These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Bounty in High Sec Does NOT Mean Kill Rights

Author
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#21 - 2012-12-04 15:18:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Darenthul
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
"Note: Bounties have no effect on who can be attacked legally. Attacking a character with a bounty in high security space that is not a war target and does not have a suspect or criminal flag will result in CONCORD intervention."

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Bounty

EDIT: I should 'Report" those posting to mis-inform noobs. Pathetic.

Not misinforming noobs, misinforming idiots.

Noobs aren't going to be putting bounties up and trying to attack people in high-security regardless. Idiots however LOVE consequence-free killing.

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-12-04 15:18:29 UTC
Ultimately without the ability to trigger suspect status on any bountied person (with a negative security status) the whole notion of a Bounty Hunter career is vaporware IMHO.
Doddy
Excidium.
#23 - 2012-12-04 15:20:11 UTC
dexington wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
CONCORD will still intervene in high sec with a bounty on a head.

No they will not you can put the 100K bounty and anyone in hi-sec and killing them, will only suspect flag you, concord will not attack you.

This guy needs to be heard tbh
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#24 - 2012-12-04 15:24:21 UTC
Darenthul wrote:

So these are mutually exclusive now.............

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Abu Tarynnia
Kings-Guard
Sigma Grindset
#25 - 2012-12-04 15:25:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Abu Tarynnia
Darenthul wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
"Note: Bounties have no effect on who can be attacked legally. Attacking a character with a bounty in high security space that is not a war target and does not have a suspect or criminal flag will result in CONCORD intervention."

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Bounty

EDIT: I should 'Report" those posting to mis-inform noobs. Pathetic.

Noobs aren't going to be putting bounties up and trying to attack people in high-security regardless. Idiots however LOVE consequence-free killing.

You got a LIKE from me :)
How can this have been not seen during testing ?! Bombing away the healthy base of the customers ... *shake head* I would get fired if I tested my software like this ....

Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Darenthul wrote:

No they are not .. but the noobs are paying the idiots ....

YOU CANNOT HAVE MY STUFF!!!!

Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#26 - 2012-12-04 15:25:31 UTC
dexington wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
But go ahead and troll your way to your pathetic Daily Forum 'Victory'.

Forum is serious business.

hey you look a bit like Vic.

AFTER HIM!!!
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#27 - 2012-12-04 15:26:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Darenthul
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Darenthul wrote:

If we're discussing the concept of Newbs vs Idiots, I highly doubt new players are going to be tossing money in the air in the hopes of being able to shoot at someone in high sec (considering they're probably flying ships that'd die in milliseconds anyway).

I moreso believe the raw morons are the ones who are like "AWESOME CHEAP CONSEQUENCE-FREE KILLS IN HIGH SEC!" and are much more likely to fall for this.

Quote:
You got a LIKE from me :)
How can this have been not seen during testing ?! Bombing away the healthy base of the customers ... *shake head* I would get fired if I tested my software like this ....

If you weren't a damn Amarrian I'd give you one as a thanks, but something about your people enslaving my people, and yada-yada-yada.

<3

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#28 - 2012-12-04 15:28:19 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Darenthul wrote:

If we're discussing the concept of Newbs vs Idiots, I highly doubt new players are going to be tossing money in the air in the hopes of being able to shoot at someone in high sec (considering they're probably flying ships that'd die in milliseconds anyway).

I moreso believe the raw morons are the ones who are like "AWESOME CHEAP CONSEQUENCE-FREE KILLS IN HIGH SEC!" and are much more likely to fall for this.

.....as they are funded 'BILLIONS for BOUNTIES' by their Alliance Leading Slave Drivers

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2012-12-04 15:28:37 UTC
You guys are looking at this all wrong. Focus on the kill rights, not the bounty.

1. Fly back and forth through Rancer in a noob ship
2. Just die like crazy, collecting kill rights all the while
3. Sell said kill rights
4.?... I already did the profit part...this one just seems obvious

As a side note...you are much less likely to be podded now, as blowing up ships in low sec won't get you gate guns anymore, just pods. Another bonus, without fear of taking aggro from gates pirates might start using smaller ships which will make breaking camps in low a bit more attainable for noob frig fleets (a very little bit)
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#30 - 2012-12-04 15:29:04 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Darenthul wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Darenthul wrote:

.....as they are funded 'BILLIONS for BOUNTIES' by their Alliance Leading Slave Drivers

If you're in an alliance, you're not a noob, and you're fair game for anything typically.

When I hear noobs, I think "lol I'm mining in a Wreathe in Embod!"

Nirnaeth Ornoediad
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2012-12-04 15:32:05 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
great work, Cpt. Obvious.

Sad part is, he had to point this out at all. There's tons of people throwing themselves into CONCORD at the moment thinking they get free kill rights for bounties. Its delightful!

Ironically, Goonswarm is going to harvest the most tears.

1. Everyone and their sister puts bounties on Goonswarm.
2. Everyone starts shooting random Goonswarm toons in Empire.
3. CONCORD goes crazy and kills would-be bounty hunters.
4. Goons then sell Kill Rights to anyone and their sister.
5. Would-be bounty hunters get mauled a second time.

TL;DR - More ISK will transfer from Empire to Goonswarm.

Fix POSes.  Every player should want one (even if all players can't have one).

Wivabel
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-12-04 15:33:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Wivabel
Shooting ships on gates in lowsec will give you gategun aggro assuming the target is not legal. Anything that gives you a suspect flag will incur the wrath of the gate guns. The difference is you have to commit the crime while on grid of the guns. If you warp off the guns will stop shooting unless you do something bad again.

-Wiv Big smile

I am not sure if I am going to log in anymore.......

Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#33 - 2012-12-04 15:33:49 UTC
Nirnaeth Ornoediad wrote:
Darenthul wrote:
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
great work, Cpt. Obvious.

Sad part is, he had to point this out at all. There's tons of people throwing themselves into CONCORD at the moment thinking they get free kill rights for bounties. Its delightful!

Ironically, Goonswarm is going to harvest the most tears.

1. Everyone and their sister puts bounties on Goonswarm.
2. Everyone starts shooting random Goonswarm toons in Empire.
3. CONCORD goes crazy and kills would-be bounty hunters.
4. Goons then sell Kill Rights to anyone and their sister.
5. Would-be bounty hunters get mauled a second time.

TL;DR - More ISK will transfer from Empire to Goonswarm.

Oh dear Lord, I hadn't considered this..

fukier
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-12-04 15:34:52 UTC
i am at work and have not dl the patch... but as far i understaqnd you start with green light on? so how are these poeple making this mistake?
At the end of the game both the pawn and the Queen go in the same box.
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#35 - 2012-12-04 15:36:17 UTC
fukier wrote:
i am at work and have not dl the patch... but as far i understaqnd you start with green light on? so how are these poeple making this mistake?

No no no.

People are thinking that if a target has a bounty on them, you can attack them anywhere without any consequences. So people are throwing 100k bounties on a target, attacking them, then getting nuked by CONCORD.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#36 - 2012-12-04 15:37:25 UTC
fukier wrote:

Doncha know ? This type of player were the ones complaining and stating that the first thing they will do is turn it off.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#37 - 2012-12-04 15:38:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Darenthul wrote:
So people are throwing 100k bounties on a target, attacking them, then getting nuked by CONCORD.

Billions, dahlink. BILLIONS.

EDIT: The tears about the financial hit on this should start hitting the forums in the next few hours.

Then there will come the petitions, and calls for the CSM to DO SOMETHING.........................

Doddy
Excidium.
#38 - 2012-12-04 15:39:26 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
fukier wrote:

No no no.

People are thinking that if a target has a bounty on them, you can attack them anywhere without any consequences. So people are throwing 100k bounties on a target, attacking them, then getting nuked by CONCORD.

His point is that peoples safeties should make it impossible for people to mistakenly blow someone up. The only reason to turn the safety off is if you want to suicide gank someone or pod in lo sec.
Abu Tarynnia
Kings-Guard
Sigma Grindset
#39 - 2012-12-04 15:40:09 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
You guys are looking at this all wrong. Focus on the kill rights, not the bounty.

1. Fly back and forth through Rancer in a noob ship
2. Just die like crazy, collecting kill rights all the while
3. Sell said kill rights
4.?... I already did the profit part...this one just seems obvious

As a side note...you are much less likely to be podded now, as blowing up ships in low sec won't get you gate guns anymore, just pods. Another bonus, without fear of taking aggro from gates pirates might start using smaller ships which will make breaking camps in low a bit more attainable for noob frig fleets (a very little bit)

So .. there is no problem when a pirate goes to station, places a bounty on your head, then shoots you, salvage your corpse and is NOT attacked by CONCORD because he placed some 100K ISK on your head for the bounty of lets say 30Mio (to put it low) ?! And then you want to sell your kill right for what ? 10 Mio ? *laugh* get serious .... if it smells, tastes and feels like ... a bug .. it is a bug.

YOU CANNOT HAVE MY STUFF!!!!

fukier
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-12-04 15:40:33 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
fukier wrote:

Doncha know ? This type of player were the ones complaining and stating that the first thing they will do is turn it off.

ffs... can someone activate the jita cam? this must be jokes to watch...
At the end of the game both the pawn and the Queen go in the same box.
Previous page123Next page