These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SIGN here for PERMA safety switch setting

Author
eddie valvetino
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-12-06 12:22:52 UTC
signed - really bad idea ccp
Ristlin Wakefield
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-12-06 15:06:22 UTC
Singeabooty Raj wrote:
Katsumoto Moliko wrote:
Signed. I would imagine having to do this all the time would be annoying. Pirate

Singeabooty Raj wrote:
Remember CCP want capsuleers to be safe and happy like kids at a theme park and new eden to be a pleasant experience.

Being able to switch it off for good would be like going to Disney Land and not seeing Mickey Mouse.

The system is more for helping newbies if anything. What?

Like a mother wipes a babies bottom after its pooped into the nappy ? What?

Dude, I was flipped, baited, and killed in the freaking starting zone the 2nd day I got into EVE. You can get banned for messing with new players, but this douchebag still decided to do it. Did I complain? I would've, but I didn't even know it was against the rules until weeks later.

New players do stupid things because they don't know the mechanics. Just like how you didn't know how to control your bladder as a mutt, new people to EVE think they stand a pretty good chance at defending their **** because it doesn't occur to them veterans will sit around the starting areas just to mess with new players.

Helping newbies get into the game is something CCP has been trying to do for ages, but they can't keep them in the game if they don't do something to help them learn how to play and succeed. Giving newbies clearer information on what they can and cannot do is the first step in that process.

I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license.

Keelin Rassour
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-12-06 15:09:03 UTC
I am on the opposite scale of piracy, however, a game mechanic designed to keep me safe(ish) should not burden others who do not need/want the feature and thus should be made optional., not mandatory.

This has my vote.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#24 - 2012-12-06 15:40:35 UTC
Pointless thread is pointless.
Chatti
Berserkir Expeditionary Forces
#25 - 2012-12-06 15:48:04 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Pointless thread is pointless.

Makes me think the forums need a safety button so we don't have to read people's brainfarts
Emily Florence Nightingale
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2012-12-06 16:03:43 UTC
signed
SB Rico
Sumo Wrestlers
#27 - 2012-12-06 16:21:33 UTC  |  Edited by: SB Rico
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Aww c'mon pirates quit your bitching. They have already said the goal is to have the state persistent. But they ran out of time to get it working properly for the expansion.

And this is an excuse?

If they hadn't finished it then why not wait for the next patch and in the meantime I dunno... FINISH IT!

X Signed

Oh and for those saying CCP are working on this, their quote on announcing this was they would release it as is and fix it if feedback was enough ie if we don't start complaining they won't bother.

Scammers are currently selling killrights on this toon for up to 5mil, if you have paid for this service demand your money back at once.

Killing me should be for free.

Coyote Reach
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-12-06 16:26:36 UTC
X
Maximillian Bonaparte
Interstellar Booty Hunters
#29 - 2012-12-06 16:37:05 UTC
SaKoil
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-12-06 16:38:32 UTC
x
CraftyCroc
Fraternity Alliance Please Ignore
#31 - 2012-12-06 16:39:23 UTC
Signed
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#32 - 2012-12-06 17:19:16 UTC
SB Rico wrote:
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Aww c'mon pirates quit your bitching. They have already said the goal is to have the state persistent. But they ran out of time to get it working properly for the expansion.

And this is an excuse?

If they hadn't finished it then why not wait for the next patch and in the meantime I dunno... FINISH IT!

X Signed

Oh and for those saying CCP are working on this, their quote on announcing this was they would release it as is and fix it if feedback was enough ie if we don't start complaining they won't bother.

I never said it excuses them. But it is pointless to have a petition to SIGN for a feature that is already going to be implemented.

I'd like to see that quote. The quote I have seen is

Quote:
On persisting the safety button setting: it's something we were hoping to get into this release but didn't quite have time.

Which doesn't say they would fix it only if feedback was enough. Additionally, during a segment of the New Eden Open tournament they had CCP grayscale on and he specifically said they are working to make the setting persistent. So it IS getting fixed.

He also did a good job explaining the reason why it did not make the retribution release, ie it is more than just a client setting but they need to make sure the persistent setting properly updates the server every time otherwise it would be a GM/petition nightmare if the client setting didn't match up with what the server thought the setting would be.

But by all means, keep signing a pointless petition thread, in a forum not monitored for bug fixes (rather than putting this in I dunno, the ISSUES forum).

And keep in mind I am not saying I agree with CCP in releasing an incomplete feature. But a petition thread in C&P for something that is already on the todo list is just silly.
Skywalker
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2012-12-06 21:52:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Skywalker
Ok, excuse me CCP for not seeing that you wrote it is being implemented (worked on).
However, releasing this function could aswell have been done at the same time as the perma function would be in place.
And i do suspect that if we don't continue to sign into this page, programming the function will get low prio.

One can also wonder (without being a programmer) how hard can it be ?
Computers is IO's, so its just a "I" needed in a ini file or similar in my eyes, just like any other UI setting you select when pressing the escape button.

Also i would like to give some positive feedback to CCP, the sentry change in low sec for warp out-warp in is very good, especially for pirates that like to solo gatecamp.
Skywalker
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2012-12-06 21:55:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Skywalker
Eternal Error
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-12-06 21:57:10 UTC
signed
nikon56
UnSkilleD Inc.
#36 - 2012-12-11 15:20:27 UTC
Ristlin Wakefield wrote:
Singeabooty Raj wrote:
Katsumoto Moliko wrote:
Signed. I would imagine having to do this all the time would be annoying. Pirate

Singeabooty Raj wrote:
Remember CCP want capsuleers to be safe and happy like kids at a theme park and new eden to be a pleasant experience.

Being able to switch it off for good would be like going to Disney Land and not seeing Mickey Mouse.

The system is more for helping newbies if anything. What?

Like a mother wipes a babies bottom after its pooped into the nappy ? What?

Dude, I was flipped, baited, and killed in the freaking starting zone the 2nd day I got into EVE. You can get banned for messing with new players, but this douchebag still decided to do it. Did I complain? I would've, but I didn't even know it was against the rules until weeks later.

New players do stupid things because they don't know the mechanics. Just like how you didn't know how to control your bladder as a mutt, new people to EVE think they stand a pretty good chance at defending their **** because it doesn't occur to them veterans will sit around the starting areas just to mess with new players.

Helping newbies get into the game is something CCP has been trying to do for ages, but they can't keep them in the game if they don't do something to help them learn how to play and succeed. Giving newbies clearer information on what they can and cannot do is the first step in that process.

and?

we don't want this feature removed, i myself think it is a great feature for adressing issues that newbies can encounter during their learning of the complex eve mechanisms, but for older player that are used to them, it shall be possible to bypass it, and to remain bypassed.

i already lost several kills because of this bad implemented feature.

it should never had reached TQ in its current state

X signed
Duke Thunderhorse
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-12-11 15:23:25 UTC
CCP, I fully understand the consequences of my actions.

X
Vasavia
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-12-11 17:37:15 UTC
/signed. Absolutely.
Mirac Factar
Hypergolic
#39 - 2012-12-11 20:58:31 UTC
Signed, this is a simple UI change and I'm as carebear as they come.
Tara Read
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#40 - 2012-12-11 21:29:02 UTC
Signed.