These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Now that the jukebox is gone...

First post First post
Author
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#141 - 2013-02-18 00:22:15 UTC
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
Sound Cloud is a Goon subsidiary corp!

Seriously though, please bring back the Jukebox. and make mining lasers LOUD again!
I think the new sound system is much better than the old one in which some sound effects would completely drown others out. But I don't see why the old sound effects couldn't be put into the new system. I liked the old strip miner sound effect, the new one is boring and so quiet I can't tell by ear if the darn things are still running.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#142 - 2013-02-18 01:30:04 UTC
Miss Teardrop wrote:
anyone still have a mp3 player I can borrow. I miss the jukebox.

You mean other than the free one that likely came with your operating system? Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Lithalnas
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#143 - 2013-02-18 01:48:10 UTC
Fleetwide DJ perhaps? Just link an MP3 player to eve voice and then auto mute when people are talking.

Fleet commander can designate fleet DJ and people can mute that persons music with a simple toggle button. It would be nice for a wee bit of trolling but i have faith that my corp mates have good selections of music.

https://www.facebook.com/RipSeanVileRatSmith shoot at blue for Vile Rat http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73406

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#144 - 2013-02-18 02:07:22 UTC
hah fleetwide DJ would be sweet.

For those who were debating which track off the eve soundtrack is the best, it is Gallentean Refuge, by far. How do I get my guitar to sound wobbly like that? What?
Yonis Kador
KADORCORP
#145 - 2013-02-18 02:11:36 UTC
Oh and one more thing while we're talking about in-game sounds and where a CCP Dev may actually see this: what is up with that horrid explosion sound every time I dock at a station? That one noise rocks my speakers so much that it alone determines the volume at which I can enjoy the game. KABOOOM!!!! You're docked? If I'm doing something incorrectly, please, for the love of nacho cheese, somebody help me fix it.

YK
Ankles McGlashan
Doomheim
#146 - 2013-02-18 02:24:13 UTC
Clearly the superior track is It's Full Of Stars
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#147 - 2013-02-18 02:42:29 UTC
My OS doesn't like souncloud site X

I have been disempowered as choice has been removed from me.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#148 - 2013-02-18 10:51:43 UTC
Yonis Kador wrote:
Oh and one more thing while we're talking about in-game sounds and where a CCP Dev may actually see this: what is up with that horrid explosion sound every time I dock at a station? That one noise rocks my speakers so much that it alone determines the volume at which I can enjoy the game. KABOOOM!!!! You're docked? If I'm doing something incorrectly, please, for the love of nacho cheese, somebody help me fix it.

YK
I hear a kaboom sound every time I dock, but it's rather quiet. Check your volume settings, is one slider way higher than the others?

They added a bunch of little sound effects for things, like when your capacitor gets low, trying to shoot someone with safety on, docking at a station, completing a mission, turning a mission in...but they're all quiet for me.

And the best music track is clearly Red Glowing Dust. If you think otherwise, you're out of your mind.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Darth Bathrobe
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#149 - 2013-02-18 12:20:40 UTC
The music in EVE is what I imagine the Boron music from X is.
Irok Anrul
Doomheim
#150 - 2013-02-18 15:16:38 UTC
Pandora + EVE = Win

In all seriousness, I like the ambient music in EVE, but having Skrillex or Die Antwoord playing in the background makes even auto-pilot jumping more enjoyable.
Zak Breen
Breen Enterprises
#151 - 2013-02-18 15:59:51 UTC
I actually like the music in-game and miss the jukebox. Sad

Maturity, one discovers, has everything to do with the acceptance of not knowing. http://www.di.fm/spacemusic

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#152 - 2013-02-18 16:29:16 UTC
With the feedback offered I'd like to have some comment from a Dev, please.

The new system is also monotonous. I hear the same 5 or 6 songs over and over (aside from the mission deadspace music). I also don't care for the fact that the music will sometimes change in the middle of a song when you move from system to system in the same security status of space.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#153 - 2013-02-18 16:57:51 UTC
Just a note:

I think the music is awesome and only regret that there is not much more of it, so many expansions, not much more music.

Long long ago in a galaxy far far away there was a college radio station that played music that was like the jukebox, only longer, more ambient, and just plain weird. You needed an appreciation for the sounds, what an electronics system can do, and the creativity of the artist.

(in other words, if you didn't hit the dial for quick gratification "disco" or rock or whatever other mainstream brainless pap was available)

People who don't like the music should simply just not listen, but to come here being a douche about it when it accomplishes nothing is a true mark of a useless air thief.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#154 - 2013-02-22 04:23:38 UTC
Now that i think about it, CCP, honestly, just how difficult would it be to have a source-file or whatever for all the music to be drawn from, then have a checkbox in menu for "dynamic music", when its off the jukebox is made available to access any songs in the file at a whim, when unchecked the jukebox cannot come up and songs are drawn from the file automatically.

i hoenstly dont see how this would be incredibly difficult, though not a programmer so what do i know.
Cephas Borg
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#155 - 2013-03-04 03:06:05 UTC
Sorry, CCP, but "you have chosen poorly"... and without a discussion! X At least, not one I was even vaguely aware of. I must have missed my invitation to the roundtable where this was decided. I'm terrible with losing stuff. Roll

And you won't believe it, but now we're being told by some people to basically go and buy a record player, borrow some records from mum and dad, and play them in the background instead! Although I suspect that very subject came up at the "ditch the music" meeting...Twisted

A simple user-centric playlist manager, like some radio stations use, would work. You hear the music, you "like" it, you hear it more often, or you click a link and you buy it. The link doesn't have to be more than a link to the artist's homepage. Users could submit their own tracks (copyleft, no commercial crap) for rating and play. Make it like a DJ. Just make it different to what it is now, please!

This isn't a big deal to fix. With the fantastic tools (and even fantasticer developersStraight) you have at your disposal, it would be difficult not to build such a UI playlist gadget! Hell, I bet at least one of your coders already has something they wrote themselves over a weekend, just for fun!

I hope this doesn't get the big, heavy "it was decided that, moving forward, our core strengths would be more profitably focused" blah blah blah. We've heard that, and it doesn't cut the mustard.

So, how about it?

I think some people don't remember how much the music means when you're playing Eve, especially for the first time. It lulls you into a sense of false security in lowsec, it keep miners (like me) from going mad, it's the backdrop to the whole game. I'm really disappointed that such a core feature has been taken out of the players' hands, and instead put beyond our reach.
-CQB

Minmatar OutBond Sebiestor Journeyman Real-life Cyborg Part-time Poet Philosophical Sceptic (Will work for food / ISK)

Spetznak Sokarad
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#156 - 2013-03-04 03:20:10 UTC
Bring back the jukebox PLEASE!

it only makes sense to give the option to ALL subscribers.

i loved the in game tracks and being able to control everything in game....

for those that didnt like or use the jukebox feature .... no prob for them.

but those of us who did utilize this, why take it away?
Dasola
New Edens Freeports
#157 - 2013-03-04 07:48:04 UTC
CCP RealX wrote:
Julia Reave wrote:
I just thought it might uselessly continue playing in the background, when I just turn the volume down.

That's why I was looking for the "stop" button :)

I'm looking into either to add a checkbox to make the music stop or when the slider goes to 0.0 that the the music system will also stop.

Please this... Im suprised it was not implemented this way when jukebox was taken out in first place.

And yes, i have all my accounts music slider all the way to left.. It gets annoying after couple days. Even faster if you multibox...

We are Minmatar, Our ship are made of scraps, but look what our scraps can do...

Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#158 - 2013-03-04 08:35:43 UTC
CCP RealX wrote:
Sad

Make better music and people might think about sliding the music volume bar to the right. Blink
Kristopher Rocancourt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#159 - 2013-03-04 13:54:08 UTC
CCP RealX wrote:
Kha'Vorn wrote:
Julia Reave wrote:
...is there a way to actually stop the music or prevent it from playing other than turning its volume slider down in the options menu?

Doubt it.

Turn the slider for music down down down. I did that on my 2nd day in eve. Never slid to the right again..

Sad

Eve music needs a buff. the same moaning spacenoise gets ANNOYING after a few years.

http://killalliance.co.uk/tears/tears-holeysheet/

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#160 - 2013-03-04 15:10:15 UTC
I'd just want the music slider not to be global, I have it turned off completely now because you can't multibox with music.