These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Retribution 1.0 Feedback

First post
Author
Nyla Skin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#521 - 2012-12-05 11:06:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Nyla Skin
Alana Ataru wrote:


Bounties would be more productive, if you could only have one placed on you for commiting a crime, and while flagged as such. Then while bounty is on you, you are a criminal and flagged to all, in all space till the bounty is collected.


No it wouldn't. That was precisely the problem with the previous system. You could like, steal 200 billion from your alliance and not have committed a crime enough to have bounty placed on you. The problem was in the system's perception of what is a crime. Now that decision is in the hands of players, and having some jokers place insignificant bounties on you is a small price to pay.

In after the lock :P   - CCP Falcon www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#522 - 2012-12-05 11:12:51 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Lol, so it turns out that not only can you put a bounty on anyone you want to now, but you can also put one on yourself - I just put 100,000 on my own head for ***** and giggles.

Come n' get it, kiddies Blink

EDIT: I have to add, as an afterthought, and having never had a bounty on me before...

is receiving an EVE-mail telling you WHO placed the bounty a new thing or has it always been there?


that's a new thing, added after getting feedback from our dev blog

if you want to place it anonymously you can place it with an alt or via 3rd party service (I'm sure some bounty placer corps will form!)

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#523 - 2012-12-05 11:19:31 UTC
Commander A9 wrote:
I'll repeat what I said on Test Server.

You can still place a bounty on yourself! And I really don't think that's by design. Makes no sense to me to put your own money on yourself to make yourself wanted or a target.


yeah it's by design.. why not? some people might want to look cool on the most wanted list or be a more viable target in low sec or nullsec

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#524 - 2012-12-05 11:19:46 UTC
Mhari Dson wrote:

Perhaps I should have been more clear, the bounty was placed on me and literally hundreds of other people for attempting to help other players understand the patch changes/etc in helpchat. basically the system has been cheapened to the point where it really means nothing.


Nyla Skin wrote:


The problem was in the [previous] system's perception of what is a crime. Now that decision is in the hands of players, and having some jokers place insignificant bounties on you is a small price to pay.


Mhari, I don't know what kind of bounty you go put on you... I think you mentioned a mil earlier? For everyone in chat? 1 mil each, right?

I have a half billion on me because one poor crying little forum baby with too much isk didn't like me disagreeing with them. And then I had two people try to claim it and get concorded for their efforts because lots of silly people who think placing a bounty on someone automatically means kill rights for anyone that tries to claim it are terribly mistaken.


That bounty is still on my head, and I'm sure someone will try to claim it again, but if it's in high sec, they are going to need to be flying something that is worth less than one-fifth of what I'm in for it to be profitable. If it's in low sec, then good on them for besting me in combat, or even managing to track me down in the first place, because I can be hard to track. But even if someone lands a kill on me, why should I be concerned? It's still all just pixels. The bounties just make them more interesting pixels.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#525 - 2012-12-05 11:21:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Commander A9 wrote:
I'll repeat what I said on Test Server.

You can still place a bounty on yourself! And I really don't think that's by design. Makes no sense to me to put your own money on yourself to make yourself wanted or a target.


yeah it's by design.. why not? some people might want to look cool on the most wanted list or be a more viable target in low sec or nullsec


It's a trap Blink

I actually put a hundred thousand on myself today just for ***** and giggles. Then this happened. So now it's 500,100,000 ISK total. Lol

EDIT: I wrote this before I noticed that you'd responded to my earlier post which I forgot I had written - I'm a little absent minded sometimes.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

onefineday
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#526 - 2012-12-05 11:24:30 UTC
the most ussles upgrade is a security button i dont want it on then i set it off one but now i need to swich it off every single time i log in it just bad
N4RUNI JOE
Omni Galactic Resource Excavations
#527 - 2012-12-05 11:25:30 UTC
I have seen a lot of the releases in eve.....I must say on this release...excellent job...well done guys.Big smile
Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#528 - 2012-12-05 11:27:07 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Mhari Dson wrote:

Perhaps I should have been more clear, the bounty was placed on me and literally hundreds of other people for attempting to help other players understand the patch changes/etc in helpchat. basically the system has been cheapened to the point where it really means nothing.


Nyla Skin wrote:


The problem was in the [previous] system's perception of what is a crime. Now that decision is in the hands of players, and having some jokers place insignificant bounties on you is a small price to pay.


Mhari, I don't know what kind of bounty you go put on you... I think you mentioned a mil earlier? For everyone in chat? 1 mil each, right?

I have a half billion on me because one poor crying little forum baby with too much isk didn't like me disagreeing with them. And then I had two people try to claim it and get concorded for their efforts because lots of silly people who think placing a bounty on someone automatically means kill rights for anyone that tries to claim it are terribly mistaken.


That bounty is still on my head, and I'm sure someone will try to claim it again, but if it's in high sec, they are going to need to be flying something that is worth less than one-fifth of what I'm in for it to be profitable. If it's in low sec, then good on them for besting me in combat, or even managing to track me down in the first place, because I can be hard to track. But even if someone lands a kill on me, why should I be concerned? It's still all just pixels. The bounties just make them more interesting pixels.



A logical system would have been appreciated, what we have is just a joke as your own post says.
Sjach Kothar
Joined Brotherhood Holding
#529 - 2012-12-05 11:27:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Sjach Kothar
we need the jukebox back, primarily for managing our own music with an in game playlist manager..

the last thing we need is to be forced to use and out of game source for listening to music that we have on our pc, when all it causes is for use to have to alt-tab out to the media player just to change what we listen to when it was much simpler to keep the jukebox minimized with only the control buttons showing so we just had to make 1 quick click to skip a track or quickly change playlist while still being able to see whats going on around us during our roams, gate camps, mining ops, incursion and mission running.


the new dynamic ambient sounds are good and i see no problem with them but instead of having it be forced why not make the default playlist select the appropriate tracks from the jukebox based on the dynamic system. and if we dont like whats playing we can easily chose to change the track or playlist.

im sure all can agree that audio pleasure should not be turned into a hassle

and for those that listen to there music via internet will just have to keep dealing with it as its there choice to do so

so give us the jukebox back.
3BEPEB
PARTIZANS
#530 - 2012-12-05 11:29:29 UTC
that's the most horrible patch EVEr!!! Ugh

I can get killed by anyone in hisec for looting someones wreck/cont - that's ok, BUT also I cand get PODed in hisec by anyone for looting - this is nonsence

NPC reagro - do u wanna all solonpcfappers in empire to join together for NPC killing? LOL so just rename EvE to WoW then

Frigsize loggi - cheap pvp? NO, pvp is dead in empire from now (and no solo in nullsec from now)

patch for carebears who don't want any pvp and communication with other players

There was solopvp in Eve, not much but it WAS, there is no solopvp now! Thank u!

Eve does not have any differences from other MMOs from 90's now, it's a great step forward for sure!

WELCOME TO NEW EVE - World Of Evecraft!




█ ▀ █▀█▀█░░░ █▀█ █▄█ ▀█▀ ▄█▀

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░║│▌▌ ▌ █ ▐ ▐▐│║ ░░░░░░

Riazal
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#531 - 2012-12-05 11:30:28 UTC
a message to the new player

DO NOT START OUT WITH A GALLENTE TOON

guns are crap and DRONE BOATS are a waist of time..

i really feel sy for you..you will never make any real isk and and evan ratting the belts you will die...

a message to CCP

why do you put really nice things in game like officer mods revenant/Titans... then kill ppl's isk making so they are allways going to be out of reach... only ppl in this game that make any real isk are alliance leaders....what happend to giving moon goo to the grunt????
we spend months training to be the best at thing's then boom nerf.. wow did i just waist my hole year training 20mil.sp on drones on another account....feels like i did..


-1 ccp for another crazy nerf..


99% grind 1%fun

Aina Sasaki
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#532 - 2012-12-05 11:33:51 UTC
Silver Coon wrote:
I really don't like that now when I use the scroll wheel in the market for modifying prices, I HAVE to be with the cursor over the price box for it to work. (PC)


Absolutely agree. Please change this back to how it was before.

- Rei

KingMazz ONE
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#533 - 2012-12-05 11:35:37 UTC
Can I have a refund for my game time ? This is the biggest waist of an expansion in any game i have ever played. Oops

IT MAKE"S MY WINKY GO DING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#534 - 2012-12-05 11:47:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Little Dragon Khamez
starbelt stacy wrote:
Seay Prime wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
EVE Online: Retribution 1.0 has been deployed successfully.

Retribution 1.0 brings a large amount of improvements, including a new and improved Crimewatch, a new way to hunt bounties, 4 new destroyers, a new mining frigate, tons of rebalanced frigates and cruisers, and a lot more.

For full details, especially already known issues, please check the patch notes.

This thread is for general feedback. If you encounter any issues please use the Retribution 1.0 issues thread here.



Ok, here's how it goes... Is ccp broke? I mean do they need money really badly??? what is this the monetary system version of a video game? Be real guys... Since I've started eve, money making became harder in every single damn patch...

First came the steady rise of Plex... then the reduction of isk payout from incursions... then the period of price rise in ships and ammo... then further increase in Plex prices (in isk i mean)... Then a period when everything that used to be considered cheap became luxury like decking corps and much more expensive when decking alliances etc... Then the sudden BooM in Plex prices again , and now the bull crap you call "tweaks and balances"??? When did inflation become a problem in Video games? I thought inflation was a thing of real life where human purchasing power keeps decreasing and their rights are constantly abused.

Oh wait... I get it you wanna make this game like WoW where players have to constantly PAY to play :)
Hmm... so whats next in plan? 1B target for Plex prices by next patch? then the removal of Plex as a market item???
People like me were already fooled with that "power of two" deal so they had two accounts to manage (as if it really is necessary). I decided to pay for one and Plex the other but it all seems to be very hard now... As you know the PvP business is costly...

And finally the "RETRIBUTION" comes!!! horay! but wait.... Did rats just become einstein??? opps! bye bye iskies for those mission runners or rat farmers (like my self) because rats now auto agro "EVERYTING" thats in vicinity!!! not thing that shoot at them, but i literally mean everything!!!!!!!!!!!! just like my logi repping my tengu that was farming... or the noctis i lost while salvaging after farm when the rats spawned and insta-poped by noc... Oh yeah not to mention all the rookies that lost their ships that decided to take a peak and the famous land-mark the caldari titan! (in Luminaire). A hulk, some more visitors, some explorers and my fellow peaceful miner friend Roman that lost his pro fitted hulk! :)

So all this adds up to one thing.... CCP wants people ganked, isk lost, plex bought... simple as that. But I tell you what... I'll wait for another week to see the bits and pices of patches to retribution and if it's goes on... bye bye EVE hello again WoW :)



THIS!!! ..... well said that man.

ive been saying it since patch launched this has everything to do with force milking us into buying PLEX.

could understand if this was a F2P model but it isnt we pay a sub for this and this patch has many a mission runner disgruntled due to the epic ninja NERF of level 4's / Ratting being the main impact on me since it is what i choose to do in evefor isk.

it just doesnt make any sense unless you look at it as if ccp are trying to push us all into 0.0 space whether we want to or not.


I actually like the tougher rats, it makes l4 mission running more interesting, time consuming and challenging. I'd like to see a future where rats are even tougher but are balanced with bigger bounties and fewer of them so that it doesn't take a team of 20 players to complete one level 4. I agree with the other posts which state that the pitza's are a little bit too big, and I honestly don't like the Heavy missile nerf, but other than that I think this has been a good patch, a successful deployment. And to be honest I don't think CCP are trying to drive anyone into buying plex with cash.

There have been changes made to the game that affect how the markets work, i.e. changing the nature of the russian drone regions etc, but plex is only so high in price because people are selling their plexes at that high price. The market is now virtually all player activity for most things so you should blame the players for wanting their plexes to be sold as high as they are..

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Kenshaiso
League of Non-Aligned Worlds
#535 - 2012-12-05 11:51:45 UTC
The new targeting icons are really great, but waaaaaaay too big. I can't see my beautiful spaceships! Also don't like having to have my cursor in the market box to scroll it, very annoying. The new sound changed are great and I actually like the new buzz, EvE has always been to quiet imo and this makes it feel more up to date.

Good work CCP!
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#536 - 2012-12-05 11:57:21 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Explorer
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Jack' Sparrow wrote:
The patch in general I'm quite happy with though, I'm not very pleased with the removal of the jukebox.

Based on CCP's dev blog they seem to think that built in jukebox's are a thing of the past. Shocked I disagree.
I suppose the next "intelligent" CCP move is:

- remove calculator

- remove notepad

- remove calendar.

After all, the Operating System comes with a calculator and notepad, and we can always use Outlook for better calendars right?
So, as a dev who loves to hate the EVE Calculator (name dropping CCP karkur here to try and have this post be caught by her RSS filters; we have a special EVE Calculator relationship...):

The jukebox had no extra EVE-specific functionality and as detailed in the devblog by CCP t0rfifrans (http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73569) then we felt it was better handled by implementing location-aware soundscapes. The music is on http://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/ and is distributed with the client and there are better players out there.

I feel the EVE Calculator in its current form should be removed, but I clearly see how it could be improved to have EVE-specific functionality. But is investing time and people in that work worth it to you, the players? Will it increase the players' experience in general beyond other things we could be implementing and improving?

The notepad is somewhere between the jukebox and the calculator, but I don't have strong opinions on it... Smile

The EVE Calendar clearly already has EVE-specific functionality and is a method for players to organise their work in ways that Outlook and Exchange can't (unless everyone in the corp/alliance had access to the same Exchange server).

The tool you don't mention is the EVE Browser. Should we invest time and people in upgrading that to the latest Chromium version, support HTML5 so you can stream YouTube videos, etc? Why would that be worth our time for you, the players? How would you want to prioritise it (above what and below what)?

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Mistress Vice
La Souverainete du sang
#537 - 2012-12-05 12:00:30 UTC
1. Can tipping. I keep seeing comments about can tipping and it flags you? Well you want some pvp action or you wouldnt be tipping cans now would you! so dont cry when you get whacked by anyone who feels like pulling the trigger cause your asking for it. If your not then dont tip the can. this is just another way to get the tipper killed.....its a risk you take already!

2. Bounty system. I believe that they should have made this system apply the bounty to the persons account so you cannot log a toon or delete a toon to avoid the bounty. also they should have perma flagged you until the bounty is totally collected. free to kill in high sec. Because if you like being flagged then welcome to lowsec or no sec or get killed every time you undock.

just my opinion but if you want PVP then have at it but dont cry about getting it.
Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#538 - 2012-12-05 12:02:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Mhari Dson
CCP Explorer wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Jack' Sparrow wrote:
The patch in general I'm quite happy with though, I'm not very pleased with the removal of the jukebox.

Based on CCP's dev blog they seem to think that built in jukebox's are a thing of the past. Shocked I disagree.
I suppose the next "intelligent" CCP move is:

- remove calculator

- remove notepad

- remove calendar.

After all, the Operating System comes with a calculator and notepad, and we can always use Outlook for better calendars right?
So, as a dev who loves to hate the EVE Calculator (name dropping CCP karkur here to try and have this post be caught by her RSS filters; we have a special EVE Calculator relationship...):

The jukebox had no extra EVE-specific functionality and as detailed in the devblog by CCP t0rfifrans (http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73569) then we felt it was better handled by implementing location-aware soundscapes. The music is on http://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/ and is distributed with the client and there are better players out there.

I feel the EVE Calculator in its current form should be removed, but I clearly see how it could be improved to have EVE-specific functionality. But is investing time and people in that work worth it to you, the players? Will it increase the players' experience in general beyond other things we could be implementing and improving?

The notepad is somewhere between the jukebox and the calculator, but I don't have strong opinions on it... Smile

The EVE Calendar clearly already has EVE-specific functionality and is a method for players to organise their work in ways that Outlook and Exchange can't (unless everyone in the corp/alliance had access to the same Exchange server).


The tool you don't mention is the EVE Browser. Should we invest time and people in upgrading that to the latest Chromium version, support HTML5 so you can stream YouTube videos, etc? Why would that be worth your time for you, the players? How would you want to prioritise it (above what and below what)?



the browser's fine in its current iteration imo, but the calculator should function as a basic calculator not consider every input as if it were bieng placed as a complex algebraic expression. Simplicity not complexity.
Riazal
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#539 - 2012-12-05 12:02:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Riazal
CCP Explorer wrote:
The tool you don't mention is the EVE Browser. Should we invest time and people in upgrading that to the latest Chromium version, support HTML5 so you can stream YouTube videos, etc? Why would that be worth your time for you, the players? How would you want to prioritise it (above what and below what)?

[/quote]

below puting my 20mil sp in drone's toon back to where he is not a waist of time/plex
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#540 - 2012-12-05 12:03:47 UTC
Riazal wrote:
a message to the new player

DO NOT START OUT WITH A GALLENTE TOON

guns are crap and DRONE BOATS are a waist of time..

i really feel sy for you..you will never make any real isk and and evan ratting the belts you will die...

a message to CCP

why do you put really nice things in game like officer mods revenant/Titans... then kill ppl's isk making so they are allways going to be out of reach... only ppl in this game that make any real isk are alliance leaders....what happend to giving moon goo to the grunt????
we spend months training to be the best at thing's then boom nerf.. wow did i just waist my hole year training 20mil.sp on drones on another account....feels like i did..


-1 ccp for another crazy nerf..


99% grind 1%fun



As a gallente myself with primarily gallente ships, I call your bluff. You're doing something wrong.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104