These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Countering Titan Bridges - EVESP

First post
Author
Trolling Face
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#101 - 2013-01-03 15:51:12 UTC
Capitol One wrote:

Nope, not at all.

Most "Hotdroppers" are actually hoping for a proper fleet to drop on, a fight that might go either way. At least that's what I hope for, it's the most thrill you get in eve in my opinion.

Take a trip thorugh random amarrian low sec and you will see that the elite pirates are dropping 15+ T3 and BS on a
gang with 6 BC´s. 2 of the bc pilots are older than 4 months and the rest are totally newbs with T1 fitted drakes.

thats elite pvp at its best happening every couple of days.

i know that there are some guys out there who would not light the cyno, but who doesnt want some free and 10000% safe kills.
alt gtc
Frogs United
#102 - 2013-01-03 16:53:04 UTC
Opera Noir wrote:
However since they nerfed doomsday devices [WHICH HAVE NEVER WORKED IN LOW SEC] Titans really should have some value [IN 0.0 SPACE] to represent their enormous investment.
Fixed.
Emily Florence Nightingale
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#103 - 2013-01-21 12:23:29 UTC
GenesisMike wrote:
1) Jumping through gates is for peasants.

2) Italics are awesome.

3) If you aren't capable of adapting you are playing the wrong game.

Mike

All of this to be honest

and my main still thinks the OP is an idiot
CyberRaver
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#104 - 2013-01-24 19:36:56 UTC
The DND guys you seem to hate so much bridged onto goons recently, and much goodfites were had, the reason we came out on top was due to having friends,eve is a numbers game, always has been
Shadowschild
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#105 - 2013-01-25 19:27:00 UTC
You want to counter a titan bridge? Get another titan to bridge your fleet in.

They accelerate pvp!
Klymer
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#106 - 2013-01-28 22:58:53 UTC
Ynot Eyob
Nisroc Angels
The Obsidian Front - Reborn
#107 - 2013-01-29 11:39:36 UTC
Dread Operative wrote:
Smart FC - Enemy Cyno Up. Align to sun.
*Local Spike - Check numbers
Smart FC - We can't take this. Warp warp warp.
* A couple ships get snagged like any other fleet roam and retreat.

I keep seeing theis Titan issues popping up.

In my fleets iv been:
Dropped by DnD
Dropped by SC
Dropped by PL

Along with alot of others. And to be fair only with few loses if not a win, or bail.

Last week we got dropped 3 times by PL, and to be fair, if we had seen them in local next door we would problally just had bailed out, but instead we ended up in a 15min fight which we won, and 50 odd people having a laugh on TS.

DnD we exspected a drop from, which ended up in them loosing a few dreads and carriers. (Not saying, we havnt lost plenty in other fights)

When you get dropped once, exspect it comming, mark you targets so youll know you can exspect it in the future.

I serious dont see it as a big problem, as long as you always are prepare for it.

As one stated, with you have a toon with 100m Skillpoints and a 100b ship, you should have a small benifit.

I saw someone state, if you have a titan you rule low sec. Thats not true.
If you missuse your titan, youll end up never getting any fights, and people exspect it comming, and avoid the engagements.

Nisroc - Angel of Freedom Nisroc is known as "The Great Eagle".

Ynot Eyob
Nisroc Angels
The Obsidian Front - Reborn
#108 - 2013-01-29 11:41:28 UTC
Forgot to say, you have benifits in null, was stated....

Titan have a benifit to, they can brigde trough, trow a bubble and catch the hole fleet, in low sec you have a chance to get most of the fleet out if not all.

Nisroc - Angel of Freedom Nisroc is known as "The Great Eagle".