicer for the newbies:

Anomalies for the low end rocks. Have them despawn an hour or so after someone enters them (if they're empty) and respawn elsewhere in the same system. Thus findable with the built in scanner. (the despawn is to keep them refreshed, rather than leaving a few small rocks in them) Of course, the problem would be someone leaving an alt in a anomaly which is mined out, to stop it respawning. So there'd need to be something to deal with that.

Signatures:
With a substantially increased number of them, move everything but scordite and veldspar into these (basic versions only. dense veld would be in a signature)

This is one of the better versions of this idea I've seen.

One of the disappointing things about scanning as things sit is the sheer volume of space you can go through and find *nothing*. The density of scannables should be greater than the density of no-scan astronomicals, and nothing was more disappointing for me than the discovery that scan sites are concentrated heavily around displayed astronomicals.

Exploring the already discovered just isn't as satisfying.



I'd assume this is due to (in lore) Lagrangian points http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrangian_point Blink

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Mirima Thurander
#74 - 2012-12-12 17:18:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Mirima Thurander
Steve Ronuken wrote:
To keep things nicer for the newbies:

Anomalies for the low end rocks. Have them despawn an hour or so after someone enters them (if they're empty) and respawn elsewhere in the same system. Thus findable with the built in scanner. (the despawn is to keep them refreshed, rather than leaving a few small rocks in them) Of course, the problem would be someone leaving an alt in a anomaly which is mined out, to stop it respawning. So there'd need to be something to deal with that.

Signatures:
With a substantially increased number of them, move everything but scordite and veldspar into these (basic versions only. dense veld would be in a signature)

They where doing the alt thing in null CCP all ready fixed it.


So how do we feel about doing the same with ice belts and then when ccp gets more time moving the to a more interesting approach like the comet idea?

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

Toku Jiang
Jiang Laboratories and Discovery
#75 - 2012-12-12 17:34:01 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Cool rant, bro. Now, first of all, we're just hashing out ideas. There was really no need to get your panties in a twist over something that isn't actually happening. This is just a discussion of ideas. If you can think of problems with the ideas, then discuss them. "You all have it easy these days" is not a argument against making things more interesting.

Secondly, it's awesome that you've been in the game so long, but if that's the case, why don't you offer your experience to some constructive criticism instead of just tearing ideas down?

And finally, if the system is so much more streamlined then it used to be, then there is no reason why it can't or shouldn't be expanded with a few new features eventually.



Points taken;

I guess the sermon I preached was more a be careful what you wish for type of thing. I know it isn't currently happening, but I would very much like to warn off an old system and old ideas that were already used that already sucked, I guess that is what I was pointing out. Of course you could sell cryptic ship interfaces for 155 million a pop, so it wasn't all bad =)

I don't disagree that the system could be expanded. I would actually like to see them make the movement of probes on the solar map a little better, or better yet let you create scan pattern templates that you could save and then when you wanted to scan a system you simply pop out the probes, tell it which template you want to use, they warp off and run the scan. That would be cool.

I actually like Steve Ronukens idea in regard to scanning for belts and sigs for mining sites, looks like it could work.
Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#76 - 2012-12-12 17:38:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Toku Jiang wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Cool rant, bro. Now, first of all, we're just hashing out ideas. There was really no need to get your panties in a twist over something that isn't actually happening. This is just a discussion of ideas. If you can think of problems with the ideas, then discuss them. "You all have it easy these days" is not a argument against making things more interesting.

Secondly, it's awesome that you've been in the game so long, but if that's the case, why don't you offer your experience to some constructive criticism instead of just tearing ideas down?

And finally, if the system is so much more streamlined then it used to be, then there is no reason why it can't or shouldn't be expanded with a few new features eventually.



Points taken;

I guess the sermon I preached was more a be careful what you wish for type of thing. I know it isn't currently happening, but I would very much like to warn off an old system and old ideas that were already used that already sucked, I guess that is what I was pointing out. Of course you could sell cryptic ship interfaces for 155 million a pop, so it wasn't all bad =)

I don't disagree that the system could be expanded. I would actually like to see them make the movement of probes on the solar map a little better, or better yet let you create scan pattern templates that you could save and then when you wanted to scan a system you simply pop out the probes, tell it which template you want to use, they warp off and run the scan. That would be cool.

I actually like Steve Ronukens idea in regard to scanning for belts and sigs for mining sites, looks like it could work.


What you said the old system was like was nothing like what I was suggesting. I was suggesting that the current exploration mechanics remain AS IS, but also have additional specialised gear and skill requirements for focusing on specific sites. You would go out, for example, with grav skills and grav gear, launch your grav gear, and scan down a grav site in the same way you scan down a regular site now with regular gear. The benefits of this: 1) you get EXTRA sites available only to people that have trained for the specific site type, 2) it automatically filters out stuff that you're not specifically searching for (as it is, you have to still get at least a 25% hit on something before you know what it is), and 3) no more false positive for specialised training. No un-streamlining of the system, just expanding it with better rewards for more work put in in order to give the exploration career a bit of a buff and its dalliers a little more focus.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#77 - 2012-12-12 17:49:13 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Toku Jiang wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Cool rant, bro. Now, first of all, we're just hashing out ideas. There was really no need to get your panties in a twist over something that isn't actually happening. This is just a discussion of ideas. If you can think of problems with the ideas, then discuss them. "You all have it easy these days" is not a argument against making things more interesting.

Secondly, it's awesome that you've been in the game so long, but if that's the case, why don't you offer your experience to some constructive criticism instead of just tearing ideas down?

And finally, if the system is so much more streamlined then it used to be, then there is no reason why it can't or shouldn't be expanded with a few new features eventually.



Points taken;

I guess the sermon I preached was more a be careful what you wish for type of thing. I know it isn't currently happening, but I would very much like to warn off an old system and old ideas that were already used that already sucked, I guess that is what I was pointing out. Of course you could sell cryptic ship interfaces for 155 million a pop, so it wasn't all bad =)

I don't disagree that the system could be expanded. I would actually like to see them make the movement of probes on the solar map a little better, or better yet let you create scan pattern templates that you could save and then when you wanted to scan a system you simply pop out the probes, tell it which template you want to use, they warp off and run the scan. That would be cool.

I actually like Steve Ronukens idea in regard to scanning for belts and sigs for mining sites, looks like it could work.


What you said the old system was like was nothing like what I was suggesting. I was suggesting that the current exploration mechanics remain AS IS, but also have additional specialised gear and skill requirements for focusing on specific sites. You would go out, for example, with grav skills and grav gear, launch your grav gear, and scan down a grav site in the same way you scan down a regular site now with regular gear. The benefits of this: 1) you get EXTRA sites available only to people that have trained for the specific site type, 2) it automatically filters out stuff that you're not specifically searching for (as it is, you have to still get at least a 25% hit on something before you know what it is), and 3) no more false positive for specialised training. No un-streamlining of the system, just expanding it with better rewards for more work put in in order to give the exploration career a bit of a buff and its dalliers a little more focus.


Yep this is exactly what I was suggesting too.

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Kathtrine
My Dot Corp
#78 - 2012-12-12 17:53:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Kathtrine
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
Darenthul wrote:
Also throw in the fact there are barely enough grav sites as is.. I scanned down a dozen systems last night, low traveled ones too, and only one found and it was already being mined. (Full skilled, full setup scanning ship I should note)


That's just luck, all I ever get is grav sites and I have no interest in them ¬¬


Thats becuase EVE can read your mind and knows you dont want them.


I would love to see more Grav Sites in EvE. But really we do have them. Run lvl 3 missions and then go mine them out. You could also scan down the Mission runners and go scout thier mission to see if it has rocks. Mind you it wont be jaspet or hemorphite but just extra high-sec ore. Mostly its Veldspar but other ores do show up.

And your not likely to run into a random belt Ganker. Not that they bother me much.

[b]If your griefing about EvE online and still paying for it, your hooked and CCP has done thier job.

Now go blow somebodies ship up and stop whining about whatever your are lacking.[/b]

Eru GoEller
State War Academy
Caldari State
#79 - 2012-12-12 17:56:20 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
I'd actually like to see more specialized probes that only find specific types actually, and have higher strength for that type. I'd throw ISK at that in a heartbeat. Make them require a special probe launcher and high skills to use.

Make a guess of what kind of probes the old scanning system used!
Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#80 - 2012-12-12 17:58:48 UTC
Eru GoEller wrote:
Darenthul wrote:
I'd actually like to see more specialized probes that only find specific types actually, and have higher strength for that type. I'd throw ISK at that in a heartbeat. Make them require a special probe launcher and high skills to use.

Make a guess of what kind of probes the old scanning system used!


We've been over this. Please read thread.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104